Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Thank you @rosemow I can post my own images now. I've been working on my room most of the day, with some breaks, and its mostly finished. Just have to play test it to make sure the kitties can get to everything. Too bad you cant directly control the cats. Much like irl :wink:

I'm thinking I'll have to make a little sim house next to my room for Gracie while I'm watching for the cats to explore it all.

I will look forward to seeing your room! @PitlordMaggie :) I hope that the playtesting goes well.
    These link threads explain how to post the pictures.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942493/how-do-you-insert-photos
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited January 2019
    Entry Form
    The theme for the week: A furnished room for three little kittens
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery name of room: You Shall Have No Pie
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EF81CB2A148611E98EA7DCDB07AD48B5
    Back Story:
    Mother Cat is making sure none of her 3 naughty kittens try to sneak a piece of pie after they lost their mittens, so she locked the gate with the pie on the counter. In this case, the kids' are furry, and this is their bedroom!
    Note:
    1.The pictures of the Three Little Kittens are by #roseymow, and the picture of the apple pie is by me.
    2. The breadbox on the fireplace mantle holds cat treats for the kittens.
    screenshots
    IjioBeD.jpg
    bird’s eye view of the room
    kWR61Wr.jpg
    from the other direction
    eAJfEUb.jpg
    one of the kittens learning to use the scratching post
    IcFRgEe.jpg
    one view of the kittens' bedroom
    CUIsB04.jpg
    another view of the room
    bG5rAtk.jpg
    Two of the kittens attempt to sneak a piece of pie
    UR9Vxd2.jpg
    bird's eye view of the pie area --- Mother Cat guards the area.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    Hi @rosemow Cool challenge, I'm going to see if I can give it a go!
    I don't have Pets EP so I'm doing babies. Do you mean babies life stage and therefore 3x bassinets, or toddlers? Or a combo? TIA
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow Cool challenge, I'm going to see if I can give it a go!
    I don't have Pets EP so I'm doing babies. Do you mean babies life stage and therefore 3x bassinets, or toddlers? Or a combo? TIA

Hello @SmallAurelius :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice that you are planning on creating a room for this week’s challenge. Thankyou ! :) The triplets are babies, so the room would need to have three bassinets.
    I will look forward to seeing your room! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    You Shall Have No Pie is a very creatively great room for the kittens! @coolsim9999999 :) Very nice design of the room! It looks very great that the apple pie is locked away in the fenced area, because the kittens lost their mittens! It is a special touch that you have an apple pie painting that your sim painted on the wall! The little cat statues are a great touch on the counter. The butterflies wall pattern and the pretty white butterflies on the other wall are nice in the room, to reflect that cats chase butterflies. The starry nightlight is nice on the wall. Very nice cheery yellow colour scheme of the room! The kittens will have fun playing on the cat tree and with toys from the pet toy box. The three food bowls and three pet beds are a nice touch in a row on the two patterned oval floor rugs. They will enjoy sleeping and eating their meals together. The cat decal prints and cat pictures from the expansion look great on the walls! Thankyou very much for using my kittens pictures in your room! :) Very nice armchairs and sofa seats sitting areas. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching the kittens, or the kittens will enjoy napping on the seating when tired. The yellow flowers on the back of the sofa is pretty. It is great that there are cat posts for the kittens to use,and a litter boxes section. The fireplace will keep the room and the kittens warm. It is a nice touch that the bread box on the fireplace ledge holds cat treats for the kittens .The kittens are very cute! <3 It is great photos of the kittens trying to sneak some pie, but mother cat is on guard of the pie! The name of the room is great!
    The cat themed furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited January 2019
    Thank you very much for your awesome and very detailed review of my kitten bedroom @rosemow B):):D! I’m really happy that you like the name of the room, all the details, the sections of the room (especially the pie nook and how Mother cat is guarding the pie/the kittens trying to sneak a piece of pie, your pictures <3 that I used, as well as my apple pie picture, the oval rugs with the cat food bowls in a row, the cat beds on the other oval rug in a row, the window seats with yellow flowers, the fireplace, the scratching posts and litter box area next to it, the other seating, and the C&D pictures that I used on the walls, the butterflies, as well as the kittens, themselves <3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    Kitten Playroom @ArrowBuilds is such a lovely soft coloured room and I love the idea of the cats jumping from shelf to shelf! it looks so good with the cat stickers on them and the scratching tree at the last one ;):)

@coolsim9999999 your 'You Shall Have No Pie' with mummy cat guarding the pie is so cute. I love the sunny yellow and some objects there are 3 of them to make sure the kittens all get a fair share. Great decorations with the pictures and butterflies that it they moved all the cats would be after them! :):D
  • Options
    DrearienDrearien Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, this is my first time entering this challenge! This looked really interesting, so I wanted to give it a try :smile:
    I have done my entry and uploaded it to the gallery, wanted to post pics and links, but it wouldn't let me :confused:
    My Origin ID: 50ShadesofNoot and the name of the room on gallery is: Kittens Playroom :smiley:
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    edited January 2019
    Welcome @Drearien :) It's a lovely room and the kittens (specially real ones) will love that pile of rugs in middle of the room <3<3<3 Rosemow has posted how to proceed as a new member on several post in this thread with proper links. Have a look :)

Meanwhile here's the link to your Gallery and the kitten room:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FD8FD96314D211E98AFC05DB1F9D54CF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=50ShadesofNoot&max=50&maxis=false&setLocale=en-us
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Drearien Hello there stranger!

I will give you a copy of the message Rosemow sends to new members who can't post links:

"Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here. I can then post the pictures for you . You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
    I will look forward to seeing the pictures of your room :)"

You can also find some information here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942493/how-do-you-insert-photos

So if you follow those instructions you can still put together the Entry Form. I've pasted in the information needed to complete the form under here, so you can easily copy and paste.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week:
    Gallery name of room :
    Origin id :
    Pictures of the room :

Now @Gwiniel has already provided you the link to your room from the online gallery :blush: If you use this link I'm posting under here (and even save it to your browser) you can find your online gallery. It's basically a search of your OriginID.

https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=50shadesofnoot&max=50&maxis=false

Handy to have so you can always easily find your builds, whether it's an earlier one, or the latest.

I know it's a bit overwhelming when you first get here, but you will very soon get the hang of things! Love the room too btw!

/Ninni
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Entry Form
    The theme for the week: A furnished room for three little kittens
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name of room: A Kitten's Nature Retreat
    Photos of the room
    lUGzUvj.png
    Overhead View
    jGvPWOM.png
    EkdxMDc.png
    GE4bxdU.png
    iK8JeT6.png
    DT2OTtb.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Drearien wrote: »
    Hey, this is my first time entering this challenge! This looked really interesting, so I wanted to give it a try :smile:
    I have done my entry and uploaded it to the gallery, wanted to post pics and links, but it wouldn't let me :confused:
    My Origin ID: 50ShadesofNoot and the name of the room on gallery is: Kittens Playroom :smiley:

Hello @Drearien :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :)
    Gwiniel and Ninnster have very kindly posted infornation about posting screenshots of your room. It will be very nice to see the pictures that you post of your room :) I will post the pictures for you.
    Happy simming! :)
    Thankyou very much for your caring help @Gwiniel and @Ninnster :)<3

You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    A Kitten's Nature Retreat Is such a very creatively designed room! @AlJay :) It looks so very great the way that it is in the shape of a kitten! The lemon and green colour scheme of the room looks very nice. Very nice furnishing of each of the areas of the room! It looks a very nice natural themed room. Very nice nook area where the kittens can enjoy sleeping on the pet beds. It is great that there are three different versions of the beds, and the branches wall divider and bird house looks great there. I hope that the kittens don’t eat the fish that are in the fish bowl on the stump table! The clouds shelves, and lit tree prints are a nice nature touch on the walls, and the jackaloupe looks cute in the room! The nature themed wallpaper gives a nice look to the room.The three food bowls look great together on the paw print patterned rugs. The kittens will have lots of fun playing with the toys from the pets toy box, and on the cat tree.The kittens in your pictures are so cute! It is a great touch that there is a pathway of paw prints that lead to the litter box nook. Very nice armchairs and cushions nook area where the kittens can enjoy napping on the colourful cushions, or Gracie can enjoy sitting in the armchair watching her kittens playing. Thankyou so very much for using my kittens pictures in your room! :) The kittens would enjoy playing in the room with the sunshine coming in onto them through the windows.
    It is a very nice room for the kittens! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    Kittens Playroom
    @Drearien
    01.jpg
    https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FD8FD96314D211E98AFC05DB1F9D54CF
    The cat themed furnishing of your room is very nice! :) The blue colour of the walls gives a nice look to the room. It is great that there are three cat trees for the kittens to have fun playing on. Very nice curtained windows sleeping area for the kittens to enjoy napping on the pet beds in the sunshine that comes through the windows. The three types of pet beds is a great touch. The three overlapping floor rugs in the middle of the room look great there. The kittens will have fun playing on the rugs with toys from the pet toy box.. It is good that there are three litter boxes for the kittens to use. They will enjoy eating food from their own special pet food bowl. Thankyou so very much for using my kitten pictures in your room! :)
    The furnishing of the room is very nice for the kittens! Thankyou very much for entering a room in this week’s challenge, and I hope that you will also enter future room challenges also :)

I will add more to what I write when you post the screenshots but I just wanted to write about the room from the Gallery picture :)
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I don't know why, but I attempted the challenge this week. LOL (And, do forgive me for the unoriginal gallery name and a couple of bad screenshots--can I get a "yikes!" from the chat? heh)

Theme for the week: room for 3 kitties
    Gallery name of room : Room for 3 Kitties
    Origin id : bookmaster325
    Pictures of the room :
    I'm grabbing the URLs from my Tumblr, so if they're small, go to
    http://pearladyplays.tumblr.com/post/181901224505/the-room-for-3-kitties

Entrance view:
    tumblr_inline_pl4ktqTHNC1szx16w_500.png

Litter station:
    tumblr_inline_pl4m1men5p1szx16w_500.png

Windowseat area:
    tumblr_inline_pl4m1tXAl01szx16w_500.png

Sleep/"exercise" aka scratching area:
    tumblr_inline_pl4m1cNof31szx16w_500.png

Sitting area:
    tumblr_inline_pl4m1ugacE1szx16w_500.png

Overhead:
    tumblr_inline_pl4m10mK5A1szx16w_500.png

That's it. Going back under my rock again. Happy simming, y'all! ~waves~

Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    Hello @PearLady :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very great and nice that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! :) I will soon post about your very nice room for the kittens but just wanted to welcome you to the thread first. I hope that you will also enjoy entering future room challenge also :)
  • Options
    The pet themed furnishing of Room for 3 kitties is very nice! @PearLady :) Very nice design of the room! It looks very nice that the outdoors has been brought indoors with the butterflies and plants wallpaper, the trees on wall and the sunny sun and cloud prints in the sky. The cute animal pictures look great on each of the trees! The plants look nice on the wall, with the cat mirror in between them. The cat print , cat cakendar and fish bowl print look great on the other walls. It is nice that there are three different coloured cat trees for the kittens to each have their own one, and the different coloured pet beds look nice between them. The kittens will enjoy napping there. Very nice nook area where they can each have their own litter station to use, and also enjoy playing with pet toys from the pet box. The curtained sofa seat sitting nook is very nice! The patterned curtains are very pretty! Gracie will enjoy sitting there or in the armchairs with her kittens or watching them playing with the toys. The fish tank coffee table in the middle of the room is great! It is good that the fish is within the giass and the kittens can’t get to them! The cat statues and cat vase plant are a nice touch on top of the coffee table, and the cat wands are great for Gracie to use with the kittens. It is nice that there are automatic feed bowls on the edges of the table so as the kittens don’t run out of food. It is nice that they are on the pretty and colourful flower rugs. They will enjoy eating the pet treats that are on the corner nook table. It is great that there is a pet door that that they can use. Thankyou very much for using my kitten pictures in your room! :) The no dogs mat is great in the room!
    The furnishing and design of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited January 2019
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A furnished room for three little kittens
    Gallery name of room : Quad Kitty Rooms
    Origin id : Fizzstix
    Link to website gallery: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1830685113F911E9883BADD8C8E84D99

I used a limited amount of base game, and mostly Cats & Dogs EP. The from above screen shot was taken before I play tested it.. However, it is uploaded to the gallery with the items that weren't accessible now playable. My thought was to give the kitties 4 different themed areas.. one for eating and napping, one for training, one for play and one for climbing cat trees.

Since the rooms were relatively small and had lots of angles and walls, this was hard to take pictures of. LOL

46638390432_a944f6fe16.jpg
    46638390402_488d2d74f5.jpg

Spoiler enabled due to multiple pictures
    My sim meeting the kitties... This is Yogi. (I downloaded this sim from the gallery, but forgot to check for who created her.)
    45775915075_2d378dbbd4.jpg
    giving snuggles... This is Henry.
    45966322114_64accce54b.jpg
    And this is Monty.
    46638390062_a1e3a649d3.jpg
    46638390142_e6bcf99947.jpg
    A couple angles into the resting room.
    46638390022_f540037b03.jpg
    45966321984_791cd8e489.jpg
    Henry just chilling in the hallway.
    45966321954_843f056423.jpg
    More playtime!
    46638389892_6f1ef029fd.jpg
    46638389752_4d6f95bd39.jpg
    Admiring a painting of 3 little kittens.. (who look very similar to her own kittens)
    46638389792_a4c2a976cb.jpg
    Henry, Monty and Yogi
    45776959585_b427c612fb_o.jpg
    46638389662_e924c13861.jpg
    46638389602_69cc2b2759.jpg
    Henry and Yogi snuggling each other.
    46638389412_b0867a2e77.jpg
    Laser light play time!
    45966321664_ecda0a72ec.jpg
    Since I put in the mouse hole.. mice will run around as well. I wish we could send our cats after the mice.. but alas, there wasn't an option for that when I clicked on my kitties. I aged the cats up to play test as well.. that is when I tried to send the cat after the mouse.
    46638389302_113b5cf3d3.jpg
    Here she is setting a mouse trap.
    46638389252_94fdbc732e.jpg
    Post edited by Fizzstix on
  • Options
    Henry, Yogi and Monty are very cute kittens! @Fizzstix <3 The pictures of them with Gracie are very nice! :)
    Very nice furnishing and layout of Quad Kitty Rooms! :) It looks very nice and great the way that the room has been divded into four sections. The fish bone curtains are a great touch in the room! The obstacle course area looks great! It is great that the outdoors has been brought indoors with the grassy flooring, the outdoors patterned wallpaper and the tree print on the wall.. Very nice nook area where the kittens will enjoy playing the cat trees. The purple colour scheme of the rooms is very nice, and the patterned flooring , patterned floor rugs and paw print rug gives a great look to the nook room areas. It is great that there is an area where they can sleep on the pet bed, enjoy food from the pet feeder and use the litter station. The large soft cat is cute in the room! The type of ceiling lights used in the room looks very nice. Thankyou very much for using my kitten pictures in your room! :) Gracie and the kittens look like they are having fun with the cat wand! The cat vase plant and cat statue look great on the cat themed table and dresser. I hope that the kittens don’t reach into the fish bowl there! They will enjoy eating the pet treats that are in the corner nook. The cat and fish bowl prints look great on the walls. It is a great touch that a robo vacuum is in the room also! The kittens would like seeing the mice running around as a result of you putting in the mouse hole!
    The design of the room with the four nook areas looks great! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    DrearienDrearien Posts: 5 New Member
    @Gwiniel Thank you and thanks for the help, I will take a look! :)

@Ninnster Why hello there! ^^
    Thank you for posting the links, I will have to take a look at them.
    Yes, it's a lot to take in. But I'm sure it will be easy, once I just figure everything out :)
    Thank you, I had a lot of fun making it. Oh, and thanks for sharing the link to this challenge :D

@rosemow Thank you :)
    I think I got everything figured out now, thanks to everyone being so helpful! :)

Ok, so here's the links for the images, if I have done it right.
    h.t.t.p.s.://i.imgur.com/DPjcy1y.png?1
    h.t.t.p.s.://i.imgur.com/K17VCPl.png
    h.t.t.p.s.://i.imgur.com/uIg11h1.png
    h.t.t.p.s.://i.imgur.com/wVWFOwM.png
    h.t.t.p.s.://i.imgur.com/1dAJn6l.png
    h.t.t.p.s.://i.imgur.com/LyV7HD6.png
  • Options
    Drearien wrote: »
    @Gwiniel Thank you and thanks for the help, I will take a look! :)

@Ninnster Why hello there! ^^
    Thank you for posting the links, I will have to take a look at them.
    Yes, it's a lot to take in. But I'm sure it will be easy, once I just figure everything out :)
    Thank you, I had a lot of fun making it. Oh, and thanks for sharing the link to this challenge :D

@rosemow Thank you :)
    I think I got everything figured out now, thanks to everyone being so helpful! :)

Ok, so here's the links for the images, if I have done it right.
    DPjcy1y.png

K17VCPl.png

uIg11h1.png

wVWFOwM.png

1dAJn6l.png

LyV7HD6.png

• Options
    Kittens Playroom @Drearien
    https://www.ea.com/nb-no/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FD8FD96314D211E98AFC05DB1F9D54CF

I will add onto what I wrote earlier :)
    The cat themed furnishing of your room is very nice! :) The blue colour of the walls gives a nice look to the room. It is great that there are three cat trees for the kittens to have fun playing on. The cat prints on the wall with each of the cat trees looks great! The tree and cloud prints on the walls are a nice touch, bringing the outdoors inside. Very nice curtained windows sleeping area for the kittens to enjoy napping on the pet beds in the sunshine that comes through the windows. The three types of pet beds there is a great touch. The three overlapping floor rugs in the middle of the room look great there! The kittens will have lots of fun playing on the rugs with toys from the pet toy box. It is good that there are three litter boxes for the kittens to use. They will enjoy eating food from their own special pet food bowl. It is great that the food bowls are on a no dogs rug! Thankyou so very much for using my kitten pictures in your room! :) Very nice shelving and cabinet corner nook. The items from the laundry pack look great there, and the pink flowers are very pretty! The cat statue is nice on the shelving. It is great that there are tasty pet treats there, ready for Gracie to give to her kittens! Very nice sofa seat sitting nook for Gracie and her kittens to enjoy sitting relaxing together. The cat vase plant on the coffee table is nice for Gracie to see as she is sitting there.The corner display shelving unit looks homely, and the flowers and candles are very nice on the wall shelving. The cat prints look great on the walls there!
    The furnishing of the room is very nice for the kittens! Thankyou very much for entering a room in this week’s challenge, and I hope that you will also enter future room challenges also :)
  • Options
    FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for the review of my room. Glad you liked it and saw all the details I put into it. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top