Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 StrangerVille - A mystery only Sims can solve

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Since there doesn't seem to be any customization available, and no new sandbox tools, I'm not sure what the point is. This isn't the sims to me, I can play hundreds of games with a linear story, I play the sims to make my own stories, not the ones the dev team thinks is fun. I want sandbox tools to create my own worlds and stories and this is clearly not it. I'm confused how the dev team seems to be so disconnected from what the sims is. Sure it might be fun to play once, but then what? When you already know the mystery, there is no reason to do it again.

Your AVI was infected long ago.....or are you the one infecting others? :D
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sorry, what do you mean?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Sorry, what do you mean?

The way your avi's head is bent looks similar to the infected ones.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Sorry, what do you mean?

The way your avi's head is bent looks similar to the infected ones.
    Nah, that's just The Doctor being The Doctor.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    edited February 2019
    I find the lack of informations disturbing.
    What can we actually expect? Is it a vacation world or regular world? Its not even mentioned if its an expansion or a game pack when it comes to expectations about the amount of new content.

Im not buying a product with this little amount of information. Imagine you go to a car dealer and he says "its a car, it drives, you have to figure out the rest once you buy it". Im not implying the mystery should be solved here. Im ok with that part being up to us. But new gameplay features should be announced and its less than a week until release. I think thats not crazy to ask for.

Unfunny is that the linked blog links to the store to preorder it but that page doesnt even have this new.. whatever it is... available to preorder. Ingame I cant follow the link because "oops, something went wrong" thats been around for months.
  • Options
    mev4emev4e Posts: 13 New Member
    Is this going to be similar to The Sims 2 Life Stories series? Where you make different decisions and it’s story driven through specific tasks and the completion of a story?
  • Options
    Zasz wrote: »
    What can we actually expect? Is it a vacation world or regular world? Its not even mentioned if its an expansion or a game pack when it comes to expectations about the amount of new content.

Im not buying a product with this little amount of information. Imagine you go to a car dealer and he says "its a car, it drives, you have to figure out the rest once you buy it". Im not implying the mystery should be solved here. Im ok with that part being up to us. But new gameplay features should be announced and its less than a week until release. I think thats not crazy to ask for.

Unfunny is that the linked blog links to the store to preorder it but that page doesnt even have this new.. whatever it is... available to preorder. Ingame I cant follow the link because "oops, something went wrong" thats been around for months.

If you browse Sim Gurus On Twitter in General Discussion, most of your questions might be answered.
  • Options
    If you browse Sim Gurus On Twitter in General Discussion, most of your questions might be answered.
    Are you saying that there is no actual information about this on the forums or the store? I have to go to twitter to learn about the features?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    edited February 2019
    Are you saying that there is no actual information about this on the forums or the store? I have to go to twitter to learn about the features?

Tune in Sunday.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955763/strangeville-early-access-videos-and-reviews/p1

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I wonder since we have to wait for any additional neighborhoods, are we ever going to get anymore free neighborhoods that has substance w/o paying for them? How long ago did we get an free neighborhood wow it must have been eons ago. :)

Not quite an eon ago. :) Newcrest was released in June 2015. A new world for the 5th anniversary in September would be nice.

Hmm, eons was an joke but since 2015 is quite an long time regardless. Not holding my breath for one on the 5th anniversary.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Not only is most answered on Twitter, but it is also answered here.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

Tune in Sunday.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955763/strangeville-early-access-videos-and-reviews/p1

So, no. There are no actual informations on the forum or the store about it. Why cant you just say it?
    Not only do I not follow people on twitter because it should not be neccesary, Im expecting to find useful information in plain sight on the forum and the store about an upcoming product which can already (somehow) be preordered. Searching 18 pages in a forum fred and twitter for it isnt what I label communication.
    Why do such topics always derails into debates why twitter is not a platform to present information about upcoming content or why the forum is lacking it?
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    mev4e wrote: »
    Is this going to be similar to The Sims 2 Life Stories series? Where you make different decisions and it’s story driven through specific tasks and the completion of a story?

I look at it that way but with one or two differences, In the Sims 2 Life Stories and there were two others with different titles. Life stories was it's own program with some if not all of Sims 2 features and seperate from the main program. Strangerville however is written into the main program and shares all the features of Sims 4 and you have to run Sims 4 to access the program being it is an GP. Once the Mystery is done or you necessarily do not have to finish it you can treat the pack like any other pack. Another thing about Life Stories you can continue to play it but the storyline is finished and you more or less in Sandbox. I called Life Stories and the other two Sims 2 Lite.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2019
    I remember when I first played the sims, I was 7 . My mum bought me the sims 1 console version for my birthday. As a kid I was mind blown. As a adult I'm still mind blown ☺. Thank you devs for making this all possible. All your little mistakes (glitches) made it even more brilliant 😂. My favourite glitch was in the sims 3 , prams, I was upset about something , then my sim wife arms went funny walking with the pram lol. I was like what the plum , who ever created the prams thank you for cheering me up haha . Thank you for always bringing something different to every series. Hope yous read this :-)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Tune in Sunday.

So, no. There are no actual informations on the forum or the store about it. Why cant you just say it?
    Not only do I not follow people on twitter because it should not be neccesary, Im expecting to find useful information in plain sight on the forum and the store about an upcoming product which can already (somehow) be preordered. Searching 18 pages in a forum fred and twitter for it isnt what I label communication.
    Why do such topics always derails into debates why twitter is not a platform to present information about upcoming content or why the forum is lacking it?

...Have you tried looking at the store? I found just as much info about this pack as about every other pack in Origin this morning (aka 16 hours ago).
    As for answers to specific questions: Twitter is a thing. Deal with it. And again, you have answers on these forums as well. What exactly is it you want to know that has not been answered here already?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @Zasz, there are quite a few threads on this forum where you can find the answers to your question -- there might even be some answers in this thread if you went to look.

That said, StrangerVille is a game pack, and the town is a regular town, not a destination one. It has 11 lots that can be built on plus a special lot connected to the story.
  • Options
    awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    Looking forward to it! I like things that glow. c:
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited February 2019

Tune in Sunday.

Literally nobody is telling you that you have to use Twitter. There is a pinned thread on the main forum where every tweet is posted for viewing. In addition, most if not all of your questions have been asked and answered multiple times in multiple threads here in this forum. There is also information on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. Get bent out of shape over the pack and its contents all you want, but don't complain that the information is not available, because it is.

ETA: In fact, in the very first post in this very thread, which was started by an EA employee here in the game pack forum, it is stated that StrangerVille is a game pack.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Can a sim join the military career without having to go to the town? I want Buzz in the army for my TS2 save file but not forced to live in a vacation world
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    Can a sim join the military career without having to go to the town? I want Buzz in the army for my TS2 save file but not forced to live in a vacation world

It's a residential world, not a vacation world; but one of the gurus did say that you don't have to go to the town or engage with the mystery to use the career.
  • Options
    Jfreeman09Jfreeman09 Posts: 8 New Member
    Will the military career have two branches?
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited February 2019
    not sure what to say yet...it does sound cool, but as with Jungle.. will it get old fast and does this little adventure spawn a whole bunch random pears like JA does if you visit the place?? because as fun as the jungle is, i am NOT looking forward to even more random pearshaped mutants polluting my world. i already avoid all the bar special evenings (ghost, alien night etc) and i never even bother with El Selvadorado anymore because ever since GF the world already gets flooded with unwanted random generated townies to the point where they dominate all public lots, and once you visit the Jungle world there will be a whole bunch more of them which will also flock to whatever lot you visit. i know i can just wipe them out in manage worlds but they will just spawn a crapton more of them.
  • Options
    _meep_meep Posts: 5 New Member
    I know that people are upset that this isnt a university pack but i like th eidea of it
  • Options
    mev4emev4e Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="Goldmoldar;c-16967021"][quote="mev4e;c-16966933"]Is this going to be similar to The Sims 2 Life Stories series? Where you make different decisions and it’s story driven through specific tasks and the completion of a story?[/quote]

I look at it that way but with one or two differences, In the Sims 2 Life Stories and there were two others with different titles. Life stories was it's own program with some if not all of Sims 2 features and seperate from the main program. Strangerville however is written into the main program and shares all the features of Sims 4 and you have to run Sims 4 to access the program being it is an GP. Once the Mystery is done or you necessarily do not have to finish it you can treat the pack like any other pack. Another thing about Life Stories you can continue to play it but the storyline is finished and you more or less in Sandbox. I called Life Stories and the other two Sims 2 Lite.[/quote]

Absolutely understand and agree with that. Yep, the Sims 4 internal aspect makes it just like another pack and technically the sandbox after completing the mystery. So you agree that it is the same in regards to completing the mystery with being decisions and tasks like with life stories with it being story driven and a completion?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Look at it this way. This is a Gamepack so if we get University next it should be a full Expansion pack. Here's hoping anyway. I cannot see a Stuff pack next.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top