Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How often do your sim marriages fail?

Comments

• Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    1/5 or less of my sims have had at least one failed marriage.
    wow!! I missed some letters! got ahead of myself :#
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    edited March 2019
    Not often. About 1/4 or less of my sims have at least one failed marriage.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    So how do you decide a marriage has failed?

Because in my game, even evil overlord Malcolm Landgraab has managed to keep his marriage!

Ok, for me the marriage “fails” if there is...
    -cheating (usually this is when mcc has a male sim impregnate a random girl (not my sim), who is pregnant while the marriage takes place and I don’t find out about the other baby until they’re married... kick him out right away). Sometimes it is because of temptations as well, so like if somebody like Don Lothario or Bella Goth comes near my sims, but that doesn’t happen very much and is only with scandalous sims
    -one sim wants more children than the other sim (some of my male sims want so many kids, but the females aren’t willing to carry them so the male meets a new girl, or sometimes (rarely) vice versa)
    -a sim dies and then the widow remarries (this is super rare because usually my sims meet a partner their age, but you never know what could happen...)
    -a sim with a bad or stubborn personality gets stuck with a great sim, but usually this is me barging in on mcc made marriages and splitting the sims apart

But I’m going to start to change my ways a bit so when they marry they don’t ever divorce :D
    This forum has really changed my ways of thinking, and because I live with parent problems irl, that’s probably why I try to incorporate it into my games because I express myself through them. That is going to change though! I want marriages to be forever :)
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Never.

My sims get closer and more affectionate every day.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I've only had one sim marriage ever end in divorce. Wolfgang never saw that coming.. or did he?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    When my Sims divorce it's not because they are having arguments... It's because I'm bored with one of them. :D Rarely do I kill sims on purpose. They are lucky for the most part getting the boot instead.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Never. I don't think I'd enjoy playing a story with marital drama. The only time my Sims would remarry is if a spouse dies
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    When my Sims divorce it's not because they are having arguments... It's because I'm bored with one of them. :D Rarely do I kill sims on purpose. They are lucky for the most part getting the boot instead.

Yes when I’m bored then I boot a partner out. But I really never divorce them otherwise.
  • Options
    seaprincesshipstseaprincesshipst Posts: 19 Member
    I love some messy story lines so maybe I should look into this lol
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Somewhat often. About 1/2 of my sims have at least one failed marriage.
    There's quite a lot of infidelity in my game, but even so, I still have some families who stay together for the long haul. If all my sims' marriages lasted forever I'd be quite bored. Infidelity is about the only way to add drama to this game, so it happens a lot. It's also something I just find fascinating as a person; what drives someone to do that? In the case of most of my sims: getting married too young. My sims who don't date around much as young adults are usually the ones who end up cheating and being cheated on. Yet I also have marriages that despite the affairs are still intact. It all depends upon the sims I'm playing.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I can't vote because you didn't include a "never" option.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Somewhat often. About 1/2 of my sims have at least one failed marriage.
    I like drama 😆 So right now I have storylines with crazy drama and part of it is divorce. I have a lot of happy marriages, too, so it’s a balance.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited March 2019
    I've never had a sim marriage fail. I always make sure to keep their relationships happy. :D
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    you left off the "Never" option - mine are "Never"
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    ladybreid wrote: »

That’s why I have ‘ or less ‘... like really? Not trying to be rude but so many people aren’t voting because I didn’t include never! Like what? Don’t you guys read the ‘or less’?? Thanks to those who have voted :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

That’s why I have ‘ or less ‘... like really? Not trying to be rude but so many people aren’t voting because I didn’t include never! Like what? Don’t you guys read the ‘or less’?? Thanks to those who have voted :)

there should have been a never option
  • Options
    you left off the "Never" option - mine are "Never"

That’s why I have “or less” 😒
  • Options

there should have been a never option

So what? That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t vote! 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    My Sims never divorce. They are way too exhausted by raising the toddlers.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    It doesn't happen terribly often in my game but it does happen. If the relationship meters drop way low, and I don't feel like trying to drive them up again then I break it up, unless I'm feeling like playing the loveless marriage scenario. As for my NPCs, MCCC now has a setting where they can separate autonomously and have relationship trouble and I just love it. It's fun to be happily playing along and have tea spill that the Jangs are on the rocks because someone had a wandering eye.
  • Options
    papertonguepapertongue Posts: 130 Member
    Never. I hate the idea of divorce in real life, so I guess I never dabble with it in The Sims.
  • Options
    ohSnapohSnap Posts: 66 Member
    Never... I hate having bad things happen to my sims. I should really expand my play style haha.
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Once but it was for a challenge I prefer to keep my sims together.
  • Options
    LadyDecafLadyDecaf Posts: 89 Member
    Every once and while I do. I don't like my game to be like a perfect fairytale all the time... some bumps in the road are realistic and interesting to me. It opens up some storytelling opportunities as well-- like a sim trying to find happiness after a bad marriage, or trying to coparent with their ex.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Folks reel it in, if you feel the poll should have included an option and the OP explains themselves there's no need to keep bringing it up, it serves to derail the thread and start an argument. Carry on
  • Options
    BrocNoodleBrocNoodle Posts: 28 Member
    I've never had a marriage fail.