Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Default or Legacy Style Pie Menu (categorized)

I've been playing TS4 on PS4 since May of this year and just recently I decided to change the pie menu to the legacy version where everything is categorized first rather than have it as by contextual relevance first and then in more options by category. I find I do things quicker and I like it better and I was just curious what everyone else has theirs set to. 🐻

Default or Legacy Style Pie Menu (categorized) 50 votes

44%
GalacticGalkerryemmiebethsimgirl1010JestTrudrake_mccartyalejandro15039SimplyJenduhboy2u2fallenangel66x_Always_Heart_xEnkiSchmidtmusteniRedShoe7Teslachick2LyouflnJPNekoEvie0602citysimmerKalopsianDreamerAriaMad2 22 votes
Legacy Style (Categorized)
38%
icmnfrshIcewolfVibsefruitsbasket101shygirlLustianiciaKatiardguezAnthonydyerDoloresGreySigzy05So_MoneyBreazonasamemieThePinkBookGirlLinzzElle_AnneTS1299Jasonschick80StevieJohn88 19 votes
Meh - It doesn't really bother me either way.
18%
JeanStormkeepWritin_RegBagoas77JesskiSjofnPegasysFEDEXsfan11Bluebirddevil5970 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    While I voted for Legacy, it still depends on the situation. I always play with entreprenours in the game, so for example if you are playing retail, it is important
    to set it to legacy, so that the sim will only focus on raising
    the curb appeal of the customer. If I am not playing with managing, I use default
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I switch between the two pretty regularly, depending on what I'm doing. But for general play, I opt for Default as it occasionally saves me an extra click or two.
    You have all the same choices as far as I have seen, it's just a matter of what you have to click to get to them.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I've always played the default. I haven't tried the legacy option. But I think I might give it a go now.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    After reading this post, I may go ahead and switch over. I've never really given it much of a shot. If it's time-saving it may be better for me. I hate having to comb through the Friendly category looking for something specific with the game on pause while I try to find it. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I've always been tempted to try legacy but just never bothered. I'm in game now so going to try it.
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I've never actually realised we have an option that isn't the default. Can anyone explain what the difference between the default and the legacy style actually is?
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @KalopsianDreamer In the default style, certain interactions are at the root menu (show up without clicking any categories) based on the current sim's activities, who they are socializing with, their mood/traits, etc. The legacy style puts everything neatly under the category it belongs to and has those categories all at the root menu level, so basically the root menu shows only the categories which you then pick from to get to what you want.

If you are always clicking to get to the categories and not picking the situational choices, then legacy choice will save you some clicking. If you often find the game has put the interaction you want right there at the root level, then the default is going to be what saves you clicking.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    While I play with Sims 3 style camera, I really like the default pie menu for Sims 4. It feels more intuitive to me. I can find things. I used to hate having to hunt for the options I wanted and pause every 3 seconds to find the right interactions. I can just play now.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @KalopsianDreamer In the default style, certain interactions are at the root menu (show up without clicking any categories) based on the current sim's activities, who they are socializing with, their mood/traits, etc. The legacy style puts everything neatly under the category it belongs to and has those categories all at the root menu level, so basically the root menu shows only the categories which you then pick from to get to what you want.

If you are always clicking to get to the categories and not picking the situational choices, then legacy choice will save you some clicking. If you often find the game has put the interaction you want right there at the root level, then the default is going to be what saves you clicking.

Thank you! I never understood it before, but that makes a lot of sense. I'll have to try the legacy style and see what I prefer.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I like the one that came with S4, whatever it is
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I never used the default. I think when I first played TS4, I couldn't find what I actually wanted with the contextual menu, so I went back to the legacy one.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I play 2,3, and 4, so it's easiest to use the legacy style since it's what I use in the other games
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I have always liked legacy style. There is no reason to change now.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I use default, but can't you just Shift-click on a Sim to bring up the legacy style menu?

Sometimes the contextual menu makes certain options pop up just when I'd want to use them, but sometimes it's kind of strange, so I like having the legacy style menu sometimes.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Sul Sul! I've moved this over to Console Discussion as it's a more console focused point of discussion. Carry on. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I have to have it legacy. Ifs easier to find things.