Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you've discovered in Get Famous

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
Whatever you've discovered in the recent expansion pack just post it here.

I've learned you can go into your sims phone and call the PR agency for them to put in a good word for you image either for good or bad. That and you can even get on a Celebrities guest list and leave for a party via rabbit hole.

9plgaJF.png?1

Chances are you'll make a celebrity friend not to mention get a dazed moodlet.
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by EA_David on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I love these discovery threads!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I've discovered that I can give a house key to someone, like giving an apartment key. I don't know if this came from the patch or the expansion.
  • Options
    @Denimjo that's funny. I always love the text written in these.

@simgirl1010 Definitely favorite threads of mine along with the picture ones.

crP8QdT.png?1

Apparently you can make the quality of your video poor as there is a chance editing won't ever be fully successful and you can't try to re-edit it at the video editing table.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Cupid wrote: »
    Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    And people will send you angry text messages about it.

That's hilarious as it is annoying. :U Wonder if the victim went to go snitch on you about your private feeding.

Reminds me when you're cheating in S3 and at you rhomoe eyt somehow EVERYONE catches on when you're alone.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )

Seriously? They said that when things are done in private, it's like it never happened. Should have to get caught before it affects reputation. I hope this is just a bug.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    IceyJ wrote: »

Seriously? They said that when things are done in private, it's like it never happened. Should have to get caught before it affects reputation. I hope this is just a bug.

I think if you do it on your home lot you're safe. But doing it on a community lot (even if no one's around to see it) makes it scandalous
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

Ugh. Talk about annoying. This was my biggest fear since it did that fot sims 3 too.

If someone sees you doing it then sure, but not if its private, which is how it was advertised.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member

Hopefully a mod will be out for this soon. I really don't like this idea. :s
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »

Perhaps the sim who was fed upon without permission told people and it hit the vampire's reputation? I actually don't mind this. Makes using that interaction into a risk! This is the kind of consequences the game needs!

It's not exactly a risk though, if it happens every time. I'd be okay with it if there was only a small chance of the victim telling. Like maybe, a 5% chance.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Hlw0eC5.png?1
    Apparently once you get celebrity status you'll be rung up on your phone for opportunities to make some extra cash to promote and given some tasks. Got $100 for the latter for making a cooking video.

*Note: Also jus trealized this is from a perk if you add it on the first tier. Whoops. XD
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    If you have Seasons you can set up a Celebrity Fan Meet and Greet on the calendar otherwise you can start it as an event right on the fly.

Your sim can earn money and some fame as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    > @IceyJ said:
    > alan650111 wrote: »
    >
    > IceyJ wrote: »
    >
    > Cupid wrote: »
    >
    > Vampires can get a bad reputation for feeding on people without permission (even if you do it in private :( )
    > And people will send you angry text messages about it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Seriously? They said that when things are done in private, it's like it never happened. Should have to get caught before it affects reputation. I hope this is just a bug.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Perhaps the sim who was fed upon without permission told people and it hit the vampire's reputation? I actually don't mind this. Makes using that interaction into a risk! This is the kind of consequences the game needs!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It's not exactly a risk though, if it happens every time. I'd be okay with it if there was only a small chance of the victim telling. Like maybe, a 5% chance.

However, if you think about it, if someone hypnotized me and drink my blood without my consent, I, too, would smear him :neutral:

But, how severe his reputation dropped? Can it be neutralized easily? What about force feeding in your home lot?
    I don't have GF yet so I want to know.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited November 2018
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    But, how severe his reputation dropped? Can it be neutralized easily?
    I don't have GF yet so I want to know.

It wasn't too bad, lol. The reputation is ridiculously easy to earn anyway so no biggie...

I just thought it was kind of funny to get a text message saying "Hey, I heard you drink people's plasma without their permission, that's not cool!"
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2018
    I love threads like this! They help me decide if I want the EP or not.

It's the little things :blush: keep them coming!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sometimes you might get an invite from a friend (or in this case acelebrity friend) that there was a celebrity sighting.

7OnYwgA.png?1

I declined at the time because my sim was busy with her career, but I like these added little events.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited November 2018
    My sim in the athletic career was given an option while at work to blame the coach for the game loss, by not using his skills. This granted him a fame level a career demotion. He could’ve also played it like a pro and not do anything but that would result in his life staying the same. I chose fame and he got demoted :D The results:Ek6z0Lz.jpg

Sims who know your sim before they became famous just barge into your home. This got annoying real fast. The message that basically warns you they're coming in:nxszNE4.jpg

If your number is leaked you get texts that can embarrass you or give you inspirational emotion.
    Inspirational text:HhUhAh9.jpg
    Embarassing text:4KXTiqb.jpg
    A sim texted for me to send them locks of my hair for their shrine😳
    Post edited by BlueSeaWaves on
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I've discovered that I can give a house key to someone, like giving an apartment key. I don't know if this came from the patch or the expansion.

!!!!!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I love the acting career.. but hate the town homes and a few other places that needs to get fixed.... I have also know the new cheats for get famous.. like "Skill cheats" I love the media stuff also.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I love the acting career.. but hate the town homes and a few other places that needs to get fixed.... I have also know the new cheats for get famous.. like "Skill cheats" I love the media stuff also.

Here are some cheats. Not sure if skill cheats are included.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

So far I've figured out that the career is just Actor (careers.promote Actor etc.) and the acting skill is stats.set_skill_level Major_Acting. For celebrity and reputation cheats, testingcheats true and Shift-click on your Sim.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 Thanks for the link!
    @luthienrising Shift click is really useful especially when I'm wanting to make some of the premades famous. Especially Bella goth.
    5vJrxmT.png