Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else deleted Thorne Bailey?!

Comments

• Options
    UtauIAUtauIA Posts: 28 Member
    Getting rid of Thorne is a fantastic idea. While you're at it, might as well get rid of Judith. I hate all the celebrities in Get Famous. They just have the oddest vibes and are impossible to get rid of. I heard that deleting their stars doesn't work, and they just respawn!
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I made him suffer for being so annnoying lol. I was trying to build up my Sim’s celebrity level at the Orchid club where Thorne is always performing (as his job). So I worked to romance him, ruined his marriage, got him kicked out to an empty lot, then acccidently killed his ex wife, romanced YA Orange, then he kicked my Sim out and then I moved Thorne back in with his son so I could have the lot to build on. It was fun 😃

Judith Ward is my favorite villain character now and Thorne is my favorite annoyance-to-make-miserable.
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Nope, but i did get rid of the quirk that makes him the way he is! he is a paparazzi darling and thus loves to spam the pose for pictures. once you get rid of that super-annoying quirk he is actually one of the nicest guys of the celebrities. but he does suck at instruments tho lmao no idea how he got so high up the food chain, but seeing how insanely braindead fan-sims are it doesn't really matter how bad you are as long as you are a celeb they will worship you...
  • Options
    > @UtauIA said:
    > Getting rid of Thorne is a fantastic idea. While you're at it, might as well get rid of Judith. I hate all the celebrities in Get Famous. They just have the oddest vibes and are impossible to get rid of. I heard that deleting their stars doesn't work, and they just respawn!

you can lower their celebrity status by 2 stars with testcheats on but the game will just spawn new celebs… and i'd rather compete for awards with Judith and Thorne than with pale pearshaped jobless Genji's who came out of nowhere and snagged all the trophies.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    None of my sims are high level celebrities yet, but I haven't really had any issues with Thorne. I send my sim to go to the Spice Festival or Flea Market and he often shows up as the guitar playing busker, which I thought was pretty cool for a celebrity to make an appearance as a street performer. He even signed an autograph.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Hahaha. I love Thorne. He's a cutie. I don't have GF but have watched more than one video where he steals everyone's spotlight. He seems to be very divisive, very loved or hated. But if I did have GF he'd definitely stay, and at least father a child with my sim (those genetics tho) or leave Octavia for her.
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    He's usually my criminal sim's main victim when he's at the Orchid Club. Via Book of Chaos, he is constantly forced to puke, then pees himself and eventually falls asleep in it, while my sim is filming everything for his Social Media. The same for Octavia. The videos are a great success by the way.

Not as bad as what Call me Kevin did to him though.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I quite like Thorne, actually. I think he's not a very good person but I enjoy playing him and Octavia.

And his nose is iconic.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I haven't deleted any celebs, but I find Thorne to be so sleazy looking, haha. I don't understand his appeal at all.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I didn't delete him but I aged him and Octavia to adult. I didn't like them having a kid at child stage as young adults. I am also more interested in playing Orange as a celebrity problem child. I will be aging him up to teen pretty quick.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    No I haven't deleted him. But my vampire Sim was tired of Thorne hogging the spotlight & decided to create a diversion, by feeding on Thorne so her daughter could play violin.
    pki5TCD.png

As if a deep drink wasn't enough to stop Thorne from hogging the spotlight.....my Sim finally had to put a spell on him to mesmerize him
    dH8D2P9.png
    khqzCgV.png

This kept him quiet for a good while >:)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    The celebrities they have I don't really recognize and delete them anyway.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    In save games where I had a sim in pursuit of fame, I left all the current 'stars' in place, but in other saves including the one I'm currently playing, I have deleted ALL celebrities. Strangely, I have never once seen Baby Ariel in game in any of my saves despite having had GF from launch and playing it heavily.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    simwolf wrote: »
    In save games where I had a sim in pursuit of fame, I left all the current 'stars' in place, but in other saves including the one I'm currently playing, I have deleted ALL celebrities. Strangely, I have never once seen Baby Ariel in game in any of my saves despite having had GF from launch and playing it heavily.

Same here I have never seen her either and I play a lot..

• Options
    SimityPaigeSimityPaige Posts: 12 New Member
    i did! i try to do meet and greets and he always comes to take the spotlight. like, okay now...
  • Options
    SimityPaigeSimityPaige Posts: 12 New Member
    > @stilljustme2 said:
    > annaliese39 wrote: »
    >
    > I haven't deleted Thorne or any of the other premades, although I wouldn't say I'm fond of him either. Whenever he's around, it seems that my celeb always steals the limelight from him rather than the other way around, which is rather satisfying. Then again, my celeb is an infamous vampire criminal so Thorne probably wants to keep on his 'good' side. :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I did delete Baby Ariel on general principles, but I might add her back in eventually and give her a better name (would have been cool if they'd been able to add the ability to have stage names or pseudonyms).

where did you even find baby ariel? ive never seen her!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I was prepared to delete Thorne, but he seems to have gotten wind of it and is on his best behaviour.

My first encounter with him was when one of my sims got a call from a friend, telling me that a celeb was at a venue and if I wanted to come along and see them? Turned out it was Thorne, busily giving out autographs. The next time he appeared at the Spice Festival, playing the guitar at the busking station. Relaxed, approachable guy from what I've seen so far. Might be an act, who knows.

When it's my paparazzi sim's turn in the rotation we'll see how far Thorne can be pushed...
  • Options
    CeyllynnCeyllynn Posts: 25 Member
    When I am not in build mode I have an alien mod in, I just have him constantly abducted...
  • Options
    simwolf wrote: »

check the Streets in the new hood. you can often see her playing the guitar for tips at the walk of fame or at the food stall near the park lot (if you have seasons), but apart from playing guitar for tips in Del Sol Valley she doesn't do anything or appears on any lot in the game.

• Options
    No I haven't deleted him. But my vampire Sim was tired of Thorne hogging the spotlight & decided to create a diversion, by feeding on Thorne so her daughter could play violin.
    pki5TCD.png

As if a deep drink wasn't enough to stop Thorne from hogging the spotlight.....my Sim finally had to put a spell on him to mesmerize him
    dH8D2P9.png
    khqzCgV.png

This kept him quiet for a good while >:)

lol aren't vampires just amazing to have around in this game huh ^-^ though i just use the ashamed emotional blastwave on any celeb that makes me too aggrevated and watch him die lol but usually getting rid of the paparazzi darling quirk and dropping him to 3 star b-lister like he should be with his crappy musical skills is usually enough to turn him from an obnoxious pest into a quite nice friend to have.
  • Options
    meeka472meeka472 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have him in an open marriage with one of my sims. He's one of my favorite characters in the game. He's also kinda cute I gave him a makeover and he looks great. He and Olivia Moon are still good friends and do a great job of co-parenting Orange even though they are divorced and have move on romantically.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    He's the most annoying, attention seeking celebrity ever, even when you're higher celebrity level than him, he still get the most attention, he's always there no matter where you go, my date wouldn't even sit with me in the restaurant! She go and stare at him even tho she's a celebrity!

Thought of killing him but wouldn't want people mourning him so I thought I could just delete that annoying brat..anyone else did the same?

OMG did you really? How could you :'( , I love him best. <3 He is the most perfect star. <3<3
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I see him every time going to the DSV lounge of course, but I don't think he has popped up anywhere else, at last not often. He is cool, feels a bit repetitive though as his situation is normally the same, AND I did once think he took too much space, but I'm used to him now.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Stormsview wrote: »
    OMG did you really? How could you :'( , I love him best. <3 He is the most perfect star. <3<3

how could we? well simple: unless you cheat away his paparazzi darling quirk and lower his celebrity status by one he will continuously spam the living daylights out of the posing and incite cheers actions which is absolutely aggrevating to say it mildly. especially since the game forces every soul in his vicinity to take interest in him even if i don't want my own sims to react to him since...well...my current child prodigy's music skills just blow him away and expose him for the amateur he is! and he just won't stop spamming that stuff, especially when paparazzi are there, and we all know they are ALWAYS around where your sims are, especially once you are a 3 star.... i totally get it why people want to get rid of him, but i don't hate him, since all 4 star celebs are obnoxious pest with attention issues it seems (Judith Ward never does this so apparantly it is a 4 star celeb thing). but unless i remove that quirk he is easily the worst of all the celebs when it comes to obnoxious behaviour.
  • Options
    CeyllynnCeyllynn Posts: 25 Member
    I recently managed to get him to die of old age, while I was testing a lounge I built, lol so he dead on the lot deathly hollows. Totally unplanned, now my Sims can do their stuff while he's a ghost.