Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2019
    Shadami wrote: »
    Just what I get for reading so many things xD I tend to have bookmarks in at least six books at a time. I'm reading in the kitchen? Oh there is a book there. The bedroom? There is a book there. Ect. XD

And of course so many sim lits. Family trees always help. :)
    And awww thanks! I'm still trying to improve though. It feels like I'm missing stuff still.

I find family trees useful when reading other SimLit Legacies myself.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    1. What other #BuildNewcrest stories have you read? How does this one compare?
    I've been reading New Beginnings by AudreyFld. Her story is plot driven, this one seems to be game driven.

2. What hooked you and made you want to keep reading?
    I didn't get too far yet.

3. What are your thoughts about including Simselves? (This was Legacy's question as a reminder.... how do you feel Legacy handles the introduction and presentation of other Simselves?) Who's your favorite?
    I think it's quite bold to include simselves. I have at least two simselves in my story as well, but I was always a bit nervous whenever I was writing about them, because I have a great respect to their owners. I consider including simselves in my story a tribute to the real people.
    I always liked CathyTea's simself.

@CathyTea is a SimLit icon. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    I follow @Maladi777 's Heffner legacy and AudreyFld 's New Beginnings. Both are heavy-drama plot driven, while this looks like a game driven day-to-day diary.

4. What hooked you and made you want to keep reading?
    So far not much happened, but some one-liners did make me smirk here and there.
    -"I wonder if she’ll still like to when I have my own children."
    -"Cathy was either deciding to smell me (I used bubbles this time, remember?) or was humming a tune."
    -"Be like Taylor Swift and shake it off, shake it off!"

3. What are your thoughts about including Simselves? (This was Legacy's question as a reminder.... how do you feel Legacy handles the introduction and presentation of other Simselves?) Who's your favorite?
    I think I did reply on this one already on another rotation. I wouldn't, because I'd feel weird as there's real people behind it. But I see a lot of people like it when their simselves are in a story, so why not.

Happy you enjoy the dry humor one-liners. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    I've read many other #BuildNewcrest challenge stories and each one is different. I read one by TeaCup Simmer with elements of the Amazon Challenge and witches. I've read Total Rainbow's story which focused more on the founder as mayor of Newcrest. I've read @Thymeless' challenge story, The Centauri Legacy, featuring an alien from Sixam trying to build alien-Sim relations. There's the Blount Legacy by @pixelatedKar where Lexie is an involuntary participant in an experiment to populate and build Newcrest. Of course, @Maladi777's Heffners, with its crime element and adoptees.

Yours is different in that you feature your Simself and other Simselves. Each chapter feels like a journal or diary entry.

2. What hooked you and made you want to keep reading? @CathyTea's CT as a doctor. No really... I wanted to see how that turned out. Plus I like the start simply stories. Joseph's matter-of-fact narration and humor made things interesting too.

Yay or Nay? Definitely yay. You pull it off well, treating each character with respect. Obviously, I've used Simselves in my own stories and I'm always nervous, but inspired. It was hard in my ISBI because I couldn't control anyone, and I was worried the "drama" would alienate readers but it was all game generated so I rolled with it. It's been a little easier in H4TH.

@Meggles' Meg always made me laugh, especially when Joseph ran into the bushes. @CathyTea's Simself always makes me smile. I also I'm know @Julyvee94's July from the community so it was nice to "know" some of these Simselves before reading. Clare is a redhead (because red hair :p is awesome!) and a sweet character so I enjoyed her. Your Simself was fun to read. I feel like everyone's Simself adds a little something to the story, ...and everyone's take/spin/way they write a Simself or others' Simselves is unique.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Just what I get for reading so many things xD I tend to have bookmarks in at least six books at a time. I'm reading in the kitchen? Oh there is a book there. The bedroom? There is a book there. Ect. XD

And of course so many sim lits. Family trees always help. :)
    And awww thanks! I'm still trying to improve though. It feels like I'm missing stuff still.

I find family trees useful when reading other SimLit Legacies myself.

the benders would still be confusing theres 11 kids in generation 1 alone and that doesn't count the 4 from the experiment noel and lauren did.
  • Options
    More Questions for Readers:
    1. If you were asked to build a small neighborhood within a town (like Newcrest), do you think you would be up for the challenge? How so?
    2. I introduced the Cats & Dogs pack into my story in Generation 1. In Generation 2, I introduce the Seasons pack towards the end of the Generation. If you haven't read Generation 2 yet, does reading how I introduced Cats & Dogs intrigue you enough to read on to see how I introduced Seasons?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I do not have the funds to build a small neighborhood, but I do have the knowledge of how to build houses. (With some guidance from my father) I helped him build a house that my sister now lives in from the ground up, so I know a lot of the things that go into the construction. I'm just no master.

I think if I had the funds I could do it, and it would be really fun.
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited January 2019
    1. If you were asked to build a small neighborhood within a town (like Newcrest), do you think you would be up for the challenge? How so?
    2. I introduced the Cats & Dogs pack into my story in Generation 1. In Generation 2, I introduce the Seasons pack towards the end of the Generation. If you haven't read Generation 2 yet, does reading how I introduced Cats & Dogs intrigue you enough to read on to see how I introduced Seasons?

I can answer Question 1 right now will get back to you on Question 2 but now I look forward to the fact that we are looking forward to some puppies or kitties.

Not sure if this question is game or real life related so I will answer both.

If your question pertains to game challenges. Yes I know I am up for the challenge as I am already doing a challenge with a similar theme. So far in the Drifter Challenge every house starts out with zero funds and the town is built up slowly. I was never one for building but it seems easier in Sims 4 than in Sims 3 and challenges like this improves my building skills. I also intend to do a Build Newcrest challenge as soon as I finish The Drifter challenge as I want to continue building this world up.

If you mean if someone asked me in real life, No. I need a nice comfy place to sleep every night, stores to shop in, restaurants and libraries to visit so I would not be interested in building these places. I guess I'm used to my comforts.

• Options

I can answer Question 1 right now will get back to you on Question 2 but now I look forward to the fact that we are looking forward to some puppies or kitties.

Not sure if this question is game or real life related so I will answer both.

If your question pertains to game challenges. Yes I know I am up for the challenge as I am already doing a challenge with a similar theme. So far in the Drifter Challenge every house starts out with zero funds and the town is built up slowly. I was never one for building but it seems easier in Sims 4 than in Sims 3 and challenges like this improves my building skills. I also intend to do a Build Newcrest challenge as soon as I finish The Drifter challenge as I want to continue building this world up.

If you mean if someone asked me in real life, No. I need a nice comfy place to sleep every night, stores to shop in, restaurants and libraries to visit so I would not be interested in building these places. I guess I'm used to my comforts.

You'll get to meet my sim selfie pet. Since I have one in the real world, I had to make one in the sims world too.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    If you were asked to build a small neighborhood within a town (like Newcrest), do you think you would be up for the challenge? How so?
    I actually had to do that some time ago. So yes, I was up to the challenge. I dare to say my building skills have improved since then. Building is still not my thing, though.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    If you were asked to build a small neighborhood within a town (like Newcrest), do you think you would be up for the challenge? How so?
    I actually had to do that some time ago. So yes, I was up to the challenge. I dare to say my building skills have improved since then. Building is still not my thing, though.

How about in the real world? :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member

How about in the real world? :grimace:
    Definitely not! :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    Funny, @Maladi777 @Piazzagirl1015 I'd do it just the opposite xD

If I had the funds, I'd definitely try and build a neighborhood in the real world, that's actually not a bad investment at all.
    For a game challenge - nope. I'm too lazy for that. I do build a house or an appartement here and there if I really need it, but I never would finish a full neighborhood xD
  • Options
    Questions for Readers:
    1. If Joseph didn't marry Clare, who of the other three sim selfies (Cathy, July, or Megs) would you like to have seen him get married to?
    2. What has your favorite scene been (so far) in Generation 1?
    3. What has your least favorite scene been (so far) in Generation 1? -- Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings. In fact it may help in future chapters

@LegacySims2017

1. It's hard to answer. I feel like the story is what it is, and I wasn't rooting for any particular lady because I liked them all and I would've been happy to see him with any of the above.
    2. Joseph's pyro moments made me laugh a little, and any scenes with Joseph being a good dad makes me smile, but this scene was pretty darn cute. :)
    10-11-17_2-14-44-AM.png?resize=1024%2C536 I thought it was pretty awesome that the wait staff watched the proposal and grinned.
    3. I'm not sure so much about a least favorite scene per se, but I suppose at times the prose dragged since you were recapping a day's events. Occasionally, it felt a little monotonous or repetitive.

1. If it were real life, and I had the resources and a good team of people, it might be kind-of fun to build a town. If in the game, I've considered the #BuildNewcrest challenge, but I haven't tried it yet. I've thought about it again though since I've been reading @Morningstar's Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains. I've been thinking about the TS3 rebuild challenge.
    2. I liked how you introduced cats and dogs. I'm a cat lover, so of course, I was super excited when Dulcie appeared.
    11-10-17_12-19-04-AM.png?resize=1024%2C536
    adorable! :blush:

I was trying to remember when you introduced Seasons in Gen 2, but then it occurred to me that was the chapter I hadn't read yet. Off to read now. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    I introduced the Cats & Dogs pack into my story in Generation 1. In Generation 2, I introduce the Seasons pack towards the end of the Generation. If you haven't read Generation 2 yet, does reading how I introduced Cats & Dogs intrigue you enough to read on to see how I introduced Seasons?

yes. i already startted 2.
  • Options
    Even More Questions for Readers:
    1. Who’s your favorite of the triplet children? Why?
    2. How was the ending of Generation 1 for you?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Midweek Memories... for the writer, @LegacySims2017
    1. What's it like for you to reread your own work?
    2. Is there anything you wish you would've done/tried in Gen 1 that you didn't?
    3. How have your expectations changed since starting Gen 1 to now when you're almost ready to start Gen 3?

Midweek Musing... for the readers
    Surprise! You and 1 or 2 of the cast members of #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition have been transported to city very much like Newcrest at its roots, and you will now build the town together. First, which cast members would come with you? Second, what is the first thing you do? Third, what would a benefit of living like a Sim be? A disadvantage?
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    3. How have your expectations changed since starting Gen 1 to now when you're almost ready to start Gen 3?

Surprise! You and 1 or 2 of the cast members of #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition have been transported to city very much like Newcrest at its roots, and you will now build the town together. First, which cast members would come with you? Second, what is the first thing you do? Third, what would a benefit of living like a Sim be? A disadvantage?

i'm a little confused. do you mean which cast from our story or josephs would we take
  • Options

i'm a little confused. do you mean which cast from our story or josephs would we take

cast members of #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition
    :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

cast members of #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition

oh thats easy then joseph and young ju ju. their so alike i'm curious how they would do together.
  • Options
    oh thats easy then joseph and young ju ju. their so alike i'm curious how they would do together.

I bet you didn't choose Junior because...
    He's too good looking to Build Newcrest!

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    1. Brings back good memories of playing the game, not just writing it.
    2. Probably build a better Park. I look back on it and it's bland. :lol:
    3. I wouldn't say my expectations are changing, but more that they are growing. I'm looking to show and do more rather than change and mix things up. Does that kind of answer that question, @AdamsEve1231 ?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

I bet you didn't choose Junior because...
    He's too good looking to Build Newcrest!

lol no to me ju ju is the most like her dad, joseph junior has his name but ju ju and him seem the most a like to me anyway