Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 March Madness is Here!

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I just voted for the Eastern side and my vote was for:

Pirates
    Survivors
    Reapers
    Robots
    Knights
    Dragon Riders
    Heroes
    Equestrians

Considering I really want most of these, this round is going to hurt, haha. I saw that Most of my choices for the West side made it through, but for that side, the one that I really want the most to win is Witches. But I also want Cupids and Students.

Argh. Heroes, Dragon Riders, Witches, Reapers, Robots, Survivors....I want all of these!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm glad to see that a majority of my picks won the first round. :)

For the second vote I went with...
    Farmers because it could possibly be useful for family play, while pirates just sounds like another young adults only pack.
    Merpeople because survivors sounds like apocalypse which we just got with Strangerville.
    Hackers because idk what reapers would even be.
    Elders because they are in desperate need of unique gameplay.
    Detectives because I just don't care about knights.
    Motor Heads because that to me implies cars which is way more important to me than dragons.
    Heroes because that sounds more likely to give stuff to the other age groups outside of young adults and adults than space rangers.
    Screamers because I really want amusement parks to give families more to do.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2019
    mika wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain this WILL play some part in deciding the next pack, and they only said it won't so people don't get angry over each other's "theams". The theams they listed that we seem to already have could mean they would update/add new content to the existing packs.

I wouldn't say Next Pack but future pack maybe. Next Pack is being worked on now and the theme has already been chosen.

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I went with
    Pirates
    Survivors
    Reapers
    elders
    Knights
    Dragon Riders
    Heroes
    screamers
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2019
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    It just makes me sad to see all the things people want in one place and knowing it'll probably take years to have them all released in separate packs and small portions (if we even get them all). People have been screaming for witches, colleges, better elders, islands, superheroes, farmers and all these things for years, and besides Seasons and Pets it doesn't really feel like progress has been made... I just hope we'll get some nice surprises this year.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Ack - all the wrong things together. Neither islanders nor rosebuds appealed to me, but how to choose between hobbyists and students? The second round was easier for me.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited March 2019
    I am confused. How could weather lose to time travel? Are there really more people whose favourite feature is/was time travelling compared to weather? :)

For me weather in Sims is essential. Sims 2 Seasons was and probably always will be my favourite pack. I remember the first thunderstorm in my game. It was amazing and added so much realism to the game without changing the gameplay too much.
    Somehow I feel that seasons did not get the appreciation it should have gotten in this vote. <3
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Freechheit wrote: »
    I am confused. How could weather lose to time travel? Are there really more people whose favourite feature is/was time travelling compared to weather? :)

For me weather in Sims is essential. Sims 2 Seasons was and probably always will be my favourite pack. I remember the first thunderstorm in my game. It was amazing and added so much realism to the game without changing the gameplay too much.
    Somehow I feel that seasons did not get the appreciation it should have gotten in this vote. <3

There is a Seasons expansion pack for The Sims 4! :)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Um Seasons for the Sims 4 BEEN came out
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Thank you @SunStone02 and @AquaGamer1212 , I do know that. :)

I thought this vote is explicitly not about future content, but for the best sims theme/feature in the game - past, present and future.
  • Options

I thought this vote is explicitly not about future content, but for the best sims theme/feature in the game - past, present and future.

And the “best” is going to be subjective to each person. And it’s just whichever has the highest vote in the end.

• Options

And the “best” is going to be subjective to each person. And it’s just whichever has the highest vote in the end.

Yes, I agree.
    Why did you vote for time travelling and not for seasons? :) And (sorry to ask, but I am still slightly confused) why did you reply to my post that seasons already has come out for Sims 4?

I liked time travelling in Sims 3, however I did not use it very often. I liked the world and the robots. Especially the robots.
    My time travelling Sim was a nerdy scientist. I created a descendant of him in Sims 4, but he is a creative sim and loves music. If we ever get time travelling in Sims 4, one of his descendants will for sure explore the future or the past. I would love if we could also travel to the past.

Seasons though are more important to me than time travelling in The Sims. Weather makes the game more realistic and I love the rain and the thunderstorms. :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I have a feeling that a lot of people are actually voting for things they want in the future, not what their overall preference is. I'm sure there is a lot of hope going around that the winners will get what they want sooner.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

I have a feeling that a lot of people are actually voting for things they want in the future, not what their overall preference is. I'm sure there is a lot of hope going around that the winners will get what they want sooner.

Thank you @LiELF , that was my impression, too. :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019

Yes, I agree.
    Why did you vote for time travelling and not for seasons? :) And (sorry to ask, but I am still slightly confused) why did you reply to my post that seasons already has come out for Sims 4?

I liked time travelling in Sims 3, however I did not use it very often. I liked the world and the robots. Especially the robots.
    My time travelling Sim was a nerdy scientist. I created a descendant of him in Sims 4, but he is a creative sim and loves music. If we ever get time travelling in Sims 4, one of his descendants will for sure explore the future or the past. I would love if we could also travel to the past.

Seasons though are more important to me than time travelling in The Sims. Weather makes the game more realistic and I love the rain and the thunderstorms. :)

Yes, I agree.

But that is you - not everyone. Like where I live in real life - in Maine - people are really sick of the cold and snow - it has been too cold, very dangerous to go anywhere, and snowy since October and I don't know anyone who isn't sick to death of it. I go outside only when I have to. The air is cold and hard to breath, and filled with wood smoke - not healthy for anybody - never mind someone like me that has to use oxygen just to go out the door. Because I live here - it kinda reflects in my game that if I could turn off winter weather without turning off the other three Seasons like I can in Sims 3 - I would. Well Sims 3 had just 3 days of winter just for Christmas period - with the other three Seasons having 28 days. I would love to do that in Sims 4 but I can't - the game is all or nothing. But I am resentful about snow and cold - like I would never vote for snow depth in game because in reality when I go outside and cannot even see my neighbors house because of nasty looking 10 -12 foot icy, hard, snow banks surrounding our drive way. It's not pretty or inviting - believe me - after 6 months of this garbage and makes me a prisoner in my own house.

So getting away - in something like Time Travel is a dream come true and yeah it has my vote. In Sims 3 all my Sims went to the Future world - not nerdy scientists and I loved it. Loved the hovercrafts. The shopping - the building robots - the unusual clothes, the fun of meeting my Sims future family. The flying train was a sight to behold. The music instruments were brilliant. The jet packs. Just every thing about it. It was great and I would love to see it come back. Best of all the weather was always perfect there. It was utopic and amazing to me. Wish it existed in real life - truth be told.

Sometimes realism isn't what we need when realism is flawed and dangerous and definitely doesn't make you happy. Realism is a laugh - the game does not offer my realism - the 7plus months of misery of snow, too cold, wood stovesmoke - gasping for air is not fun. I could do without that reminder but fool that I am I wanted the other stuff in my game (Calendar) and hoped I could control the weather like in Sims 3. I actually know better as thus far this game does not accept toggles and I know it - oh well. But in the sake of realism - their Seasons still is not realism - far from it... Time Travel is just as realistic as the kind of winters we actually get and you nor any human cannot control it....
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yes, I agree.

Yes, I agree.

But that is you - not everyone. Like where I live in real life - in Maine - people are really sick of the cold and snow - it has been too cold, very dangerous to go anywhere, and snowy since October and I don't know anyone who isn't sick to death of it. I go outside only when I have to. The air is cold and hard to breath, and filled with wood smoke - not healthy for anybody - never mind someone like me that has to use oxygen just to go out the door. Because I live here - it kinda reflects in my game that if I could turn off winter weather without turning off the other three Seasons like I can in Sims 3 - I would. Well Sims 3 had just 3 days of winter just for Christmas period - with the other three Seasons having 28 days. I would love to do that in Sims 4 but I can't - the game is all or nothing. But I am resentful about snow and cold - like I would never vote for snow depth in game because in reality when I go outside and cannot even see my neighbors house because of nasty looking 10 -12 foot icy, hard, snow banks surrounding our drive way. It's not pretty or inviting - believe me - after 6 months of this garbage and makes me a prisoner in my own house.

So getting away - in something like Time Travel is a dream come true and yeah it has my vote. In Sims 3 all my Sims went to the Future world - not nerdy scientists and I loved it. Loved the hovercrafts. The shopping - the building robots - the unusual clothes, the fun of meeting my Sims future family. The flying train was a sight to behold. The jet packs. Just every thing about it. It was great and I would love to see it come back. Best of all the weather was always perfect there. It was utopic and amazing to me. Wish it existed in real life - truth be told.

Sometimes realism isn't what we need when realism is flawed and dangerous and definitely doesn't make you happy. Realism is a laugh - the game does not offer my realism - the 7 months of misery of snow, cold, wood stoves - gasping for air is not fun. I could do without that reminder but fool that I am I wanted the other stuff in my game and hoped I could control the weather like in Sims 3. I actually know better as thus far this game does not accept toggles and I know it - oh well. But in the sake of realism - their Seasons still is not realism - far from it... Time Travel is just as realistic as the kind of winters we actually get and you nor any human can control it....

Thank you for explaining @Writin_Reg :)

I know that I am just me and not everyone - and that's what polls are for, to get a glimpse at what the favourite feature is for everyone. :) I am sorry if my question offended you.

Still, I believe that seasons would have gotten a higher vote if it would not exist in Sims 4, considering the posts about this before...

I'm sorry that you hate seasons in real life so much. In the black forest in Germany, the winter is also quite long, but not as rough as yours.

Happy Simming!
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Second poll I voted:
    Farmers
    Survivors
    Reapers
    Elders
    Knights(this was a hard one)
    Dragon Riders
    Space Rangers
    Screamers
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited March 2019
    FARMERS! I choose farmers becaue I want to raise farm animals and nectar making!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I voted for:

Farmers
    Merpeople
    Hackers
    Elders
    Knights
    Motor Heads
    Heroes
    Screamers

• Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I voted for:
    Pirates because we'd get ships !! And oceans!!
    Merpeople because they're my second favorite after witches
    Reapers because Death is fascinating
    Elders because they deserve some attention
    Detectives because I was never into the medieval
    Motor Heads because I want cars back before dragons
    Heroes because they'd be more fun
    Screamers because I want to make a Sim Disney World
  • Options
    MehsMehs Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi why cant i post
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited March 2019
    Heh, neat. Going to vote for survivors (sadly going to get destroyed by merpeople, I guess), hobbyists, dragon riders and reapers.

Here's my prediction of the whole thing. Not what I want to win, but rather what I think will.

osQpi2l.jpg

I made a chart and it looked exactly like this one. I guess I didn't need to bother. Also this is what I think will win, not what I would like to win.
    Post edited by RememberJoy on
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2019
    What?! How could Knights and Dragon Riders be pitted against each other? NOT fair! They belong together...

*Also, did anyone else find it amusing that Reapers and Elders are competing against each other? :D>:)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    This is fun :) My prediction is Students vs Farmers, and that Students will win.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg