Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How excatly you get the award?

htuh0jM.png

When you're an actor and receive notification that you did well and you got an award ceremony like where to go ?
The date is mentioned but where's the place ?? Why its not mentioned?

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited November 2018
    For me, the award ceremonies have always taken place at Studio PBP. It is strange that the notifications don't mention it. If you have Seasons, on the calendar it'll say where the ceremony will be.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I have never received a reminder the day of. Do you just show up at the PBP at the time given?
  • Options
    steviewasheresteviewashere Posts: 47 Member
    Yeah apparently it's at Studio PBP from 7pm to 11pm, almost missed it :o
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    that's if you still have studio pbp. if you don't have it, you need a lounge with the celebrity hotspot trait. nothing else will ever have the award ceremony, even if given the trait. needs specifically to be a lounge and specifically to have that one lot trait

the show happens every sunday at 7 pm and even if your sim doesn't get notified that they were nominated, you should still swing by. they might win something, anyway (i sent venessa two weeks in a row. first week she was nominated and won. second week, no nominations, but she still won an award)

if your sim is named as a winner, you need to make sure they go to the microphone and 'accept award'. sometimes this will automatically queue up, sometimes it won't. it's weird like that. once they accept, they'll give a short speech and the award is sent to household inventory

if you have seasons, you will see the event listed every sunday and the location for it. you will also see other events on other lounges, if you have them. lounges with no celebrity traits can host 'talent night' on random days (for me, one always has it on fridays, the other always has it on saturdays). i don't recall if the meet and greet shows up there, but that's an event that happens on lounges with the up and coming hotspot trait. basically, the pack tried to make lounges useful
  • Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I have never received a reminder the day of. Do you just show up at the PBP at the time given?

Yeah, it's kind of annoying.

Also, I don't think you have to get a notification that your sim was nominated for them to win something. I just had my sim show up to the awards ceremony one week to schmooze and gorge himself on caviar crackers and he won two awards. :#

(Granted, this was as a Global Superstar with a whole bunch of perks. Maybe it was one of the perks that did it?)
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    The award shows stink. My sim showed up a little late and I received a notification that she won an award and it would be in the household inventory. It was not in the inventory.
  • Options
    did you make your sim click on the microphone and 'accept award' while at the ceremony? if they don't do that, they're not given the award
  • Options
    Scorp_ionScorp_ion Posts: 18 Member
    If you have seasons, it will pop up in the calendar. However, award ceremonies always appear 7-11pm on sundays, every week. As others have said above, you don't necessarily have to be nominated for an award to receive one. I think it happens if a nominated celebrity gets an award, but isn't present, so the announcer just awards another
  • Options
    Stoppedcandy5Stoppedcandy5 Posts: 2 New Member
    I thought that the ceremony was on TV so I had my sim go home to watch it, but then around 8:00 pm I found this page. I sent her to Studio PBP and nothing was going on... it's a Sunday too. I looked on the calendar and it said it was at the studio and I'm really confused.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I thought that the ceremony was on TV so I had my sim go home to watch it, but then around 8:00 pm I found this page. I sent her to Studio PBP and nothing was going on... it's a Sunday too. I looked on the calendar and it said it was at the studio and I'm really confused.

Hello @Stoppedcandy5
    The award ceremony starts at 6p.m. so perhaps because it was later that your sim arrived at the venue, the ceremony didn’t take place.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Stoppedcandy5
    The award ceremony starts at 6p.m. so perhaps because it was later that your sim arrived at the venue, the ceremony didn’t take place.

Does it affect if you have two lounges in the game with the "hottest spot in town" lot trait ? Like it can only happen in one lot with that trait so if you two lounge of that trait it'll happen in either of them? I placed another lounge with that trait in another world but I dont think that's the reason..
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    @graventhe No, it will be at one of them. Just check the calendar, it shows up in Events and will tell you which location. If you have more than one lounge with the trait, it can show up at either, but the calender will tell you where to go.

Just make sure you have the right stuff on both lounges. You need the microphone stand for the host and to accept rewards, and it's good to have some seating by it....I'm not sure if the game will even pick a lounge where the appropriate props are missing, didn't take any chances in my game.

I agree with @stoppedcandy5k, showing up late may be why it never kicked off in your game. When I have had sims who had working hours overlapping the start of the ceremony, I sent a different active sim to the lounge before the event, just to attend in their stead. My celebrity sim showed up for the last hour (and won an award!).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @graventhe No, it will be at one of them. Just check the calendar, it shows up in Events and will tell you which location. If you have more than one lounge with the trait, it can show up at either, but the calender will tell you where to go.

Just make sure you have the right stuff on both lounges. You need the microphone stand for the host and to accept rewards, and it's good to have some seating by it....I'm not sure if the game will even pick a lounge where the appropriate props are missing, didn't take any chances in my game.

I agree with @stoppedcandy5k, showing up late may be why it never kicked off in your game. When I have had sims who had working hours overlapping the start of the ceremony, I sent a different active sim to the lounge before the event, just to attend in their stead. My celebrity sim showed up for the last hour (and won an award!).

Well the calendar never shows where the location is, it just writes the event name Starlight Accolade or something but not even the lot name..
    But I'll try being before the ceremony supposedly begin (so I should be there at 5 PM?)
    And I'll remove the other lounge with the "hottiest spot of the town" lot trait so only one lounge have it (though nightclubs or bars that have this trait doesn't matter right?)
  • Options
    for the celebrity-specific events related to lot traits, correct, anything that is not a lounge doesn't matter. award ceremony only occurs on a lounge with 'hottest spot in town'. anything else with that trait will never see the ceremony, any lounge without that trait will never see the ceremony

same goes for 'up and coming hot-spot'. only lounges with that trait will get the other celebrity-specific event that i can't think of the name for currently... again, lounges without that trait will never see it, nor will non-lounges with the trait
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    graventhe wrote: »
    Well the calendar never shows where the location is, it just writes the event name Starlight Accolade or something but not even the lot name..
    But I'll try being before the ceremony supposedly begin (so I should be there at 5 PM?)
    And I'll remove the other lounge with the "hottiest spot of the town" lot trait so only one lounge have it (though nightclubs or bars that have this trait doesn't matter right?)

It should look like this in the calendar, on the left hand side which displays details of the days events when you have clicked on the day the event occurs in the calendar proper. You can see that the location, Palais PbP, shows right under the time for the event.

tumblr_pkgb64q2zT1tkpp11o1_r1_640.png

You're saying yours just shows blank under the time?
    If that's the case...that's why you aren't seeing it in game, it is not scheduled for any lot. Make sure your lounge actually DOES have the proper lot trait and the props required for the event if that's what is happening. If all checks out on that front, you might want to try bulldozing the lounge and replacing it to reset whatever is causing the event to not be scheduled there.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I'm sitting here wishing my Global Superstar (who happens to have achieved his fame through his golden voice) would be nominated for …something. Congrats on your Sim getting the nod!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    p_hole69p_hole69 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think the award ceremaony is in the studio pbp for me but I can't get in due to my sim not being a high enough celbrity. Any help?
  • Options
    p_hole69 wrote: »
    I think the award ceremaony is in the studio pbp for me but I can't get in due to my sim not being a high enough celbrity. Any help?

Click the rope and change the required celebrity level.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    p_hole69 wrote: »

Click the rope and change the required celebrity level.

And how does a child with no celebrity get in? The same way?
    image.png
  • Options
    No idea, @SimTresa, I never go to certain venues with children (lounge, bar, nightclub, etc.). I totally get that a child sim may win an award now, so it could happen I would want to go...I'd take adult supervision along though. Just doesn't seem like an appropriate venue for children to be unchaperoned.

Don't know if the rope can be changed by children or not, you could try. (The no celebrity thing is no problem as one of the rope settings is to let in all the riff-raff.)
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    No idea, @SimTresa, I never go to certain venues with children (lounge, bar, nightclub, etc.). I totally get that a child sim may win an award now, so it could happen I would want to go...I'd take adult supervision along though. Just doesn't seem like an appropriate venue for children to be unchaperoned.

Don't know if the rope can be changed by children or not, you could try. (The no celebrity thing is no problem as one of the rope settings is to let in all the riff-raff.)

I'm the same way. Children and teens do not get to go to lounges, bars and nightclubs. I imagine the award ceremony as a special-occasion-be-on-your-best-behavior type thing for kids.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    graventhe wrote: »

It should look like this in the calendar, on the left hand side which displays details of the days events when you have clicked on the day the event occurs in the calendar proper. You can see that the location, Palais PbP, shows right under the time for the event.

tumblr_pkgb64q2zT1tkpp11o1_r1_640.png

You're saying yours just shows blank under the time?
    If that's the case...that's why you aren't seeing it in game, it is not scheduled for any lot. Make sure your lounge actually DOES have the proper lot trait and the props required for the event if that's what is happening. If all checks out on that front, you might want to try bulldozing the lounge and replacing it to reset whatever is causing the event to not be scheduled there.

@Stormkeep it was blank but now I removed the other lounge with same trait that I downloaded from the gallery (it was in Newcrest and after bulldozing it I changed lot type to presidential and named it Starter) and removed the EA pre built PBP lounge in Get famous world and replaced it with the Starlight accolades lounge from the gallery that I removed, so now look how it looks!
    SFwGKac.png
    It's totally pointing to the wrong lot.. I bulldozed that lot and changed it to presidential!)
    It should point to the only lounge with that trait in all worlds, which is the one I placed in place of EA pre built PBP lounge..
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @graventhe, If you made changes to the lounges after the event was populated on the calendar, it's too late to properly fix that one. Events, once they are on the calendar, are setup already and just likely to become glitchy if you changed the lounge lots around.

You'll need to wait for it to come around again before it (hopefully) points to the hot-spot lounge that is in your game.
  • Options
    @graventhe, If you made changes to the lounges after the event was populated on the calendar, it's too late to properly fix that one. Events, once they are on the calendar, are setup already and just likely to become glitchy if you changed the lounge lots around.

You'll need to wait for it to come around again before it (hopefully) points to the hot-spot lounge that is in your game.

It wasnt even on the calendar til I placed the new lot and removed the other one, now AFTER I removed the old one its pointing to the old one that empty now with lot type (presidential) it never pointed to lot before a while, but I remember once its pointed to a weird lot name maybe it was the PBP lot when I first played the game
    Are you saying every week it changes?
    So what you suggest I should do now ? @Stormkeep ..can you help ?
    I tried bulldozing the lot and changed the lot type..I mean why it's still pointing to it..nothing I can do more
    Are you saying after a week it'll point to the new one?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Graventhe I'm suggesting that if you leave the lots alone now, hopefully it starts pointing to the right one in a week or two, yes.

If it doesn't, you may need to start a new save game to resolve whatever is borked in your current one, but in your shoes I would give it a few weeks without messing with the lounges now just to see if it clears up on it's own now that you have one single lounge with the right trait.

I originally had done the same as you replacing the DSV lounges and then saw in this forum how they are tied to some of the events, so I changed them back to having 2 lounges in DSV, each with the same traits as what DSV lounges normally have (I did replace them with nicer lounges though, still the same spots and the same lot traits though). After some time had passed once I put them back, everything started working normally for the events. I haven't had any issues now in 2 full generations of sims.