Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Gwiniel Thank you for your kind words about all of our rooms. Thank you, also, for sharing of yourself. You bless and encourage us and I can tell that I'm not the only one who feels that way. Keep up the good fight, young lady. Hugs to you from across the pond! <3
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    TheWoodenslurpyTheWoodenslurpy Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Allears - your dolphin-inspired bedroom is divine. I love it. @rosemow already said it, but the furnishings are wonderful, the colors are warm and uplifting. Such a beautiful job. The accent wall just made the room complete. So good.

@lsnishi - I love that you worked outward from African art to create a room that really honors those particular design elements and colors. You're a beautiful designer/builder and inventive. Those floor patterns are incredible and the objects you used to create them shows how resourceful you are as an artist.

@ZKirian - I can't even tell you how much I love the concept for your room. Any kid would go gaga over the idea of living under the sea. The tiles are beautiful, and the waterfall divider really cinches the deal. Also, the floor decals are wonderful and magical. Great job.

@SimTresa - I don't know where to begin. The aerial view of your room was stunning and took my breath away. The irregular shape, that bold red were striking. Such a unique piece of work. Your design choices were perfect. I felt like I was bathing in a warm sea of red.

@gladlypants - First of all, thank you for your kind words. Also wanted to mention your previous entry of the Cat Shelter. The story behind it was touching and the actual build of it was wonderful. Also that closeup picture of the kitten was mesmerizing and made me want to adopt again. *** This build of grays is wonderful and unexpected, as I imagine it's difficult to make grayscale fun for toddlers and kids. I adore the "room within a room" element that you added. The tiny hints of color were so cool! Layout and furnishings were spot on. What a wonderful space.

@chips46 - I love that you chose purple! One of my favorite colors but also difficult to work with as it "changes" colors surrounding it, sometimes for the worse. I love that you included pink furnishings, as they really work within a lavender room. The open plan layout makes sense so toddlers can have long spans in which to learn to walk. It's an adorable room.

And last but not least, please get well, @luckyheather. Sending healthy vibes to your account.
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thanks so much @TheWoodenslurpy for your nice words about my entry. :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for the wonderful comments on my room @SmallAurelius and @TheWoodenslurpy. And thank you both for taking the time and effort to go through each of the rooms to highlight what makes each one special. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I have absolutely nothing to do tonight for once, so I’ll hopefully be able to make my room
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    "Shades of Blue" is a great boy's room for Matthew @Fizzstix. You've nicely combined different hues of blue having yellow and orange accents. The layout and style suits a growing boy. Especially like the curtains, the wall sconce above bed and the small nicknacks throughout the room.

"One Colour Room Challenge" is a beautiful master bedroom @ArrowBuilds. Love how the room looks very soft and gentle in a hue of minty blue during sunrise/sunset but as a fresh, spring sky blue during noon/night. Good furniture placement and I like the clever combination of the bookcase and desk, with the trash can and nicknacks. Flowers and pretty artworks gives the room a feminine touch for Mary without being too much for Mark.

"Mary and Mark" is a clever and sweet color-split room without breaking a uniting style @Designasim. Love the backstory and I'm very happy you found the solution to the sofa problem from rose's suggestion. Placement of the furnishing is very well thought of and executed. Love Mary's side definitely more, especially that really cute seating area with full length wall mirrors! Mark's side is manly looking, so perfect for him.

"Blue, Master Bedroom" is a truly invigorating zing of practically glowing turquoise @Drearien. What a wow factor! I really like everything of it except the rug. But dang, awesome job!

"BOHO Yellow Master Bedroom" is a nicely done, bright master. The rya near bed fits to the room perfectly @professorlilith. To me it has kind of cottage or rustic beach house feel. I don't know how BOHO style looks but your room is both relaxed and cheerful.

"I’m Dreaming of an Orange" is a lovely room in orange which is a very beautiful, warm color and I like the room name @coolsim9999999. The quirky shape only adds a fascination towards the unconventional layout of furnishing, not to mention it's a boy's bedroom. It's something I would have never come to think of myself but it works. There are many clever and nice details from interesting flooring to nicknacks.

"The Seinfeld Loft" is a beautiful loft @TheWoodenslurpy. It has taken a lot of work to make it. You've nailed the layout and furnishing and the soft cheery yellow is a perfect choice of color. Those ceiling lights are an awesome feature! (ambient squares from debug?) The birch tree trunk wall on the loft is a cool touch and I like the brick feature wall with a fireplace.

"SeaFoam Dream" is a brilliant, gorgeous and mature teen bedroom @AlJay. Very clever tricks and furniture placement! Nice details throughout but that aquarium/TV/vanity wall is a top notch! The color combination works great. Only thing giving me negative shivers are the factory like bed posts of steel I-beams with bolts. It fits the overall theme and idea of your room though so it is a clever touch for those who like the style.

"Turquoise Retreat" is a wonderful master bedroom @Allears. The considered and collected use of deep turquoise as a feature color in 1 wall and parts of furniture and moderate decorations and item placements gives the room a professional feel as if made by a real interior designer. I'd say worthy for Maxis nomination!

"Dreams of Africa" is a clever and beautiful master @lsnishi. You've mastered this tricky color with wonderful hue and darkness combinations that are splendidly emphasized by the gorgeous Africa themed art. The rug and window seat patterns are well chosen/made. Another great room worthy for Maxis nomination.

"Mermaid Wishes Bedroom" is a quirky but lovely teen bedroom @ZKirian. Love that water-wall divider. The rugs and large fish floor "art" makes the divided room flow nicely. The seafaring decorations, paintings of mermaids, fish tanks and porthole windows add a deep ocean charm, perfect for the young sailor to be.

"Passionately Red Bedroom" is a movie-like, charming, alluring bedroom for both gloating and tender nights. The shape of the room is rather fun, resembling an antique movie camera @SimTresa. Really like the fact that the bed is pretty much in middle of the room facing the windows for the couple to enjoy the view (unless it's a neighbors concrete wall :D ). The wall color's hue is close to a well cooked salmon but it works with the more passionate red furnishing and decorations.

"Gray Toddler & Child Room" has a very unusual color for children of any age @gladlypants. It's pretty, fascinating, curious and well done. The room has good clear layout and furnishing.

"Amethyst Toddler Room" is a playful, royal bedroom for a little princess @chips46. In your room, the unicorn rug actually looks purple while in mine it looks more pink... I wonder did I click on wrong color swatch :D It's a lovely room and I like the creativity used to make wall art and all those purple bunnies bouncing here and there. Rose's artwork fits the room very well.

Phew... so many gorgeous rooms to admire. And quite lovely variety of colors all in all - taking in consideration of Maxis' palette limitations. Wonderful weekend to everyone! <3<3<3<3<3
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Thank you so much @Gwiniel for your very lovely thoughts on my Turquoise Retreat. It's much appreciated! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,611 Member
    It is very kind and thoughtful of the simmers who have posted about the other rooms in the challenge, and I know that it is very appreciated by the simmers <3 Please though don’t tire yourselves out whilst doing it, and also please don’t anyone feel that they need to do it. Posting that you are enjoying looking at all the other entries is very nice also :)
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your relentless support, care and kind comments with incredible detail and for your concern of everyone's well-being with warm hugs and well-wishes. <3<3<3 Also, I know I don't have to comment individually (not an obligation) but I want to. It kind of helps myself to have a more positive mind/mood when I'm not completely in the depths of depression. For now having quite a good mood - the therapy visit helped although the walk there and back home was hell.

Thank you @SmallAurelius for your lovely review. Heh, yea, sims toddlers can be a tad handful but I'm sure they aren't nearly as much as real ones . Also game sounds can always be muted, if the toddler starts crying or screaming! Too bad there's no mute button irl (neighbors' shrieking kids at times).

Thank you @Fizzstix for your lovely words. Violet/purple/lilac in all shades and hues is also my favorite color after blue. A growing child should have plenty of stimulation to learn and get familiar with the world and to eventually find his/her interests. Luckily in Sims, money isn't an issue!

Thank you @professorlilith for your nice review. No harm done even if you addressed it to another player :) And as SmallAurelius mentioned, I store my pics in imgur.com.

Thank you @TheWoodenslurpy for your lovely comment and congrats to you on becoming a full member. No, I had no reference for the room, not even an idea. Only thing I knew was the color theme and to which family member I wanted to make it. At first I l searched and chose all the main furniture and most decorations before I just began playing around with the furniture on a large flat foundation and put up walls after I had placed the key objects to be able to put wall arts, windows and curtains in place. I changed the placement of the walls a few times.

You're most welcome @SheriGR and thank you for your kind and sweet words of compassion and encouragement.

You're welcome @Allears.
  • Options
    You’re welcome @Gwiniel <3 Thankyou very much for your very special words that you wrote <3 I am glad that the therapy visit helped. I am sorry though that the walk there and back was very hard on you.
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,657 Member
    Thanks so much @Gwiniel for your nice review of my room! Lol, on the beams. I think every girl needs a canopy bed, and it's hard to come up with creative ideas for how to make them look legit. So, steel beams it was 😁
  • Options
    StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
    edited January 2019
    Entry Form
    Challenge 194
    The theme for the week : A one colour bedroom
    Gallery name of room: Pink-a-soarus!!
    Gallery Link: Pink-a-soarus!!
    Origin ID: strongbumblebee

Pink-a-soarus!! This wonderful toddler room is bright, features shades of pinks and grey, and will keep any toddler busy!

9AY5qT2.jpg

Cf6KpRC.jpg

NILSLCw.jpg

fjgdne6.jpg

CGUHoqP.jpg
    Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
  • Options
    Pink - A-Soarus is a very pretty pink and dinosaur themed bedroom for a toddler! @Strongbumblebee :) The dinosaur and colour themed name for the room is very creatively great! Very nice pink colour of the walls and the door. It is nice the way that you have used the grey with the pink. Melody will enjoy sleeping in her pink bed and waking up to sunlight coming in onto her through the bedhead window. The pink edged dinosaur picture on the wall is a great touch! The pink patterned floor rugs under the bed and the study desk chair add a nice look to the room. The pink lamp near the bed looks nice and the pink bunny chair in the corner nook is very cute for her to sit on! Very nice pet themed grey desk table nook! The pink robot and tissues are great touches on the desk, and the pink edged animal pictures that are on the wall are very cute for her to see when sitting there on the pink chair ! Very nice pink armchair corner nook! She will enjoy sitting reading books there from the cute pink pets themed bookcase. The pink lamp and cherry blossom tree print on the wall are very pretty. She will have fun playing with toys from the pink toy box. It is great that there is a penguin tv for her to enjoy watching tv shows in her bedroom. The pink towels are a homely touch on the pink dresser. It is nice that she can look at herself in the pink wall mirror.
    The pink and grey themed furnishing of the toddler bedroom is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Thanks @Gwiniel Purple is one of my favorite colour I agree with you it was difficult to decorate some people can make colours work like magic I change so many times still couldn't decide what to have in the room to decorate with that colour Your room is very cute with the art pictures and sorry reading about your health issues hope you get better <3<3<3 this is why I play this game for distraction I suffer 24/7 with migraine headaches nonstop doctors can't help I dont know what it would be like not to have any migraine headaches just for one day with out it for once but I have to put up with it its difficult to concentrate while I'm building or decorating rooms but I love this game probably why they dont look that great but I'm not worry as long I enjoy what I'm doing and having fun thats all thats maters so expect more of my weird, crazy decorating or builds I have in the gallery :D

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Thank you very much @rosemow :) I like how you describe in detail how I decorate I always love reading your review on my room entry and everyone's as well <3:)
  • Options
    You’re welcome @chips46 :) It is awful that you are suffering with the nonstop migraine headaches :( It would be very tiring and draining for you, and make you feel quite sick. I send hugs to you <3 and a soft pillow to rest your aching head on <3
    All your builds and your rooms are done so very well! They look very great! :)
  • Options
    Not debug items, @Gwiniel. I use the Illuminated Foot Lights. :wink:
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,232 Member
    Thanks, @Gwiniel. Funny thing, I didn't even notice the movie camera thing until you mentioned it! :)
    image.png
  • Options
    Lovely little corner here, but I think it's just not the right space for me. Good luck, everyone. You're all wonderful. Thanks!
  • Options
    Lovely little corner here, but I think it's just not the right space for me. Good luck, everyone. You're all wonderful. Thanks!

Hello @TheWoodenslurpy I am sorry that you don’t feel that this is the right space for you. We have enjoyed looking at your rooms and are thankful for your kindness to fellow simmers. I will continue to enjoy seeing your creations on the Gallery. I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    Thank you @TheWoodenslurpy and everyone else for your kind words on my room. If this isn't your space, I hope you do find it, my dear. <3

I'm sorry if I'm slow to reply to these or don't get everyone. I work from home so sometimes when I'm here I'm not really here, and am super guilty of "just skimming" a lot of the times, heh.
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    Thank you for the wonderful comments on my room @SmallAurelius and @TheWoodenslurpy. And thank you both for taking the time and effort to go through each of the rooms to highlight what makes each one special. :)
    I'm glad I can brighten a day even just a little! I've been quite tired but I'm glad that there's a benefit to picking myself up to put the effort in for others' <3<3
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    Thank you @SmallAurelius for your lovely review. Heh, yea, sims toddlers can be a tad handful but I'm sure they aren't nearly as much as real ones . Also game sounds can always be muted, if the toddler starts crying or screaming! Too bad there's no mute button irl (neighbors' shrieking kids at times).
    IRL toddlers are all backwards too - it should be caregivers taking naps while the toddler cleans the house.

@Strongbumblebee I like the colouring of your room, and that you've left quite a good proportion of space without items (imo). There's a little bit of feedback I would give but I'm not sure if you're after feedback, and overall I think the room is lovely. The arrangement of the photos around the desk looks nice too.
  • Options
    I am sorry that you have been feeling quite tired @SmallAurelius :( I send hugs to you <3 Though sometimes tiredness still remains even after sleeping, I hope that you get some relief from your tiredness after having some times of restful sleep.
  • Options
    Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A One Color Bedroom
    Gallery name of room: Teen Girl's Dream Bedroom
    Origin ID: Kane_Was_There
    Gallery Link: Here!

Martha and her family just moved into a new house, and her parents redid her bedroom in her favorite color, light pink. She has plenty of space to hang out with her BFF Ashley and boyfriend Jayson. She also has room for her favorite pastimes, yoga and dancing with her friends.
    iL3PPhY.png
    AUDO8vD.png
    B9unz02.png
    KSAUO4b.png
    4HIwuKa.png
    6DK5PVX.png
    kpR6Uk7.png
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top