Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited January 2019
    @LegacySims2017

My favorite triplet is Hope, ...and not just because she's a redhead. :D I love her big heart. <3
    My other comment about why Hope is my favorite feeds into the next question about the ending, but I'll put in spoiler for those who aren't caught up.
    I also paid attention to Hope. She didn’t have that disappointed look. She even told Juju she would help when needed.

This is why I love Hope. She is kind hearted and wants to help her sibling. She is also mature because of her response.

Another thing I like about the ending is how Joseph discusses Jubilee's responsibilities with her to make sure she's informed and prepared. And he sets up expectations for what she needs to accomplish. This shows he's a good dad. The introduction of the potion made me curious as I've never tried one and it encouraged me to keep reading.

I really liked some of your final lines...
    I had a blast sharing my part of my legacy with you all. I am glad you got to see me build the Community Park. I’m joyful you were with me as I invited Clare into my life. And I’m most grateful for the fact you stood with me raising my 3 wonderful triplets.
    This was a nice way to end generation 1.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Midweek Musing... for the readers
    Surprise! You and 1 or 2 of the cast members of #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition have been transported to city very much like Newcrest at its roots, and you will now build the town together. First, which cast members would come with you? Second, what is the first thing you do? Third, what would a benefit of living like a Sim be? A disadvantage?

1. I would take Hope and Junior with me because I'm a fan of balance and it would be fun to continue their story. (I bet you all thought I'd say Joseph :p but I already kidnapped... er... plopped an alternate version of Joseph in one of my stories. No need to monopolize.) :D
    2. First thing I would do is make a plan, assess our skill sets, and resources. Haha. Totally within my personality type. (I've been doing loads of personality type research lately for work and fun).
    3. An advantage of being a Sim in Newcrest... probably the way it's easier to survive off the land and make money faster. (Opps... that's two advantages). :#
    4. A disadvantage of being a Sim in Newcrest... a limited world. I miss the open world and custom worlds of TS3. I'd want more variety.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey everyone, today is the last official day to discuss @LegacySims2017's story. I had fun rereading the story. Tomorrow we begin @Piazzagirl1015's Race Against Time (what generation, PG?)

In the meantime, any final questions for Legacy or any final questions for the readers?

Here's a few of mine...

For @LegacySims2017
    1. Favorite moment in playing/ writing Gen 1?
    2. If you could do the same story in a different TS4 world, which town would you rebuild and why?

For the readers
    1. Have any of you attempted a rebuild challenge (not necessarily specific to #BuildNewcrest)? If so, what advice do you have for Legacy or the rest of us?
    2. What predictions do you have for future generations? What would you like to see in the future story?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,247 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hey everyone, today is the last official day to discuss @LegacySims2017's story. I had fun rereading the story. Tomorrow we begin @Piazzagirl1015's Race Against Time (what generation, PG?)

In the meantime, any final questions for Legacy or any final questions for the readers?

Here's a few of mine...

For @LegacySims2017
    1. Favorite moment in playing/ writing Gen 1?
    2. If you could do the same story in a different TS4 world, which town would you rebuild and why?
    1. Playing/Writing Joseph and Clare taking care of the nooboos.
    2. As much hard work it would be, I would say Windenburg. I would keep the bluffs, ruins, and manor (Or is it a mansion....i forget) that are Club related as is, but rebuild everything else. I like the scenery of Windenburg.

Thank you @AdamsEve1231 , @friendsfan367 , @Shadami , @Piazzagirl1015 , @Maladi777 , and @candycottonchu for sharing your thoughts on #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition! It does mean a lot reading your opinions and reactions. :)
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Yeah I'm sorry I didn't give more this time around. I do enjoy your story and I think you did a great job introducing Dulcie / pets expansion.
    I'm a little scatter brained this past month . And for the next 8 xD

I am just starting the build new rest challenge. Though I'm doing it in Willow Creek. So I don't have much advice on the challenge. I am however having fun with it!
  • Options
    @Shadami Building Willow Creek would be interesting.

@LegacySims2017 I've replaced all of Windenburg with custom lots twice. It's time consuming for sure but the world is beautiful. I just replaced all of Forgotten Hollow but it's a tiny world. Building from scratch isn't something I've done in TS4 though. In TS3, I rebuilt Midnight Hollow once, only about halfway, for a post apocalyptic story I tried but never posted. I'd probably need to be more patient to rebuild a world. Haha.

In terms of future generations, I'm looking forward to the library. I predict fun and close family relationships, which isn't really a prediction; it's more about your playstyle. I really enjoy reading about this family. I think my Simself is set to make an appearance in Gen 6? I look forward to my Simself's presence and can't wait to see what you do with other Simselves who I know from around the community.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@LegacySims2017 I've replaced all of Windenburg with custom lots twice. It's time consuming for sure but the world is beautiful. I just replaced all of Forgotten Hollow but it's a tiny world. Building from scratch isn't something I've done in TS4 though. In TS3, I rebuilt Midnight Hollow once, only about halfway, for a post apocalyptic story I tried but never posted. I'd probably need to be more patient to rebuild a world. Haha.

In terms of future generations, I'm looking forward to the library. I predict fun and close family relationships, which isn't really a prediction; it's more about your playstyle. I really enjoy reading about this family. I think my Simself is set to make an appearance in Gen 6? I look forward to my Simself's presence and can't wait to see what you do with other Simselves who I know from around the community.

Generation 5. Odd numbers are female sim selfies and even ones are male. Unless you want me to hook you up with Joseph Simself the 3rd. :grimace: Then you’re guaranteed to be in the Simself family somewhere.
  • Options

Generation 5. Odd numbers are female sim selfies and even ones are male. Unless you want me to hook you up with Joseph Simself the 3rd. :grimace: Then you’re guaranteed to be in the Simself family somewhere.

Lol. I already offered to take him along with me to my own #BuildNewcrest world. :D To be fair, I said I'd bring Hope too. I forgot which exact generation my Simself would be featured. :# Who are all going to be featured in Gen 3? I recognize @Karilan and @friendsfan367.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Lol. I already offered to take him along with me to my own #BuildNewcrest world. :D To be fair, I said I'd bring Hope too. I forgot which exact generation my Simself would be featured. :# Who are all going to be featured in Gen 3? I recognize @Karilan and @friendsfan367.

You would take Junior ‘n Hope. If you want, can hook you up with his son, which is also @MadameLee ‘s child. Keep the red head in the family going. :grimace:

The other two are @SoulGal7 and @EuphorialQueen :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone, just a reminder today is the first official day of reading for @Piazzagirl1015's Race Against Time story. Since some of you have read further than others, I remind everyone when discussing to use "spoilers." I'm not sure where everyone is at with the story so I'd say start at the beginning. Anything you want us to focus on or consider, @Piazzagirl1015?

I'm looking forward to Emit again. :smiley:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh man! I'm so behind I hadnt even started reading yet! Eep. I'll do that tonight when I finish chores
  • Options
    I have where I left off. Might skim through what I read tho.
  • Options

You would take Junior ‘n Hope. If you want, can hook you up with his son, which is also @MadameLee ‘s child. Keep the red head in the family going. :grimace:

I'm always a fan of that! :#:blush::D

However, isn't that kinda cheating? :p Well... your story isn't an ISBI like my current legacy.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oh man! I'm so behind I hadnt even started reading yet! Eep. I'll do that tonight when I finish chores

It's okay, @Shadami. We have 2 weeks of reading/discussing. You have some time. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'll try and keep up my reading.

my wisdom teeth extraction got pushed back to december 9 . well 8th because the anisthesologist isb't available til then but that means reading is still difficult .
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hey everyone, just a reminder today is the first official day of reading for @Piazzagirl1015's Race Against Time story. Since some of you have read further than others, I remind everyone when discussing to use "spoilers." I'm not sure where everyone is at with the story so I'd say start at the beginning. Anything you want us to focus on or consider, @Piazzagirl1015?

At this point it is difficult for me to point out a generation to focus on as @candycottonchu and @Maladi777 are caught up and waiting for the new update I just started writing this weekend and I believe that @AdamsEve1231 is somewhere in the middle while everyone else is just starting out. Everyone should just read what they are able to and I will try to keep the questions general and if specific to a certain generation I will ask in spoilers. I just posted chapter 83 last week so I know there is a lot to catch up on for new readers.

I know I have been behind the last couple of months there was my health issues and the job training program. However I just finished my presentation for Tuesday night and there is no more school work to be done. Graduation is this Thursday night! I'm back with my sims full time again. Tonight I'm binge reading @LegacySims2017 's story and I plan to pick up where I left off on La Bella Vita. After I catch up I will be my normal self around here again.

• Options
    After I catch up I will be my normal self around here again.

no creative person is completley normal thats boring. if you think about it we all have little quirks .

this isn't a new topic to me i first brought it up in the lounge. :)
  • Options

my wisdom teeth extraction got pushed back to december 9 . well 8th because the anisthesologist isb't available til then but that means reading is still difficult .

@friendsfan367 @Piazzagirl1015's story is pretty easy to binge. We'd love to have you contribute. Last time you had fun things to say about Emit.

Your teeth are still bothering you from over a month ago? Ouch!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

At this point it is difficult for me to point out a generation to focus on as @candycottonchu and @Maladi777 are caught up and waiting for the new update I just started writing this weekend and I believe that @AdamsEve1231 is somewhere in the middle while everyone else is just starting out. Everyone should just read what they are able to and I will try to keep the questions general and if specific to a certain generation I will ask in spoilers. I just posted chapter 83 last week so I know there is a lot to catch up on for new readers.

I know I have been behind the last couple of months there was my health issues and the job training program. However I just finished my presentation for Tuesday night and there is no more school work to be done. Graduation is this Thursday night! I'm back with my sims full time again. Tonight I'm binge reading @LegacySims2017 's story and I plan to pick up where I left off on La Bella Vita. After I catch up I will be my normal self around here again.

Good to see you around, @Piazzagirl1015. I'm somewhere in the middle as you said. Looking forward to more. I enjoy your story premise.

I hope your health continues to improve. Congrats on finishing your school work and on your upcoming graduation. I bet you feel accomplished especially because of your resilience with your health issues.

Enjoy LegacySims2017's story. It's a fun binge. :) You commented awhile ago on my LVB. I need to catch up on comment replies. No rush. Enjoy the read.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 which version of my Simself would you use? I have several. :#

Came across your Duckson Legacy. I binged. I was looking for Granite Falls stories. I will comment soon. I especially liked the bears prank. ;)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

It's okay, @Shadami. We have 2 weeks of reading/discussing. You have some time. :)

Yeah . And I have a really weird schedule going on right now xD . I'm nesting bad and rearranging the entire house. Currently my internet is only through my phone.
  • Options
    Hey everyone, finally another KCLKF update. I thought I'd drop it off here. The story is still active. And I'm working on another H4TH chapter, and hopefully some more LASL chapters, plus I've got a few new stories in the works, though I don't know when all this will be revealed. Haha. I've been a busy bee lately, and the creative energy is flowing.

Screenshot-1054.jpg?w=474&h=356
    Keep calm... and eat pizza. (Read the chapter, and you'll see). ;)
    1.48 Ignored

And if you aren't caught up with KCLKF or haven't started yet, feel free to jump in earlier via the chapter list.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

@friendsfan367 @Piazzagirl1015's story is pretty easy to binge. We'd love to have you contribute. Last time you had fun things to say about Emit.

Your teeth are still bothering you from over a month ago? Ouch!

yeah then once their out i have to wait til the swelling goes downto get the glasses or they won't fit right.
  • Options

Yeah . And I have a really weird schedule going on right now xD . I'm nesting bad and rearranging the entire house. Currently my internet is only through my phone.

Enjoy nesting, @Shadami and congratulations again.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 which version of my Simself would you use? I have several. :#

Came across your Duckson Legacy. I binged. I was looking for Granite Falls stories. I will comment soon. I especially liked the bears prank. ;)

Whichever sim selfie you want me to use? Just let me know which one you want me to use and you want to hook up with Joseph Simself III or be in the running for Generation 5 heir’s wifey.

Ah, the Duckson Legacy. Writing the Granite Falls chapters were fun. I should finish the hermit storyline for you. Did you know Bucky wrote a poem for one of @CathyTea ‘s characters? Poem for Meadow
    Would love to get back into having Bucky write poems for other sim characters.