Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 March Madness is Here!

Yesterday the 2019 Sims Theam Madness got posted! This is my first March Madness, and I would like to hear your thoughts. Let's make this the Sims 2019 Theam Madness discussion thread! :D

@GrimSuruDoi Will you please sticky your thread, so everyone can find it? :) Thank you!
~SunStone~ <3
A Sims 4 player and fan!

Comments

• Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    I'll post my result here in a while... ;););)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I voted cupid but I also want an island pack.
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    bootsguy's idea is fun, so I'm going to copy it. Personal rankings and thoughts below.
    GaWvfJD.png
    • Can I just say that I love the rhyming descriptions for each theam?
    • I severely doubt that most of my choices would be accurate, since I know my tastes are often unpopular. just wanted to vote with my heart.
    • It was hard choosing between Superstars and Legacies. I ultimately went with Superstars, since fame needs to be fleshed out, and family stuff seems like something we'd get regardless.
    • As much as I'd love better retail, I went with Islanders over Rosebuds because it'd be fun to go on a nice beach vacation. Plus, there's a chance for mermaids.
    • Witches witches witches witches witches witches witches witches witches witches witches
    • Students vs Hobbyists, a tough choice. I know University is something fans have been wanting, and I want it for those people. Ultimately though, I don't care for university; it's too long and dull for me.
    • Suits vs Cupids was an easy choice. One new career (that I'd only use for some sims) vs improvements to the romance system (that nearly all my sims use?)
    • I love love love pirates, but Sims can't pull the theme off well enough without in-depth ocean travel and a real combat system.
    • Merpeople vs Survivors, that was a real hard one. I like mermaids, but an apocalyptic scenario has so much story potential I could utilize. But an underwater world sounds too cool to pass up - assuming we can live there, and it's not just some dumb mermaid-exclusive community lot. I would hate that so much.
    • Theam Reaper over Hackers, easily. I hope this theoretical pack would let us become reapers, or marry Grim and have little reaplets with him.
    • I don't care about robots that much, but I like them more than old people.
    • Knights >>>>> another narrative. It's not even a contest for me. But I'm very sure I'm in the minority with this one.
    • Hnnnnngh, I'd love to live in space. Sorry, Space Rangers, it's just that Heroes covers one of my favorite concepts.
    • Dragon Riders vs Knights. I went with Dragon Riders solely because I want a pet dragon, like in Makin' Magic.
    • Sorry, farming. I love you, but underwater kingdoms come first.
    • I went with Merms over Reaps because the Reaper idea isn't clearly defined. I have interesting ideas for it, but yeah.
    • I fully expect University to win, in all honesty. If Witches and University were on opposite sides, that would have been my guess for final two.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I voted for
    Timetravelers since we already have Seasons.
    Legacies since babies and toddlers are in desperate need for new gameplay and we already have Get Famous.
    Islanders since I want Island Vacations
    Supers because I want more for apartments and the other option seemed to just be Jungle Adventure.
    Furballs because I want more pets.
    Witches because I care about disco even less than witches and witches is gonna win anyway.
    Hobbyists because the students option was just for college; if it was school for all ages I would have went with students.
    Suits because we need more careers.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2019
    I the first survey I voted for:
    -Time Travelers but I wish it was to both the past and future.
    -Legacies because I'm a legacy player and want more to make each individual life stage unique.
    -Rosebuds because I don't care too much about vacation worlds.
    -Supers for the same reason as I chose Rosebuds.
    -Chefs because cooking is one of my favorite skills in the sims and I'm not too fond of sims pets.
    -Witches because we don't need anymore dance club type things but I would have put wereanimals here instead.
    -Students because I'm still waiting for an education type pack.
    -Cupids didn't know which one to choose and now wish I had voted Suits.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited March 2019
    Heh, neat. Going to vote for survivors (sadly going to get destroyed by merpeople, I guess), hobbyists, dragon riders and reapers.

Here's my prediction of the whole thing. Not what I want to win, but rather what I think will.

osQpi2l.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The Space one sounds very interesting. I'd love a space pack were sims could travel to other planets before TS4 is done.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I voted:

Time Travelers
    Superstars
    Islanders
    Temple Guardians
    Fur Balls
    Witches
    Students
    Cupids

This is quite an interesting project/game. It's a good, informal way to get an idea of what people are most interested in.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    what is march madness?
  • Options
    March306March306 Posts: 1,012 Member

@Karon this link might help. One of the Sim Guru's started this.

I was
    Time Travelers
    Legacies
    Islanders
    Temple Guardians
    Furballs
    Witches
    Students
    Suits (This was the hardest one for me)

I don't know how I'll vote next bracket it may change with my mood.
    5DG72Tj.gif
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited March 2019
    Is it something meaningful or just something fun but pointless? I mean will any future gameplay or content be influenced by this poll?

Anyways, I could only vote for the left side of the bracket Bootsguy and SimDestroyer shared an image of.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    edited March 2019
    This makes no sense. I think it’s just a distraction.

Raindrops: we already have seasons and rain.

Time Travelers: we don’t have it yet but I don’t see many requests for it. (But I would buy it and have fun with it)

Superstars: yes it’s severely lacking, no bands, no pop singers, no magicians, etc... but we already have Get Famous.

Islanders: Yes, clearly we all want a tropical beach get away with the ocean.

Rosebuds: we already have flowers to garden, flower arranging, and you can already make a store that sells flowers...

Super (hammers). I guess that means super builders? Yes. We all want elevators, circular stairs, and to build our own apartments. beside that every single pack adds more to build mode anyways...

Temple Guardians: we already have those.

Fur-balls: we already have those.

Chefs: we can already cook and make our own restaurant. Sure it could be better, but we already have it.

Witches: Yes, we want witches. Didn’t Witches already win a poll in the past?

Disco Divas: we already have dancing, clubs, and the dance machine trait...

Students: we want students AND hobbyists.

Hobbyists: WE WANT STUDENTS AND HOBBYISTS.

Suits: is this more business careers or more formalwear? Who cares either way. I mean sure we’ll take the content, but nobody is begging for this.

Cupids: An expanded romance and likes/dislikes system? YES WE ALL WANT THIS

That’s all I had the option to vote for. Out of the opposite side there is many things people have expressed that they want and things not many people asked for....

Shouldn’t it be clear by now what we want?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited March 2019
    SunStone02 wrote: »
    Yesterday the 2019 Sims Theam Madness got posted! This is my first March Madness, and I would like to hear your thoughts. Let's make this the Sims 2019 Theam Madness discussion thread! :D

@GrimSuruDoi Will you please sticky your thread, so everyone can find it? :) Thank you!

Can you tell us where it was posted? I'd like to have a look.

Never mind, I just found it. I just hope this doesn't mean we only get the winner.

After last year's poll about supernaturals I had a really bad feeling it was a poll to decide which features would be canceled permanently. And we still have no single shred of evidence we are going to get even one additional supernatural.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2019
    This is meant to be for fun, rather than to determine what to make next (otherwise there would be no need for "theams" of existing content).

Doi likes doing random things like this.
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    This is meant to be for fun, rather than to determine what to make next (otherwise there would be no need for "theams" of existing content).

Doi likes doing random things like this.

I thought we were going to get a pack based on the winning theam,.. :(
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    @GrimSuruDoi Is it possible to see our results again as I am just told that I have done the survey?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    what is march madness?

@Karon: in the real world in america march madness is a month-long college basketball tournement at the end of which a champion is chosen.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I couldnt get passed half of the teams for voting my fav and then it said the survey is over and I already did the survey if I click again on the link to continue..
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm pretty certain this WILL play some part in deciding the next pack, and they only said it won't so people don't get angry over each other's "theams". The theams they listed that we seem to already have could mean they would update/add new content to the existing packs.
  • Options
    GrimSuruDoiGrimSuruDoi Posts: 33 SimGuru
    Hey all!
    Here's the post I made about all this, lots of good details in there so be sure to read it:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957258/2019-sims-theam-madness

I do want to reiterate that this isn't meant to decide what comes next! It's meant to celebrate the Sims (every version) and both the things we've tried before and the things we haven't but may be a good fit for the franchise.

So the answer to "will this affect anything?" is no...and yes. Officially, no, you certainly won't see us rushing to make whatever wins and ignore whatever loses forever - there are so many factors that go into how we decide what packs to make. But personally, yes, I am interested to see what happens, at this singular moment in 2019, when we ask our players to cheer and vote for their favorite Sims content. The voting will give me, as a designer, things to think about. It may confirm some hunches or offer some surprises, and that's what excites me the most!

Also, as my co-workers can attest, I just really like tournaments and voting and using sports structures for non-sports things.

And to answer a common question I'm seeing: the current vote is only for the Western half of the first round! The Eastern half vote will be posted later today and be open for the next two days.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Oh man, the Western half was easy. The Eastern half is going to be harder for me. :s
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Hey all!
    Here's the post I made about all this, lots of good details in there so be sure to read it:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957258/2019-sims-theam-madness

I do want to reiterate that this isn't meant to decide what comes next! It's meant to celebrate the Sims (every version) and both the things we've tried before and the things we haven't but may be a good fit for the franchise.

So the answer to "will this affect anything?" is no...and yes. Officially, no, you certainly won't see us rushing to make whatever wins and ignore whatever loses forever - there are so many factors that go into how we decide what packs to make. But personally, yes, I am interested to see what happens, at this singular moment in 2019, when we ask our players to cheer and vote for their favorite Sims content. The voting will give me, as a designer, things to think about. It may confirm some hunches or offer some surprises, and that's what excites me the most!

Also, as my co-workers can attest, I just really like tournaments and voting and using sports structures for non-sports things.

And to answer a common question I'm seeing: the current vote is only for the Western half of the first round! The Eastern half vote will be posted later today and be open for the next two days.

Thank you GrimSuruDoi! :)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Thank you for clarifying, GrimSuruDoi.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    I do want to reiterate that this isn't meant to decide what comes next!
    That's good, because some of those choice were heartbreaking. Wouldn't wish to have to make them if it were a real voting gauntlet. Giving up pirates for farmers? Rollercoasters for horses? You fiends >:)

Nevertheless I filled mine out as a wishlist:
    tumblr_pootbpsmik1t1fm14o1_540.jpg