Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skinwalkers instead of Witches?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    If it's not Witches I hope we get an actual Supernatural Expansion in the future like Makin' Magic with multiple fleshed-out occults like Witches, Fairies and Werewolves.
    If some players don't like occults they can skip the pack and everyone will be happy

Supernatural EP's with multiple occults will never give fleshed out occults. It's something that even SimGuruGrant acknowledged.

They were fleshed out in Sims 3 Supernatural. And if they reduce the number to the 3 main occults: Witches, Fairies and Werewolves, they will be even more fleshed out and can interact with each other better since they're created simultaniously within one Expansion pack.

And do you honestly think they are gonna bring back Witches, Fairies AND Werewolves if they only come in Game Packs? If so we'll probably only get one of them, since you can't do a Game Pack for every occult

In my opinion the occults in supernatural were quite shallow to me.

Seems grant is more for focused game packs instead of 3 in 1 EP

He's clearly talking about Late Night, which I agree on since it was a city theme. But Supernatural is a pack that focuses on occults and in my opinion the occults in Supernatural have been the best in Sims 3.
    And have you ever played Makin' Magic? This expansion has been the best in Sims 1.

Found them
  • Options
    CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2019
    in my opinion the occults in Supernatural have been the best in Sims 3.
    Except for vampires of course (and aliens which you can also create since they didn't screw up them like in Sims 3), I don't know about you but that pack was a fresh air for me and is among my favorite of them all in the whole series, it is a huge improvement over Sims 3 vampires doesn't matter be it Late Night or Supernaturals. And honestly, of all occults in Supernaturals only witches felt like witches, other occults didn't have much to them with werewolves being the worst. It was very painful for me to revisit the third game after Sims 4 knowing what a let down vampires are in Sims 3. Have to rely on my imagination more if I need to feel immersion, good thing there is other stuff which can keep me busy anyway.

It hardly can be called the best when there isn't much of a competition and this is a big problem for me since I have a thing for supernatural creatures (mainly vampires with witches and androids with robots), Supernatural expansion made me simply more hungry for witches, same goes for Makin' Magic since I play the first game too from time to time. I like the pack, but I've been very disappointed with how they handled them while of course I get why it had to be this way (except for some stupid things, i.e. like confession of being vampire interactions resulting in relationship loss).

If each occult received the same treatment as vampires Sims 4 would take "the best" title easily. The only problem of course lays with EA because it's up to them to green light those packs and they better add them before they drop the game (in that case The Sims 4 will be the last EA game I ever purchased and I don't buy anything else from them). Of course if I had to choose I'd rather get something than nothing, even if it's as swallow as Sims 3 expansion packs (a lot of things without much of depth), but then again, what's the point if you can just get the same thing by playing previous games anyway? May as well save money since I already have the exact same thing without improvements.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Skin walkers could be Big Foot or a WereWolf. :) Or someone else. What if you Sim thought they were with their spouse and it was not their spouse. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.