Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Military Career/Strangetown? StrangerVille

Comments

• Options
    Remy_GenevaRemy_Geneva Posts: 142 Member
    I am going to guess that this new pack adds in a new active military career where you can live on the base. I have no Idea about the faces.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    IT'S CULTS - Windenberg was introduced in GT - GT introduced clubs - in the tweet below they reference GT and Spooky Stuff - a spooky club is a cult.

UaLpJOK.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Ten more :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    So it is an actual fruit, not just a metaphor

a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    They're all using the same strange font. I've tried to google it, but I can't identify it. I wonder if it's significant.

Looks like the Greek Alphabet
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    In my Language, there's a saying that goes "Einbildung ist auch eine Bildung", which roughly translates to "Imagination is Education too".

That language is German, which comes from Germany, Windenburg was based off Germany, what is Windenburg? A world in the sims 4. Create a world confirmed yall!
    In my Language, there's a saying that goes "Einbildung ist auch eine Bildung", which roughly translates to "Imagination is Education too".

That language is German, which comes from Germany, Windenburg was based off Germany, what is Windenburg? A world in the sims 4. Create a world confirmed yall!
    That’s a massive stretch

Is it though? think about what you just said. Stretch, like Stretch Armstrong the toy? Armstrong the second name comes from scotland, where is scotland? The world. See?
    🙄

Ok so that emoji is for the iphone, a product by apple, apple was founded by Steve Jobs, where was he from? America. Do you know how many sims 4 worlds that are based in America? tons. Its gotta be caw

Windenburg was actually inspired by Scotland, with some French and German influences, but a lot of the backdrops and backstories of Windenburg are references to English poems revolving around the Arthurian Legend.

Steve Jobs was from America?
    I was certain he or at least his Father was from Iran or something. Was it Iran?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Honestly whatever it turns out to be, I am at least having fun with all this last minute speculation lol
  • Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    edited February 2019

That’s a massive stretch

Is it though? think about what you just said. Stretch, like Stretch Armstrong the toy? Armstrong the second name comes from scotland, where is scotland? The world. See?
    🙄

Ok so that emoji is for the iphone, a product by apple, apple was founded by Steve Jobs, where was he from? America. Do you know how many sims 4 worlds that are based in America? tons. Its gotta be caw

Windenburg was actually inspired by Scotland, with some French and German influences, but a lot of the backdrops and backstories of Windenburg are references to English poems revolving around the Arthurian Legend.

Steve Jobs was from America?
    I was certain he or at least his Father was from Iran or something. Was it Iran?

Windenburg was inspired by Germany mostly (hence the German-esque name) but England, Scotland and Ireland were also factors too.

And Steve Jobs parents were from Syria but that doesnt mean hes not american.
  • Options
    vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    Welp. That was another let down.
    2UFyFUV.png

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2019
    Looks like a world GP, with stranger things related stuff. Something new to the franchise, i like it!

ps.: i don't think its going to have military career, tho :(
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Gross. Looks awful.

We wanted witches, not this crap. :( What a letdown for occult players. Again.
  • Options
    Yall imagine if all this weird stuff was just to distract us and then they reveal its caw, i know it unlikely but let me dream

It's time to wake up.

ikr these clowns thinking its strangetown, its obviously caw 😌

"clowns" don't be rude.
  • Options
    Eliharb wrote: »
    It definitely looks like something not natural is going on, which is what's got me excited.

And even if it is only a five-lot neighborhood, if it's got as much personality as Forgotten Hollow, I'll be pretty happy. :)

I won't be happy if it's a 5-lot "Strangetown"-lite neighborhood.

Strangetown wasn't that big, it only had like 11 lots.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Gross. Looks awful.

We wanted witches, not this plum. :( What a letdown for occult players. Again.

I want Witches and other Occults and I don't feel let down at all. This is, in fact, very "Occultish".

I'm wicked excited for this!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Is this a new holiday adventure or can we live in Strangerville?
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I hope the town is playable without all the weird stuff going on. I hope it’s just an option. But this definitely has stranger things vibes. It looks kinda cool, just not my playstyle.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    They've put in "People in Black" as compared to "Men in Black", all sorts in insider jokes.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    For me it looks like a mighty return of the ghost hunter career from Ambitions. I loved that career!
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    I hope the town is playable without all the weird stuff going on. I hope it’s just an option. But this definitely has stranger things vibes. It looks kinda cool, just not my playstyle.

Yeah, I was thinking this too. The town and the new cas assets looks good, but I don't want the weird stuff in all my saves. I want to play it once, maybe, and not in my main save.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I feel like this will be my favorite pack of Sims 4, I just love everything about it
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,460 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Looks like a world GP, with stranger things related stuff. Something new to the franchise, i like it!

At the end of the comic, the guy tells the female in the trailer, "fine, join the military" Hopefully it's possible and not just to add to story
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/strangerville-comic/part-1
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Karon wrote: »

@Karon The blog basically confirms that the military career will be a part of this.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Gross. Looks awful.

We wanted witches, not this plum. :( What a letdown for occult players. Again.

I want Witches and other Occults and I don't feel let down at all. This is, in fact, very "Occultish".

I'm wicked excited for this!

Same here! This looks like a lot of fun. This game could use some more crazy. :D