Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else deleted Thorne Bailey?!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I really like him! I gave him a minor makeover, but didn’t touch his quirks or anything (just hair and outfits). My Sim stole him from his wife and now they are both global superstars (or whatever it’s called).
    wPFLiH2.jpg
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited January 2019
    What a strange topic. No, Thorne and his family are alive and well in my game.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I've just bound him to the voodoo doll, having far too much fun with that. :D
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited January 2019
    Nindigo wrote: »
    What a strange topic. No, Thorne and his family are alive and well in my game.

not really, i totally understand why people hate his guts. It's because he continuously spams incite cheers whenever he is present, and now i hear you saying "so? so do Brytani Cho and Dirk Dreamer and any 4 star celebrity that shows up". true...however, he also spams the heck out of posing for pictures if even one paparazzi is present on the lot, and we all know those pests are ALWAYS there if a celeb is present. and if you could ignore it it would be ok..some celebs irl are also attentionseekers like that, but here is the catch: the game forces your sims and any one close enough to him to take interest and thus once you are caught in it, it will be very hard to get away from it all since the game will just force you back to him and he just NEVER stops this unless the paps leave, and we all know paps are like vermin: they never leave and if they do another one will already have shown up and joined the fray. unless you remove his paparazzi darling quirk this guy is extremely aggrevating to say the least. it isn't his fault, it is just a poorly designed mechanic… dunno where we can give the devs suggestions for patches but a good way to counter this forced to take interest in ANYTHING any celeb does is if you could actually CHOOSE for your sims and townies if they are a fan of a celeb or not, and if not your sims would just ignore them if they dance, play an instrument, spam the incite cheer crud or whatever they do. it would be a huge improvement while still keeping some of that celebrity glamour effect. i get it a big timer like Judith Ward would have a lot of fans who are mean like her and well, she is a 5 star after all. but right now the whole nightclub will already be stuck in that forced watch a celeb dance or even take a dump garbage with any celeb from 2 star to 5 and even 5 stars will act like a mindless fan when a 2 star with no skill plays an instrument or dances with lv 1 skill... which pretty much ruin any evening there since even the DJ and mixologist if caught in it are just stuck watching the celeb. and of all of them Thorne Bailey is by far the worst of them all.
  • Options
    LilDramaMama6892LilDramaMama6892 Posts: 13 New Member
    Thorne is alright, whenever he's around. I am on the verge of getting rid of Judith Ward. Wherever my Sim goes, there's Judith in the same outfit!! The only thing that's different is their hairstyles. Judi, Judi, Judi...not a good idea to copy my Sim's look. You have got to go, pronto!!! 😂
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've only just bought GF and as it happens Thorne Bailey and Baby Ariel showed up the first time my sim went to a festival after installing the game. He got a happy moodlet for seeing a celebrity but as the player I'm just mildly amused. I'll probably work on creating my "own" celebrities.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    you saw Baby Ariel in San Myshuno?? odd.. i have never seen Baby Ariel show up anywhere besides on the Streets in the lounge district in the new hood playing the guitar. she also cannot be invited to clubs if you leave her as a townie either to my knowledge. it is like she doesn't exist if you don't visit the new lounges or public lots in Del Sol Valley. usually it is Thorne Bailey and Baako Jang/Sofia Bjergsen i see often on festivals where they play an instrument. i usually make the Jangs and Sofia celebrities because it makes sense so maybe that's why, but even before i did it would just be Thorne playing and other pests errr celebs like Brytani and Judith showing up there.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Just don't hang out much in Del Sol Valley if you want to avoid Thorne Bailey. My Sims rarely leave their home lot, so he is not "thorn" in my side. Fans on the other hand are a nuissance in my book because of their ridiculous behavior around a celebrity.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Just don't hang out much in Del Sol Valley if you want to avoid Thorne Bailey. My Sims rarely leave their home lot, so he is not "thorn" in my side. Fans on the other hand are a nuissance in my book because of their ridiculous behavior around a celebrity.

ughhh yeah… the fans in this game are way too obsessed… they went overkill on it, but as we all know EA is notorious in this series for going overkill if a new feature is included, just like the weather interactions ( sims will non-stop keep yapping on about the ffing weather if you let them talk autonominously) and the endless rain and lightning storms in which half your yard gets fried by lightning bolts. but yup, as soon as any 2 star or higher celeb shows up on a lot (and they Always do in my games), there is no point anymore to stick around since everyone will just fawn over the celebrity all day or talk/whisper about them. they act like it's a big deal when spotting a celeb and i am like...ugh ffs not AGAIN! is there any place where these pests won't bother me?? and usually if they choose to chat up guess who's the Lucky camper...yup, my sims trying to avoid them :/
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Oh i like the super famous. When my b lister goes out, she gets the paparazzi on her but once those sims come around my simmy gets peace finally :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Oh i like the super famous. When my b lister goes out, she gets the paparazzi on her but once those sims come around my simmy gets peace finally :)

hmmm Lucky you. even if they are around the paparazzi still loves to annoy me with their filthy presence even if all the bigger celebs are around. and i find them really annoying, probabely since i really hate paparazzi in real life as well, mostly those that just don't know when to quit. i get it that famous people are interesting to people, but imo everyone deserves to be at peace in their private homes, celebrities as well. and it is just plain rude and disrespectful to invade peoples privacy like they tend to do.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > annaliese39 wrote: »
    >
    > I haven't deleted Thorne or any of the other premades, although I wouldn't say I'm fond of him either. Whenever he's around, it seems that my celeb always steals the limelight from him rather than the other way around, which is rather satisfying. Then again, my celeb is an infamous vampire criminal so Thorne probably wants to keep on his 'good' side. :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I did delete Baby Ariel on general principles, but I might add her back in eventually and give her a better name (would have been cool if they'd been able to add the ability to have stage names or pseudonyms).

where did you even find baby ariel? ive never seen her!

I just looked for her in Manage Households in the Other Households category -- easy to delete her then. I'm currently playing with LilSimsie's current save file (had trouble downloading then realized I had to turn off my firewall briefly) and I'm playing with Holly Alto -- had her buy the Quirk-B-Gone potions to get rid of the Serious Actor (Sims don't want to do funny or mischievous actions, and she's not even in the acting career) and Phone Addict (because I got tired of her stopping to play with her phone every couple of minutes). It'll be interesting to see which new quirks she picks up. She's currently in the painter career; may have her become an arts critic for her next career.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

ughhh yeah… the fans in this game are way too obsessed… they went overkill on it, but as we all know EA is notorious in this series for going overkill if a new feature is included, just like the weather interactions ( sims will non-stop keep yapping on about the ffing weather if you let them talk autonominously) and the endless rain and lightning storms in which half your yard gets fried by lightning bolts. but yup, as soon as any 2 star or higher celeb shows up on a lot (and they Always do in my games), there is no point anymore to stick around since everyone will just fawn over the celebrity all day or talk/whisper about them. they act like it's a big deal when spotting a celeb and i am like...ugh ffs not AGAIN! is there any place where these pests won't bother me?? and usually if they choose to chat up guess who's the Lucky camper...yup, my sims trying to avoid them :/

Had a major issue getting fans to calm down long enough to meet them and give out some gifts -- Holly is a B-lister so she's got some fans. In a way it's cool, she won't be inundated by Sims in her relationship panel, but I still need to have her meet Dustin Broke as a potential romantic partner. I'm going to have to start sending her out in the celebrity disguise if I'm sending my Sim to paint at the Casbah Gallery.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mehh i really dislike Dustin Broke because he has acted like a jerk to children quite a few times, i just order my own celebs to give kids an autograph if they show up out of principle. i really do like Holly tho, she is usually quite friendly for a celebrity in my games. too bad she looks nothing like Holly in ts3... i Always like her a lot in that game too and when i saw she was in the game i was quite excited untill i actually saw her... but she is still my fave premade celebrity in the game.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited January 2019

hmmm Lucky you. even if they are around the paparazzi still loves to annoy me with their filthy presence even if all the bigger celebs are around. and i find them really annoying, probabely since i really hate paparazzi in real life as well, mostly those that just don't know when to quit. i get it that famous people are interesting to people, but imo everyone deserves to be at peace in their private homes, celebrities as well. and it is just plain rude and disrespectful to invade peoples privacy like they tend to do.
    Absolutely same about real life. How this is a legal profession I'll never understand. This is literally legalized stalking. Insanity. The camera shot sounds freak me out and I'm not even famous.

My poor sim has been tired of the paparazzi on two ocassions. I've not tried to get them to leave.Don't know if they will.
    @DanmanNefarius
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    My poor sim has been tired of the paparazzi on two ocassions. I've not tried to get them to leave.Don't know if they will.
    @DanmanNefarius

@Simpkin Nahh, waste of time. never pay them off either, waste of the money. even if you manage to send them packing which is a coin flip a minute later they just reappear and resume their obnoxious stalking. the only cure for the paparazzi stalking is to build a VIP section on every lot you visit with a bouncer door to keep them and the equally annoying fans away from you. Or you can go for the Celebrity aspiration and thus no longer get the angry mood because of the Paps. throw in the paparazzi darling quirk and they will actually become an asset to you (free fame, positive reputation points and a confidence boost if they photograph you)
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @DanmanNefarius

@Simpkin Nahh, waste of time. never pay them off either, waste of the money. even if you manage to send them packing which is a coin flip a minute later they just reappear and resume their obnoxious stalking. the only cure for the paparazzi stalking is to build a VIP section on every lot you visit with a bouncer door to keep them and the equally annoying fans away from you. Or you can go for the Celebrity aspiration and thus no longer get the angry mood because of the Paps. throw in the paparazzi darling quirk and they will actually become an asset to you (free fame, positive reputation points and a confidence boost if they photograph you)

I've paid them off a couple times working towards the fame aspiration as my method of "dealing with" them. ^_^;;

Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    He's gorgeous! I should probably create a sim to date him.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I've paid them off a couple times working towards the fame aspiration as my method of "dealing with" them. ^_^;;

yeah this is an exception ofcourse, but once you have done this there is no point to it anymore since they just come back within a few moments. waste of the money and just more incentive for the paps to harrass you… free money :p