Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

November Patch: Your Thoughts (Patch Notes Now Available)

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Lmao First person looks scary in my sim
    puLQUeq.jpgmhSywDp.jpg
    I wasn't able to exit unless I presed the "Esc" button89qD4MR.jpg
    I gave me lot a very small terrain alteration and I love the simplicity of itY9M4zZv.jpg[
    What. the. heck. The head is supposed to be removed in first person.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Pretty packed patch, but I still want a chance of when a customer visits a food store, like a bakery, they will be hungry so tables won't be entirely useless.

That chance was supposedly added in a patch years ago. I guess the chance is still too small.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    Shira3000 wrote: »
    my game can't start after the new update...

Hello @Shira3000
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then try starting the game.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    What. the. heck. The head is supposed to be removed in first person.

Those are his dentures.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited November 2018
    @IngeJones , he is an English cream goldendoodle and he's spoiled rotten. 😀
    ETA: I wanted to make him in game but if he got sick and croaked I would have been heartbroken.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ah that explains his rather unusual face shape. He's lovely! x
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,412 Member
    The needs of cats or dogs that live in another household will no longer start off low when your Sim visits their household.
    I suppose this is also when rotating to a new family, not just visiting? Hopefully :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    Did anyone else try the new tutorial? I did but there was no voice and nothing happened. The tutorial house is cute tho.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I decided to play as noob and follow tutorial. I made one sim and game automatically put me in Willow Creek next to BFFs with some roommate? House has lots of things, not only essentials. Now I follow instructions and it's pretty fun. :D Also, ultra speed worked fine while my sim was sleeping.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Positivity Challenge.

KsLf2AC.png

I can't remember now, but if I change my Sims' current aspiration to this one, will I be able to go back to the original one at the same level?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,023 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    Positivity Challenge.

KsLf2AC.png

I can't remember now, but if I change my Sims' current aspiration to this one, will I be able to go back to the original one at the same level?

Yes. :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    The terrain manipulation is AWESOME! I love how you can easily connect stairs on high hills so the sims can access it! I am not a quality builder but I will be messing around with this all the time! So fun!!!
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Kolby wrote: »
    Did anyone else try the new tutorial? I did but there was no voice and nothing happened. The tutorial house is cute tho.

Do you have either Enable Help Tips unchecked? That seems to do it.

Word of warning, the tutorial voice was very loud when I tried it.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I was reading through the patch notes and hoping to see "Stinky leaf piles are gone", but I'm really surprised that this wasn't among the many other bug fixes with how much people have been asking for it to be fixed :/

I'm also really disappointed that the only new CAS items are for adults. The last big patch only had new adult clothes, this patch only gives you new adults clothes, and if you were planning on getting Get Famous, that's also 99.99% new adult clothes. Whatever the next bit of new content is, I hope they give kids and toddlers a massive amount of new stuff, because they really could use it.

Aside from that I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that they fixed so many bugs for base game and several packs. That's awesome :)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited November 2018
    Really pleased by all the bug fixes. However I've noticed my auto-lights no longer works since the update, anyone else having the same issue? I've had to replace some of my lights and can now turn lights on by room, but not auto.

Changing the colour intensity also means all the lights turn on, but auto still doesn't work.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I wish I had the day off from work. I just installed the patch, but I'm on my lunch break. I'll have to wait at least seven more hours before I can see everything that's new.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2018
    So...what's broken in this patch?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There is a lot to go through. Learning curve on first person will be something for me but I got some good shots inside small rooms so far. That was always hard for me before. I only saw teeth once.. not sure why, basically I'm just button pushing though lol... Love that my table settings will work again. So much to investigate. Will have to switch around saves to try some stuff out.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    So many things to check out! And so many bugs fixed. I am overwhelmed.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    I just had a sim completely disappear when I try to load any house she's in. Since she was the main one I was playing on that save, I guess that's on hold for a while.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    There is a lot to go through. Learning curve on first person will be something for me but I got some good shots inside small rooms so far. That was always hard for me before. I only saw teeth once.. not sure why, basically I'm just button pushing though lol... Love that my table settings will work again. So much to investigate. Will have to switch around saves to try some stuff out.

Some cc hairstyles don't work well with it.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If whims are disabled how does one earn reward points?