Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    This is cool. How do you take pics on your computer so you can put them here?
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mouselline wrote: »
    This is cool. How do you take pics on your computer so you can put them here?

To take screenshots:

@Mouselline If you are on Mac "shift + command +3". A .png of your screen will now be on your desktop.

OR... to capture a portion of the screen:
    Capture a selected portion of the screen
    Press Shift-Command-4.
    Drag to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the entire selection, press and hold Space bar while dragging.
    After you release your mouse or trackpad button, find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

If you are on PC it looks like it may vary depending on your computer/keyboard. This short video covers this nicely:
    https://youtu.be/jTTcGIzeJwA

The images have to be web-readied and hosted somewhere else then linked to. This forum discusses how to do this and tools (though obviously it is a different forum - like we don't post 25 pics in a post here... hahaha).:
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22892.0
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Surface of the Sun is a very sunny and cheerful bedroom! @Karababy52 :) The yellow colour scheme is very nice! It is not too bright! It is a very nice bedroom to cheer the Sims as they are surrounded by yellow furnishings. The name of the room is great! Very nice furnishing of the room! The natural green colour of the greenery plants on the windows complements well with the yellow colour scheme. The yellow bed windows alcove area is very nice! The yellow flowers and candles look very pretty on the yellow windows bedhead ledge, and on the two bedside tables and side wall dresser. The Sims will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in onto them through the bedhead windows. The yellow vases of plants either sides of the bed are nice touches of nature, and the plants either sides of the door are bright welcoming items to see when entering the room.The yellow birds are a nice touch on the side wall, for Sims to see when coming to get dressed. Very nice armchairs sitting area in the middle of the room! The Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there watching tv, and enjoy the nice aroma of incense filling the room. The grey flooring goes well with the yellow colour scheme. Very nice study desk area! The yellow cabinets and the book counters look very nice how they have been placed there to create the nook. The Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer with the sunny sunflowers there to cheer them, and sunshine coming through the windows. The yellow book and trophy look great there, and the varied sized yellow flowers pictures look very nice on the wall. They will enjoy listening to music in their bedroom. The yellow clothes closet, wall clock and bin look great in the room. The large yellow edged mirror is very nice for Sims to check their appearance in.
    The yellow colour scheme and furnishing of the room is very nice and cheering! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    OMG @luckyheather! That bedroom is stunning! <3<3<3<3<3<3 Love everything about it. The boldness together with the beauty makes it very sweet and fragile, which is a perfect display of Japanese culture (imo). Love that lovers painting (downloaded the same paintings as well yesterday or so). Ingenious and so creative, passionate and romantic!
  • Options
    Modern Japanese Bedroom looks so very elegant and luxurious ! @luckyheather :) Very nice red and white colour scheme of the room! Very nice red flooring and red wall tiling looks very classy and stylish ! The bed nook is so very nice! The red curtained mirrors, pattered side rectangular wall decor, the Asian picture and the red dragons on the roofing area of the nook look so very nice! The white petals look very pretty on the red flooring. Very creatively nice octogonal red coffee table feature with the water fountain, white mini tree and red candles! The white lotus floor rugs very nice under the table and either sides. The red and white tables look very nice either sides of the bed nook, and the white flowers are pretty touches on them. Sims will enjoy the nice aroma from the red incense holder filling the room. They will enjoy a drink from the drinks bucket whilst listening to radio music. The circles mirrors and white hanging strings wall decor placed below it is very nice on the side corner walls. Sims will enjoy quietly doing yoga on the yoga mats or sitting resting on the cushions. The red ceiling lights look very nice in the room! Very pretty blossom and red crystal water features on the white cubes!
    It is a very elegant Asian bedroom where you have used the red and white colour scheme so very well! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    You're welcome @Karababy52 and thank you for the sweet comment of mine also. You could have very well done a purple room because there aren't enough color combos for everyone to pick a different one. And it is always wonderful to see how differently everyone uses the same colors and objects. Sleep well!

Aww, how nice is that, having your grandchild(ren) that close @SheriGR! She's one lucky girl (well as long there's peace in the house ;) ).
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Hello @Mouselline :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! You are very welcome to enter a room for this week’s challenge or a future room challenge. I will look forward to seeing your room if you decide to enter the challenge :)
    SheriGR has very kindly posted about taking screenshots .These link threads explain how to post the pictures on the forums.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942493/how-do-you-insert-photos
    Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for the great challenge as I am not used to trying one colour plus white or grey, I am happy you think I did it right and that you like the room and my decorating of it. I saw the central painting by tiya33 and knew I had to use it. :) Thanks for giving me a fun theme to try.
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    Thanks @SmallAurelius for such cool comments about my bedroom :);)
    @SheriGR thabk you for for wonderful comments on my room, the creatures on the top are like the Foo Dogs (in sims 3) I think, they are from Vintage glamour stuff and they are standing on a pile of magazines :):o;)
    Hi @Gwiniel and thanks for all those hearts about my room and for such encouraging words about how you thought it looks :);)
    Thanks my friends <3 You make my day :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi @chips46 --- I hope you have fewer migraines someday :)! I wish you didn’t have to deal with all that pain all the time!
    You’re a great builder B)! All your rooms and builds are always so well done B)<3! The details of all your stuff always goes perfectly with the room or build and makes it look really special <3o:)!
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited January 2019
    I love everyone's rooms that just got posted! I saw the other awesome ones before! Each week, I always look forward to what everyone will build B)!

Thank you for your awesome comment @Gwiniel: including, the color, room’s name, shape, layout and furnishing, flooring and clutter, as well as that it’s a boy’s bedroom B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Fizzstic Love your Shades of Blue room for Matthew. The little stuffed monster sitting on the headboard especially caught my eye and all the void critter decals and toys. I really need to get the Kids Room SP! Love the frogs and that mountain wallpaper too. Great job!

@ArrowBuilds I really like how you arranged the paintings/posters on the all of your One Colour Room for Matthew and I don't think I've ever seen a computer off to the side at a desk the way you did it. Very cool!

@Designasim Great idea doing a side by side colors room for Mary and Mark to save the marraige, so funny! Clever making the bed a neutral color and the flamingo made me laugh. :) Very creative!

@Drearien Your beach/ocean inspired Blue Master Bedroom is so bright and beautiful, makes me wish our Winter would hurry up and be over so I can go swimming again. :)

@professorlilith I'm in love with that JA bed you used in your BOHO Yellow Master bedroom, I should've used it in my yellow bedroom. Very cool how you were able to use items from so many packs and have them meld together so well.

@coolsim9999999 I love the color orange too, so I really like your I'm Dreaming of an Orange bedroom for Matthew. I like the unique shape of the room and the way you used different tiles to highlight areas on the room. Gah! Wish I had the C&D EP, those objects in the room look so fun!

@TheWoodenslurpy Great job on The Seinfeld Loft! Lofts are so fun to create. I used that pool tile to make a loft in a tiny 3x3 house I made. Works well eh? Love that sunflowers in a basket print. Cool!

@AlJay Oooo, so soothing! I love that color too you used in your SeaFoam Dream bedroom. I adore the way you arranged the pictures on the wall with the flowers and the mirror too, very pretty. I never would've thought to use those wall brackets to create a unique canopy bed either. I especially love the way you created the built in aquarium, might have to steal that idea if you don't mind? Love it!

@Allears Beautiful, simple, calming Turquoise Retreat you've created. Love the bedhead feature you created and the lights inside that wall feature. I never know what to do with those things. lol Great job! :)

@Isnishi Dreams of Africa is absolutely stunning! I can see how you'd be inspired by those paintings, they're beautiful! I adore how you created the unique rugs, very cleaver! I'm in love with that window seat too. :)

@ZKirian The backstory you shared for the Love the Mermaid Wishes Bedroom you created for Martha fits the room perfectly. Makes me feel like I'm IN an aquarium or the ocean. Those round rugs next to the koi fish rug look just like bubbles! Very cool!

@SimTresa Love the romantic vibe of your Passionately Red bedroom for Mary and Mark. Especially the way you arranged the bed to face the suite of windows and TV. I like the glow behind the mirror too. Did you create that? Or does that mirror normally glow? Don't think I have that mirror in my game otherwise. Good job!

@gladlypants I love that you took the one color theme literally in your Gray Toddler & Child Room, I tried to do the same. But not as far as you did, I used green plants, white and gray in my room. Just like @Fizzstix mentioned, except for the very few pops of color, it looks like grayscale. Fabulous job!

@chips46 Whoa! I so wish I had all the packs you do so I could use your Amethyst Toddler Room in my game. I LOVE all shades of purple, especially amethyst. This room is so bright and fun! So clever how you used the shelves and pics on the tree stickers and the award ribbons to create dots in those wall features. I've been drooling over those butterflies too ever since that pack came out. I NEED them! lol Stunning room! <3

@Strongbumblebee The Pink-a-soarus toddler room you've created is so cute! I love how big and roomy it is and I really like how you arranged the paintings around the computer desk. Very pretty room!

@Broncos4life Teen Girl's Dream Bedroom is pretty in pink! hehe Love the string of lights around the room, I've done that for a teen's room as well, really dresses it up. I really like how you put the curtains in front of the window seating too, makes it a bit more private for Martha and Jayson . ;) Cool idea what you did with the light bulb frame too, it's fun experimenting what to put in that eh? Love it!

@SheriGR Oh my gosh, I ADORE your Boho Hippie Princess bedroom for Martha. I'm a hippie at heart and would've loved this bright, beautiful room when I was a teen. Especially love the multitude of candles throughout with those candle walls used as dividers. Man, I love the Movie Hangout pack objects, it's one of my favorites! Namaste!

@emere Very classy, elegant Turquoise Bedroom you've created for Mark & Mary. I agree with @Gwiniel, it does look like a celebrity's bedroom. Love the bedhead feature you've created with the starry night wall light and that painting is one of my favorites in the game. Vintage Glamour SP is another one of my favorites, I use items from it all the time. I love the angled windows seating area too. Perfect! :)

@luckyheather Wow, what a gorgeous Modern Japanese Bedroom you've created. There's so much creativity going on in there I don't know what to comment on first! o.O I'd say the fountain feature and the bed area are my favorites though. Masterpiece of a room. Magnificent! <3

Also, thanks so much for the comments on my room. You made me laugh what you said about your husband too. hehe

@SmallAurelius Thanks, glad you like it! It's probably a good thing your screen brightness is only 40% or your eyeballs would've definitely been burnt. hehe

Lastly, thank you so much for your detailed critique of my room @rosemow You amaze me, I'm so glad you started this contest. I may not have time to enter every round, but I love checking out everyone else's entries every round though. *Hugs & Love* <3<3

Okay, whew! Hope I didn't miss anybody! If I did, I apologize. Happy Simming Y'all! <3
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Karababy52 Thanks so much for your very nice words about my Turquoise Retreat entry. I'm glad you like it! :)

Your yellow room was stunning! I love what you did behind the bed. The cutout with the swag drapes, and the counter space with it's decorations is quite elegant! And your little challenge to find the 2 camouflaged items was fun. It took me awhile, but I must say your solution was very clever! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Options
    @Allears You're welcome! Thanks for your comments on my room too. Oh, so you took the time to look? Cool, glad you found it. I just couldn't leave it the way it was, especially the 'large' blue object. It just was too distracting to me in a room with all that yellow and then you see 'that' and BOOM, all I could see. lol
  • Options
    Question for anyone that's tried. Does the link I posted to my room on the gallery work? Every time I click on it, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I double checked and it's the right link though so I don't know what's going on. o.O
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Question for anyone that's tried. Does the link I posted to my room on the gallery work? Every time I click on it, I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I double checked and it's the right link though so I don't know what's going on. o.O

Hello @Karababy52
    When I click on the link, your room appears correctly for me. I am sorry that you though are having issues accessing it :(
  • Options
    Okay, cool, thanks for checking @rosemow Must be something on my end with the link to it then. I'll try again later and see if it works. :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thanks for taking the time and effort to comment on my room and everyone else's @Karababy52! You did a wonderful job of highlighting what made each room special. Love your room! I especially love how you did the desk area so the desk and bookshelves looked built in as part of the counters.

I'm amazed at how different and yet great all the rooms are. Great job everyone!!!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thanks so much @Karababy52 !! You are totally welcome to use my aquarium idea :)
  • Options
    You're very welcome @Isnishi and thanks for the comments on my room! The desk area is one of my favorite features and took the longest to make, so means a lot you picked that to highlight. <3 I've entered many rounds in this contest and don't always have the time to comment on all other entries, so I figured it was about time I did. Everyone has such beautiful rooms with features that make them unique and special. I love the variety and special touches. :)

Oh good, thanks @AlJay I've tried to do what you did, but not exactly in that way before. I usually just place a window strategically on a wall with the aquarium behind it. Your way looks like it would work much better! :)
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    edited January 2019
    Thanks, @Karababy52. The mirror's from Get Famous. It glows automatically.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top