Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hi everyone, this week in Bookclub is @Jes2G's story, Keeping Up With The Joneses.
    Come on over to the thread to discuss the story. XD

Thanks, @simscognito for the reminder!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Sourocha wrote: »
    Hey, lounguers! I felt like asking something, so here I am! It's more of a ''let's talk'' and less of a ''writing for dummys'' type of question, which that is..
    What do you like most about writing?
    Writing is my favorite way of communicating. I feel like I can be myself and I am most myself when I'm writing. I write for stress relief. I write to understand the world around me. I write to process difficult things and celebrate happy things. I write to discover new things. I write to stretch myself, to grow and develop as a person and a writer. I write to do something for myself. I am a bit of a people pleaser by nature and I struggle with remembering self-care. Writing is a form of self-care and self-love for me. When you ask me what I like most about writing, I can't give you a single answer. I love writing.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    A new pictureless update for The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright:

1.49 Investigating
    ...where Kass encounters a familiar and yet unexpected voice on the phone

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Excuse me, but are there any good Sim stories that involve any Ghosts as a main plot point or as main characters in a story? I know I'm just a reader, but I read a good one not so long ago but unfortunately, the author didn't finish it. Any recommendations?

Hey @AshtontoAshton22 - Check out @CitizenErased14's Dust to Dust. It's a love story involving a ghost as a primary character.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Excuse me, but are there any good Sim stories that involve any Ghosts as a main plot point or as main characters in a story? I know I'm just a reader, but I read a good one not so long ago but unfortunately, the author didn't finish it. Any recommendations?

Hey @AshtontoAshton22 - Check out @CitizenErased14's Dust to Dust. It's a love story involving a ghost as a primary character.

@AdamsEve1231 I've read a lot of sim ghost stories, but for some reason I'm drawing a blank rn. :D
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member

in ghost form or living form?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member

Sorry to cut into the topic, people..

@CathyTea Just passing through. Haven't read this thread in months. Nice to see it is still going well and with new participants.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programme...

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Park wrote: »

@CathyTea Just passing through. Haven't read this thread in months. Nice to see it is still going well and with new participants.

Hi @Park :)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I decided to play my Kass save tonight, the one in Hidden Springs. I'm testing out a new graphics card for my computer. Oi! It's been awhile since I've played TS3. I almost forgot the cheats to remove headline effects. :blush:

Found this little cutie sneaking around on the lot after dark. Howard was the only one home, and he seems to attract strays frequently.
    screenshot-12.jpg

Thought I would share. Tagging @CathyTea since she's probably the only person who knows about Howard and his penchant for adopting stray animals. <3

P.S. Emit Relevart popped into this game and got a job at the Llama Memorial Stadium as a rabid fan. :D

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I decided to play my Kass save tonight, the one in Hidden Springs. I'm testing out a new graphics card for my computer. Oi! It's been awhile since I've played TS3. I almost forgot the cheats to remove headline effects. :blush:

Found this little cutie sneaking around on the lot after dark. Howard was the only one home, and he seems to attract strays frequently.
    screenshot-12.jpg

Thought I would share. Tagging @CathyTea since she's probably the only person who knows about Howard and his penchant for adopting stray animals. <3

P.S. Emit Relevart popped into this game and got a job at the Llama Memorial Stadium as a rabid fan. :D

Awwww.....cute kitty. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Park wrote: »

Hi, @Park ! Great to see you! Thanks for saying hi. Hope you're doing well!
    Did you and Miki enjoy the Super Bowl?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

@Marialein just came back with Angel in the Darkness and I'd be ashamed if it went neglected. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

screenshot-12.jpg

@AdamsEve1231 , so cool about Howard attracting strays! That's an adorable cat. And so funny about Emit!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

in ghost form or living form?

Ghost form.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

screenshot-12.jpg

@AdamsEve1231 , so cool about Howard attracting strays! That's an adorable cat. And so funny about Emit!

What's funny is Amy's LTW is Animal Lover but Howard is the one attracting animals. Maybe I should adapt his LTW.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Apparently cousins can be identical

2J2YQHJ.jpg

the only difference is the right person has darker skin and the eye shape
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @CathyTea I think this is what William Murdoch might have looked as a toddler (and he's the great-grandson of William and Murdoch) so maybe "Replic of Doyle" isn't too far off
    DnOwJMG.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I've updated TDC again. Two chapters at once again. Expect these to happen a bit more often because i'm prewriting. Actually, expect updates themselves to be more frequent. :joy:
    Chapter 31
    Chapter 32

And not on the topic of Simlits, how's everyone been lately? :)
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Scenario: Your dad who sometimes offers to make you lunch. He used to ask "Do you know what is in this?" if he made stew or omelette for lunch and you then have to listen to him talk about it when all you want to do is read the newspaper. So you decided for your night of cooking you get to ask Dad the same question he normally asked you. Is this rude or not?

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Scenario: Your dad who sometimes offers to make you lunch. He used to ask "Do you know what is in this?" if he made stew or omelette for lunch and you then have to listen to him talk about it when all you want to do is read the newspaper. So you decided for your night of cooking you get to ask Dad the same question he normally asked you. Is this rude or not?

I don't see it as rude. What would be rude in my eyes, is if the person who is being asked a question, doesn't respond. But if he doesn't want to be disturbed, leave him be. If you are disturbed by him asking you questions, just politely tell him that you don't really want to talk right now and set some time aside so that you both can talk without the one disturbing the other.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2019
    I would say rudeness is in the intention. If one is asking a question with the intent to somehow pester or annoy someone else, it is rude. If it is done innocently, it might still be perceived as rude, but hopefully the misunderstanding is cleared up.

My in-laws make a lot of ethnic food and often explain to me what a meal is and what's in it, even if I've had the meal before. I don't mind. They aren't always sure of my tastes (which admittedly change a lot), so they'd rather me have the info than not.

I usually don't read at the table unless I'm dining alone, anyway.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

my mom had a clever way of responding . when i asked whats for dinner she'd say food.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    today should be fun. i had mom all nice and relaxed about my dental sugery. then her friends came in to town and wound her up again. so now shes afraid to leave me alone. but since the dentist finally read my medical file so i don't expect anything stronger than general anistetic

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top