Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Memories/Stories - Do You Create Them?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    edited April 2019
    I just take screenshots and look back on them occasionally
    Yeah, I just take screenshots. I find it more enjoyable to look back at photos this way, knowing I'm the only one understanding all the little quirks of my sims. It's nice to just have them for myself.
    sup.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    None of these really. I take screen shots and caption them with the in game tools (I usually make them memories, mostly to remind me who was present and as a shorthand to keep from having to note that). Occasionally, especially after a long time away, I'll sit down and run through the album to remind myself who they are. It's the details - it has more context than just snapping random screen shots and is more complete than what I can add to the map level family bios, but isn't so time consuming as using out of game tools.

What in game tools are you talking about? I can't seem to find a way to caption screen shots.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I take lots of screenshots and I also maintain an up to date family tree on theplumtreeapp. I realize this might fit into the "other" category, so oops
  • Options
    MrsQuantumPhysicsMrsQuantumPhysics Posts: 6 New Member
    Something else (please give details)
    I will take photos, but I will mainly write the stories of my sims in a real narrative type of way. Am excited to see how it goes, and for now I am unsure where I will put it but I think it will end up at Wattpad, with some pictures for each chapter. But I am really more of the writer type so the stories will be more of words than of photos.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,593 Member
    I have a blog
    I have had a long interruption in my blogging. I have to say I didn't start out to blog, but a few interesting things in my game occurred which made me wish to share. So, since I had pictures the first post was on the lean side, story-wise. After that the game just kept me hopping and I snapped pictures, a lot of them. I ended up posting at least three more threads before they got bumped down to the Creative Corner Thread. That's when I decided to just go ahead and blog about my singer Sim. :)

https://erikcantrellscheckeredlife.blogspot.com/2018/12/chapter-one-cautionary-tale.html

I had a major mishap after the StrangerVille patch. MCCC was okay, so instead of pulling my Mods folder prior to updating, I just updated. Turns out RTF wasn't okay. Not only that, but I didn't have the latest and greatest version of it, either. My Sim went from the top of his celebrity to basically a Has-Been as important aspects of the RTF mod weren't functioning properly. He could no longer hold concerts, for one. His written songs that he received §200 per song in royalties went from 52 to 1. It was a disaster. After downloading the newest version, things still were malfunctioning. It took two helpers over at Discord to figure out just what was going wrong. Turns out my game save (admittedly an old one) was corrupt. Worse than that, turns out my Sim was corrupt. I had to restart a whole new game save, using my backup copy of my Sim. I started him out as a teen and went from there. He was just barely back (and I cheated in some cases to accelerate things). I decided to bypass the 'romance' end of things and cheated up their relationship and then just had them elope.

I was in the process of playing and snapping pictures of things I thought were a good basis for another blog chapter, when I had to pull my Mods folder for the patch we got the other day. MCCC had a hotfix that same afternoon. RTF was going to take some time as the creator is on vacation, set to be back next month. Hey, I don't blame him, everybody needs some time off, you know? Thankfully, the patch EA dropped yesterday restored strings or something — must be technical speak, and RTF is working just fine again. Yay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I take screenshots and write their stories in the form of a novel series. I also create their family trees from The Plum Tree website.
  • Options
    Abby_007Abby_007 Posts: 5 New Member
    I record my favorite parts in-game.
  • Options
    Abby_007Abby_007 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > Hey all, thanks for your replies.
    >
    > I like the idea of pen and paper notebook, the only thing that puts me off that is I like pictures in the same place as my notes. Maybe MS Notebook would be ideal for me.
    >
    > It's just hard for me to decide how detailed to be and which info to include so it doesn't end up taking heaps of time.

I agree! I wish I had more time!!!
  • Options
    PuffinMuffPuffinMuff Posts: 2 New Member
    I take screenshots, but I *wish* the game had TS2's memory system instead. I also wish there was an in-game notepad or journal to keep a sim's personal life story instead of having to write it all down on my desk.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I have a blog
    it is extremely time consuming and stopping me from playing! I always have hundreds of pictures to edit and upload and put them in a story on my blog, all the time, non-stop.
    If I had the money I'd hire someone to do it for me while I just play.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,978 Member
    I don't keep records, I just play
    Lol.... I started out keeping a record of each sims skill level, relationships etc. on a note card. But with such a large rotation I gave up. My sims do have stories and personalities, but I keep that in my head, not on paper. To me, each of my sims have a definite personality, background and often times clothing style. I do play many of the permade sims, but for me, they usually don’t have as much personality or back story as the one I make, with the exception of some like the Landgrabbs and Goths. I thought it was cute how the Landgrabbs has Landgrabb apartments in San Myshuno. So I put them in the Penthouse and pretend they own the apartments with their name on it. The Goths home is now in Forgotten Hollow and Mortimer is a Politician. I take some pictures, but each sims story lives in my head.... lol
  • Options
    sims_premadesims_premade Posts: 789 Member
    I have a blog
    I have a blog, but as I play rotational I have a spreadsheet to keep track of all my sims and households, I then use this at the beginning of each rotation to plan out the story lines, potential couples and babies.
    hqEK2sI.png

• Options
    islalikessims05islalikessims05 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi, as I said I just take screenshots but I would love to be able to post my stories on a blog or something.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I keep a picture and story record, using software such as Word/Notebook/Book Creator etc
    I've written a couple stories using my screenshots to mix in the storyline. I've also done one with the legacy family I was playing since the Sims 4 came out but I lost them when upgrading my CPU so I'll start a new one eventually. Mostly I play the game and take screenshots while playing. Then when I feel like writing I'll go back and fill in my story using the screenshots.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I’m so resentful about it though.

I want the Sims 2 story book thing back. I was so much more immersed when I could have in game snaps with captions to flick through and remember the highlights and events.

It doesn’t seem like a difficult thing at all to implement in Sims 4 and I’m so mad that they never included it.
  • Options
    AJosieAJosie Posts: 5 New Member
    I take screenshots and do Memories..like when I FINALLLY accidentally saw the sea serpent.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I have a blog
    I chose the "I have a blog" option but I update it so rarely and most of my families haven't made it to the blog that "I just take screenshots and look back on them occasionally" or "I keep brief details in-game where you can type the family background info" options would suit me too.
  • Options
    xjosephinexxjosephinex Posts: 39 Member
    I keep brief details in-game where you can type the family background info
    I looove making stories, that's my favorite thing about the game to be honest
    origin id - victimizedharry
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited April 2019
    I take screenshots and keep my favorites to look back on, but other than that I don't keep a lot of records. It seems fitting, since knowledge like that is often lost to time anyways, but mostly I'm just lazy. :D Plus I don't usually play past 3 generations before getting bored and deleting the save, so there isn't a lot to remember before the info is irrelevant.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/951326/your-sims-planner-diary#latest

This is what I do. Need to update it. And I make screenshots as well and look back at them. Wish the sims had memories again so you can check what they have been up to. Also fun with a new spouse! 'Oh so you have been cheating on me the whole time!!!! You sneaky *#^*$^!'