Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thanks for nothing in the patch

Not one of those things listed as "fixed" was a problem in my game, not one.
However I still have:

Broken Player Trait (now with Reputation Loss for those WITNESSING someone romancing their love interest that has the Player Trait, so now Friendship loss and that. Coming up on 4 years since you broke it EA/Maxis, a little long isn't it?

Vampires can't tend garden without having built a Greenhouse around the garden. (Broken since Seasons).

Yes, I'm less than satisfied.

Comments

• Options
    bobbyjo727bobbyjo727 Posts: 118 Member
    I was severely disappointed as well. There are issue in my game I had hoped would be fixed since I read they have been around since the beginning. I’ve only had Sims 4 since December so to know certain issues have been around since the game launched is frustrating. It almost seems like the news and excitement of the freelance career overshadowed many bugs that should have taken priority.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited April 2019
    Just because your issues weren't fixed, doesn't mean other simmers' issues weren't fixed in this patch. I have waited many months, some years, for a lot of the bug fixes mentioned in the patch; your issues might one day get fixed too.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I am actually enjoying the patch so far, but I haven't tried to test it with my mods yet. So far, I have learned that Vampires make great freelancers!
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    bobbyjo727bobbyjo727 Posts: 118 Member
    That is my hope since some of my issues seem to be common. I should have added that I was grateful for what was fixed like traveling to wrong lots, family leave, and late night calls. I guess I expected a little more. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I was hoping they'd adjust the Tech Guru aspiration to allow freelancers career as well.
    And family leave bug was annoying.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited April 2019
    Well, too bad for you, I guess. Some of the things they addressed did happen to me in my game, such as Vampires being unable to get more points after they hit the highest rank.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Just because your issues weren't fixed, doesn't mean other simmers' issues weren't fixed in this patch. I have waited many months, some years, for a lot of the bug fixes mentioned in the patch; your issues might one day get fixed too.

I wonder if EA would return that level of devotion?
  • Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    I have issues with my sims randomly teleporting from one place to another. Such as, when I tell them to go to bed they will teleport somewhere else and it cancels the action or they will appear underneath the stairs in between walls. Also, with Get Famous, my sim is constantly reacting in disgust, no matter their traits. This stops them from doing the action I tell them to. Maybe I am the one of few that experience this? Anyone else have this issue? Was hoping the glitch with teleporting would be fixed, but perhaps it was not a big issue for everyone so that is why it did not get fixed. I am enjoying the new freelance career though! :smiley:
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It listed a few bugs that I’ve experienced. So that’s cool. I would have thought more prominent bugs would be addressed before they abandon the 32bit version of the game. Still a little bit of time before that, so maybe, but I’m not holding my breath. No telling if we will get another patch before then.
  • Options
    Caimar11Caimar11 Posts: 21 Member
    My sim used to have fun gardening and painting and now she doesn't. Anyone know if this was intentional or a bug?
  • Options
    Caimar11 wrote: »
    My sim used to have fun gardening and painting and now she doesn't. Anyone know if this was intentional or a bug?

I notice my one Sim does not have fun painting, but it could be based upon individual sims. I have not tested further with others.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited April 2019
    I have issues with my sims randomly teleporting from one place to another. Such as, when I tell them to go to bed they will teleport somewhere else and it cancels the action or they will appear underneath the stairs in between walls. Also, with Get Famous, my sim is constantly reacting in disgust, no matter their traits. This stops them from doing the action I tell them to. Maybe I am the one of few that experience this? Anyone else have this issue? Was hoping the glitch with teleporting would be fixed, but perhaps it was not a big issue for everyone so that is why it did not get fixed. I am enjoying the new freelance career though! :smiley:

Edit; Misread, I thought it was the common teleport bug but this one you have I have never heard of before.

The regular teleport bug does not make them stuck or stop the action, it's just that they teleport around while doing it (example: Going to wash dishes - Walks to sink WITHOUT dishes, teleports back to table, grab dishes - teleports back to sink, finishes animation)
    That bug has been around for over a year, AFAIK. They simply does not seem to be able to fix it. I reported it back then and still the only responses I get are "me too"s from the bug report page.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    The invite fix needs fixing. Day after the patch my sim got an invite from another. They wound up at a different place than specified in the invite and the inviter disappeared almost immediately. Having better things to do, sim & I went home.
  • Options

Edit; Misread, I thought it was the common teleport bug but this one you have I have never heard of before.

The regular teleport bug does not make them stuck or stop the action, it's just that they teleport around while doing it (example: Going to wash dishes - Walks to sink WITHOUT dishes, teleports back to table, grab dishes - teleports back to sink, finishes animation)
    That bug has been around for over a year, AFAIK. They simply does not seem to be able to fix it. I reported it back then and still the only responses I get are "me too"s from the bug report page.

This happens to me as well. Sometimes it teleports them while they are doing an action, but they keep doing it. Other times it throws them under the stairs, where they can't get out of, and cancels out the action. I notice it with NPC's as well. The other day, I was out in the city and noticed an NPC talking to someone and teleporting. lol frustrating.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Caimar11 wrote: »

My Vampires are all daywalkers and I haven't had that experience while they garden outside yet. However, they are usually too busy during the day and I have them care for their gardens at night or I have an enclosed porch/balcony for all the things they grow. They also paint inside. I don't think I have outside easels since Seasons for my vampires.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yes, I still see few of the bugs mentioned to be fixed but actually it isn;t. and also did Kids Channel bug have been fixed in the past or this bug just resurfaced? I didnt have that annoying bug anymore pre-patch, now whenever parents watching tv they always opt to turn on Kids channel and everyone including teen just dropped what they were doing and rushed to tv. this used to happen few updates before, and It seems to be fixed in 1.50 updates, now it just happening again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    The thing that has been bugging me the most for a while now is the disappearing trim on the curved part of fences and decks. I see that this bug still hasn't been fixed.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Yes, I still see few of the bugs mentioned to be fixed but actually it isn;t. and also did Kids Channel bug have been fixed in the past or this bug just resurfaced? I didnt have that annoying bug anymore pre-patch, now whenever parents watching tv they always opt to turn on Kids channel and everyone including teen just dropped what they were doing and rushed to tv. this used to happen few updates before, and It seems to be fixed in 1.50 updates, now it just happening again.

I have this again too, it’s really annoying. I also still have Sims wearing every accessory possible when in a spa towel, and the teleporting, and the invites going to the wrong venue. I use MCCC to deal with all the outfit issues. Also I now decline invites, but immediately call the same Sim back and invite them to the venue myself.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I was kind of underwhelmed by the bug fixes. They said it was one of the biggest in recent times, but it seems about the same.

Plus the sack lunch glitch is still there last I checked. It seems like at least one feature of Parenthood is destined to be broken at any given time (before it was the disappearing table settings, and now this)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 967 Member
    I like the fix which made sims go to the right restaurant when invited to a restaurant.

On the other hand, some sims just vanished and are no longer playable, and others go to residental lots when invited to e.g. Open scene.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited April 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I was kind of underwhelmed by the bug fixes. They said it was one of the biggest in recent times, but it seems about the same.

Yep. Unless they fixed a ton of other bugs and didn't mention on the patch notes, this didn't really feel like "the biggest bug fix patch in a long time" like they were constantly saying. Not to mention that a LOT of these bugs that were supposedly fixed require you to start a new game in order for them to take effect, which is complete BS. Players shouldn't have to take that huge compromise in order to get their games fixed. I still have teleporting sims, I still have sims complaining about routing problems, I still can't praise or discourage pets for doing certain things... The list goes on. I have a save file with my legacy families and the worlds completely revamped (which took weeks) and you're telling me that I need to start a new save?! This is why I always give up on TS4 and go a loooong time without playing it. All the bugs make this game a chore to play.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Yep. Unless they fixed a ton of other bugs and didn't mention on the patch notes, this didn't really feel like "the biggest bug fix patch in a long time" like they were constantly saying. Not to mention that a LOT of these bugs that were supposedly fixed require you to start a new game in order for them to take effect, which is complete plum. Players shouldn't have to take that huge compromise in order to get their games fixed. I still have teleporting sims, I still have sims complaining about routing problems, I still can't praise or discourage pets for doing certain things... The list goes on. I have a save file with my legacy families and the worlds completely revamped (which took weeks) and you're telling me that I need to start a new save?! This is why I always give up on TS4 and go a loooong time without playing it. All the bugs make this game a chore to play.

Sometimes they just can't fix things once a save/world/neighborhood is loaded after an EP/GP is installed.

Sims 2 had the same problem with some of it's glitches. The Ottomas pregnancy had been coded wrong for who the father was in a bin family that shipped with the mother pregnant in The Sims 2 Seasons EP. In Pleasantview the "father" would be Brandi Broke. In some neighborhoods it was literally a neighborhood stray cat. They fixed it, however due to how the game works any neighborhood that had been loaded since Seasons was installed couldn't be fixed without the use of mods. Because they could never know what number Sim the father ended up being in that neighborhood.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

I wonder if EA would return that level of devotion?

I'm wondering the same thing... But I think we all know the answer to your question
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Yep. Unless they fixed a ton of other bugs and didn't mention on the patch notes, this didn't really feel like "the biggest bug fix patch in a long time" like they were constantly saying. Not to mention that a LOT of these bugs that were supposedly fixed require you to start a new game in order for them to take effect, which is complete plum. Players shouldn't have to take that huge compromise in order to get their games fixed. I still have teleporting sims, I still have sims complaining about routing problems, I still can't praise or discourage pets for doing certain things... The list goes on. I have a save file with my legacy families and the worlds completely revamped (which took weeks) and you're telling me that I need to start a new save?! This is why I always give up on TS4 and go a loooong time without playing it. All the bugs make this game a chore to play.

Sometimes they just can't fix things once a save/world/neighborhood is loaded after an EP/GP is installed.

Sims 2 had the same problem with some of it's glitches. The Ottomas pregnancy had been coded wrong for who the father was in a bin family that shipped with the mother pregnant in The Sims 2 Seasons EP. In Pleasantview the "father" would be Brandi Broke. In some neighborhoods it was literally a neighborhood stray cat. They fixed it, however due to how the game works any neighborhood that had been loaded since Seasons was installed couldn't be fixed without the use of mods. Because they could never know what number Sim the father ended up being in that neighborhood.

I don't recall TS2 having the amount of bugs and glitches TS4 has though. The one you mentioned is such a trivial little thing that I doubt many people noticed back then (I certainly didn't). Meanwhile TS4 has some serious game breaking bugs that, put together, are enough to make someone give up playing or even rage quit. That's the problem, it's a LOT of bugs. Visual bugs like the teleporting sims are bearable (but still annoying), but the ones where you can't train your adopted pets or actions getting constantly cancelled because of routing problems or whatever reason ARE game breaking.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2019
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I don't recall TS2 having the amount of bugs and glitches TS4 has though. The one you mentioned is such a trivial little thing that I doubt many people noticed back then (I certainly didn't). Meanwhile TS4 has some serious game breaking bugs that, put together, are enough to make someone give up playing or even rage quit. That's the problem, it's a LOT of bugs. Visual bugs like the teleporting sims are bearable (but still annoying), but the ones where you can't train your adopted pets or actions getting constantly cancelled because of routing problems or whatever reason ARE game breaking.

The Sims 2 had a number of game breaking bugs that weren't fixed. And some of the "annoying but not game breaking" bugs are present in games like Life Stories and Pet Stories. Things like Restaurants being broken (they only worked on Dates), Sims teleporting (known as the jump bug), objects getting stuck and becoming unusable until you re-buy them, NPC's incorrectly dying due to things like Fire, Electrocution etc. which then caused a bug that meant you could never access that save again, the game would crash as soon as the Grim Reaper appeared and trying to reload the household caused it to crash as soon as the loading screen finished.

And of course, the game has lighting and shadow issues (this also is a bug that occurs on Windows Vista upwards, but EA never fixed it).

When Aspyr re-released the Sims 2 with "tons of bug fixes" for Mac it literally saved my love for The Sims 2. Because the complete Windows version is super buggy. The games usually start fine, but eventually you're hit with lag that doesn't go away, and the memories in Sims 2 eventually clog up your game and make your saves unplayable due to an issue with how TS2 saves them. And it's so easy for the game to corrupt itself even with no involvement from the player. My game became corrupted when the Grim Reaper wouldn't leave my lot and so I couldn't enter Build/Buy or save etc. But when I would load up my game, and a Sim was just about to die so there was nothing I could do. And this happened more than once.

The Mac version however, is almost bug free. Of course it wasn't EA who fixed the bugs.

The same year Aspyr put the Sims 2 Complete Collection up with a ton of bug fixes, EA announced it was taking down the Sims 2 because of the fact the game was too broken to be sold without some serious bug fixing for Windows Vista onwards.

EA still sell SimCity 4 despite it being older, but they won't sell TS1/TS2 because it would require updating the games to work "out of box".

Literally so lazy.