Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Is Everyone Likiing Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    DsQ8ItsVAAA-O31.jpg:large

I lowered the wall heights and used the base game windows. This home is really working out well in Mirage Park.

I found another bug a moment ago. I had my Sim attend the Romance Festival and I'd say over 50% of the plants and flowers were growing outside of the planter boxes.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I am enjoying it so far. I'm using a tester save that will probably become a regular save...but the fact is: it's more entertaining than I anticipated. (good job, Gurus!). I have actually played all day and I honestly haven't done that in a few years, so that says something. I like the fact that you have to actually WORK to gain fame.
    Here's an aspiring actress of tester family with a wigging out neighbor. I love it when they get super excited!
    45933199711_c8a1c078e6_b.jpg19-TS4_x64.exe_DX9_20181118_054617 by Wendy Williams, on Flickr
    He's so smarmy!! I love him :smiley:
    45933198761_ef6bddbe70_b.jpg18-TS4_x64.exe_DX9_20181118_054547 by Wendy Williams, on Flickr
    I've only noted a few small bugs (any sim/pet near the hamster cage I have to reset because they become frozen half the time or items in build/buy have the hamster's needs bubble). Don't recall seeing that before adding the basic mods but it's not "game breaking", just mildly annoying since I have to periodically reset family members. Besides that, everything seems great to me.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Does anyone know how to get a sim in an angry mood without losing so much reputation because I really want my sim to be casted in the Captain Sigma role, lol... I would use a moodlet cheat but those obviouslg don’t work anymore. Why is there no angry potion? :(

If you haven't figured it out yet, click on your sim and select the research angry emotion. Same with any other emotion it wants you to complete with social interactions. Although I haven't had any luck completing this and it makes your reputation go down.
  • Options
    CaseyBlueCaseyBlue Posts: 26 Member
    I'm pretty disgusted with it so far. It's stressful. The terrains are a pain in the butt, and it doesn't matter how many YouTube videos that you watch to understand it. Buy the Pinnacles mansion and there is a ton of unnecessary terrain to try and deal with getting rid of (which I can't) and I can't even make a basement. No room for anything. Youtube videos don't work.

At least there is the fame part of the game and somewhere down the line I may find the VIP room possibilities again like in Sims 3. Right now, I don't see one single red carpet. Even with cheat mode.

I'm most upset with the acting career. I can't even get through a gig completely. Sims just keep getting Tin. My major issue with the gigs so far are that wardrobe does not have "get into Costume" as you need to do. Where is it? I click the stage right wardrobe, everything else is there for changing clothes, but not getting into the wardrobe.

My Sims don't even get to a performance. At first, I thought if I used no cheats for it (as I heard it may cause the gigs not to show up entirely). I used no cheats and still have the same problem. With less fun as well.

Everyone seems to think it's such a "gorgeous" background and all. I'm not getting it.

The signing autographs with pictures, though, this time around has been neat. The game changes the Sims themselves from what you started them as when they get fame points, which is upsetting, although you can get rid of quirks, fortunately.

I think they are charging too much for this expansion. I'll probably give up on the career part of it, though. But I would like to know where "Get into Costume" actually is if anyone know and can reply.

Thanks.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2018
    The road to fame is a steep climb, depending on what path your sim takes - it's taken hours, literally to get one of my sims to a 2+ star celebrity (sheerly by singing/piano playing/writing songs). But now I'm excited. My sim wrote a song and just got this:

LunaSong.png

Can't wait to attend the awards ceremony!
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2018
    CaseyBlue wrote: »
    I'm pretty disgusted with it so far. It's stressful. The terrains are a pain in the butt, and it doesn't matter how many YouTube videos that you watch to understand it. Buy the Pinnacles mansion and there is a ton of unnecessary terrain to try and deal with getting rid of (which I can't) and I can't even make a basement. No room for anything. Youtube videos don't work.

At least there is the fame part of the game and somewhere down the line I may find the VIP room possibilities again like in Sims 3. Right now, I don't see one single red carpet. Even with cheat mode.

I'm most upset with the acting career. I can't even get through a gig completely. Sims just keep getting Tin. My major issue with the gigs so far are that wardrobe does not have "get into Costume" as you need to do. Where is it? I click the stage right wardrobe, everything else is there for changing clothes, but not getting into the wardrobe.

My Sims don't even get to a performance. At first, I thought if I used no cheats for it (as I heard it may cause the gigs not to show up entirely). I used no cheats and still have the same problem. With less fun as well.

Everyone seems to think it's such a "gorgeous" background and all. I'm not getting it.

The signing autographs with pictures, though, this time around has been neat. The game changes the Sims themselves from what you started them as when they get fame points, which is upsetting, although you can get rid of quirks, fortunately.

I think they are charging too much for this expansion. I'll probably give up on the career part of it, though. But I would like to know where "Get into Costume" actually is if anyone know and can reply.

Thanks.

To the left of the building next to the room where you can do your hair, there's the stylist. You have to click on one of the two small black boxes in front of the mirror and select get into costume :) only then you can even start the performance on stage. First costume and hair, then tell director you're ready and showtime :)

ETA: looks like this:
    zfLYSHF.png
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • Options
    DaedaliusDaedalius Posts: 7 New Member
    > @ListentoToppDogg said:
    > Daedalius wrote: »
    >
    > > @TS1299 said:
    >
    > > Have you tried removing your Mods and CC then reaparing your game?
    >
    >
    > Good news: It seems I can train my animals again.
    >
    > Bad news: There is NO EXCUSE anymore for the devs. They really ARE extremely incompetent. After the Seasons expansion pack, many people had problems with the "obsessive pet" bug. This bug made it so that your pets would flood our sims action queue with actions so your sims would be stuck and couldn't do anything anymore because the queue was full. Guess what: I have this bug again! Hurray!
    >
    > I made 100% sure to delete all traces of mods and totally reinstall this game. So that means that the devs did not get rid of that bug for OVER a freakin year now. They had the time to create a new expansion pack but did not give a plum about gamebreaking bugs like these.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @Daedalius What? Seasons came out 5 months ago...

Yea I mixed something up and would have edited my wrong statement but this forum does not let me edit my posts for whatever sick reason. Nice feature that you have to "level up" in order to edit your god 🐸🐸🐸🐸 posts so that misunderstandings like these can even happen in the first place.

But nothing much besides that changed. I need a fanmade patch in order to play this game with the pets I PAID for because without said patch I would succumb to the "Pets spam your queue so your sims are locked most of the time"-bug. A bug like this shouldn't even exist after five months. But it does. Great.

Even after wiping everything Sims 4 related and reinstalling it, the most annoying bugs I complained about persist. All besides the weather "bug" which isn't a bug but working as intended as it seems and the disgust spam.

So I still have to walk like a snail because this game FORCES this stupid famous walk style on me (which seriously makes me NOT want to be a Megastar and above. It really is immensely annoying to basicly get a 50% movementspeed debuff I can't get rid of) and brands are still a mystery because nothing - not a single thing - happens after I paid the 300 bucks brand creation fee.

To be honest I wouldn't complain that much if it wasn't for that freakin walk style. I can live without the brands because I don't know what they do and basically don't even care anymore. But that famous walk style just slows the game immensely down for me. You CAN'T tell me that a obvious bug like this has slipped QA.
  • Options
    Rogu37654Rogu37654 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey soo I don't have enough money for get famous but if someone could buy it for me that'd be great xD jk lol
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Quite enjoying it so far. Right now I’ve pretty much just “set the stage” for my rotation game I’m going to play.

I made Bella and Nancy both very famous and and their kids and husbands somewhat famous. Bella has a custom (lady of leisure) job and a pristine rep, she’ll start throwing lots of charity balls. Nancy has an autrosis rep and is at the top of the business career, Malcom also has a terrible rep. Her husband however has a good rep. I also added a little girl to each family, and they’ll be best friends despite their families animosity. (Until they grow up and start competing for acting jobs)

So now that two my richest families are set. I have the Caliente sisters in the new world, and found a replica of their sims 2 house on the gallery which fits that world perfectly.

Dina is in the fashion career, (while she searches for a rich hubby)
    Nina is in social media (seemed closet to the slacker career) I didn’t cheat their fame or reps cause it’s gibna be fun to play that all out.

Don got a makeover and lives in the city with his suger-mama.

Now all I need to do is add my created sim who will probably try and become famous via, being a famous chef and eventually a food critic. I’m waiting a bit before totally delving into my game cause I’m sure a patch will be out soon to fix the cas bug.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Quite enjoying it so far. Right now I’ve pretty much just “set the stage” for my rotation game I’m going to play.

I'm still working on setting the stage for my rotation. Still building and moving things and sims around. Hoping to settle in to it and play with some of the new content soon. I've set up my sim who is going to be the music producer. Set up the teenager who will go for actress. Etc.

• Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I was on the fence and yeah, really hated not having a few empty lots to build on without having to bulldoze existing lots, but I was impressed with the perk and ranking systems and that you can make a "trouble making" celebrity so I got it.
    To me, its a fun challenge working on raising my sims celebrity status BUT I'm not going through the Acting Career, I'm seeing what happens working one of the older jobs in conjunction with the Skill/Career branch of the Perk Tree to see how that goes.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    This is the first time the game has me truly engrossed and attached to my PC.
    It is a lot better than I expected but considering they are upping their game with every new release, I should've known they were gonna deliver something great. I'm actually excited again for this series after a few months of being disappointed and basically just being a negative nancy about the entire thing.
    It's a lot of work (if you don't cheat) to get your sim to the top of the acting career and that's exactly what makes it so enticing to me.
    I love most new things in CAS and building. The reputation and celebrity systems seem to be working just fine.
    Yep I'm definitely enjoying this thing! I'm quite addicted to the game right now which hasn't happened since TS2.
    :heart: Thumbs up and a lot of pats on the backs for everyone who has contributed in the making of this EP. :heart:

The ridiculous small amount of lots does keep annoying me though. There should've been at least two extra lots on the rich part of town (at least 40x40) and about three extra lots in the neighborhood with small starter homes. I find it weird that the starter home lots are quite big. They could've been smaller and divided in extra lots. It's a big let down but the gameplay does make up for it.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The new video station ties in incredibly well with the Social Media career from City Living. My online superstar (who by the way has more than thirty million followers but is only a two star celebrity XD) uses the new drone and video station to further enhance/expand her career opportunities. I just love how naturally this packs game play blends with existing content.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Let me preface this by saying this was NOT an EP I requested or was really looking forwards to. HOWEVER, I'm having a great time! I still think it is a very niche theme, but it is very good at what it does. The acting career is brilliant, the celebrity system is miles better than the one in TS3, and all of the new content (CAS, Build/Buy, world, etc.) is lovely. Is this an EP I will use with most of my saves? Absolutely not, as I usually play everyday families. But I'm having a lot of fun with it right now, and I am sure that I will return to it at some point.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,541 Member
    It's still too early for a confident first impression, but I am intrigued despite not even scratching the surface.
    Right now I am doing a test run with a new save and some favorite sims living in an apartment as teens. Two of them have after school jobs with the drama club. The other two have normal after school jobs, but they are using the media skill objects.
    Getting%20Famous.png

They are currently teens with big dreams.
    11-18-18_12-01-13nbspPM.png

Monique: Custom career involving DJ-ing and producing music tracks, and perhaps some photography as well:
    11-17-18_8-38-53nbspPM.png

Olivia: Style Influencer, perhaps turning to acting later.
    11-17-18_8-42-36nbspPM.png

Meadow Thayer: Actor
    11-17-18_9-41-15nbspPM.png

Melonie Bloom: Comedian, perhaps turning to acting later.
    11-17-18_8-37-59nbspPM.png

I will have to redesign the Cosplayers support lot, but these objects are fantastic for what I want to do with it.
    11-18-18_12-43-52nbspPM.png

11-18-18_12-47-24nbspPM_1.png

11-18-18_12-24-44nbspPM.png

11-18-18_12-32-43nbspPM.png

My sims are teens mainly to help me refine my CosPlayers support lot.
    This pack is the icing on the cake for my invented game play.

I'll come back after I've gotten in deep with Get Famous.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    I had my first play today, rather than building, and have had a fab time joining the acting career.

I have had plenty of surprises cos I didn't see any info before the pack release. But I think I need to find out more now as know nothing about drones and video stations and getting famous in other careers...
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I'm loving it. It really adds something new to the game and I feel like I'm living out my inner dream to be famous through my sims, LOL.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Daedalius wrote: »
    I don't like it that much. Just to many bugs for my liking. Even for Maxis standards.

- Brands don't do anything for me. I created one for 300 bucks and nothing happened after that. No messages, no new gameplay features, nothing. It's like it never even happened but I definitely paid the brand creation fee...three times just to make sure.

- My sim wont stop using this plum famous walk style. When I change id trough the context menu it just reverts back to the mind numbingly slow famous walk style after a few seconds.

- My sim always reacts disgusted to stuff I have NO idea about. It doesn't matter where she is. Clean house? Disgust. City? Disgust. Sterile room without windows to aggravate her? Disgust. ALL. THE. TIME.

- I can't train the behaviour of my animals. The option simply is not there anymore. This bug wasn't there when I last played the game a few months ago. I would really like to tell my cat to not eat stuff it is not supposed to eat. But it seems Maxis doesn't give a plum about that. I've seen reports of this bug from November 2017 and it seems it has not been fixes yet. Typical Maxis style.

- No snow in the new City.

It just sums up, you know? Whenever I have fun I just find another bug or see the listed bugs. And that just dims the mood extremely.

@Daedalius - I have all the things you mentioned happening my game too. If I click for my Sim to use normal walk style....it'll revert back to the celebrity walk style, which I love for NPC's but not my Sims. The Brands aren't working....I'm assuming something else is supposed to happen once you pay the 300 bucks. & the reacting in disgust....is constant...I don't get it. What are they reacting to? I think these are all bugs and I'll be posting on the bug thread....to see if someone can review these.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited November 2018
    I am laughing so hard right now. This pack is so entertaining.

The first person camera makes everything so immersive. My Sim was SWAMPED by the paparazzi and fans and it was chaos! It is so much fun to watch it from that perspective.

The paparazzi even followed my Sim into the toilet, and he picked a fight with them. Now he has a bad reputation :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    I found out that my Sim can get paid to fart. I have the drone recording him farting again and again and then I have him upload that video. lol

So far he's made 139 simoleans from that video.

10/10 great ep
  • Options
    BearySweetBearySweet Posts: 4 New Member
    Does anyone know how I can get fans to ask my celebrity sim for a selfie?
  • Options
    I found out that my Sim can get paid to fart. I have the drone recording him farting again and again and then I have him upload that video. lol

So far he's made 139 simoleans from that video.

10/10 great ep

This is glorious :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @ParmaViolet87 how do you get to make a famous guitarist? Thats what i wanted to do for my sim but i dont know how.

@elanorbreton First I signed him up for a custom job. Then I had him practice/jam/sing songs at venues and parks until he started gaining recognition. Tips from Sims shot up as he leveled up in guitar and fame. I think he made about 250 simoleons in a couple of hours! I also made him write songs and licence them. He's won an award for one :smiley:

The thing is you have to keep him performing in public places to get money and keep up fame. Makes sense really. Not unless you want to stream your guitarist playing from his basement or something :blush: ....which is not a bad idea I guess!

He's at Level 3 Celeb status and is doing quite well for himself (other than his anger issues with the paparazzi lol) so I'm moving him to a new house soon. :smile:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited November 2018
    CaseyBlue wrote: »

Thanks.
    I play offline and haven't installed the patch or bought GF yet because the CAS aging bug has me spooked and I'm waiting for the fix. I've watched tons of Lets Plays and some tutorials on the terrain manipulation since I'm really looking forward to that.

Have you tried using ther lessons in the game for help? I often use them and found them helpful. There's one for terrain manipulation, it might help you more than videos since you can go through them point by point. I know you watched a lot of You Tube videos but I found The Simsupply terrain manipulation tutorial easy to understand and helpful. Of course I haven't actually tried it yet.
    Are you having trouble with the terrain tools from the patch? Are they not working or just overly complicated? I'm not sure what you mean by unnecessary terrain that you can't get rid of. Is the terrain why you're having trouble making a basement?

For the "get into costume" interaction, there's a box on the floor in front of the mirrors in the wardrobe room. Click on that and the option should appear. Your sim will stand in it as an NPC dresses them for the part, similar to the makeup chair. (Sorry, I just realized that @Simtrippy answered this with a pic 😊)
    Are you having trouble getting gigs, being able to go to a gig that your sim was hired for or once at the studio not getting to perform (because of your wardrobe issue)?

Since quirks are assigned by doing the same interaction multiple times in a short period of time so can you kind of control them by picking certain interactions.
    Does your sim change if you don't pick any fame perks? (I know there's the fame shine and famous walk- not sure if you need a perk for that. I also saw the bug report where the walk won't stay turned off)
    Post edited by N0NoTToN0N on
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I really like this expansion! I've had a lot of fun with it :grin:

My only little nitpick is the buy mode. I wish we got more furniture and clutter. It seems like 90% of the buy mode consist of movie props. Stuff that could as well have been unlocked through the debug cheat. I will probably never have any use for any of those things, haha.