Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So apparently Rosebud isn't the only hint to a classic movie in the Sims game. anyone Want to know what else is a nod to a classic movie?

Me! I'm curious now.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    So apparently Rosebud isn't the only hint to a classic movie in the Sims game. anyone Want to know what else is a nod to a classic movie?

Me! I'm curious now.

It's A Wonderful Life used the same term we call the sims' money (Simoleans) in a scene from the movie.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Me! I'm curious now.

It's A Wonderful Life used the same term we call the sims' money (Simoleans) in a scene from the movie.

That's cool. Though i don't think I've heard of that movie before.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Me! I'm curious now.

That's cool. Though i don't think I've heard of that movie before.

It's one of those movies which sort of failed at the box office but became important (presumbley) when it was aired on TV. If you ever heard of James Stewart he's in the movie as the main character George Bailey who had a rough life. I believe it might have been the only time in a movie that a fictional character chooses to throw his life away. But using a bit of (what I think) is "Christmas Carol" magic- he sees what life would have been like without him and he ends up NOT.

Don't know if you heard of the line "When the bell rings/an angel get his wings?" it's comes from the movie. Along with the classics like Gone with the Wind's "Frankly, My dear, I don't give a..." , "We aren't in Kansas anymore" "ET PHONE HOME", or "I'll BE BACK"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Merry Christmas to everyone on the Sims Forum and the Sims Gallery. May all of you have a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for reading my simlit, posting on my threads, and downloading my sims and builds. Here is a little gift from me in appreciation. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Happy Holidays from Mamasquirrel. Santa Claus and the Christmas house is available on the gallery. If you would like a look first, head over to my threads. Santa is on my sims thread and the house is on my builds.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Happy birthday @Acarb90, @MedleyMisty and @StoriedStorm! Hope you all have a wonderful day and year!
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    its my turn to be featured in willingy writing so lots of updates this week.

i wasn't supposed to go til after the holidays. so will see how it goes.
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Just letting y'all know that my "season finale" chapter of The Candle Lit Chronicles is now live on my blog! https://thecandlelitchronicles.blogspot.com/2018/12/part-15.html
    (I say season finale mostly because it's long and will lead into the next phase of the story.) :3
    Happy holidays everyone! <3
  • Options
    Don't have too worry about supper tonight-it's bowling snack night!!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
  • Options
    Sorry to spam the thread but I added pics to the last LL chapter! :smile:
  • Options
    I can finally relax now after a LONG day
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    So I should just use the original plan but make it look like AMERICA is the one whose the gold-digger and not (David) like I originally had?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    So I should just use the original plan but make it look like AMERICA is the one whose the gold-digger and not (David) like I originally had?

I like this idea !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I like this idea !

maybe since they're younger then 10-I should go with the try and true idea of cooties (boys and girls) don't like cooties suppodely and that's what each other is suppose to have.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @Munterbacon just thought I'd let you know I'm downloading more boredomcuties because I still have to fill my gloomy goth town xD and I just started playing the file again.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    @Munterbacon just thought I'd let you know I'm downloading more boredomcuties because I still have to fill my gloomy goth town xD and I just started playing the file again.

i have my very own munter cutie. my save was eaten a while back and i lost a chracter not abender well a bender by marriage. and i was like no i can't get her back........then i got a idea.
    ask munter to recreate her. he was reading the benders at the time.

me . please make her.
    munter i'm busy .

me.pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

munter i'm busy.

2 and a half days later he caved. lol

but i should mention on his birthday just after jungle adventure came out i made him 2 sims.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    So interesting no matter who feeds America she always gets yogurt but yet her twin sister gets junk (I don't know what she got the first time but the 2nd time it looked to be fruit loops)
    '
    guess my idea wasn't 100% accurate
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Good news everyone. Lana CC Finds is still available to view even if the person reblogging everything has probably left. :)
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 it was still avaible yesterday. Apparently some tumblers folks were doing a 24hr log-off protest
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Apperently-I discovered that my Game-only Everyday outfits for my Anneorine religion is "Disney bound" sort of and I knew of it and what it was..but I wasn't thinking when I was dressing my sim (except that I bet that my Disney-bound out of the "servant" outfit wouldn't be allowed in the Disney parks)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    For those writing legacy @CitizenErased14 how do you decided when a person should pass away? (Tag anyone who needs it)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    For those writing legacy @ CitizenErased14 how do you decided when a person should pass away? (Tag anyone who needs it)
    For me personally, I'm not Citizen, but its whenever the time feels right. Although haven't killed off a main character yet. I think the first one is coming soon in one of my stories. In that case, the reason for the timing is based on the plot. I need the character to die to allow other things to happen in the plot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top