Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you've discovered in Get Famous

Comments

• Options
    ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    Today I discovered the way I'm going to spend all my aspiration points -- on mood potions during acting. I always run out of rewards that I actually want, and the potions are perfect for getting my sim into certain moods to perform scenes.
  • Options
    djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    lol. I just noticed that the turntable spins on the new retro stereo!

@fullspiral great find, on a sidebar, that cc hair on your sims avatar got me seriously trying to talk myself into using cc again. I love that hair
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    I just wanted to share how the Talent Showcase works after searching around, the Talent Showcase event happens at regular lounges and usually for 2 days in a row, the Talent showcases don't have a winner, because after the second Talent showcase the Starlight Accolades usually follow after the two showcases in Del Sol Valley, Studio PBP and the award ceremony will start if you did good in the talent showcase, you will get your reward, if you did bad you won't get your reward. So the winners of the Talent showcase is announced at the Studio PBP Lounge, so there is no recognition at the regular lounges because its a 3 day event. To earn your reward you must be present, I think during that event the bouncer will let everyone in.

So I hope this information helps, this is one way to earn a star for the walk of fame.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    I just wanted to share how the Talent Showcase works after searching around, the Talent Showcase event happens at regular lounges and usually for 2 days in a row, the Talent showcases don't have a winner, because after the second Talent showcase the Starlight Accolades usually follow after the two showcases in Del Sol Valley, Studio PBP and the award ceremony will start if you did good in the talent showcase, you will get your reward, if you did bad you won't get your reward. So the winners of the Talent showcase is announced at the Studio PBP Lounge, so there is no recognition at the regular lounges because its a 3 day event. To earn your reward you must be present, I think during that event the bouncer will let everyone in.

So I hope this information helps, this is one way to earn a star for the walk of fame.

Interesting! I didn't know it was set up like that. :o

I'll have to see if my sim can go to the talent show twice in a row then the award show. Thanks very much for sharing.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Looks like you can have more than one bouncer on a lot. Had redownloaded a renovated pot of the studio lounge and it had too doors for bouncers honestly wasn't expecting to see more than one on lot but sure enough there was
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Did you know Autographs of NPC sims will raise in value when there fame level changes. So if you want to make some money off your famous sims you are working on collect autographs of famous people in your save, this really helps rotational play get autographs of the famous sims you play at level 1 fame and raise them up to Global Superstar, and reappraise the autographs and the will be worth more.

• Options
    Ok, this is a little interesting I know someone already mentioned it here. However, apparently the normal weather in DSV is set to the same climate as Oasis Springs, but after my complaining about it not snowing in Oasis Springs, the weather machine is not locked in DSV It does start out as Sunsnow and quickly goes to freezing and heavy snow when I tested it with the weather machine, the lots and grass areas get snow, but the part of the town that is outside the lots don't get snow. So I am happy about that. What makes me think Oasis Springs don't have snow layer is because if you want a safe place for a garden sim and not have to worry about freezing than get a house in Oasis Springs. By the sound of the name of the world and the climate lock, I am wondering if it was supposed to be a secret world?

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,939 Member
    If the gig asks your sim to research the flirty emotion but you don't want your sim to flirt with anyone, you can instead have them use the mirror to practise the pick-up lines.
  • Options
    Or you can use the club system and set the mode to flirty:)

• Options
    Naturedance36Naturedance36 Posts: 6 New Member
    If your Famous Sim has a Stan and snow built up on their lot, the Stan will autonomously shovel their snow!
  • Options
    City Living gives you apartment keys, I think the patch added house keys with get famous so that when you get that one perk to travel as a pack of your famous celebrities, if you give them keys they can even go inside your house.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,896 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    Did you know Autographs of NPC sims will raise in value when there fame level changes. So if you want to make some money off your famous sims you are working on collect autographs of famous people in your save, this really helps rotational play get autographs of the famous sims you play at level 1 fame and raise them up to Global Superstar, and reappraise the autographs and the will be worth more.

Haven't finished reading the entire thread but if that Sim dies the value of the autograph increases even more. You could make a living killing stars and selling their autographs.
  • Options
    idkemilyidkemily Posts: 49 Member
    When you have to research the playful emotion for the acting career it's really easy for your sims to die from laughter :) Already had three die in the past week and I have to keep starting the game over..... awesome!!!!!!1
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    The paparazzi is annoying me and they aren't even chasing after my sims. Not being known is very underrated. I can go to the store in real life without people chasing after me.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited December 2018
    I've discovered a sim can sell a painting they didn't even paint...and still gain fame from it.

They can be a fraud :lol: ..Which gives me some interesting story ideas....

giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    When level 10 charisma is combined with a good reputation it takes about 2-4 interactions to become good friends with another sim.
    image.png
  • Options
    SimTresa wrote: »
    When level 10 charisma is combined with a good reputation it takes about 2-4 interactions to become good friends with another sim.

That'd probably explain why my sim autonously flirted with someone and it was already at a 1/3 full with the romance bar and she has a pristine reputation. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

That'd probably explain why my sim autonously flirted with someone and it was already at a 1/3 full with the romance bar and she has a pristine reputation. :#

That's probably it. Haven't had that happen yet, but then the one I just mentioned currently has the highest reputation of my sims and she's a recent widow so hasn't been flirting yet.
    image.png
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member

That is rather accurate. Charismatic people are very likable.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    My sim painted a rare picture and gained a star point for selling a rare painting. It's a great way to earn money.

I saw Patch the Scarecrow doing sit ups

When the sims act a fighting scene in safe mpde, the swords fly out of there hands and on to the floor. Hence in risky take my Sim stubbed her toe with a light saber.

They can perform fighting scene without swords, savers as my SIM kicked high and slipped into the floor, and raised a glass with Malcom praising other actors.
  • Options
    ctroictroi Posts: 36 Member
    Is your Sim hungry and exhausted after they finish on their acting set? Before sending home, have them take a platter of food from the buffet table to share with the family! The better the acting gigs, the better the food! My family enjoys the 'excellent' food and since my Sim won't have to cook for the spouse and kids, they can all enjoy quality family time!
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    ctroi wrote: »
    Is your Sim hungry and exhausted after they finish on their acting set? Before sending home, have them take a platter of food from the buffet table to share with the family! The better the acting gigs, the better the food! My family enjoys the 'excellent' food and since my Sim won't have to cook for the spouse and kids, they can all enjoy quality family time!

I would so do this and use the different stations they have instead of spending my own monies to get them
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Kids can get fired from Drama Club. She upstaged the teacher so he kicked her out. She got fame for and was able to rejoin at her old level.
  • Options
    Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »
    My sim painted a rare picture and gained a star point for selling a rare painting. It's a great way to earn money.

I saw Patch the Scarecrow doing sit ups
    What good news. While I wasn't worried about his weight, I was worried about his muscle tone.
  • Options
    Idray2501Idray2501 Posts: 32 Member
    Babies can be born famous! Or adopted rather. In a household of a three star celebrity couple, they adopted a baby and this lil man came home as a three star celebrity!