Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much realness do you try to incorporate into your game?

How far do you go with it?

With me for example, I make my sims actually do their chores. In life you have to clean, wash dishes, and what not so I dont do it for them
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2018
    If you asked me this question when I was playing Sims 3 I would have said, not anything real. My sim was one major super magical modded hybrid. She was a genie fairy and witch hybrid. She didn't even have to lift a single finger to change her baby's diaper, and she used magical charms to take care of everyone's needs. If she liked someone, she didn't go to visit them but used a spell to bring them to her. It was quite funny seeing some of them pop in with only their underwear on. If she didn't like them, she zapped them off to who knows where. If she got any bills, she just turned them into gold and sold off the gold, so no bills.

In Sims 4, my sims are just stuck with the mundane chores to do.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Very little. I don’t really like the time management aspect of the game, which is funny because that’s the entire premise of the game. I usually have some specific thing I’m trying to accomplish, so if anything gets in the way of that, then I just use cheats to get rid of it.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2018
    I mean, sims spin around once to change clothes. Ghosts, vampires and aliens roam the streets with impunity. Fruit salad restores youth and bovine-plant hybrids eat people and harvest their life essence. I don't see the appearance of the Mystical Cursor that drags and drops the dirty dishes into the sink or dish washer as much of an affront in that sense.
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    I like to roleplay them as relatively real. I don’t have the vampires pack because I dislike vampires (though I did have witches in Sims 3). That said I drag the dishes to the sink every time because dish washing is the worst chore. I do have my Sims do laundry, clean surfaces and mop as normal though.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have certain rules for my Sims - I'm perfectly comfortable with using the money cheat rather than starting from the initial 20,000 and working their way up, but like the OP, I make my Sims clean up after themselves. I might use a cheat to buy a 'hidden' item, but I never cheat on skills or job promotions. And I never use the 'make happy' cheat - that would just make it too easy, and boredom follows. (I don't buy most of the aspiration rewards that remove needs, either - I do use the 'seldom weary' and 'independent', but not the 'never weary' or 'needs no one'.)

This is what I like about the game, however, and it's what makes it unique - players can decide which parts they want their Sims to do on their own, and which parts they'd rather skip because they have other designs.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    The only way is realistic for me.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    It varies by household. Give my druthers, my play style is very real. When my sims first wake up it's toilet/shower/brush teeth and then brew coffee and make breakfast while they watch the news.

I have 'laundry days' and regularly change their outfits. As they get older I go in to give them graying hair or obviously dyed hair. I often give different members of the family different chores. Like in one family, maybe the son is the sole caretaker of the dog. In another, only the mother does all the cooking.

It really depends on whatever story I have going on in my head.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited November 2018
    Apart from the supernatural elements within the game itself, like aliens or vampires, I try to be as realistic as possible. My sims have to do chores and work for their money, I don't age up anyone prematuraley (except toddlers that have run out of things to do), and if I want a sim who doesn't get tired or hungry or cold as much as others, I purchase bonus traits that make them more resilient, but never the super versions that remove those needs completely. There are no god sims in my main and only played save, and I use cheats or mods only to fix the game's mistakes.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Definitely not realistic play. I get enough of that in my daily life, lol. I like to create strange and fantastical Sims, fictional characters, supernaturals, etc. In my main save I've got varieties of Vampires, Aliens, Fairies, Elves, eccentrics, my sinister Midnight Carnival group, Penny Dreadfuls, retro eras and others.

I also like to make themed neighborhoods so that the builds and households all have their own place.

In one save I have a world where Vampires pretty much rule over mortals but Oasis Springs is the main (sort of apocalyptic) stronghold of humans where they are building a resistance and training hunters and taking refuge. The sun is stronger there so Vampires don't stand as much of a chance. But the rest of the world is very gothy/Victorian and full of dark builds. I think when I get GF eventually, I'm going to make that an Alien territory and mix it up a little. The flashy lights and modern layout will blend well for that, I think.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    VibseVibse Posts: 100 Member
    I love supernaturals and in the sims 4 it seems that no matter what I do a vampire always manages to sneak into the family tree.
    Origin ID: Vibse83
    The Jensen family tree
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    About half and half with me. I don't consider my 'helping out' with the dirty dishes unrealistic. Both my game saves are already unrealistic in that one is set in the 18th century and electricity was only just discovered, but not yet in use, for one. Also, getting my Sims to leave their (non-existent) cell phones alone is impossible.

My other save is a futuristic save, set somewhere in the 23rd century. So, they don't have all the advances I'd expect us to have by then.

As for interactions between Sims, I try to make them as realistic as possible. Sims are Sims, after all. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I try to be realistic when it comes to careers. Some moods aid skill-building so any sims with traits that cause said moods I have them pursue an appropriate career.

For example, focused aids computer programming so only sims with the genius trait will go into that career. Because, let's face it, we all aren't painters, writers or tech gurus are we?

I use business as a default career since it's more of a common man's job.

I notice that the new patch has done away with ideal moods for careers but that doesn't bother me. I'm kinda glad I don't have to have them ponder moves on a chess board an hour before clocking on.

• Options
    joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Definitely not realistic play. I get enough of that in my daily life, lol.

This right here is me as well. Not that I wouldn't have fun playing realistically, but I have fun doing things that wouldn't happen in real life.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't cheat, but other than that nothing is off-limits to me.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    Depends on the size of the household. I find that it's pretty difficult to manage a larger household without using cheats or giving them a hand with the housework.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    As unrealistic as possible.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited November 2018
    I like making sims wash their hands after using the bathroom, or making pregnant sims brush their teeth after fighting morning sickness. Kids and teens always have a backpack and extra books most of them go to bed late when they have a lot of homework ,normal and projects, as they know what happens to their weekend if they get lazy at school. I like when sims go and get things to drink you know mouth gets dry and that's the worst. I let my sims eat whatever they want as I don't waste food if it's 6 am and all you have would be steak left over from dinner that's what you're having.

Aside from that depends on my mood if I add anything more it's not that important to me but it's also fun to add in where I can.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I've tried playing "realistic" for a while but it wasn't my style. I think the most "realistic" thing I like in my game is family play and the dynamics that can go with it. Everything is completely unrealistic and whimsical. I do prefer supernatural in my games to spice stuff up and keep it interesting.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I don’t often use cheats. I sometimes use the money cheat at the beginning to build a house depending on the story I want to tell but that’s about it. In game they do all the dishes, take out the trash, repair items and work on their skills, aspirations and careers without any help from me.

The only time I use skill/career cheats is if it’s a household I don’t play often and I do this for my story telling. But for the most part I do it all myself.
  • Options
    Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    Oh, I play very realistically! :sweat_smile:
    No money cheats, do my chores, brush the teeth...
    I was playing my sim self so religiously that it tend to be a chore more than a fun game play, cause if anything happens which I believe to be unrealistic then I have to use my imagination, pretend it didn’t happen or reload the save. However, i have recently made a sim which isn’t myself and even though i play realistically, it’s more laid back and fun for myself :)
    I Will have, however, make a save soon when I can go mental with unrealism and find things to do which I haven’t noticed
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Definitely not realistic play. I get enough of that in my daily life, lol.

This right here is me as well. Not that I wouldn't have fun playing realistically, but I have fun doing things that wouldn't happen in real life.

I third this. Reality is stressful enough already.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Birth. :lol: I don’t like too much realism. I see that everyday. Then again, due to the lack of fantasy in this game I’m kinda forced to use reality.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I don't do a lot of "hand of God" for my sims. I like making them take care of needs, so I rarely use the "less/never" traits and I like making them cook and wash dishes. I miss my sims having to make their own beds. Not that "toss the covers up, bed perfectly made" bit, either.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Cutie_Pie3074Cutie_Pie3074 Posts: 288 Member
    I try to keep my game realistic... but sometimes you cant. (By that I mean things like that time I was having a wedding... then the groom and a guest who was a vampire die... exactly at the same time)

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    The only time I am realistic is when it comes to relationships and finding my sims significant other. I try to get my sims to date at least one person before they marry "the one". And I don't like to rush things either. Since I doubled my sims lifespan it gives me more time for them to go on dates before rushing into marriage and having children.
    ZnG1wMG.png