Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming, Witches, University or...

Comments

• Options
    Frfly072Frfly072 Posts: 16 Member
    Witches GP
    I just want magic so bad
  • Options
    Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    University EP
    While I really want all of these things (and werewolves - seriously those are my top 4 wants right now), university is the last thing I personally feel I *need*. I’ll be majorly disappointed if we don’t get more supernaturals, and there are other themes I hope the dev team explores but without uni I feel like the game is incomplete.
  • Options
    museman98museman98 Posts: 2,158 Member
    Something else completely, please specify below...
    I was just thinking about new expansions that could be made (as in new original ideas, not just rehashes of old packs) and I though of a sort of into the future spinoff.

This pack would be based on the idea of exploring space and colonizing new planets. It seems pretty big, but it really wouldn’t be. There would be 3 planets that could be colonized, with the user being able to choose whichever they would like to visit first (like visiting different countries from world adventures). Once they choose a planet, the sim either is a passenger on a space ship/vessel to colonize the new planet and build on it, or become a pilot and navigate the stars and visit different planets and collect new items.

Not only could you just explore new planets and fly through space, but maybe if you could customize a starship and fly it around (like house boats from island paradise) and live aboard it as well. There is so much that could be done for a space exploration/new planet ep
  • Options
    hipotonixhipotonix Posts: 58 Member
    I want something like in TS3 where you can own a resort.
  • Options
    angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    Farming EP
    I don't really know how a farming pack would work, even though i'd love one.. For a start you'd have to have a very large plot of land to put fields of stuff in. Then how would you be able to harvest large fields of goods, you'd need a vehicle like a tractor to do it which would mean you'd need to add vehicles in the game. People would moan they'd want cars if only tractors were available...

I think a few empty worlds added would be good place to start, even having whole sets of things like kitchens, etc so you don't have to mix and match all the time
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    University EP
    Most definitely University! I fell in love with university in TS3! But I'd like it if they'd focus not only on young adults but other life stages too.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    University EP
    So close between Witches and University! I really hope for all of us that they’ll both come this year.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    University EP
    University, but I also hope it includes private schools. Seeing The Sim Supply’s video on TS2 getting into private school, made me download TS2 again. But I have an annoying glitch 😬😬 Still! Seeing him try to schmooze the headmaster was hilarious and really made me wish we have private schools in TS4!
  • Options
    FideaFidea Posts: 4 New Member
    University EP
    University has always been my favorite expansion. Now, it's been 18 years since I first fell in love with the franchise and I've actually become a university professor, so I need a little bit of art imiating life. Of the categories listed, I would put University first, Witches second, and Farming third.
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    I want better babies so badly, like it's my biggest problem with the sims 4.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Farming EP
    Farming for me, with a world fit for it. Also want University but Farming is Far up on my list of wishes.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited March 2019
    University EP
    University is the only thing I'm really eager to have in my game now. Young adults that don't come from well off families having to take parttime work on campus is what I would love to see that I cannot remember from other installments. Also, it could work similarly to Get Together or even just after school clubs, but societies other than the frats and sorority ones; if they would work like the after school clubs, I'd hope the sims could come back having honed some skill like when a sim goes to work. Of course, Fraternities and Sororities should still have that celebrity-like feel to them that makes going to one their parties pretty awesome.

When it comes to the other options:
    Farming - Horses are the only reason I would entertain it, with an equestrian career. I ccouldn't care less otherwise.
    Witches - Occult stuff is just not my thing. I only got the vampire pack for all the other stuff that was in it except the actual lifeform. Personally, I really could not care less for a pack based on witches. Sorry to all you guys who love them, I don't.
    Other - The idea of other holiday destinations would be better in game packs. As it has probably become obvious, werewolves are a no-end-of. Island paradise would be good if it became possible to swim in the sea, scuba dive and live on boats.

Other than university, there is nothing I'm particularly craving with regards to expansion packs. I really want university.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Witches GP
    As much as I want University and Farming, I feel like occult fans (myself included) haven't gotten any content in quite a while.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Farming EP
    I would like them all, but I thought farming with animals would add more overall to the game, and I would rather have an Island vacation pack before university. Farming and witches/magic are the two I want most.
  • Options
    snowandbriarsnowandbriar Posts: 45 Member
    Witches GP
    University has always been close to my heart, but I love to play with fantasy so much more. Also, if I wanted to play a regular/non-magical household, I would still use the items from an occult pack.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    University EP
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Witches GP
    First of all I absolutely need witches in my game, I used to play with supernatural only. And we're overdue for occults! After that I don't care as long as I have them. 😂
    I think my least favorite pack would be farming, I'd probably skip it.

I like all of the answers (plus a few off the board ones) but it's been over 2 years since our last occult (I don't count the Plantsims) so we need witches. I'd like to see some tie-in with existing content as well -- if a player has Seasons then witches should be able to cast weather spells (similar effect to the weather machine perhaps) or if a player has C&D they could have pet familiars.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Farming something I want but not before High School, Cars, Beach Vacation with surfing also a Romance and Generations pack I'd be happy with any of these next.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Farming EP
    I like University as well, but have zero interest in witches or other supernaturals past mermaids, an afterlife like in the survey, and a fleshed out grim. Sims 4 is suppose to show us things that we really haven't seen before, so fully fleshed out farming would definitely be the one. I wasn't happy with the limited amount we got at the end of S3, but it was better than nothing. But, the idea of animals that don't count against the household, ways to feed them, more crops, tractors and hopefully other farm tools, haybales/squares, different fence types, and a place to buy and sell items and animals would definitely give options to the S4 game, which it is lacking. S3 gave multitudes of ways to go so that you had to think about which way you wanted to go. S4 doesn't have that and I think that is why it is limiting for some simmers. I think recent packs have improved on that, but certainly farming, university, ways of interacting with the beach, graveyards, more jobs(housebuilder, home interior designer, babysitting, nanny, ect.), and freeing infants would go a long way towards opening up Sims4 enough to give simmers choices. Farming would certainly offer that and for those not interested in the animals, the minimalist way of life would also go good with this pack.
  • Options
    xPIXLxxPIXLx Posts: 34 Member
    University EP
    I would absolutely love to see a university EP. I just want to see my sims be rowdy college students again! I had so much fun with it in TS3. I would also love to see a tropical paradise type EP. I miss taking my sims to the beach. I live in a land locked area, so being able to virtually go to the beach was just amazing to me. I could live vicariously through my sims.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    University EP
    I do really want witches, but know I'll get more gameplay from university and want it just as much.

I actually don't want a farming pack, I find the ideas interesting but think it could go in an expansion (free time type.?) With other hobbies instead of needing a dedicated farming pack.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    University EP
    These three ideas make up my top three! I just want University first to flesh out my young adult stage and I have always had so much fun with those packs and their content. I also struggle to age up my teens because I am holding out hope for colleges. Then I want farming because I would love a sprawling world with farm animals and that rustic aesthetic fits a lot of my sims that seem out of place in other towns. Plus, I would love a reward where all the plants on the lot are active year round and that would fit with farming. Finally, I want witches, because it seems wrong to have vampires without witches. I don't think I would be as excited about an announcement of witches though until I have university. While I feel pretty confident that university is coming soon, I really hope they decide to do a farm world. Then, I want a tropical beach world, cars, hobbies, and more generational gameplay. Maybe then I will be satisfied, lol. What I do not want is more future/superhero stuff. Blah, that pack was the worst with TS3.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Witches GP
    Just curious though - for Simmers wanting farming how will you deal with the 8 space limit and farm animals - plus sims? In Sims except in the penned store farm animals - all animals take a slot in the game - so if you have the Parents, 2 kids, a dog, and a cat - you will only have 2 slots left for the animals. How is that going to work?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NyxMagiNyxMagi Posts: 6 New Member
    Farming EP
    I personally think that an "Off the Grid" pack or a farming pack would be great. Another good pack would be about the supernatural including witches, werewolves, zombies, fairies, demons, etc.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Witches GP
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Just curious though - for Simmers wanting farming how will you deal with the 8 space limit and farm animals - plus sims? In Sims except in the penned store farm animals - all animals take a slot in the game - so if you have the Parents, 2 kids, a dog, and a cat - you will only have 2 slots left for the animals. How is that going to work?
    It's been mentioned here, but making them buyable items could work. Or maybe you can just buy a farm lot where you animals are NPCs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017