Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay but what about SUPERNATURAL?

All the realism players have their various jobs, parenthood pack and it was imperative for many to have their laundry done.
tenor.gif?itemid=4895949

Now what about those who play for the magical elements? It's been years and all we've gotten were vampires. Another Halloween is about to arrive and will wane without any magical content for another year. So to my simmers who live for the occult, what are you looking forward to the most in TS4 Supernatural?

Comments

• NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I hope for supernatural too. The other day I was thinking that I wish I could make my sim a witch. Hopefully someday. I really loved that EP in S3.
  • Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    I have to admit that after the supernatural poll I was really hoping that this October we'd be getting witches, I keep waiting for another supernatural GP to come out and each time we get a new pack I'm yet again disappointed. I don't know if I'd want an EP with a bunch of different supernaturals because the vampires in sims 4 are by far my favorite vampires, and I think that if they focus on one at a time, the other supernaturals can be just as well done.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I also hope for a Supernatural EP soon! Maybe they'll call it "Get Scared" :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    I really want more supernaturals. Witches, mermaids, werewolves, fairies - I want them all!

I think they will definitely add more supernaturals as EA knows how popular they are. And, Vampires were done so well that I’m prepared to wait! But hopefully not too long ;)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
    You know, I’m starting to think that all the “Get” titles are meant to be a subliminal message. They are trying to manipulate your subconsciousness into wanting to “Get” the pack. Not gonna lie, so far it’s worked on me :D
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    If we are talking about a supernatural EP than I don't think that is happening as I believe they are doing them on their own (which I think is a shame as I would love it all in one pack but on the other hand because they are giving them their own GP, you get a little bit more with them). I think witches won the last poll so we just have to wait and see sadly but I wish they would hurry up and give us another supernatural already! lol
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2018
    I can't see them doing anything supernatural...it's like cars, if they do anything it'll be next year.
    Post edited by honeypooh1267 on
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited October 2018
    They do need to split up the Supernaturals into their own packs. I would much rather they concentrated on one at a time to make them the best they can be - like Vampires.

The only Supernatural I could see as an EP is Witches. There are enough types of Witches to provide enough content for an EP as opposed to a GP.
    There should be the Wizard of Oz or Harry Potter type for those that want to go that route.
    I personally want to see White Witches (healers based on nature). Voodoo Priestesses that can raise the dead as Zombies (temporary status and not like they were in TS3) and curse the living as Zombies to make slaves of them (kinda like ensorcel from TS3 Genies). 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Witches that can bless or curse (and if we get Werewolves, I would love for them to be able to curse Sims to turn them into Weres) and that can give Genie lamps (Genies as interactive NPCs would be great).
    They should bring back the Alchemy potions.
    I really want a full world with a swamp/bog area that would be fitting for Witches.
    They should be based on the same type of strengths/weaknesses system. After all, a Witch would need to sacrifice something for his/her power.

They said that Vampires was big for a GP - this would top it. This would bring a lot of the magical elements that could go together as one.
    Zombies and Genies don't seem to have a big following so this would allow us to still have them without dedicating a pack to them.

*OH! And bring back the Fortune Teller career!!!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Yes. We need witches, fairies, werewolfs! And other magican creaturs!
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    edited October 2018
    @MaggieMarley-- okay, now I want to see them make a Get Lost pack! :lol: Would the subliminal messaging still work then? :smirk:

It'd have to be a vacation/survival pack. :grimace::tongue:

edit: formatting
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Duende wrote: »
    All the realism players have their various jobs, parenthood pack and it was imperative for many to have their laundry done.
    tenor.gif?itemid=4895949

Now what about those who play for the magical elements? It's been years and all we've gotten were vampires. Another Halloween is about to arrive and will wane without any magical content for another year. So to my simmers who live for the occult, what are you looking forward to the most in TS4 Supernatural?

Werewolves.
    I really really really want werewolves. I've gotten so desperate that I've been playing with vampires, using the ability to customize their face to make them look like werewolves instead. (and there aren't even any werewolf mods out there :-( )
  • EmCross96EmCross96 Posts: 35 Member
    I am more than wanting a Supernatural as well. The vampire are cool, yes, now where's the werewolves, witches, fairies, and Zombies! I mean, I really want zombies back for some reason. Was watching my sim watching Sim of Dead or whatever that zombie movie is called that they watch. Then if you look on the Grim Reapers Slablet(or Tablet) when someone dies he scrolls through some stuff and there's a zombie icon. I also would love to see a new world with Supernatural that is much larger than Forgotten Hollow. I mean let's be real here...Forgotten Hollow was a bit disappointing being as small as it is.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The occult I’m anticipating the most (and may be the last one to be implemented) is the mermaid / merfolk.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm not much of a family or realism player, so I feel this post so much. I am waiting for witches myself, but any Supernatural pack would make me happy, so long as it was well done.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I'm always hoping for another supernatural GP though I would be pretty sad if they got all lumped into a EP after how much I loved the vampires in S4. Witches first would be ideal I think. Can you imagine a nice in depth magic system? I'm also really hoping for fairies <3
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    At this point I'm looking forward to literally anything.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I would like witches, but the chance of having an entire EP dedicated to supernaturals is very slim. I doubt they'll make two packs with (basically) the same theme. I think the most we can hope for is another GP, which is okay for me, since the vampires were quite good. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't really want a supernatural pack unless it comes with an option switch to turn them off per save game and type. I really want Witches to to get their own GP like vampires... or to be so involved and well done as in witches/warlocks and a larger world that they can possibly get an EP. Dreams I tell you.. dreams.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Witches please. I need magic in my game :disappointed:
    Even if I don’t get witches at first, I’d be happy with another life state. I need more diversity. Aliens and vampires aren’t enough.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    So, I'm myself waiting for that werewolves GP, but .... there are quite a few magic elements in the game already ?
    The Sims has never been about realism only.

Create a sim, have them learn herbalism, go to Selvadorada to find relics, befriend Patchy, buy a voodoo doll, and voilà, a witch.
    You can curse people, bless people, have a weird nonhuman assistant, make&sell potions ... okay that one is a reach, the science career serums are actually closer to potions (and more fun and easier to craft, but they don't look the part !)
    But yanno, that's a good placebo while waiting for the real deal.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Totally need more Occult and Fantasy. I need it! There's too much mundane clutter in the game and realism is SO. BORING.

Ideally, I'd like to see a Magic expansion with a focus on spellcasters. We could choose our own type to play, like Druids, Witches, Shamans, Voodoo Mambos, etc. and have an entire system with branches of different types of magic with dedicated themes. There could be Nature magic that manipulates plants and animals, Elemental that takes forces from the weather and fire and earth, Necromancy that lets us extend or shorten life spans, raise the dead, summon zombies, Alchemy that lets us make varieties of potions and risks a Jekyll and Hyde situation, Hearth magic that helps with domestic chores and protection. There are so many possibilities with a full-on Magic expansion and it's killing me that it hasn't been done yet. It's a huge opportunity to really make something special.

My other wish is for a Mythology expansion. This could include a variety of mythical beings from various cultures and could include Mermaids, Elves, Changelings, dark Fae, and beasts. We could have a fantasy world with water cities, forests, and hidden places. We could have dragons and goblins and curses. There's just so much potential!

And they could include a new Fear system where we could choose anxieties and phobias and things our Sims are afraid of, and patch in a new Fear emotion.

It would be glorious, I tell you!
    #Team Occult
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    You know, I’m starting to think that all the “Get” titles are meant to be a subliminal message. They are trying to manipulate your subconsciousness into wanting to “Get” the pack. Not gonna lie, so far it’s worked on me :D

omg that's what my mother said when I told her about the titles of the EPs

Thanks mum :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2018
    If we get a supernatural pack, it needs to come with an option to disable them.

If I bought it, it'd be for the same reasons I bought Vampires: the world and the objects. I only bought that pack after finding out about a mod that disabled vampires.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member

@Cassandra52182 You know if they "focus on one at a time" we'd be waiting literally half a decade to get Werewolves, Fairies, Mermaids and Witches done in good taste right? Moreover, they haven't expanded on any swimming features for the ocean and sea which leads me to believe they don't care about Mermaids. I'm incandescent at the way they've been churning out these packs with meagre content. TS3 was giving us quality every three months.

tenor.gif?itemid=4940855

• DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    @Anmirla Yes can't forget the Genies and Zombies! But they need to pack more quantity with the quality of these packs. There are hundreds if not thousands, of young, inventive and eager graduates holding degrees in software engineering, graphic design and art that can assist with helping these packs improve in their quality. It is possible to get a GP with a compilation of supernatural life states, all intricately designed and dynamic. It's been five years already. EA needs to step up.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5452865