Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Rexx should threaten her with a bath /nods
    That's how you tell if a doggo is faking /great doggo wisdom
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    You were surprised by my infatuation with Rexx? What did you think my answer would be for marrying? :smiley:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @WagonFruit LOL. I had dogs who were terrified of the bath... It was so weird seeing how tiny my long-haired dogs got when their fur got wet. (Oona will never be tiny though!)

@pammiechick I knew you liked him, but I didn't know you looooved him! ;) And I would've guessed Val for "marry," so at least he's your runner-up! <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    So Rexx does care! <3 I knew he would try to help Velvet. :) So sad she's not waking up! :'( Go find help Rexx and do it fast, something terrible is wrong with her!

Now the question is: How long do we have to wait to find out what happens??
  • Options
    @WagonFruit LOL. I had dogs who were terrified of the bath... It was so weird seeing how tiny my long-haired dogs got when their fur got wet. (Oona will never be tiny though!)

@pammiechick I knew you liked him, but I didn't know you looooved him! ;) And I would've guessed Val for "marry," so at least he's your runner-up! <3

Val is probably the smartest choice. ;) But I'm going with my heart. <3 lol
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @haswh He does, shhh! ;) And sorry for the sadness. <3

Unfortunately, it'll be a little while before you find out what happens to Velvet...! :scream:

@pammiechick The heart wants what it wants! And that's apparently a shirtless demon with the same name as your husband. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Pammie's husband is named Rexxanathostrazor’mol ?? :scream:
    what are the odds
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Pammie's husband is named Rexxanathostrazor’mol ?? :scream:
    what are the odds

Hee hee! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit And he sounds so nice for a demon! >:)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Clementine is a cheerleader?

ZAMUT5U.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Trying to decide what the most painful part of this chapter was :bawling:
    Probably Clem’s acting
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 If only she knew what her dad's "acting" actually entailed: dramatic crouching and not much else. LOL.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    You know whose wings I wanna see? Sly's.
    SHOW ME UR FLAP FLAPS SLICK BOI
    I bet they're super pretty.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @LadyLobster If only her dad had acted like a good father and husband... :bawling: #ForeverBitter #RIPWeasels
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Trying to decide what the most painful part of this chapter was :bawling:
    Probably Clem’s acting

The entire thing! Sly, Clem’s acting and uh....other things, Fox.....mad at every single one of them right now! :#
  • Options
    @WagonFruit LOL, I wondered when someone would notice/mention that we've never seen Sly's wings! Man, I hate using wings tho. Clipping galore.

@CitizenErased14 I guess it's a matter of perspective--to humans, and Clem especially, it seemed like a really selfish decision. But Orlando honestly thought it was the only way to save/prolong her life. Even Bianca wanted desperately to turn Lysander; that just wouldn't involve uprooting their family.

@AudreyFld I'm sorry! :grimace:
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster I do get that, though I think that right there is the distinction — Bianca turning Lysander would have been something between the two of them, with little to no collateral damage to the rest of their family (in fact, given that Ophelia ended up a vampire, it would have been a good thing! It’s kind of sad, as I think a big part of his motivation to stay human was for her sake, and in the end, it was pointless and he could have let himself be turned and have eternity with his family, instead of being the only one to die while everyone else lives forever and he fades to nothing but a vague memory :bawling: )

ANYWAY (Sorry, Lysanca feels crept up on me :joy:), Orlando’s decision had a huge impact on his family, which is what does make it seem a lot more selfish. The collateral damage was huge (and in the end, it seems it was an awful thing for Lyanna anyway :bawling:)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited April 2019
    This whole chapter makes me cry! :bawling: There is so much wrong with these three characters. :bawling: I can't even...

Edit: @LadyLobster Great job bringing out the emotions in me!
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 I don't see the move to fae-ville as collateral damage so much, as rough as it was on Clem--she would've adjusted eventually. I know what it's like to be dragged somewhere far away and then hate the new place with a fiery passion. Clem was like UGH I HATE IT, I DON'T WANT TO LIVE HERE, but sorry girlie, you're like eight. For all her bellyaching about being "abandoned," her parents did take her with them! Living with her grandparents was a compromise, albeit a less than ideal one.

As for the fae world's secondary effects on Lyanna, that's a trickier issue. To Orlando, simply being human is like a terminal illness in his eyes, and one he desperately wanted to stop. Sometimes, we're willing to do anything if it gives us hope, no matter the consequences. When I was a kid, I'd get home from school one day and get a call from my mom like, "Oh btw I'm trying a new treatment for my MS today but it might react badly and literally eat my brain, just wanted you to know! Love you. <3" LOL.

@haswh Awwww, I'm sorry! <3<3 I promise everything will be okay in the end! Mostly. Probably.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I think Clem and Sly could probably use some counseling, but who would they see?
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT LOL, Dr. Puck would be right out, alas...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    ilu Sly but knowin u didnt clean yourself down under is big concern

BIG CONCERN
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    You know whose wings I wanna see? Sly's.
    SHOW ME UR FLAP FLAPS SLICK BOI
    I bet they're super pretty.

i read this and sat here for 5mins wondering what a "flapstick" was bc i read too fast
    and then i realized it sounds dirty and i felt bad for thinking it

@CitizenErased14 Wait, where did Lysander staying human for Ophelia's sake come from? From what I remember, O wanted to be a vampire, but Lysander was the one who made sure she stayed human by assuring the vampires in their family refused to turn her when she asked
    He'd do anything for Ophelia, but that was literally one of the only things he put his foot down on
    Aside from that, in Gen 1 when Thad the Dad became a vampire, Lysander was upset about it to the point where Bianca felt terrible for turning him, even though it was for the good reason to save him (and was a last resort). Plus Bianca mentioned that she kept asking him if she could turn him and he even said no to that too--and we all know to his watery grave in the bathtub he loved her more than anything in the world

From that response, it looks more like Lysander is the "when it happens, that's life" kind of guy and wouldn't prolong his life since he thought of it as selfish to do so
    And be pure non-gmo, organic human boi

what you said kinda confused the heckles out of me and i'm trying to make sense of it with 3 hours of sleep
    blease explain, nugget brain overheating
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Cement I didn’t really think he ever said that was part of his motivation. It felt implied that it kind of went both ways — he didn’t approve of vampirism as a choice for her, no. But I also think that, if he knew she was going to be immortal too, maybe he’d have thought twice about refusing so much... I know if it were me, it would be so sad to realize that literally EVERYONE in my family will live forever and eventually forget me :( I feel like having Ophelia as a fellow human in the family gave him a feeling of solidarity. But again, I know he never said this! It’s the way I interpreted things!

I do agree that at the heart of it, he was just fundamentally against vampirism-by-choice. I give you an A+ for your sleep-deprived explanation! (And I’m a teacher so it definitely counts, I’ll call your college and inform them of your extra credit :tongue: Hopefully it will help make the nursing school pain pay off!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @Cement How do you remember my story so well when I have 3 generations and 2349028420 characters and I have to reread to remember stuff before each new gen LOL. I was like oh yeah, now I remember, Lysander called vampires "monsters" after Bianca turned Thad. (I'd give you an A+ too but it wouldn't count bc I'm not a teacher. :grimace: So I give you a GOLD STAR~)

Forget rereading, from now on I'm just consulting my number 1 chicken nugget
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Fox is ready to give someone a piece of his mind...

2wXV5z0.png
    uduVcAP.png