Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @LegacySims2017 do you have any questions for us to consider as we read your legacy? Or anything you'd like us to focus on?

Well, let's see...

Again, focus is only on Generation 1 (Joseph Simself).

Maybe some opinions on the other sim selfies in the story? Yays or Nays on how they were portrayed?

Other than that, not right now. If anyone is reading or re-reading and has questions, we can focus on those during next week? I'm sure I can try and come up with some other questions by then. :grimace:

(I know @friendsfan367 really enjoyed my outdoors bathroom moments.)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2019
    @LegacySims2017 do you have any questions for us to consider as we read your legacy? Or anything you'd like us to focus on?

Well, let's see...

Again, focus is only on Generation 1 (Joseph Simself).

Maybe some opinions on the other sim selfies in the story? Yays or Nays on how they were portrayed?

Other than that, not right now. If anyone is reading or re-reading and has questions, we can focus on those during next week? I'm sure I can try and come up with some other questions by then. :grimace:

(I know @friendsfan367 really enjoyed my outdoors bathroom moments.)

in my defense since i'm tired weird humor is funny. plus when i rode a bus that was me, :)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Happy Friday, WW! How are you all doing? I'm enjoying re-reading @LegacySims2017's story Gen 1, ...and thinking of questions. :)

Also trying to stay dry. Freezing rain here today.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Happy Friday, WW! How are you all doing? I'm enjoying re-reading @LegacySims2017's story Gen 1, ...and thinking of questions. :)

Stay warm, too. No rain here, but it’s cold. 17 degrees. Brrrr.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Thank you. You too. It's in the 30's here. I wish it would pick rain or snow, not both. Slush on the roads after dark isn't fun.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Thank you. You too. It's in the 30's here. I wish it would pick rain or snow, not both. Slush on the roads after dark isn't fun.

The sun shined this afternoon, so it warmed up to mid to late 20s. The snow is almost all melted.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

The sun shined this afternoon, so it warmed up to mid to late 20s. The snow is almost all melted.

Our snow doesn't stick often. We're blessed with sunshine. :)

Tonight is actually really pretty. Fat flakes over the city lights.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Good Time Zones, WW peeps! Today begins discussion of @LegacySims2017's
    #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition.

For the readers
    1. What other #BuildNewcrest stories have you read? How does this one compare?
    2. What hooked you and made you want to keep reading?
    3. What are your thoughts about including Simselves? (This was Legacy's question as a reminder.... how do you feel Legacy handles the introduction and presentation of other Simselves?) Who's your favorite?

For the writer
    1. What inspired you to begin this story?
    2. Are you more of a plotter/planner or a game-driven writer and why?
    3. As a legacy writer, what makes your legacy different (and unique) from other legacies?

Happy reading/ discussing!
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

For the writer
    1. What inspired you to begin this story?
    2. Are you more of a plotter/planner or a game-driven writer and why?
    3. As a legacy writer, what makes your legacy different (and unique) from other legacies?

Happy reading/ discussing!
    1. I enjoyed seeing all them sim selfies and thought it’d be fun to do a story with them. I didn’t know what to write or how to start, tho. I looked through challenges to see where I could start. Nothing was looking interesting until I came across the Build Newcrest Challenge. It was a good way to start fresh.
    2. I’m in the middle at 50/50. I play game-driven and then I see a plot forming and run with it by forcing things all the while still letting the game do its thing.
    3. I think mine is a bit different that I base on an in-game day by day Legacy rather than only important moments. Re-reading chapters, I see some days/chapters can be a bit dull, but it contributes to the story in whole.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    3. What are your thoughts about including Simselves? (This was Legacy's question as a reminder.... how do you feel Legacy handles the introduction and presentation of other Simselves?) Who's your favorite?
    2i stsrted it in the summer so work was nuts and still is but the chapters were just the right length for my tired eyes.

i think joseph knows who my favorite is pretty sure he mentioned it already my fav .............................is joseph.

since i'm just starting gen2 i haven't read that far.
  • Options
    2i stsrted it in the summer so work was nuts and still is but the chapters were just the right length for my tired eyes.

i think joseph knows who my favorite is pretty sure he mentioned it already my fav .............................is joseph.

We're only discussing Gen 1 this time, @friendsfan367. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

We're only discussing Gen 1 this time, @friendsfan367. :)

i know but i had started that already. i didn't get behind on my reading til i kept having dr appointments.
  • Options

i haven't read others. legacy was first.

i think i did all the questions :):)
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

For the readers
    3. What are your thoughts about including Simselves? (This was Legacy's question as a reminder.... how do you feel Legacy handles the introduction and presentation of other Simselves?) Who's your favorite
    1) I haven't actually read any others yet .. wait no someone is two chapters in and I started reading that. But I don't have a huge opinion yet because it is just starting. I also have my own but I always think something by me is worse :smiley:

2) it was really interesting reading a sim selfie story. And I hadn't seen there challwnge before and I just really enjoyed how legacy was writing it. The social media aspect being included so that we were the public in two ways was fun.

3) I have a bad habit of losing track of characters but my plan is to reread . I of course have a soft spot for Joseph with him being in two stories I enjoy
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    I'm only on chapter 13 but I will answer what I can. The chapters are easy to read so I'm sure I will catch up soon. If I feel I don't have enough info I will come back to that question.

@Maladi777 's story The Heffners is a Build Newcrest story which is the only one I read so far. I know many of the Drifters including myself are planning on doing this challenge after completing house 24 so I will be reading those. I don't think I read enough into Joe's story to compare them

I'm still at the beginning so I'm looking to see what happens next.

I think it is fun especially for the people behind Simselves to see themselves in a story and how they will fit in with the sims. It almost makes me want to create a sim self (Key Word-Almost) I'm always afraid of choosing favorites when there are real people behind the characters but Joe is the star of this one and at the point I am at I only really seen him. I also love him in @AdamsEve1231 's story so I will say Joe.

• Options
    Questions for Readers:
    1. If Joseph didn't marry Clare, who of the other three sim selfies (Cathy, July, or Megs) would you like to have seen him get married to?
    2. What has your favorite scene been (so far) in Generation 1?
    3. What has your least favorite scene been (so far) in Generation 1? -- Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings. In fact it may help in future chapters
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Don't worry about Generation 2 yet as @AdamsEve1231 mentioned.

Thank you for the compliment on your favorite so far. :blush: My sim selfie will always have a place in my heart as well through the ten generations.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

Shadami wrote: »

For the readers
    3. What are your thoughts about including Simselves? (This was Legacy's question as a reminder.... how do you feel Legacy handles the introduction and presentation of other Simselves?) Who's your favorite
    1) I haven't actually read any others yet .. wait no someone is two chapters in and I started reading that. But I don't have a huge opinion yet because it is just starting. I also have my own but I always think something by me is worse :smiley:

2) it was really interesting reading a sim selfie story. And I hadn't seen there challwnge before and I just really enjoyed how legacy was writing it. The social media aspect being included so that we were the public in two ways was fun.

3) I have a bad habit of losing track of characters but my plan is to reread . I of course have a soft spot for Joseph with him being in two stories I enjoy
    1. Nonsense. You're doing a great job on yours.
    2. Since I am writing it through the eyes of the heir, I thought it would be fun to have the readers be part of the social media group they are talking and blogging to.
    3. I have a family tree available. It contains major spoilers if you haven't got through Generation 2, tho.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Just what I get for reading so many things xD I tend to have bookmarks in at least six books at a time. I'm reading in the kitchen? Oh there is a book there. The bedroom? There is a book there. Ect. XD

And of course so many sim lits. Family trees always help. :)
    And awww thanks! I'm still trying to improve though. It feels like I'm missing stuff still.
  • Options

Don't worry about Generation 2 yet as @AdamsEve1231 mentioned.

Thank you for the compliment on your favorite so far. :blush: My sim selfie will always have a place in my heart as well through the ten generations.

i kind of have to read beyond1. somehow i got tricked in to hosting bc. for joseph and the simselvers. so while i'm reading just 1 for here i have to read more than that .

but i love them all joseph and ju ju are my current faves i can't say more than that without spoilers.

my nervousness about bc is just this. wait when did we start that i was reading....... i'm always forgetting to look at the schedule. the good news is by the time your turn comes i should at least be healthy. :):):)
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    I've been reading New Beginnings by AudreyFld. Her story is plot driven, this one seems to be game driven.

I didn't get too far yet.

I think it's quite bold to include simselves. I have at least two simselves in my story as well, but I was always a bit nervous whenever I was writing about them, because I have a great respect to their owners. I consider including simselves in my story a tribute to the real people.
    I always liked CathyTea's simself.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    edited January 2019
    I follow @Maladi777 's Heffner legacy and AudreyFld 's New Beginnings. Both are heavy-drama plot driven, while this looks like a game driven day-to-day diary.

4. What hooked you and made you want to keep reading?
    So far not much happened, but some one-liners did make me smirk here and there.
    -"I wonder if she’ll still like to when I have my own children."
    -"Cathy was either deciding to smell me (I used bubbles this time, remember?) or was humming a tune."
    -"Be like Taylor Swift and shake it off, shake it off!"

I think I did reply on this one already on another rotation. I wouldn't, because I'd feel weird as there's real people behind it. But I see a lot of people like it when their simselves are in a story, so why not.
  • Options
    I follow @Maladi777 's Heffner legacy and AudreyFld 's New Beginnings. Both are heavy-drama plot driven, while this looks like a game driven day-to-day diary.

4. What hooked you and made you want to keep reading?
    So far not much happened, but some one-liners did make me smirk here and there.
    -"I wonder if she’ll still like to when I have my own children."
    -"Cathy was either deciding to smell me (I used bubbles this time, remember?) or was humming a tune."
    -"Be like Taylor Swift and shake it off, shake it off!"

I think I did reply on this one already on another rotation. I wouldn't, because I'd feel weird as there's real people behind it. But I see a lot of people like it when their simselves are in a story, so why not.

mine is currently in adamandeves. her life is way more intresting than mine. lol
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Questions for Readers:
    1. If Joseph didn't marry Clare, who of the other three sim selfies (Cathy, July, or Megs) would you like to have seen him get married to?
    2. What has your favorite scene been (so far) in Generation 1?
    3. What has your least favorite scene been (so far) in Generation 1? -- Be honest, you won't hurt my feelings. In fact it may help in future chapters

I'm definitely going to have to read further along in order to answer these. I'm around chapter 16 as of now.