Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Is Everyone Likiing Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    I really like this expansion! I've had a lot of fun with it :grin:

My only little nitpick is the buy mode. I wish we got more furniture and clutter. It seems like 90% of the buy mode consist of movie props. Stuff that could as well have been unlocked through the debug cheat. I will probably never have any use for any of those things, haha.

I'm wondering how much that's going to bother me. I'm hoping that I can make a park with a community theater. At least my sims would be able to use the stuff that way. If that works I might try making a restaurant with a stage for "Dinner Theater" but I could see that becoming a disaster.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I found out that my Sim can get paid to fart. I have the drone recording him farting again and again and then I have him upload that video. lol

So far he's made 139 simoleans from that video.

10/10 great ep

WHAT EVEN IS THIS PACK???!! LOL! Love it! I am shocked at how much I like this pack versus how let down I felt through the whole promotion process! I even bought it a day after release and I'm normally a release day purchaser! It's so much better when you're actually playing it versus reading about it.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    Icewolf wrote: »
    I really like this expansion! I've had a lot of fun with it :grin:

My only little nitpick is the buy mode. I wish we got more furniture and clutter. It seems like 90% of the buy mode consist of movie props. Stuff that could as well have been unlocked through the debug cheat. I will probably never have any use for any of those things, haha.

I'm wondering how much that's going to bother me. I'm hoping that I can make a park with a community theater. At least my sims would be able to use the stuff that way. If that works I might try making a restaurant with a stage for "Dinner Theater" but I could see that becoming a disaster.

A movie themed restaurant is actually a pretty neat idea!
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    I liked the EP, but when celebrities show up in ANY venue they make EVERY sim stop doing anything to see them. It's fun and good for the first couple times, but after that it gets old.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    barraakeno wrote: »
    I liked the EP, but when celebrities show up in ANY venue they make EVERY sim stop doing anything to see them. It's fun and good for the first couple times, but after that it gets old.

I wish you could make NPC's change into the disguise so that you could control it more. It would also be cool if you could make your own disguise. I get why it is the way it is but to see sim (especially a female) dressed in formal attire with a baseball cap and sunglasses... yeah, that'll hide you from stans and paparazzi.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I agree with this! I think they should only show up to community lots with the Hot Spot or Up and Coming lot trait for sure!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,438 Member
    I usually finish exploring EP features about after a day or two but with GF I’m still exploring since Friday, just the acting career alone! I stilll have left the media production table and other careers. This EP has got to be my favorite one yet. It’s actually a challenge as wel getting fame!
  • Options
    MissAgathaMissAgatha Posts: 2 New Member
    It has certainly held my attention longer than Seasons and Pets did. I haven’t really experienced bugs, other than I was on a date and started talking to a flirty ghost and my date suddenly blinked and disappeared, then texted me that we should hang out some time.

My plan was to take a drone to the jungle and be a famous jungle explorer/archaeologist but this has been hampered by there never being any machetes for sale after I chuck the first one into the jungle in my enthusiasm. So I’ve gotten myself quite the social media following by live streaming my level 1 singer doing atrocious karaoke. I am also doing the acting career and my B-lister (Rainbow Brite) just won what I can only assume is the Sim equivalent of an Emmy for her riveting performance on a medical soap opera.

It annoys me that when I’m streaming myself dancing or cooking my drone is always recording my back instead of my face, but that is purely aesthetic.

Mostly, I want to do the jobs of all the other people on the movie set! I want to do makeup and costumes and be the camera operator and the director, can that happen??
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    It's fun but the name 'Stan' don't fit like obsessed fan do.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2018
    Kartai wrote: »
    It's fun but the name 'Stan' don't fit like obsessed fan do.

It does if you are aware of the meme. :)
    But yeah, obsessed fan is literal.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    RineRine Posts: 165 Member
    I haven't played this long in a good while. I am really enjoying the EP, despite some wonky bugs. I haven't added back many of my mods and haven't hardly used any cheats, which I start to really go through when I get bored. (Had to bring out a cheat to fix needs when my sim got stuck, had to reset a sim a few times, etc.) I have played more in the last two days than I have in the last six months previous.

Sure I have some "I wish..." thoughts about this EP, but overall, I think it is a great addition to the Sims 4!
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

I agree with this! I think they should only show up to community lots with the Hot Spot or Up and Coming lot trait for sure!

I'd like it if they only appear on regular lots if they're in disguise.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2018
    Okay, I've done some updating of some of my favorite lots with Get Famous Content.
    I've played 4 sims with dreams of becoming famous.
    11-18-18_12-01-13nbspPM.png

More pictures and comments:
    Digital Media Artist (Custom Career)
    11-17-18_8-38-26nbspPM.png

Comedian
    11-17-18_8-37-59nbspPM.png

Style Influencer
    11-17-18_8-42-36nbspPM.png

Actress
    11-17-18_9-41-15nbspPM.png

I was more impressed with the sets than I thought I would be.
    11-21-18_1-02-57nbspAM.png

I have had a CosPlayers support lot since we got City Living and the GeekCon festival.
    Get Famous inspired me to expand it massively.
    11-21-18_2-38-15nbspPM.png

It's a Cybercafe and I put in the Hero movie set.
    Sims can have drinks and snacks, use computers and arcade games, watch movies, dress up as characters from their favorite movies and games, and role play them and take pictures of their friends and celebrities in the photo studio. Kids can play Void Critters.
    11-21-18_3-31-34nbspPM.png

11-21-18_2-52-32nbspPM.png

11-21-18_3-18-57nbspPM.png

I built a VIP lounge on the third floor of my Dance Club.
    I never got a chance to try it out until tonight, when Olivia talked her way inside.
    11-21-18_10-38-57nbspPM.png

Her group was allowed in.
    11-21-18_10-39-33nbspPM.png

They had drinks and conversation.
    11-21-18_10-42-52nbspPM.png

It was quiet in the VIP lounge so I had her hire a pianist.
    11-21-18_10-45-57nbspPM.png

The ground floor is usually thumping with the DJ blasting music.
    This is a nice contrast. I can have my celebrities partying and give out autographs on the ground floor and later have them come up here for a break from the chaos.
    11-21-18_10-46-19nbspPM.png

Meadow Thayer finished up a late night studio gig and dropped by the club.
    The bouncer must have been in a good mood. He let her in too.
    11-21-18_10-50-47nbspPM.png

Unfortunately no other celebrities showed up.
    11-21-18_10-53-33nbspPM.png

The pianist played a Jazz tune and I discovered that singing Jazz could sound good with the piano player for certain songs.
    This is really nice.
    11-21-18_10-58-21nbspPM.png

Meadow will probably be the first to frequent this place with her entourage. She's almost a 3-Star celebrity.
    11-21-18_11-03-03nbspPM.png

TLDNR the spoiler:
    I really like this pack.
    I am still disappointed EA did not go the extra mile with Del Sol Valley.
    This pack would have been a 9 or 10 with extra residences and a neighborhood off the ocean.

I really like how they handled celebrity game play.
    I don't mind the single active career, since it looks like more work went into it, plus we have the Style influencer career and all careers have a path to fame.

The content has come in very handy for my dance club by allowing me to make a VIP Room.
    And my CyberCafe/Cosplayers hangout is just over-the-top awesome now.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    Initially, I was like meh but today I actually took the time to really game play and I have to say, it's really funny. I finally have a global superstar and she really give me life right now ... with her celebrity quirks, she just have bit more character. She's uber good but throw tantrums because she has a juice problem -which I honestly thought she had pre-get famous but now that there's some sort of consequence to it, it's waaaaay more amusing. On top of that, she's a vampire who is a sloppy drinkers so she is always getting in trouble for feeding off random people.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Wanted it badly - but not buying until they find a way to offer more residential housing for stars in the new world.

Why do I want rest of my worlds disrupted by their presence - and if i shut them off - then no reason to have the star building world. They need housing for stars where they love - no commuting and disrupting the rest of my worlds - or the pack is a huge fail!!!!

Of all cities not to have tons of housing this had to have been the biggest fail yet!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Wanted it badly - but not buying until they find a way to offer more residential housing for stars in the new world.

Why do I want rest of my worlds disrupted by their presence - and if i shut them off - then no reason to have the star building world. They need housing for stars where they love - no commuting and disrupting the rest of my worlds - or the pack is a huge fail!!!!

Of all cities not to have tons of housing this had to have been the biggest fail yet!

I agree with you as with the dynamic of this pack one would expected the lot to be hold more lots than backdrops. I do not care if I can open shop in another neighborhood for now I would have to be choosy and cut something. I am willing to wait and pay less than half for this pack and glad with the new releases of other games that will smooth over that wait.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ByrnieByrnie Posts: 7 New Member
    Leaving the patch disaster out of this.....patch disasters are now fully integrated into the game. New feature, yay!

New World:
    What's not to love, there's nothing in it, aside from two partially finished lounges, a "national forest", a upgraded version
    of the oasis springs Langrabb house, and a gym which I haven't looked at. Whatever, it's a disappointment.

Famous system:
    Love my sim increasingly "reacting in disgust" to the point it's the first thing he does when traveling anywhere (whether
    people are there or not)....seriously driving me insane.

Acting Career
    Love it, well actually as this post is mainly sarcasm, this feature I like, but the median gig pay is not even close to the actual
    pay so that really dampens any good feeling.

Media Production
    Nothing is more fun that "remixing" the same six or seven songs the same way over and over. And I love getting a recording
    contract and having the first text be a threat about quality, and then receiving more threat texts if I don't repeat the task daily.

And my absolute favorite thing, the AWARDS CEREMONY!!!!
    This I love so much (well I thought it would be actually fun). Nothing more entertaining than a group of sims that all gravitate to the nearest radio or instrument. Pay no attention to the host. Never sit down. Randomly go for jogs then return in a new outfit.

For me, this had so much potential that I get sick every time I tried to justify playing it. I see so much potential in so many things Get Famous has brought, but that's the story of the Sims 4. New stuff is released, go through patch nightmare, play through frustration, wait for modders to fix things and add actual entertaining features, then wait for the next round.

So much potential, as always, so much "living in denial" and having to "over pretend" to enjoy this game. Hammer to my head time.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2018

Seriously, this. The expansion really feels it has nothing significant to offer. They built a tiny world and repurposed GTW's career system, yet again, for acting. The build/buy content is mainly acting-themed, which won't be game changing for a majority of players' builds.

This is a game pack, and I would not spend more than half its price, if I were considering to buy it at all.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    So far so good.

Turns out the lot issue isn't an issue as the low levels of fame for my sims doesn't justify them living out there (except for one couple who I moved to the house on the hill), lol
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

The Celebs still travel to different worlds anyway...despite where they live.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018

The Celebs still travel to different worlds anyway...despite where they live.

Doesn't matter - not buying that small world. No way, no how. That will make it worse than ever and we already lack space. That is simply telling them it is okay to keep taking lots away from us. Well - it's not okay. I put my money where my mouth is. I don't need more sims with no place to put them. Bad enough they even made some of the lots not even editable. I said enough is enough.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    I binge played it the first days to the point that my sim is a level 9 actress and just couldn't stop. Having so much fun with it. These past days I started doing some make overs of the Maxis builds and absolutely loving the MCM items we got with this pack. I wish we did have more lots cus I'm a builder at heart but overall really enjoying this pack a lot
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    So far I like it. Haven't really gotten to play it though since I just built my sims a new house. Did manage to demolish the park in Del Sol Valley and put up a restaurant that's also a hot spot for celebrities. And what did my sim do? Fall all over herself trying to meet Dirk Dreamer, haha. :D
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »

I'd like it if they only appear on regular lots if they're in disguise.

This would be perfect for me as well! I could turn off fame so that none of my sims would become famous without my blessing. Also, if all celebrities walked around in disguise then they would not disrupt the rest of the game, get in the way of my story.

The only times I want to see fame ingame is when I actively are playing a famous sim, otherwise it could be a historical save or dystopian one. The celebrities with swooning fans would get in the way.

We will see what happens :)