Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    That's some creative genius rt :cookie:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Ellie deals with a surprise guest or two...

cq9xDGu.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    If Ellie is on the side of getting Caspian and her father together, then I am on Ellie's side 5ever. :sunglasses:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Woa, Ellie, you had a big day of sorting these flailing mens out.

You need a cookie? :cookie:

That's hungry work >.<
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @InfraGreen You already were tho I thought ;)

@WagonFruit Prince Kai probably gives her seaweed-flavored cookies. ...Maybe she likes them?
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Prince Kai probably gives her seaweed-flavored cookies. ...Maybe she likes them?

And soon, I hope, he will give her his seaweed-flavoured biscuit kekekekeke :blush:

FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Prince Kai probably gives her seaweed-flavored cookies. ...Maybe she likes them?

And soon, I hope, he will give her his seaweed-flavoured biscuit kekekekeke :blush:

I think it’s time!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So nice to see both Caspian and Anders! :) I feel that Ellie is being a bit too harsh on her Dad. He is her Dad and she should respect him enough to at least have some sort of conversation with him. :/ And Ellie is looking for her long lost friend Lani I fear it might be too late for this also. Seems that Ellie is so preoccupied with herself that she only has time for herself and Kai. :'(
    This chapter makes me feel sorry for Ellie. I know she thinks she's happy but I think it's at the expense of others. :(
  • Options
    @WagonFruit @pammiechick >:)

@haswh It's been a while since I've had Caspian and Anders in the same chapter! <3 And Ellie may be preoccupied with other things right now, but her friendship with Lani is strong. Then again, Lani could really use her support right now--if she'd actually tell her instead of keeping everything to herself. :'( Lani needs to learn how to be more selfish instead of putting everyone else's feelings first.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Belle makes a big decision...

c0Qmuvk.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Now how will Thad get laid again? :pensive:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    @LadyLobster I just finished reading "From Fangs to Fae Dreams" this weekend. Took me a little bit to decide what I wanted to say. It's beautiful. You were right, it does go into more serious territory than the first story, but you still managed to have frequent moments that made me snort with laughter. You do that balance so well.

I loved how all the different characters grieve in different ways. One of the hallmarks of good writing, in my opinion, is that when something happens, the different characters all react differently. It's surprising how many writers, especially it seems in science-fiction and fantasy, don't quite manage to do that. You did it extremely well, and in ways that seemed true to the personalities of the people involved.

And your screen shots. Wow. I love taking screen shots myself, and I know how much work can go into getting them to look just right. Yours are beautiful. So much great detail and expressiveness. The effort you put in really shows.

From the comments after the chapters, it seemed readers were a little frustrated with Benny's childishly angry way of handling things. Lol. But, I could totally identify. When my grandfather (who lived next door and was a huge part of my childhood) died, my grief pretty much went straight to anger and stayed there for a long time. I remember when we were getting ready for his memorial service, the blouse I wanted to wear hadn't finished drying. So I yanked it out of the drier, wadded it into a damp ball, and flung it across the room. Made my sister burst into tears. And then I yelled at her. Heartily ashamed of myself afterwards, but that was just the way everything I was feeling kept coming out at that time. So... yeah. I think you wrote him well.

Glad to see him get together with Finn. I like that guy. Though I also liked Void-Critter-Nerd (forgot his name all of the sudden, lol. :smile: ) a lot too. It's rare that I root for both options in a love-triangle, but I actually did this time. You did that well too.

The ending definitely leaves me excited about the third one. Will be starting that one soon.

Thanks for sharing your stories. You're a great writer.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @InfraGreen RIP

@GlacierSnow Ahhhh! I'm so excited you finished it!! And I'm glad I was still able to maintain that balance for you. <3<3

You're going to make me die from all the compliments!! I look back at FftM's screenshots and am so embarrassed now, but I think I really tried to get better in From Fangs to Fae Dreams. I learned a lot, LOL.

And thank you for your comments about Benny! I don't expect my characters to be loved all the time--or by everyone--but I wanted to stay true to him. Like you said, grief can be expressed in so many ways, and our emotions can erupt at the worst possible times and for the most irrational of reasons. I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

LOL, Void-Critter-Nerd is Hamlet, and (very mild spoilers) you'll see him next gen!

Can't wait for you to start gen 3. <3 And thank you again for your lovely comments, I've enjoyed reading them so much.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow I support anyone who supports our disaster gay son Benny. I think a lot of us have had our Benny-like moments but don't want to admit to them. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Val is working very hard to convince Belle that he doesn't like her, but she's going to keep after him until she gets him.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Belle is very persistent and will get her way. Val will have to give in at some point! They really are perfect for each other.
    What is the age difference of the two of them?
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Val...just give in already. You know she won’t quit until she gets what she wants. And it’ll be worth it! :smirk:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Val...just jump in! Do this! You will like it! Humor her!
  • Options
    It's cold but cosy on the inside Val... O.O
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong She sure is. :mrgreen:

@haswh He's given in to her so much already...what's one more little thing? ;) As for the age difference, hmm, I'll have to think about that--I tend not to list exact ages for characters so I won't have to keep track of 8 million characters' ages when I do a time skip. LOL. He's at least a couple decades older than her, but I guess that's not much in a vampire story.

@pammiechick She'll wear him down eventually, don't worry. ;)

@AudreyFld He will not like green eggs and ham Belle, okay!! Stop trying to make him eat it!

@WagonFruit Just the way he likes it. ;)

uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @InfraGreen RIP

@GlacierSnow Ahhhh! I'm so excited you finished it!! And I'm glad I was still able to maintain that balance for you. <3<3

You're going to make me die from all the compliments!! I look back at FftM's screenshots and am so embarrassed now, but I think I really tried to get better in From Fangs to Fae Dreams. I learned a lot, LOL.

And thank you for your comments about Benny! I don't expect my characters to be loved all the time--or by everyone--but I wanted to stay true to him. Like you said, grief can be expressed in so many ways, and our emotions can erupt at the worst possible times and for the most irrational of reasons. I'm so sorry about your grandfather.

LOL, Void-Critter-Nerd is Hamlet, and (very mild spoilers) you'll see him next gen!

Can't wait for you to start gen 3. <3 And thank you again for your lovely comments, I've enjoyed reading them so much.

@LadyLobster Hamlet! Yes, of course! lol! Sorry about that. It was too early in the morning when I wrote that. :tongue: I liked that character a lot. Glad to hear he's still around in the next one.

I know what you mean about not expecting everyone to love all your characters all the time. I've had to learn that myself. I find that when I write, my brother and my sister often disagree (sometimes completely opposite) on which characters they like or dislike. And even when they appear to agree, it often turns out to be for different reasons. I think the most important thing is to have characters that are lifelike, varied, interesting, and true to themselves, like you said.

My early screen shots were rubbish... I didn't even know how to turn off the plumbob and skill bars for the longest time. Ugh.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @GlacierSnow I support anyone who supports our disaster gay son Benny. I think a lot of us have had our Benny-like moments but don't want to admit to them. :p

@InfraGreen lol! Indeed, we probably all have. It look me 25 years to admit to that one in public. :grimace:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @InfraGreen RIP

@LadyLobster Hamlet! Yes, of course! lol! Sorry about that. It was too early in the morning when I wrote that. :tongue: I liked that character a lot. Glad to hear he's still around in the next one.

I know what you mean about not expecting everyone to love all your characters all the time. I've had to learn that myself. I find that when I write, my brother and my sister often disagree (sometimes completely opposite) on which characters they like or dislike. And even when they appear to agree, it often turns out to be for different reasons. I think the most important thing is to have characters that are lifelike, varied, interesting, and true to themselves, like you said.

My early screen shots were rubbish... I didn't even know how to turn off the plumbob and skill bars for the longest time. Ugh.

@LadyLobster And by the way, even those screen shots in Fangs for the Memories were good. In fact you hooked me with the very first two, where you see Byron doing a comedy routine and then turn around and see that he's doing it in front of his stuffed animals. ROFL! I knew right then it was a story I was going to have to read. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow Don't worry, sometimes I forget how my own characters are related. ;) (And not even when it's early in the morning!)

And ha, you really never know how people will react to your characters. So much comes down to personal taste, and our past experiences can really color our opinions too. I've also fully expected people to dislike certain characters--and then they end up being the most popular! Gal's popularity really surprised me last gen, but a lot of people could relate to her.

And omg, I've had to retake screenshots where I forgot the walls were cutaway, LOL. I'm glad those first two screenshots hooked you. <3 (I could've stood to brighten a lot of FftM's shots though...some of them are so dark.)

uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    #Gal4EmperorOfWorld
    FzWOQ8X.jpg