Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Positivity Challenge is a little wonky...

So... Has anyone gotten past the second level of the Positivity aspiration yet?

It tells you to do five nice or helpful things, like brightening someone's day or taking out the trash. Sounds simple enough, except from my experience so far, brightening the day is actually the only social option that goes with this challenge, and it only works once. I can never find enough trash to take out, and cleaning someone else's house or doing their laundry apparently doesn't count as helpful.

Oh, and by the way, the sim that came to my house when I called to start the challenge wasn't Millie Bobby Brown, but Jasmine Holiday.

Comments

• DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Yes, I've completed the challenge. My sim did not receive the reward trait (Kindness Ambassador) in her panel, nor does she have any available social interactions like Encourage to Kindness.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    edited November 2018
    It seems to be very bugged at the moment. I managed to get to the second part of the aspiration, but nothing ever happens when I bright other sims days or do chores.

Edit: And also, Millie Bobbie Brown doesn't show up when I call the event coordinator. It's just Jasmine Holiday, lol.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Yes, I've completed the challenge. My sim did not receive the reward trait (Kindness Ambassador) in her panel, nor does she have any available social interactions like Encourage to Kindness.

You have to call the event coordinator and then talk to her to get the award.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish If it helps, it seems that the 'good deeds' part only works on people with whom you have an 'acquaintance' level relationship. I found pulling a few people in off the street, introducing sim and then brightening their day.

I got Jasmine Holiday too :D
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,842 Member
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    simwolf wrote: »
    @GrumpyGlowfish If it helps, it seems that the 'good deeds' part only works on people with whom you have an 'acquaintance' level relationship. I found pulling a few people in off the street, introducing sim and then brightening their day.

I got Jasmine Holiday too :D

That was the issue I had at first. My sim has the "Incredibly Friendly" trait, so it was tough at first actually making acquaintances without them becoming friends instantly. But it worked in the end, completed the aspiration and got the trait.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Denimjo wrote: »

You have to call the event coordinator and then talk to her to get the award.

I belatedly realized that after I read the patch notes. D'oh!

Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • goldann25goldann25 Posts: 37 Member
    Are future sims going to be able to get the kindness ambassador trait after the challenge is over?
  • FiresinopaFiresinopa Posts: 32 Member
    I'm actually having an issue even starting the challenge. My Sims calls the coordinator over. But when I click on ask about positivity challenge, they seem to have an issue. For example, they wave their arms about with a gold lock in their speech bubble. I'm not sure what that is about.
  • MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited November 2018
    I called the event coordinator and Jasmine Holiday showed up even though it says in the flavour text that it's supposed to be Millie Bobby Brown, completed all of the aspiration but I can't tell if I have the trait or not because the ui for the trait menu is so long it jumps off screen (my sims has a lot of bonus traits). The positivity challenge thing in the top left still says 0/4 and it mentions something to do with positivity posters which are nowhere to be found.

EDIT - I figured it out! There is a pile of presents outside that I didn't notice and whenever you complete an aspiration level you can claim your reward at the present pile! So it works!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I had a teen girl come to mu house. my sim asked about challenge, then there was another option which he did, then the presents appeared in the kitchen. I gave them away as a gift. I thought that was what I was supposed to do. will look at walk through.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Ahhh I see, those boxes were for my sim, I wonder if I can get more?? It will have to wait until tomorrow to find out.
    > @Firesinopa said:
    > I'm actually having an issue even starting the challenge. My Sims calls the coordinator over. But when I click on ask about positivity challenge, they seem to have an issue. For example, they wave their arms about with a gold lock in their speech bubble. I'm not sure what that is about.

UPDATE: I restarted my PC after failing to start the challenge. I was able to finally approach Millie Bobbi Brown. Yay.
    > @feetinstockings said:
    > Ahhh I see, those boxes were for my sim, I wonder if I can get more?? It will have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

Lol omg. I'm sorry this made me laugh. I think you might still be able to get another pile. Please let us know if you can in case others do the same thing.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Did anyone else have Jasmine Holiday show up as the Event Coordinator instead of Millie Bobbie Brown?
  • Ambra13SimAmbra13Sim Posts: 41 Member
    im not fetting any boxes after i finish each section how do i get the boxes??
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited November 2018
    So are the boxes renewed with aspiration or just each day ? Because every challenge so far the rewards were obtainable in buydebug and still useable afterwards. The posters are probably fine and there will most likely be a cheat for the trait (?) but the boxes if tied to the aspiration will have no other use.

Okay I just realized the boxes give the posters for the aspiration milestones and something random unrelated the rest of the time so I was worried over nothing. Probably.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2018
    bit late to the party here (yay w*rk), but the info i've discovered so far, with pictures! (i'm fond of picture walkthroughs)

first off, my 'main' household that i always test things with already has all existing reward traits and such, so the second step was... annoying at first, because of 'incredibly friendly'. what i wound up doing was having them give the mean greeting to sims at first, which got them into the slightly red portion of 'acquaintances', so they were able to keep sims there long enough to get credit for the '5 good deeds with acquaintances' step

first off, i did get millie bobby brown as my coordinator:
    d4f5414fee1b9da52cca5fca162b9eb9.png

second off, the reward box is given to every single sim in a household that starts the event, even though they can all use the same one to collect rewards:
    85d65956b07375f1edf98c16adde784b.png
    i'm going to be using the simray to transform these extras into things that sell decently...even though the family doesn't need the money

third off, so far i've seen two interactions that count for 'good deeds'. one is friendly, only occurs if in a happy mood, 'brighten day'. this is, of course, the one mentioned in the decriptions of the event
    f5dd8be20d1fd8f583c376b133573387.png

the second interaction is under the funny category, 'tell funny story':
    915b1143b436cb39a8c09c18450c52ee.png

haven't yet completed the ambition, but seems easy once you realize these things (it hasn't even been 12 sim hours since i started and already on the third step

editing to add: yes, as you complete each step you can collect one poster from the piles of boxes. these posters look to not need unlocking in buy mode, but doing the challenge saves you from spending nearly $1k per poster
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,842 Member
    edited November 2018
    Thought giving a gift would qualify as a good deed. He liked it but unfortunately it did not qualify.

t9GvlgN.png
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Thought giving a gift would qualify as a good deed. He liked it but unfortunately it did not qualify.

t9GvlgN.png
    There are specific interactions that qualify for a good deed and will have the event icon next to it. I completed the challenge and the only things I had were to tell a joke or funny story (can't remember exactly which one) and brighten day (which only showed up when I was lvl 2 in Charisma)
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited November 2018
    and completed (on one sim. the others aren't far behind)

first note, aspiration reminds you to collect all the posters before calling the coordinator again
    a4babc29b9a98c9e6e3d044aef8aa96b.png

the posters are actually a new collection, just four items in it. the 27th collection introduced to the game

options with millie once your sim completed the aspiration (as she's a teen, those with the parenting skill get a few options to influence her to do):
    46433632b82c4df313abba7275221f18.png

being cheered on for completing the aspiration:
    23673ef168b3f13070c09348948de4be.png

0a4cbbfc5a96483c124724b4fc5a6d01.png

2b3b4844a8f7b234db26a1e9b6cb506a.png

with the new trait, sims are able to challenge others to be kind (including millie herself, apparently)
    c756771c3381fa2047bcce5fb47d8f20.png

had him challenge another sim in the household (his wife) to be kind, but didn't see any new moodlets or anything from it. i'm guessing this actually unlocks the challenge aspiration for other sims so they don't have to call millie/jasmine (possibly making it doable without the event being around, eventually. we'll have to see)
  • lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    edited November 2018
    I am unable to find the boxes - is this a bug? I completed the aspiration, but no boxes?
    nevermind - found the boxes in the household inventory
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    Ironically the challenge coordinator was in a foul mood and kicked my trashcan over....so much for positivity lol

Lol, well, she's a teen after all.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    LOL at everyone who still gets Jasmine Holiday. XD

She will live on forever and be the death of our sims. :scream:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif