Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Hello, all! I haven't been around because of the flu. There's a flu epidemic in my part of the world recently, and I was unfortunate enough to get it :lol:

We're talking about tea? Milk tea is a HUGE thing here in Southeast Asia, especially the ones that come with all kinds of sinkers, like nata de coco, tapioca pearls, pudding, etc. People here line up every day for a glass of cold milk tea to beat the heat. I personally go for a simple milk tea blend with tapioca pearls in it, with half the amount of sugar just to get a bit of bitterness.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    How did we so from "ice vs. sweat tea" to milk tea (or bubble tea)?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Because there's always a tea discussion. I personally was obsessed with Arnold Palmer's. Mostly because it was sweet tea mixed with lemonade. XD two of the best drinks.

..... And I now have a craving .oops.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Because there's always a tea discussion. I personally was obsessed with Arnold Palmer's. Mostly because it was sweet tea mixed with lemonade. XD two of the best drinks.

Speaking of tea, I've got a cup beside me. XD
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

wonders why thats funny. lol.

sorry i miss cog so i pick on him i'll stop on march second .............maybe
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    rory is in the newest guru garage video.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I drink iced green tea almost every day with my lunch with a little local honey. Yum.

I tend to make hot tea on cold blustery days or when I'm sick. I'm more of a coffee drinker, but I do like tea. I never add sugar to my hot tea. :)

I feel like this is what my Sims tend to do in game:
    iroh.png
    :D:)<3
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    How in the world did I not know about "Disney Adventures" (not Disney cruises)?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited January 2019
    I drink iced green tea almost every day with my lunch with a little local honey. Yum.

I tend to make hot tea on cold blustery days or when I'm sick. I'm more of a coffee drinker, but I do like tea. I never add sugar to my hot tea. :)

iroh.png

I'm also more of a coffee drinker and I (and most South Africans) prefer a certain tea called "Rooibos" tea. We don't really make tea in a teapot (they did it more in the old days) and we just boil water in the kettle for both coffee and tea. Most people (me included) drink milk with our tea. Our tea comes in packages and our coffee comes in cans, jars or zipped bags, lol. Of course, if you go out to a restaurant, it is brewed in a pot and there are espresso machines at most restaurants, bars and workplaces. Our iced tea is Lipton iced tea (the canned and bottled ones). I've heard that most Americans don't even own kettles or microwaves... :D
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options

iroh.png

I'm also more of a coffee drinker and I (and most South Africans) prefer a certain tea called "Rooibos" tea. We don't really make tea in a teapot (they did it more in the old days) and we just boil water in the kettle for both coffee and tea. Our tea comes in packages and our coffee comes in cans, jars or zipped bags, lol. Of course, if you go out to a restaurant, it is brewed in a pot and there are espresso machines at most restaurants, bars and workplaces. Our iced tea is Lipton iced tea (the canned one). I've heard that most Americans don't even own kettles or microwaves... :D

We've got both a microwave and a tea kettle in my house. I have a full tea china set complete with the sugar and cream bowl if I so want to use it. I've been collecting teacups over the years too. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2019

iroh.png

I'm also more of a coffee drinker and I (and most South Africans) prefer a certain tea called "Rooibos" tea. We don't really make tea in a teapot (they did it more in the old days) and we just boil water in the kettle for both coffee and tea. Our tea comes in packages and our coffee comes in cans, jars or zipped bags, lol. Of course, if you go out to a restaurant, it is brewed in a pot and there are espresso machines at most restaurants, bars and workplaces. Our iced tea is Lipton iced tea (the canned one). I've heard that most Americans don't even own kettles or microwaves... :D

We've got both a microwave and a tea kettle in my house. I have a full tea china set complete with the sugar and cream bowl if I so want to use it. I've been collecting teacups over the years too. :)

In our house, cups and glasses always break. My mom keeps a china cabinet with glasses and cups never to be used. We also have certain coffee mugs and glasses that are only meant for guests.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options

iroh.png

In our house, cups and glasses always break. My mom keeps a china cabinet with glasses and cups never to be used. We also have certain coffee mugs and glasses that are only meant for guests.

Aww I think dishes should be used. I save some of mine for very special occasions, but I always try to use them. I probably have too many dishes but I've got a collection for major holidays and seaons.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2019

iroh.png

Aww I think dishes should be used. I save some of mine for very special occasions, but I always try to use them. I probably have too many dishes but I've got a collection for major holidays and seaons.

I think it's nice to save some dishes for special occassions. The only holiday dish I can think of is a Christmas tray and we also have Elvis Presley and Marilyn Monroe mugs in that china cabinet I mentioned.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Completely lost track of the conversation the moment I saw uncle Iroh, because then I was squeeing inside. I love the show. And he's by far my favorite character in a cast of amazing characters.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ooh, a tea conversation.

Not much I can add on the drinkable side of tea but the region of England I'm from (and some other areas) tea can also mean dinner. Although, let it be noted that I do switch it out for dinner and lunch when writing so if you've ever read too much of one of my stories you'll know that about my writing. Personal choice so I wouldn't confuse people.
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member

iroh.png

Coffee drinker also. Black, no sugar, the stronger the better.

Not a huge tea drinker but I do enjoy Green Tea and depending on the situation, Turkish Apple Tea.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2019
    @MadameLee That's interesting. I'd be really curious to try all these teas next to each other. I wonder if each region's version of "sweet" is different from others'. Oddly enough, finding unsweetened iced tea in bottled form in the US is really difficult. (At least, it is in my area.) And I'll third the dislike of milk in any tea except chai.

I love the Not Always stories. Though sometimes it makes me hesitant to speak up when there's a genuine mistake out of not wanting to be that customer. ^_^;;

@Sourocha Sorry, I really got stuck on the tea thing. ^_^ I've just now started to read your story, so might be some time before I catch up. I'll get there, though!

Here's the latest chapter of Clanbuilding for Dummies:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/01/25/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-7/

I'm only on chapter 7 and there's a couple super-short chapters, so it's pretty easy to jump into if clueless vampires and poking fun at Vladislaus Straud are your thing. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    SourochaSourocha Posts: 1,465 Member

@katrinasforest I was wondering who that was! :smiley: No problem at all! And thank you for reading! <3<3<3
  • Options
    @MadameLee That's interesting. I'd be really curious to try all these teas next to each other. I wonder if each region's version of "sweet" is different from others'. Oddly enough, finding unsweetened iced tea in bottled form in the US is really difficult. (At least, it is in my area.) And I'll third the dislike of milk in any tea except chai.

I love the Not Always stories. Though sometimes it makes me hesitant to speak up when there's a genuine mistake out of not wanting to be that customer. ^_^;;
    )

@katrinasforest in Gen 7 of my Swanson (only near the end of Gen 3 rewrite at the moment) I use some of the NAR's stories to come up with skits for drama class for Jane Grace Olivia. One of the 3 skits is a mix of very "allergy" story, another one is a little bit of a mix of "I don't work here, don't work here" series and 2 of the last skits are stories that take place in the U.K with people who don't understand disabilities. I think I gave @Simscognitio the link to those?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Happy belated birthday to @Jes2G ! So excited. Hope it's a great year for you! Keep filling us up with great stories, and we'll keep reading!

Much love!

jes19.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @eXokamikaze

Wishing you a happy belated birthday! Hope you're happy, well, and thriving! :) Happy new year, too! Year of the Pig (ninjapig, that is!)

ninjapig.png

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Hi, Loungers!

I'm making some changes to how we're doing birthdays here!

I decided that if people haven't participated on this thread in the past year, we'll remove them from the birthday registry. I think that's fair!

And if anyone wants to return and be added back, they are more than welcome! So, folks, if you've disappeared and your name's dropped off our list, feel free to let me or Sissy ( @friendsfan367 ) know, and we'll be happy to add you back again!

Furthermore, in my editing of the list, I might have accidentally removed you! SO.... if you're still participating her at least once a year, and you want to be added back, let me and Sissy know! I'll plop your name and birthday back on the list!

AND... if you've been participating here regularly, and you're not on the birthday list (and you'd like to be), let us know and we'll add you!

One additional change: Because I've added a few interests and activities to my leisure time these days, I will only be posting birthday cards once a month, probably sometime in the middle of the month, and that will be for all of that month's birthdays. I'll still make individual cards for everyone, but I only will be posting them once month.

Please feel free to go ahead and share the birthday wishes however you all would like to do! You can find the list on our first page of this thread--check to make sure you're on it! :)

Much love and happy End-of-January and Beginning-of-February!

• Options
    pronterus wrote: »
    Hello, all! I haven't been around because of the flu. There's a flu epidemic in my part of the world recently, and I was unfortunate enough to get it :lol:

We're talking about tea? Milk tea is a HUGE thing here in Southeast Asia, especially the ones that come with all kinds of sinkers, like nata de coco, tapioca pearls, pudding, etc. People here line up every day for a glass of cold milk tea to beat the heat. I personally go for a simple milk tea blend with tapioca pearls in it, with half the amount of sugar just to get a bit of bitterness.

So sorry you were ill, @pronterus! I hope you're feeling better.

Milk tea--especially with tapioca pearls--sounds amazing!

• Options

I'm looking forward to tea this afternoon! One of my friends at work brought me a box of delicious Sencha tea which she picked up in Japan! :)

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Speaking of...

handwriting01.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top