Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How excatly you get the award?

2...Next

Comments

• drbelangerdrbelanger Posts: 57 Member
    Oh, so that is what that is. I've been skipping the crap out of that. No wonder I haven't won anything! lol
  • KlallaKlalla Posts: 2 New Member
    Sorry to interrupt, but why does my sim NEVER EVER get nominated for an award? She's a global superstar, she's completing the acting gigs with gold everytime and she does an acting gig like every third day or so and she's also publishing two or more videos a day on the video station? And she's been going to the awards like 5 or 6 times but she has never won... Although her husband has won 2 times for BOOKS he wrote in his YOUTH. Like HOW... He is only 1 star famous... Is this a bug? What can I do to assure me an award?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    are you sending your sim to the accolades every week, whether they were nominated or not? if not, do so. the winners for each award are chosen from the sims on the lot, so your sim is likely to win one even if not nominated. eventually

also, sims are more likely to get nominated early on in your game, as they are competing with fewer challengers. the first video made in your game after get famous installed is more than likely to be nominated, same with the first book published (or first book a sim gets royalties from after the pack was installed) or whatever

acting is a totally different monster, though. i've had venessa nominated twice in her entire career. once early on, once just before she hit global superstar. she didn't win the second time, but later got two more awards, once because i sent her to the accolades even though she didn't get nominated, and the second time she showed up as a townie when i sent the behr sisters because yuki's first video (first video in my game) got nominated and venessa won then (since she was unplayed at the time, though, she never actually received the award in her inventory)

since the award show only goes from... what is it, 6-11 pm, there's only a set number of potential winners. if you've got a lot of famous sims showing up on-lot, that lowers the likelihood of your sim getting called up
  • KlallaKlalla Posts: 2 New Member
    ok interesting. Because yes I've only been told once in the game that she was nominated and then she didn't win sadly. But after that I have sent her to the awards every single week without her being nominated and she has NEVER won an award and now she is a global superstar level 10 actor and i can't complete the aspiration because she needs to win that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 award and I don't want to cheat it for her because i want her to have the actual award and i want her to actually go up on stage... But thanks for the information. So if I manually go into all famous sims in my world and cheats down there fame to 0 there should be a bigger chance she wins?
  • Sims_4_Dino_LoverSims_4_Dino_Lover Posts: 50 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @graventhe No, it will be at one of them. Just check the calendar, it shows up in Events and will tell you which location. If you have more than one lounge with the trait, it can show up at either, but the calender will tell you where to go.

Just make sure you have the right stuff on both lounges. You need the microphone stand for the host and to accept rewards, and it's good to have some seating by it....I'm not sure if the game will even pick a lounge where the appropriate props are missing, didn't take any chances in my game.

I agree with @stoppedcandy5k, showing up late may be why it never kicked off in your game. When I have had sims who had working hours overlapping the start of the ceremony, I sent a different active sim to the lounge before the event, just to attend in their stead. My celebrity sim showed up for the last hour (and won an award!).

Well, they first need to have seasons to look at the calendar. Everyone needs to have seasons for it! I play on my PlayStation 4!
    Hi
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    are you sending your sim to the accolades every week, whether they were nominated or not? if not, do so. the winners for each award are chosen from the sims on the lot, so your sim is likely to win one even if not nominated. eventually

also, sims are more likely to get nominated early on in your game, as they are competing with fewer challengers. the first video made in your game after get famous installed is more than likely to be nominated, same with the first book published (or first book a sim gets royalties from after the pack was installed) or whatever

acting is a totally different monster, though. i've had venessa nominated twice in her entire career. once early on, once just before she hit global superstar. she didn't win the second time, but later got two more awards, once because i sent her to the accolades even though she didn't get nominated, and the second time she showed up as a townie when i sent the behr sisters because yuki's first video (first video in my game) got nominated and venessa won then (since she was unplayed at the time, though, she never actually received the award in her inventory)

since the award show only goes from... what is it, 6-11 pm, there's only a set number of potential winners. if you've got a lot of famous sims showing up on-lot, that lowers the likelihood of your sim getting called up

You can get the award using the 'bb.showhiddenobjects' just punch in accolade in the search mode once you're in buy/build mode. (I know, it's not even the same as seeing a Sim receive it, but I'm getting very close to just giving my Sim his just due. LOL)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/