Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Graphics Do You Play On?

Hi everyone.
Out of curiosity, what graphics do you play on?

Comments

• Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    These are mine. I play on an average laptop that definitely is not suited for gaming, but it's all that I can currently afford. Maybe one day I'll get to experience the super cool lighting!

2ppzus5.jpg
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Custom. I have a old pc, so I need to ditch some settings. I set Edge Smoothig to low because personally, I don't see much improvement. Uncompressed textures also have a minor impact as far as I can tell.

What I like to set on high and imo makes a lot of difference: sims, objects, reflections if you're playing with lots of water nearby. Visual effects are on high just because I like playing with vampires haha Lightning also makes a big difference, but it's the most demanding for the graphic card afaik. I set mine to medium.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    ultra
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Ultra. Also with uncompressed textures and postprocessing effects. And V-sync because IIRC, there's some noticeable tearing when I adjust the camera sometimes.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    ultra
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I have most settings on medium, except for view distance (high). Works well enough for me, I'm still amazed by apartment views for one. But I would have loved to have ultra settings, too bad my average non-gaming laptop would NEVER be able to handle that. :/
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Ultra. Game is very well optimized. My card's fan never spins up, even with other applications running.
  • Options
    Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    Everything on low besides view distance. My view distance is on high
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'm spoiled.. must have ultra settings with any game I play.
    26319481225_8f0b7344ec_o.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Ultra. Game is very well optimized. My card's fan never spins up, even with other applications running.

only-true-the-office-fans-will-be-able-to-ace-thi-2-19099-1452655657-4_dblbig.jpg

Anyway, mine is on Ultra with post-processing off because I can't stand depth-of-field.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited July 2017
    It seems that everyone is on the extreme ends of the spectrum, low or high. I'm somewhere in the middle but I'm playing on an old laptop.
    le0g2evl2hu8uc8zg.jpg?size_id=8
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Everything on medium except 3D scene resolution and view distance which are on high.
    Post processing effects on, uncompressed sim textures off, vertical sync off.

Can someone please explain to me what 3D scene resolution is? I read the in-game description but am none the wiser.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I'm on Ultra as well.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me what 3D scene resolution is? I read the in-game description but am none the wiser.

If you mouse over the text, it explains that it is 'object resolution' - the visual quality of objects.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    the visual quality of objects.

Thanks! :)

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    tumblr_otxd8ilC661wuwrhxo1_1280.png

tbh i don't really know which ones make a difference.
    my laptop originally put it on ultra settings too as if it was fine for me to play that way, but i don't know anything about computers and i'm always just paranoid about breaking this one so i lowered some settings that seemed pointless to me. (lighting, reflections, visual effects)
    post processing is a bit ugly and i have no idea what uncompressed textures does.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    Ultra and high if my computer is having a bad day.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Ultra
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    I have a question:

How much more demand does it place on a computer if, for example you change all the effects from low to ultra?
    I appreciate it might be an odd question, but from one extreme to the other I'm curious to know how much harder a computer would be working.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    @BabySquare I don't really know, but for sure it demands more from the system. Some computers don't even feel it, others can struggle. My default settings when I install the game is Ultra, but my pc can't handle and I get freaking blue screens all the time. It's odd because it doesn't really lag that much so go figure. I'm afraid of overloading my graphic card, I want it to last...forever haha
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'm spoiled.. must have ultra settings with any game I play.
    26319481225_8f0b7344ec_o.png

I have everything exactly the same as Simasaurus.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Livinity wrote: »
    @BabySquare I don't really know, but for sure it demands more from the system. Some computers don't even feel it, others can struggle. My default settings when I install the game is Ultra, but my pc can't handle and I get freaking blue screens all the time. It's odd because it doesn't really lag that much so go figure. I'm afraid of overloading my graphic card, I want it to last...forever haha

I see.
    My default settings are all medium. I tested out each thing one at a time on high/ultra and I didn't notice much if any visual difference except for the newish lighting on ultra; tested that in the houses for my favourite families and it's not worth it due to the placement/type of windows barely casting any light across the floor inside.
    I like having view distance on high as it looks more like real life, seeing as how I've never noticed a blue void around my neighbourhood, but I might now test out lowering the scene resolution back to medium.
    Asked out of curiosity. Thanks for the reply. :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited July 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I have a question:

How much more demand does it place on a computer if, for example you change all the effects from low to ultra?
    I appreciate it might be an odd question, but from one extreme to the other I'm curious to know how much harder a computer would be working.

It will be a lot (big difference). Especially when you had laptop mode on to off.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    My settings are custom but it's pretty much Ultra but with reflections and visual effects set to Medium cuz I don't think they look that different if set on high anyways.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    everything on high but lighting is very high on the laptop... everything on ultra on the desktop.
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Ultra here but I believe I have post proc. off. I can't remember and I'm not in game atm
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.