Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    NekoboyGamesNekoboyGames Posts: 37 Member
    I turned on Polygami but my sims boyfriends still get jealous and angry when they notice my sim with one of the other boyfriends. Is there a way to turn that of without turning all jealousy off? And if I turn jealousy off, will that affect the jealousy trait?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited February 2019
    I turned on Polygami but my sims boyfriends still get jealous and angry when they notice my sim with one of the other boyfriends. Is there a way to turn that of without turning all jealousy off? And if I turn jealousy off, will that affect the jealousy trait?

You could cheat your Sim the reward trait 'Player' so the boyfriend won't get mad:

1. Select the Sim you want to apply the trait to.
    2. Bring up the cheats console by clicking on shift+ctrl+C and enable testing cheats by typing: testingcheats true
    3. Then type in: traits.equip_trait Player
    Post edited by loubyloulou on
  • Options
    helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Since I use MCCC, latest version, I cannot use any cheat on my garden. But for that many plants do not carry fruits any more. I do have a "last exeption" report, have deleted this and that Mod, but the report stays. Any ideas, one of you? :smile: Erm hello by the way. Sorry. :blush:
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    helen912 wrote: »
    Since I use MCCC, latest version, I cannot use any cheat on my garden. But for that many plants do not carry fruits any more. I do have a "last exeption" report, have deleted this and that Mod, but the report stays. Any ideas, one of you? :smile: Erm hello by the way. Sorry. :blush:

Upload your LE on our MCCC Discord server, so that we can have a look at it.

Use this invitation: https://discord.gg/fuVM8Ed
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    One of my households consists of an adult female, her adopted daughter and her biological daughter. She recently gained custody of her nephew, as her sister did not want him. He and the adopted daughter are listed as roommates, but I want them to still be listed as cousins, as that's what they are. I know I can use MCCC to set relationships, but I've never used it to set family relationships before, just friendly and romantic ones. How would I do this? I couldn't find the documentation for relationships on the Tumblr.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    One of my households consists of an adult female, her adopted daughter and her biological daughter. She recently gained custody of her nephew, as her sister did not want him. He and the adopted daughter are listed as roommates, but I want them to still be listed as cousins, as that's what they are. I know I can use MCCC to set relationships, but I've never used it to set family relationships before, just friendly and romantic ones. How would I do this? I couldn't find the documentation for relationships on the Tumblr.

I don't know if I have a complete enough answer for you, but for the very first time I created parents for a Sim, my Global Superstar was engaged to. So, I took a copy of her from my library to clone her parents and a brother for her, and then took the 'real' Sim to visit them. While there I clicked on the Sim in question, hit MCCC then relationships and was able to set her parents and brother relationships. I'm hoping others can guide you more completely.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »

Ehem, haha - my what? LE? I am speech therapist, in my terms this means "Laryngectomia". :smiley:
  • Options
    QuinurthQuinurth Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey :),
    Trick or treating is not working in my game and I was wondering if anyone knows of any issues MC command center has with it or if it is something else?
  • Options

Ehem, haha - my what? LE? I am speech therapist, in my terms this means "Laryngectomia". :smiley:

Okay, I have found out all about LE and got help faster as I could say "erm" : It was a career that was broken. I'll delete, and we'll see what will happen. Thank you very much for the hint and help, @Bonxie
  • Options
    edited February 2019

LE = lastException.txt aka last Exception. Error messages thrown be the S4 game core and usually hidden stored in the S4 folder without further notice. We analyse dozens of them on Discord, so maybe I'm a bit too much used to the term "LE".
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I figured out how to set the relationship between my two toddlers, but I only have two options: sibling or parent. I can't make them cousins. Is there a way to do that?
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    edited February 2019
    Only thing I can think of is to create your adult sim a sister, set their relationship, set mother-child, then move her out or kill her. It's basically what I did to create an uncle-nephew relationship between two of my sims.
    image.png
  • Options
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Only thing I can think of is to create your adult sim a sister, set their relationship, set mother-child, then move her out or kill her. It's basically what I did to create an uncle-nephew relationship between two of my sims.

The adult sim has a sister (they were both born in-game) and my sim is raising her sister's son, her nephew. She also has an adopted daughter, but the game doesn't consider the nephew and the daughter related, and the relationship panel lists them as acquaintances of each other. I can give the nephew and the daughter either a brother/sister or parent/child relationship with MCCC, but I can't mark them as cousins. I'm not even sure why the game doesn't consider them cousins on its own.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

The adult sim has a sister (they were both born in-game) and my sim is raising her sister's son, her nephew. She also has an adopted daughter, but the game doesn't consider the nephew and the daughter related, and the relationship panel lists them as acquaintances of each other. I can give the nephew and the daughter either a brother/sister or parent/child relationship with MCCC, but I can't mark them as cousins. I'm not even sure why the game doesn't consider them cousins on its own.

See this post re: relationships
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16629834/#Comment_16629834
  • Options
    Raemie20Raemie20 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'm having awful trouble with my sims game. So I have MC installed and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. But no matter what I do the pregnancy test feature and Try for Baby and wohoo options wont come up at all for me. I'm wondering if it's anything I'm doing wrong or could WW be conflicting with MC maybe? I have no other major mods in the game, just the usual clothes, hairs ect...
    Maybe someone might be able to help. Thanks
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Raemie20 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'm having awful trouble with my sims game. So I have MC installed and 🐸🐸🐸🐸. But no matter what I do the pregnancy test feature and Try for Baby and wohoo options wont come up at all for me. I'm wondering if it's anything I'm doing wrong or could WW be conflicting with MC maybe? I have no other major mods in the game, just the usual clothes, hairs ect...
    Maybe someone might be able to help. Thanks

Hi! Unfortunately, neither MCCC or the Forum can discuss the other mod because it raises the game rating above Teen. I would suggest you go to their board and post in their troubleshooting section.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Hello everyone. So, I've been having a issue with getting my male sim pregnant Via abduction.

I at first hadn't touched anything under the alien occult settings in MCC, but after the fifth time and no pregnancy I went in to review everything, and then went ahead and bumped up the stats to 100% for YA.

My sim is a YA, Male sim who can get others pregnant. (Feminine frame but... would that effect anything?)

After removing all my other script mods, and then all my other mods period, getting him abducted again and waiting 30 hours with no sign of pregnancy, I am about 90% sure something about MCCC is messing with alien pregnancy in my game.

I am going to go ahead and try and repair the game as well, but at this point I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to fix this. MCCC has so many quality of life aspects I REALLY don't want to remove it, especially as without it I would have to deal with trying to get my male sim abducted without a bumped percentage chance.

Has there been anyone else with this issue? Any suggested fixes? Or am I missing something blindingly obvious?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hello everyone. So, I've been having a issue with getting my male sim pregnant Via abduction.

I at first hadn't touched anything under the alien occult settings in MCC, but after the fifth time and no pregnancy I went in to review everything, and then went ahead and bumped up the stats to 100% for YA.

My sim is a YA, Male sim who can get others pregnant. (Feminine frame but... would that effect anything?)

After removing all my other script mods, and then all my other mods period, getting him abducted again and waiting 30 hours with no sign of pregnancy, I am about 90% sure something about MCCC is messing with alien pregnancy in my game.

I am going to go ahead and try and repair the game as well, but at this point I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to fix this. MCCC has so many quality of life aspects I REALLY don't want to remove it, especially as without it I would have to deal with trying to get my male sim abducted without a bumped percentage chance.

Has there been anyone else with this issue? Any suggested fixes? Or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

not with abduction since last time i used that my sim had 16 kids. not all at once but my males aren't getting pregnant.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Alright so I was combing over everything for the seventh time, and it occurred to me:

I believed the default Maxis setting to be that only male sims (and by extension, mostly those marked 'can get others pregnant') would be made pregnant with abduction. But in the MCCC info it says "If the Sim is set to only “Get others pregnant” in CAS, they will not get pregnant."

Do I have to manually change my male sim to be able to become pregnant in order for the abduction pregnancy to work, even though base maxis coding has them get pregnant (as far as I understand it) with the 'get others pregnant' setting on? If that is the case, is there a way to just have the basic maxis setting for alien abduction pregnancies? If not I'll just have to remove it since at least with this game file it's more of a playpen for me and I can always pause aging, but now rather annoyed thinking of how it's going to work with my legacies down the road.

Going into my game now to try and see if setting him to 'can become pregnant' will finally shake the system loose.
  • Options
    Is there any advanced word on whether or not MCCC will take a hit with this patch coming today? Should I just go ahead and remove my Mods folder prior to patching? Mostly, I'm concerned because any time I move it my RTF mod goes wonky. It's not a problem redownloading it, but that it has many parts that have to be moved in one at a time. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Is there any advanced word on whether or not MCCC will take a hit with this patch coming today? Should I just go ahead and remove my Mods folder prior to patching? Mostly, I'm concerned because any time I move it my RTF mod goes wonky. It's not a problem redownloading it, but that it has many parts that have to be moved in one at a time. Face/palm.

I don't think Deaderpool has advanced notice of what's in a patch so it's probably a question of wait and see, with fingers and toes crossed. A good idea to remove your mods folder anyway if you're planning to patch straight away.
  • Options

I don't think Deaderpool has advanced notice of what's in a patch so it's probably a question of wait and see, with fingers and toes crossed. A good idea to remove your mods folder anyway if you're planning to patch straight away.

I just remember getting a heads-up from Bonxie, twice now about a mod-busting patch coming our way, in the past. Oh, well, I'll go ahead and pull it when I'm ready to patch. Might patch just prior to getting the GP, though. I really want to play my game today. Not sure how far I'll get without certain mods. Thanks for the speedy answer!
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I just remember getting a heads-up from Bonxie, twice now about a mod-busting patch coming our way, in the past. Oh, well, I'll go ahead and pull it when I'm ready to patch. Might patch just prior to getting the GP, though. I really want to play my game today. Not sure how far I'll get without certain mods. Thanks for the speedy answer!

Nothing too problematic expected. No need to worry.

Edit: Yeah - everything looks good so far. MCCC seems to work flawless according to our first tests. Even "UICheats" seems not to be broken this time ;)
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • Options
    Thanks @Bonxie! I think I'll go ahead and patch, now. ;)
  • Options
    Thanks @Bonxie! I think I'll go ahead and patch, now. ;)

You know that you don't have to patch immediately, right?
    Deactivate automatic updates, start Origin manually and set it to offline. Then start the game.
    In that way you can avoid the patch, as long as you don't install new packs. If you want to install a new pack, unfortunately there is no way to skip patching anymore.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top