Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island/Tropical EP - my ideas

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I see an island with a volcano that erupts once and a while (no huge floods of lava, it just spits and goes back to sleep). 75% of the island is different neighborhoods like there is in other worlds but with a beach theme. The other 25% of the island can not be gotten to by human sims or by boat (to many rocks and rough waters). In this cove, is where merfolk will live in huts on the beach or near the beach. There are caves above ground and caves below water, some lead to "rooms" to explore, maybe one can have an old pirate ship in it. Some furnishings and clothes could come from salvaged pirate ships.
    I think that sounds like a lovely island for a tropical vacation EP which I would totally buy! But, like I say, I would also like a mermaid EP with an underwater world and more fleshed out mer people than we saw in TS3. If mermaids did come as part of your tropical is,and EP, then I would like the 25% of the island dedicated to mermaids to be underwater with underwater lots, homes etc.

As you can probably tell, I am just really excited by the prospect of an underwater world, or even just a few underwater lots. I think it would be fantastic. But, I guess we will just have to wait and see! It’s fun to think about ideas in the meantime anyway so thank you :smile:
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We only had a few underwater lots in S3. I don't think it would even be possible to create an entire village underwater. I imagine it will be pushing our luck to just get ocean swimming, much less diving.

I also don't think an underwater world would play well, it seems too problematic. But, if they gave it to us, I'd buy it.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    We only had a few underwater lots in S3. I don't think it would even be possible to create an entire village underwater. I imagine it will be pushing our luck to just get ocean swimming, much less diving.

I also don't think an underwater world would play well, it seems too problematic. But, if they gave it to us, I'd buy it.

I didn’t like the underwater lots in TS3 either. I was hoping for it to be very different in TS4.

In my imagination, underwater lots in TS4 would play very much like an above water lot except that the sims would swim instead of walk, the backdrop would be blue ocean instead of sky, fish would swim past instead of birds, seaweed and coral would grow instead of plants.

This is going to sound stupid, but have you seen Spongebob? I am picturing a town laid out underwater in much the same way.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

I didn’t like the underwater lots in TS3 either. I was hoping for it to be very different in TS4.

In my imagination, underwater lots in TS4 would play very much like an above water lot except that the sims would swim instead of walk, the backdrop would be blue ocean instead of sky, fish would swim past instead of birds, seaweed and coral would grow instead of plants.

This is going to sound stupid, but have you seen Spongebob? I am picturing a town laid out underwater in much the same way.

Based on the jungle adventures game pack, I think an underwater world is possible in a game pack! That way they can focus on scuba diving and mermaids together! And if they focus on those things, the power system doesn't have to be as big as the vampires
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Thinking of an underwater world gets me really excited because it would be soooo different. I'm not sure if it's possible but I would definitely buy a pack that features that.

Even if some places had loading screens I still think it would be cool.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    > @CeCeDot said:
    > MaggieMarley wrote: »
    >
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > We only had a few underwater lots in S3. I don't think it would even be possible to create an entire village underwater. I imagine it will be pushing our luck to just get ocean swimming, much less diving.
    >
    > I also don't think an underwater world would play well, it seems too problematic. But, if they gave it to us, I'd buy it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I didn’t like the underwater lots in TS3 either. I was hoping for it to be very different in TS4.
    >
    > In my imagination, underwater lots in TS4 would play very much like an above water lot except that the sims would swim instead of walk, the backdrop would be blue ocean instead of sky, fish would swim past instead of birds, seaweed and coral would grow instead of plants.
    >
    > This is going to sound stupid, but have you seen Spongebob? I am picturing a town laid out underwater in much the same way.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Based on the jungle adventures game pack, I think an underwater world is possible in a game pack! That way they can focus on scuba diving and mermaids together! And if they focus on those things, the power system doesn't have to be as big as the vampires

I agree! I hope there's underwater activities and there's scuba diving and that it could be even better than it was in TS3.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited April 2019
    Swimming on top of the water is problematic, our sims can't even swim underwater. I don't see underwater swimming like we had in S3. It's all surface issues. That's why we didn't have pools in the base game because they were still figuring out how to make them swim on top of the water. There's still no contests of holding your breath. When sims dive, they pop right back up. It's all surface stuff. They can't do depth in S4 and probably never will.

What they could do is give us some really pretty ocean areas with rocks and coral and kelp and all the other beautiful underwater scenery that you see in almost perfectly clear water around islands. Sims and/or merfolk could swim on the surface over those arras for some really nice screen shots, but I don't see diving and underwater swimming happening. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. Too time consuming and too expensive.

40696372143_cfe819e31c_k.jpg