The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Is Everyone Likiing Get Famous?

Comments

• Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    I feel like the little things that give you fame, such as performing in public like singing and dancing or updating your sim’s simstagram doesn’t increase the stars much... or at least it doesn’t seem like it to me. Anyways, still, it’s fun to have your muse do all those activities for a bit of increase in fame. Also, my sim now gets offered other jobs especially higher ranks within those jobs which is especially cool.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Well, so so, in first I liked it, and still like it but only actor things and work and scenes etc I don't like one thing - the city. It is small, and empty - if you live in mirage park, it is so quiet that you can kill yourself, if you live at somewhere Starlight then there are everywhere weird sims walking, that wearing panama shirts like it is resort area, even in winter. Seasons doesn't change much, always sun, and never snowing, rare rain (only once!), and even when it is cold no one change their winter dress, still walking in shorts. When I bought this weather machine, I made snow weather, yeah there was snow that finish fast and them melted in few minutes, and by the way snow covers only your area, the walking paths - not. I am a seasons fan, so probably i'll move my sims to another city. And again there is no pets around. Why pets only in 1 city?? :((
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I've only been playing with the pre-made Venessa so I haven't been able to explore all the aspects of the EP yet. I don't think I've even managed to upgrade the level of her celebrity status! But the acting career is super fun and I love that you can get famous in other jobs too.

With that said, I wish celebs were a little more rare, they're literally everywhere my Sim goes. And I'm glad we can opt out of the fame system because those randomly generated townie celebs were driving me crazy.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited November 2018
    Ravager619 wrote: »

I really like the gym in Del Sol Valley, but I noticed in the yoga room there were bath mats! I'm assuming this was a glitch. I hit F2 and put in the proper mats in there so now there's a yoga class.

That isn't a glitch. That was done in case someone who doesn't have the Spa Day GP, decides to get the EP and doesn't have the yoga mats in their game. Then they won't be getting an empty room when they load up the lot.

• Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Well, so so, in first I liked it, and still like it but only actor things and work and scenes etc I don't like one thing - the city. It is small, and empty - if you live in mirage park, it is so quiet that you can kill yourself, if you live at somewhere Starlight then there are everywhere weird sims walking, that wearing panama shirts like it is resort area, even in winter. Seasons doesn't change much, always sun, and never snowing, rare rain (only once!), and even when it is cold no one change their winter dress, still walking in shorts. When I bought this weather machine, I made snow weather, yeah there was snow that finish fast and them melted in few minutes, and by the way snow covers only your area, the walking paths - not. I am a seasons fan, so probably i'll move my sims to another city.

I'm guessing they made Del Sol Valley a warmer climate place where it's always sunny, much like Los Angeles. I haven't gotten to the Winter season yet in my game to see if it will actually snow, but I'm guessing it won't. I've also noticed that sometimes it will still be cold out, but my sims don't change into winter clothes - once again, I think it's because of the fact that it's still a warmer climate like L.A. It will get chilly some days, but not chilly enough to wear winter clothes.
  • Options
    moonandstarsmoonandstars Posts: 3 New Member
    Does anyone know how you get the PR Agency perk? I have Networking but no idea with this one.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I bought it yesterday since Im so weak. Worth every penny in my opinion. I spent ALL DAY on it and I still havent touched on the acting career. I built two new lots, a new "low income" house on the 50x40 lot and a fancy shamancy restaurant. I still dont like the price of the lot (despite me trying to make a cheap house with only cheap furniture it costs nearly 40k!!!) so I might go back and try to "fix" it up a bit and try to make the house cheaper. The museum on the Boulevard is now replaced by a restaurant (my sims NEVER go to museums) and Im pretty surprised at how quickly I built and finished it. Celebrities like to go here so expect to pay a cover!

I made Johnny Zest my first celebrity, and he's really starting to regret being so nice and approachable to his fanbase and paparazzi. And I gotta say, I havent had a genuine laugh while playing the sims in ages. For example I had Johnny go to the spa after a long week of Meet&Greets, celebrity parties, work, and sponsoring. While he gets a massage, here comes the paparazzi with their cameras flying everywhere! Sheesh he can't even go to the spa without them barging in! I couldnt help but laugh at that. Also Im glad that I opted out of sims immediately gaining fame early on. Alot more celebs were popping up than I'd like and I might need to do some culling. Celeb sights shouldnt be so common!

• Options
    CasuallySherlockCasuallySherlock Posts: 34 Member
    I have to say, aside from the bugs. I love how this pack, being an actor makes a very well rounded sim. They need certain skills to be famous. Each audition requires your skills in: handiness, guitar, charisma, fitness. Its a great way to build skills, I always find that I only built two skills up in other careers just to satisfy the job requirements but this is a much better way of skill building.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited November 2018
    So far loving it. But oh the things that have happened. A couple annoying ones well firstly my sim dies from trying to cook dinner so I started the game over from the last save. No big deal I'll just work on leveling her up again. Next she passed her audition only to be visited that night from Vlad. And yelp he drank from her the night before her gig. So now she is uncomfortable. Hope the gig goes well though.
    2a6wjno.jpg

My sim is seriously unlucky and I didn't even intend her to be that way. She has had a slew of misfortune thus far. Hope her things look up for once she starts her career.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,346 Member
    I like it!
  • Options
    DaedaliusDaedalius Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't like it that much. Just to many bugs for my liking. Even for Maxis standards.

- Brands don't do anything for me. I created one for 300 bucks and nothing happened after that. No messages, no new gameplay features, nothing. It's like it never even happened but I definitely paid the brand creation fee...three times just to make sure.

- My sim wont stop using this idiotic famous walk style. When I change id trough the context menu it just reverts back to the mind numbingly slow famous walk style after a few seconds.

- My sim always reacts disgusted to stuff I have NO idea about. It doesn't matter where she is. Clean house? Disgust. City? Disgust. Sterile room without windows to aggravate her? Disgust. ALL. THE. TIME.

- I can't train the behaviour of my animals. The option simply is not there anymore. This bug wasn't there when I last played the game a few months ago. I would really like to tell my cat to not eat stuff it is not supposed to eat. But it seems Maxis doesn't give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about that. I've seen reports of this bug from November 2017 and it seems it has not been fixes yet. Typical Maxis style.

- No snow in the new City.

It just sums up, you know? Whenever I have fun I just find another bug or see the listed bugs. And that just dims the mood extremely.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,605 Member
    Daedalius wrote: »
    I don't like it that much. Just to many bugs for my liking. Even for Maxis standards.

- Brands don't do anything for me. I created one for 300 bucks and nothing happened after that. No messages, no new gameplay features, nothing. It's like it never even happened but I definitely paid the brand creation fee...three times just to make sure.

- My sim wont stop using this plum famous walk style. When I change id trough the context menu it just reverts back to the mind numbingly slow famous walk style after a few seconds.

- My sim always reacts disgusted to stuff I have NO idea about. It doesn't matter where she is. Clean house? Disgust. City? Disgust. Sterile room without windows to aggravate her? Disgust. ALL. THE. TIME.

- I can't train the behaviour of my animals. The option simply is not there anymore. This bug wasn't there when I last played the game a few months ago. I would really like to tell my cat to not eat stuff it is not supposed to eat. But it seems Maxis doesn't give a plum about that. I've seen reports of this bug from November 2017 and it seems it has not been fixes yet. Typical Maxis style.

It just sums up, you know? Whenever I have fun I just find another bug or see the listed bugs. And that just dims the mood extremely.

- My sim wont stop using this plum famous walk style. When I change id trough the context menu it just reverts back to the mind numbingly slow famous walk style after a few seconds.

- I can't train the behaviour of my animals. The option simply is not there anymore. This bug wasn't there when I last played the game a few months ago. I would really like to tell my cat to not eat stuff it is not supposed to eat. But it seems Maxis doesn't give a plum about that. I've seen reports of this bug from November 2017 and it seems it has not been fixes yet. Typical Maxis style.

Have you tried removing your Mods and CC then reaparing your game?
  • Options
    I'm not using any mods...

And I'm pretty sure that I downloaded this game just last week to prepare for the new expansion pack. I didn't play this game for many months. But now that you mention it, I'm nut 100% sure that I did a clean download last week. More like...95% sure. Maybe this game rotted all those months on my harddrive and got bugged up with some updates that didn't work =___=

I guess I will nuke it just to be sure and reinstall it completely new. If that works, I will personally make sure that you will become an
    official deity in my city.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,614 Member
    @ParmaViolet87 how do you get to make a famous guitarist? Thats what i wanted to do for my sim but i dont know how.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    DsPSzA-UcAIqmia.jpg:large

For giggles, I decided to make a Mid-Century Modern home on the Inner Circle lot this morning and I really like how it turned out. It's only 2br/1ba, but it's still going to cost $80k to move in. At the same time, it really has only the things I'd want in a home without all of the extra space I'd never use.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,596 Member
    I like that you can get game with different jobs if you do choose too. It is a bit of a grind, but not as much compared to others but you definitely gotta work at it.

Been enjoying the game a few hours straight at a time. This really adds a lot of detail and gameplay for sure. Other than a few tweaks to things I'm having fun.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited November 2018
    It would be much more enjoyable if my game didn't keep getting corrupted. Anytime I'm playing a celebrity and go into edit world mode, I can't seem to replay that household. The game acts as if there is noone living there and then seems to delete the sim. I don't understand why. I have no mods or CC. I just want to play the game. I've had to restart new games 5 times now.

30990299237_8ad2a2f331_h.jpg11-17-18_5-38-03 PM by Cocoa Bean, on Flickr
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    :p Alright I'm in.
    I have the week off and I might as well explore it as I deal with my custom content and make plans for when I seriously start playing my old saves again. Downloading.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    > @TS1299 said:

> Have you tried removing your Mods and CC then reaparing your game?

Good news: It seems I can train my animals again.

Bad news: There is NO EXCUSE anymore for the devs. They really ARE extremely incompetent. After the Seasons expansion pack, many people had problems with the "obsessive pet" bug. This bug made it so that your pets would flood our sims action queue with actions so your sims would be stuck and couldn't do anything anymore because the queue was full. Guess what: I have this bug again! Hurray!

I made 100% sure to delete all traces of mods and totally reinstall this game. So that means that the devs did not get rid of that bug for OVER a freakin year now. They had the time to create a new expansion pack but did not give a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about gamebreaking bugs like these.

So what? I traded bugs for different bugs? I hate myself SO much for always buying the new expansion packs expecting things to change and actually get a bug free experience. I just can't believe it.
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    I really like the audition prerequisites. I always wished the regular careers had skill prerequisites in order to get a job in it to make it more realistic.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    > @TS1299 said:

> Have you tried removing your Mods and CC then reaparing your game?

Good news: It seems I can train my animals again.

Bad news: There is NO EXCUSE anymore for the devs. They really ARE extremely incompetent. After the Seasons expansion pack, many people had problems with the "obsessive pet" bug. This bug made it so that your pets would flood our sims action queue with actions so your sims would be stuck and couldn't do anything anymore because the queue was full. Guess what: I have this bug again! Hurray!

I made 100% sure to delete all traces of mods and totally reinstall this game. So that means that the devs did not get rid of that bug for OVER a freakin year now. They had the time to create a new expansion pack but did not give a plum about gamebreaking bugs like these.

@Daedalius What? Seasons came out 5 months ago...

• Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited November 2018
    I played for all of an hour the night I downloaded this EP. I was able to go into CAS and look at the new clothes and accessories. I took a peek at DSV but didn't do anything there. I switched my Sim's original career to Influencer and got her started on a promotion task (Interview 2 Sims).

Then I came here and read about all the bugs people were already seeing, especially the CAS aging bug. I spend most of my time in S4 in CAS picking outfits and customizing the appearance of my Sims. These bugs are unacceptable to me. I do not want to find my Sim will have a birthday before I am ready, especially when I play with aging OFF.

Needless to say, I feel I wasted $40. I have gone back to Sims 2.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,570 Member

This! This is happening so much! I thought it was because my sim has the “no touch” quirk where she doesn’t like to be touched by just anyone, only friends and family, but she was in her home with her husband and friend and she was getting this reaction! Her home was clean too
  • Options
    kendallrankendallran Posts: 125 Member
    edited November 2018

The no snow isn’t a bug. When seasons came out they said all worlds will have different climates. Since Del Sol Valley is similar to L.A, it’s going to be warmer and won’t receive much snow, like Oasis Springs.

• Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    Does anyone know how to get a sim in an angry mood without losing so much reputation because I really want my sim to be casted in the Captain Sigma role, lol... I would use a moodlet cheat but those obviouslg don’t work anymore. Why is there no angry potion? :(