Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positivity Challenge is a little wonky...

Comments

• Options
    Unicr0ne_SimmerUnicr0ne_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    When I tried to call the event coordinator, I went through everything in the sim mobile and Calling the event coordinator isn't even an option though the thing for the positivity challenge is up at the top of the screen. Is there anyone that can help me out here?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    When I tried to call the event coordinator, I went through everything in the sim mobile and Calling the event coordinator isn't even an option though the thing for the positivity challenge is up at the top of the screen. Is there anyone that can help me out here?

Hello @Unicr0ne_Simmer
    The option is in the social section of the sims phone.
    If it isn’t appearing, try coming completely out of the game, Then reload the game again, and see if it appears then.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited November 2018

Are you using any mods? I know at least one of them (Longer interactions queue) has an issue that prevents the option for event coordinator from showing up.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    if anyone's interested, LeGardePourpre has compiled a list of (mostly) hidden traits that came out with the patch. this includes the six traits for the positivity challenge (unlocking, each step of the ambition, and the final reward trait) as well as several other things (such as three from the new tutorial)

here's a screenshot of them, for the spelling if anyone wants to cheat them in
    90623f716eb409dc4fd0015f06bcb962.png
  • Options
    SkyeSkitSkyeSkit Posts: 25 Member
    Is it also normal in this challenge to not have wants/wishes anymore?? If so.. that means 17 days left of game play and my sims will NOT be increasing their present reward points (i.e one sim only 113 pts as of today !)
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    SkyeSkit wrote: »
    Is it also normal in this challenge to not have wants/wishes anymore?? If so.. that means 17 days left of game play and my sims will NOT be increasing their present reward points (i.e one sim only 113 pts as of today !)

The new update added a feature that lets you hide them, and turned it on by default. Go into game options and toggle them back on (note that with them hidden, you still DO have wants and wishes that can be fulfilled...you just don't see what they are.)
  • Options
    unfrufru69unfrufru69 Posts: 3 New Member
    Is anyone else not able to select the positivity aspiration? I've tried the Change Aspiration and Editing the Sim and that option is not there.
  • Options
    unfrufru69 wrote: »
    Is anyone else not able to select the positivity aspiration? I've tried the Change Aspiration and Editing the Sim and that option is not there.

Hello @unfrufru69
    You need to use your phone to “ call the event coordinator”, then when Millie arrives, you need to talk to her and use the interaction to ask her to “ issue the positivity ”. This will unlock the challenge aspiration category, and she can then do the positivity challenge,
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > unfrufru69 wrote: »
    >
    > Is anyone else not able to select the positivity aspiration? I've tried the Change Aspiration and Editing the Sim and that option is not there.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @unfrufru69
    > You need to use your phone to “ call the event coordinator”, then when Millie arrives, you need to talk to her and use the interaction to ask her to “ issue the positivity ”. This will unlock the challenge aspiration category, and she can then do the positivity challenge,

Thanks Rosemow, I did those and received the boxes but still can't select the aspiration.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > unfrufru69 wrote: »
    >
    > Is anyone else not able to select the positivity aspiration? I've tried the Change Aspiration and Editing the Sim and that option is not there.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @unfrufru69
    > You need to use your phone to “ call the event coordinator”, then when Millie arrives, you need to talk to her and use the interaction to ask her to “ issue the positivity ”. This will unlock the challenge aspiration category, and she can then do the positivity challenge,

Thanks Rosemow, I did those and received the boxes but still can't select the aspiration.

Try coming completely out of the game. Then reload the game again and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either
  • Options
    unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either

Are you sure you aren't just overlooking it? You have to select the "challenge" category when changing aspirations, then select it from there, it's not named popularity in the main heading you have to select first.

Also, are you trying with the same sim who spoke to the event coordinator? For me it didn't show up for any sims but that one. I had to call the event coordinator again for other sims.
  • Options
    jen4306jen4306 Posts: 3 New Member
    I finished the aspiration but the counter at the top of my screen still says 3/4. Am i missing something?
  • Options
    NichuNichu Posts: 35 Member
    jen4306 wrote: »
    I finished the aspiration but the counter at the top of my screen still says 3/4. Am i missing something?

You have to collect all the posters from the Box of Kindness, you only collected 3 so far. After that you can ring the event coordinator and get your new trait as well.
    Simmer since 2000
    Origin ID: yieunn
  • Options
    JS444444JS444444 Posts: 3 New Member
    I had a problem with the challenge. I completed it with a few of my other sims with no issues, but then I did the challenge with a sim who didn't have a house built on her lot yet. After completing the 4 levels, I noticed there was no pile of presents. I called the event coordinator, but couldn't receive my reward. If anyone else has this problem, I solved it by adding a new sim to my household and having them start the challenge. When the coordinator left presents for him, my original sim was able to open them, call Millie and get her reward. Then I moved the new sim out.
  • Options
    Unicr0ne_SimmerUnicr0ne_Simmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > Unicr0ne_Simmer wrote: »
    >
    > When I tried to call the event coordinator, I went through everything in the sim mobile and Calling the event coordinator isn't even an option though the thing for the positivity challenge is up at the top of the screen. Is there anyone that can help me out here?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Are you using any mods? I know at least one of them (Longer interactions queue) has an issue that prevents the option for event coordinator from showing up.

I disabled all my cc's and script mod because I don't remember specifically what ones I have and I managed to call the event coordinator on the sim mobile, so thank you
  • Options
    si11y1ionsi11y1ion Posts: 1 New Member
    In my case, I had completed the challenges and collected all 4 posters, but when I invited her over to collect the trait rewards, she was standing on the top of the foundation stairs next to the front door. For some reason, my sim wasn't able to complete the collect reward action. (He would wave his hands in the air like there was something stopping him from completing it)

She would not move from this spot. (I'm guessing because they programmed her to just stand there for a while, then leave)

To fix this, I moved the stairs and placed an object 'on her' until she was moved out of the way. Then my sim was able to complete the collect reward action because she wasn't on the stairs anymore.

Hope this helps someone!
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    do we have to do the challenge for every household? I only play with one main household but want all my sims to have this objection of kindness
  • Options
    JurnéEnds wrote: »
    do we have to do the challenge for every household? I only play with one main household but want all my sims to have this objection of kindness

Yep, if you want the trait and objects in each household. Or you can use cheats to just add them, of course.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Another interaction that works as a Good Deed is "Tell Funny Story" - You can also drop and pick up trach piles repeatedly (it registers as a Good Deed when you pick it up, not when you throw it away.)
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Did anyone else have Jasmine Holiday show up as the Event Coordinator instead of Millie Bobbie Brown?

I did. I deleted her with MCCC and called event coordinator again.

Milly Bobby Brown spawned to replace her.

• Options
    Doing the challenge again on another sim who has the charisma that boosts relationship when you first meet a new sim....creates a real problem for the second milestone, that requires good deeds to 'acquaintances'.

Anyone know how a sim like that can meet people without instantly becoming friends?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Doing the challenge again on another sim who has the charisma that boosts relationship when you first meet a new sim....creates a real problem for the second milestone, that requires good deeds to 'acquaintances'.

Anyone know how a sim like that can meet people without instantly becoming friends?

Use the Rude Introduction. It only gives a slight relationship hit, which can be made up with a few interactions.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Use the Rude Introduction. It only gives a slight relationship hit, which can be made up with a few interactions.

Excellent, tyvm! Now why didn't I think of that....

• Options
    MaggiedollMaggiedoll Posts: 241 Member
    edited November 2018
    simwolf wrote: »
    @GrumpyGlowfish If it helps, it seems that the 'good deeds' part only works on people with whom you have an 'acquaintance' level relationship. I found pulling a few people in off the street, introducing sim and then brightening their day.

So if your sim has the incredibly friendly reward trait, you have to meet a sim and insult them a couple of times before brightening their day? If it works, that's hilarious.

ETA: Yup.. it works.
  • Options
    jennyskywalkerjennyskywalker Posts: 1 New Member
    When I call the event coordinator on any of my sims Jasmine Holiday appears...and the farthest I can get is 3/4 because the only options Jasmine has are "Ask about the positivity challenge" or "Ask to leave" - How do I get Millie?!