Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Graphics Do You Play On?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Custom. I'm on a low-end PC, integrated vid card says it all? Settings are good though, some on High, others on Medium. I can live with a little lagging, which normally occurs when I run 4-5 heavy programs in the background. A reboot will normally bring me back to decent ts4 performance.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    runtmcruntmc Posts: 9 New Member
    Ultra! Just got a new graphics card and my boyfriend built our PC so it's pretty solid. Seeing the world in high def is awesome.
  • Options
    rosecoloredsimrosecoloredsim Posts: 42 Member
    I've got everything on Ultra, but before I built my gaming PC I played on custom. My Sims graphics were on very high and everything else medium/low.
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Ultra, but boy does it love to lag on mid-sized decked out lots or when 15+ sims are around. All DLCs, i5 4690k @ 3.9 GHz, NVidia GTX 1080ti Hybrid, 16GB RAM, SSD. Should be able to chew this game but nope, even with gsync it loves to go from 120 FPS to 30 FPS at times.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Ultra! Oh yeah! \o/ Say that again Karen. Okay, ULTRA!

Please forgive my over-the-top giddiness, but man, it sure feels so good to be able to say that now. I've finally realized the dream I've had since The Sims first came out in 2000, playing on a proper gaming desktop. I never had until September of last year when my old laptop finally gave up the ghost and Hubby bought me this computer for our 34th Wedding Anniversary. I'm a very lucky lady! <3 *tears of joy and wonder*
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I play on low :( I have a MacBook Air and I don’t want to risk it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra. Always a gaming desktop build ourselves. Hubby and many in my family are computer techs, programmers, etc - etc. Never no laptops for gaming here only specially built machines often upgraded every 2 -3 years.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    LOVE the graphics in this game, I play on ultra... I also have a VERY expensive, and powerful gaming laptop that I have customized... I have had the same machine for about 4 years.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I am medium with the laptop mode off - still think the game looks pretty!
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    m1zDJ2O.png
    The game performs alright on my non-gaming laptop.
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    I have everything on ultra, first time a current PC I've owned can handle playing a Sims game on max settings. I get no lag or performance issues, it's actually a very nice change from my Sims 3 game.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Ultra.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Somehow my graphics change from ultra to custom when I chose "post processing effects". Anyone knows why???
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Busufu wrote: »
    Somehow my graphics change from ultra to custom when I chose "post processing effects". Anyone knows why???
    You're attempting to modify a preset graphics setting.
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra, but again, I play on 1680x1050 . I'm considering to lower some parameters.
    Post edited by metalfenix_Raf on
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    My game is set to Fullscreen/Refresh 60/1920x1200/Vertical Sync On/Ultra/Uncompressed Sim Textures On/Post Processing Effects On.
  • Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    High settings usually.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    Out of curiosity, what graphics do you play on?

Custom with everything on high.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Ultra.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited January 2019
    I just recently played the game on very high, for every graphic option and it runs well so far! I’ve been playing on medium before then. I wanted to test it out and I was surprised that it worked.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Before my computer went sour I played on ultra.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited January 2019
    Ultra and high,
    I just realised I commented a year ago lol but yeah I run ultra and high now as my pc can handle that now
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited January 2019
    I go back and forth from custom to ultra. I like custom because I dont like post processing too much.

Love my gaming laptop. Never going the desktop route :-)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    The_RatticatorThe_Ratticator Posts: 28 Member
    I used to have a crummy computer, had to play on the lowest graphics possible. For Christmas 2017, however, I got a new computer that could run games on higher graphics. Once my new computer was set up, I booted up the game, switched the graphics to the highest setting, and I have never gone back since.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I usually play on custom. I hate reflections on, but besides that everything else is High/Ultra. Some settings there is no graphic difference, but gives a few extra framerates so I keep them usually on high.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif