Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay but what about SUPERNATURAL?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I don't really want a supernatural pack unless it comes with an option switch to turn them off per save game and type. I really want Witches to to get their own GP like vampires... or to be so involved and well done as in witches/warlocks and a larger world that they can possibly get an EP. Dreams I tell you.. dreams.

Or simply don't buy it.

Sometimes there's content I'd like, but I really don't want a particular part of the pack in my game. Every once in a while, I stare longingly at the vampires pack, and finally sigh and say, 'no', because I don't want vampires in my game. I so want the world and the build/buy stuff.

Someone explained that the problem with certain types of toggles in Sims 4 is that if you turned off certain elements, it would cause huge problems in an existing save. Maybe the option to turn supernaturals on or off when you start a new game?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    CamilamjamCamilamjam Posts: 31 Member
    I liked the little zombies that surrounded you, even if it was a bit annoying <3
    Picture%2B012.jpg

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    I'm always hoping for another supernatural GP though I would be pretty sad if they got all lumped into a EP after how much I loved the vampires in S4. Witches first would be ideal I think. Can you imagine a nice in depth magic system? I'm also really hoping for fairies <3

I actually want a modern reboot of Makin' Magic, where any Sim can learn magic but possibly impacted by their traits (like a clumsy Sim would have more fails). I think that appeals to me more than a special occult type called "witches".

Witches is the one supernatural I'd like, only, I'd rather have a trait for magical abilities (allowing players to create a family of witches) than a special life state. I'd also love to see parents or other adults have the ability to teach magic to children and teens. And, certainly, other traits would have an impact - evil, obviously, would lead to evil magic-doers; if they could fly on a broom, sporty types might be better at it.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I don't really want a supernatural pack unless it comes with an option switch to turn them off per save game and type. I really want Witches to to get their own GP like vampires... or to be so involved and well done as in witches/warlocks and a larger world that they can possibly get an EP. Dreams I tell you.. dreams.

Or simply don't buy it.

Well I want to play it I just don't always want every supernatural in every save game. So far I don't have aliens roaming the streets in games that aren't about aliens (at least they appear like humans if they are). The vamps don't bother me although I see them roaming around at night.. .the break ins are so infrequent that I can ignore it. I just hope it keeps going this way or better in the way that we can have some control over how much interaction happens is all. You are right I can simply not buy it and if it's a case like what happened in Sims 3 with Zombies I probably won't. I might miss out on some pretty cool build buy though so I'm hoping to just get some measure of control is all.

Here's the thing you should be asking is this really worth it?.Before you buy it.If you don't want certain things.Ypu should adks if outways the value for you.It might be better for you to skipped the pack
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Or simply don't buy it.

Well I want to play it I just don't always want every supernatural in every save game. So far I don't have aliens roaming the streets in games that aren't about aliens (at least they appear like humans if they are). The vamps don't bother me although I see them roaming around at night.. .the break ins are so infrequent that I can ignore it. I just hope it keeps going this way or better in the way that we can have some control over how much interaction happens is all. You are right I can simply not buy it and if it's a case like what happened in Sims 3 with Zombies I probably won't. I might miss out on some pretty cool build buy though so I'm hoping to just get some measure of control is all.

Here's the thing you should be asking is this really worth it?.Before you buy it.If you don't want certain things.Ypu should adks if outways the value for you.It might be better for you to skipped the pack

Do you understand that I am saying I do want supernaturals. I want every type they put out. I want them very focused. I just don't like to play with them in every save game I have and like options available so I don't have too. I also believe so far they have done a wonderful job and I can avoid them in the save games I want to.
    Here is the thing ... I don't need to ask myself if it's worth it... it always has been so far. I'm a big girl I know what I like and what I don't like. I'm positive I will appreciate Supernaturals as they come in this game. I'm just asking that they continue to give us avoidance options.
    For instance... stray pets don't spawn anywhere but in Brindleton Bay unless you use a lot trait that encourages that. Things like that make me happy.
    Believe me if I wasn't happy with a product I wouldn't be buying it. Is there a reason that you believe my opinion is out of place here for some reason?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    @Anmirla Yes can't forget the Genies and Zombies! But they need to pack more quantity with the quality of these packs. There are hundreds if not thousands, of young, inventive and eager graduates holding degrees in software engineering, graphic design and art that can assist with helping these packs improve in their quality. It is possible to get a GP with a compilation of supernatural life states, all intricately designed and dynamic. It's been five years already. EA needs to step up.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5452865

NO. No zombies. Genies would be fun to have back, but zombies are always obnoxious and are frankly, way too creepy for my taste as much as I want a a supernatural pack(s).
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    @Anmirla Yes can't forget the Genies and Zombies! But they need to pack more quantity with the quality of these packs. There are hundreds if not thousands, of young, inventive and eager graduates holding degrees in software engineering, graphic design and art that can assist with helping these packs improve in their quality. It is possible to get a GP with a compilation of supernatural life states, all intricately designed and dynamic. It's been five years already. EA needs to step up.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5452865

NO. No zombies. Genies would be fun to have back, but zombies are always obnoxious and are frankly, way too creepy for my taste as much as I want a a supernatural pack(s).

If Zombies were the way I was referring to, you would only have them in game if Witches created them. They would be slaves.

If they scare you, you wouldn't have to play them. It's that simple. So, YES Zombies!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I miss the Zombies like we had in Sims 2. I had a Don Lothario zombie that was my most favorite Sim. He went clubbing and did the Smustle with his friends. Ah, those were the days.
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    All the realism players have their various jobs, parenthood pack and it was imperative for many to have their laundry done.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4895949

Now what about those who play for the magical elements? It's been years and all we've gotten were vampires. Another Halloween is about to arrive and will wane without any magical content for another year. So to my simmers who live for the occult, what are you looking forward to the most in TS4 Supernatural?

Werewolves.
    I really really really want werewolves. I've gotten so desperate that I've been playing with vampires, using the ability to customize their face to make them look like werewolves instead. (and there aren't even any werewolf mods out there :-( )

@liliaeth Don't know if you've seen this. I haven't tried it yet so I can't confirm how well it works, but it looks pretty good. EA could still do a better job because they would add more to the coding.
    http://modthesims.info/d/619440/werewolf-mod-v1-1-update-27-10-2018/
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    All the realism players have their various jobs, parenthood pack and it was imperative for many to have their laundry done.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4895949

Now what about those who play for the magical elements? It's been years and all we've gotten were vampires. Another Halloween is about to arrive and will wane without any magical content for another year. So to my simmers who live for the occult, what are you looking forward to the most in TS4 Supernatural?

Werewolves.
    I really really really want werewolves. I've gotten so desperate that I've been playing with vampires, using the ability to customize their face to make them look like werewolves instead. (and there aren't even any werewolf mods out there :-( )

There is a werewolf mod out there now
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Okay, I've started testing the Werewolf mod.
    Make sure you read completely if you decide to use this. There is a warning that interactions will show in other Sims' pie menus and not to click on them if they are not Weres.
    So far, it's fine for what it is. The modder did a good job with what there is to work with. It's limited, but what can you honestly expect?

Some notes:
    Energy will fill completely after changing. Fun tanks because you have a +50 tense moodlet (I wonder if buying the carefree reward will affect this).
    It says Weres will change back at 7am. Mine changed at 6am. Maybe that was Forgotten Hollow, but isn't noted as such.
    I could swear I put the audio file in the correct place, but I'm not getting the growling sounds or howling. I will need to check this later.
    When a Were mauls, the Vampire animation is used. There are bats flying around the dust cloud. :D That's what the creator had to work with, so that's what we got.
    It seems the best way to raise the lycanthropy skill is to "go hunting". This will also raise their hunger need while they are gone.

I hope to update later as I test more.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Some more interesting tidbits:

Took her to FH before 6pm and she did change at 6pm, but Werewolf interactions did not appear in the menu until 8pm (*maybe she had to skill up because now they appear after changing at 6 on the next night). I can confirm the 7am change back as being in FH. I forgot to check if the Were interactions disappear at 6am.
    She is the only Were that I had in game so I wasn't sure what would happen if I clicked on "Call a pack of Werewolves". The game generated 4 Weres to come to her beck and call! I practiced sparring twice, but it didn't seem to raise the lycanthropy skill. Yet again, the creator had to use the Vamp animation and there are bats flying around (but no picking up by the throat upon victory).
    Hunting gives you aspiration reward points. I believe it was 25 for skill 1-3 and 50 points once you reached level 4.

At level 4, they get a "Wildness" bar and are able to control their change. What I don't like is the needs section seems to drop on screen. Energy and Hygiene are down into where the icons under the needs section is supposed to be. :/

Okay, this has been an interesting experience.
    Lycanthropy is a 5 point skill and I don't know if it's my save possibly being bloating or if changes had to catch up to themselves. Were interactions eventually functioned as they should in FH within the appropriate time (6pm-7am) and the needs box did crawl it's way back up my screen.

***Like I thought it's an good mod for what the creator had to work with. It will be fine for story-telling, but is certainly no substitute for what EA could give us.
    Post edited by Anmirla on
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    I just hope it comes with a toggle to turn off supernaturals like witches and vampires when we dont want them. I loved the vampires for a while but im tired of getting my house broken into and fed from. We can turn off celebs in settings but why not vamps???
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    As a huge supernatural fan, I would love more occults in the game. Vampires is my favourite pack and I've never had any problem keeping them out when I want a more 'realistic' storyline. I really hope we get werewolves at some point so I can start a werewolf-vampire rivalry and an unlikely bromance with my main vampire sim.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    We all want Supernatural much more the stupid get famous nobody wants except Electronics Arts ahaha.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I'd like to have wearwolf and witches as sims, I don't want zombies as they eat the plants and come out to often.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm very interested in witches and werewolves, but I'd be happy to see any supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi creatures added to the game! I like Sims 4, but I'm so tired of "modern" FX backgrounds. My sims are stuck in Forgotten Hollow until something more exotic is released.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=4895949

Werewolves.

@liliaeth Don't know if you've seen this. I haven't tried it yet so I can't confirm how well it works, but it looks pretty good. EA could still do a better job because they would add more to the coding.
    http://modthesims.info/d/619440/werewolf-mod-v1-1-update-27-10-2018/

yay!!, let's hope it gets updated soon then with the new python code. Currently waiting to download any new mods till after 'Get Famous' and the update with it comes out :-)
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I just hope it comes with a toggle to turn off supernaturals like witches and vampires when we dont want them. I loved the vampires for a while but im tired of getting my house broken into and fed from. We can turn off celebs in settings but why not vamps???

My guess is that they specifically put in a setting to turn off celebrities, 'because' they saw how people wanted the ability to turn off vampires. (and let's hope that they'll update vampires so we can turn supernaturals off as well, once they create more of them)
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Supernaturals (or 'Occults' as Maxis likes to call them) are pretty much all I want for this game now. My own list, in order of preference would be: Faeries, Mermaids, Witches, Genies, SimBots, Werewolves. (I don't want zombies as they were implemented in TS3, but a different, less invasive implementation could be fine, though I'd be fine with just leaving them out too.)

I'm not the 'must buy everything' sort of person, so until some Supernatural GPs and/or EPs come out, I don't really have a lot of interest in pumping more money into TS4. Now that Seasons is out, my interest in non-Supernatural content additions is pretty low.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    We all want Supernatural much more the stupid get famous nobody wants except Electronics Arts ahaha.

Don’t speak for everyone. Ive been anxiously waiting for the celebrity system back and others were as well. Sims 1 Superstar was my favorite pack from the original series.
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Yeah... It may be delusional, but I'm still hoping for that crazy witchcraft pack with witches (with powers and weaknesses like vamps, maybe even with skill trees, such as elemental magic, dark magic and light magic) + a fleshed-out alchemy system (even more so than the one in the sims 3) + a fortune-telling skill (which could be accessible to humans and a source of income through self-employment, or a proper career like gardening after seasons) + nice magical items on build/buy mode with special interactions (cauldrons, crystal balls, magic mirrors, portals, specific books for specific rituals or skills, etc.). The special relationship witches had with cats in TS3 could be expanded to all pets, big or small. That could be a nice opportunity to introduce birds such as owls and crows/ravens.
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited November 2018

Don’t speak for everyone. Ive been anxiously waiting for the celebrity system back and others were as well. Sims 1 Superstar was my favorite pack from the original series.

Ha I expected for a such reply. :/

---
    People will play the celebrity system and enjoy it because that's trendy but I hate the celebrity even in sims 3. I got Superstar , I was a fan when I was a teenager. Now I changed my mind. I grew up my tastes changed. I can't stand celebrity stuffs anymore because it's boring. However it's always cool to play with a certain part of celebrity activities as dancing, singing, do shows etc. That give the sims opportunity to develop artistic sense but not obviously always the goal to be famous. The fact that you play the fame is making me very not interested anymore. I see this as much more an extra activity than a real job.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)