Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the new feature?

Comments

• Options
    DLatriceDLatrice Posts: 71 Member
    I saw them post about it on Instagram and thought it was a joke. I will most likely use it once and then never again. It does look pretty, and it seems perfect for those that make Sims story videos on Youtube or something.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2018
    Game changing. Will use it a lot
    I kinda like though I used to say I don't need it. I can't wait to tell my husband about it - he says he will play The Sims once there is first person camera mode :-P
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    It almost looks like something to do with VR I'm not very hyped over this it reminds me of some kind of update that feels like a phone game update the whole first person thing I might try it but I'm not very into it.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    I'm really upset about this. This feature was a complete waste in my eyes. On top of that, they had me hyped up for no reason!

Blame the Game Changers not the Devs. They didn’t say it was game changing and super amazing, the GC’s did.

Maybe they actually think it is? Why does someone else have to be to blame? Perhaps some of the GCers that went to Sims Camp thought it would blow people's minds and it would be amazing. Saying that though, there were about 60 GCers that went to Sims Camp and highly doubt every single one of them said get excited over this feature.

If you think about it though, it does change the game because I don't think we've seen anything like this before on PC (without cheats).
  • Options
    FreakAboutSimsFreakAboutSims Posts: 795 Member
    Disappointed, I thought we were going to be able to control our sims in the first person as if we're living the life of that particular sim.

Instead, it's just a camera setting, though, it could prove useful for some things. 😔
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Disappointed
    I feel disappointed, but just because some game changers hyped the secret feature up so much. I try not to get hyped and I like, that we get some stuff for free, like the caribbean update or terrain tools (which I won't use, because I am not a builder and I love a flat ground uf I want to build). But people saying "I screamed when I saw this!" "I played with the secret feature more than with "get famous" on sims camp, it will be a game changer!" really hyped me up and revealing a fpc is just a drop down for me.
    Also, the camera angle is shakey as hell. I am used to first person, as I play a lot of first person shooters and sometimes MMOs, but they to work very hard, to keep the camera "static" so people won't get sick using this camera angle. You can clearly see, it's just a fun addition to the game, but I can not imagine to use it, when it shakes every step the Sim takes. EA does first person games, so maybe the devs should look at some or should talk to someone who works with that regularly to improve this camera angle.
    Also, I saw some comments on Youtube how fun woohooing or flying a rocket must look like. I guess it will be just black screen with some environment clipping, because they clearly have no animations for it 😬
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Neutral

I can see how some simmers will find many ways and reasons to use it but it is definetely not something for me.

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Love it. Will use it sometimes
    It's exactly like what I've been saying in some threads in this forum... It could probably the introduction to incorporate the VR system for the future Sims game.. Which reminds me that I did ask Grant for his view on VR.. and there's no reply from him... :|

TBH, I'm pretty excited.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I think this’d be so cool!! I also wonder what a sim’s perspective of death is..?
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    @cinebar Thanks for the tips :) I'll watch out for that stuff
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    It's a pity those that do not like the first person feature were let down and got hyped up for nothing, but for me!!! I've been secretly wanting this feature for years now, so i'm glad it is here.

Just to be able to see those wonderful views and houses from my sim's eyes is amazing and standing in the balcony of my sim's home and watching the neighborhood for me from my sims point of view is great. So for me yeah it's game changing and i'm grateful
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »
    I'm really upset about this. This feature was a complete waste in my eyes. On top of that, they had me hyped up for no reason!

Blame the Game Changers not the Devs. They didn’t say it was game changing and super amazing, the GC’s did.

Then there's more reason why the program is a waste.

Involve all players into the development process or none at all. Nobody should represent someone else because they upload videos of themselves playing the game. Either that or call them EA Advocates, which is what they essentially are. Just my two cents.
    The gamechangers weren't involved in the development though. They just saw what the devs had done before most others. So technically none were added.
    And they listen to what the majority of players say. No point in not listening and releasing content no one wants cause who's gonna buy the game and make them money then. And also, just cause some people don't like released content doesn't mean they're the majority, they're just the loudest and most in your face while people who love the content are off playing and enjoying it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Iguess66 wrote: »
    I just wonder what made this even come to mind when they were deciding on a new feature to add? How was this towards the top of their list considering the other things people have been asking them for for years now?

This was developed by a Guru in their free time; they thought it would be fun and that some of us might like it. So they've added it. For free. You're not obliged to use it. :|
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Waste of dev time.

Quoting SimGuruKate from Twitter (don't know how to embed a tweet):
    Quickly wanted to address some questions/comments I'm seeing. First Person Camera was a feature thought of and developed by @SimGuruGhost in his personal free time. It did NOT take away development time from other features/content.
  • Options
    BingBangBingBongBingBangBingBong Posts: 68 Member
    Neutral
    Don’t really have any feelings about this feature one way or the other. I was surprised to find out that it was done in SimGuruGhost’s free time, so props to him, but I honestly don’t think I will end up using this feature very often. Ghost seemed to have put a lot of work into this patch and I hope he and the rest of his team can work on creating new gameplay features in the next patches as well.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    It's quite cool for a freebie, and since it was done in free time, I don't feel like it took away from studio work. It's their free time, and they should do things they enjoy, not try to guess what would please me in particular, lol. If I were a dev, had come up with this, and shared it, and there was a huge drama over it not being.....whatever, I'd just keep it for myself next time. And do you know what I'd be working on? That's right, you don't. Will you ever know what I wanted to gift you with? If the little free surprises are met with a large share of negativity every time, they will stop. Maybe some folks want that? I don't. :blush: I love surprises, and thanks!

I think I will like using it because it is so much easier to get close in and see the expressions and reactions of the Sims. They really are quite hilarious at times. I laugh out loud all the time at their exaggerated shenanigans, and that's prolly what was going on in the stream. But sometimes Sims are quite realistic, too.

Another thing it could add to is the element of surprise. Something's happening over there, and I turn to see it. That could be scary or fun. I, too, play with the walls up a lot, and so it will be easier to be immersed in that.

I don't suffer from motion sickness, and folks certainly can't help it. I can see where it would really aggravate that. Less choppy head movements and a wider field of view might help according to some players. From everything I've read, this particular gameplay feature is where things are going in the industry, with VR, and AI. As things develop more, effort will most likely be made to alleviate things for those afflicted with this, and things may really improve, if progress so far is any indication. My thought is, the more natural to eyesight they can make it, the better. We Sims players never quite have been typical gamers per se, tho, so time will tell if this is really popular with our lot. That's why they have to try things out on us. I'd much rather they do it this way than going the market route. :wink:

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited November 2018
    Meh
    The problem that I have with this whole thing is, yes, the people who went to the game changer event overhyped it. My bad that I was foolish enough to follow along the hype train.

So yes, I can blame it on them and myself but at the same time, if the devs knew this was just one fun feature that might not be worth the overhype, why did they make it a secret? It's almost like they purposely want us to hype about it, indirectly? They might as well just tell the game changers to have a go at it and announce it on their videos once the first embargo was lifted. I think terrain tools would have been a better "keeping it a secret" feature than this first person mode option. I just don't get it. 🙄
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hate it.
    Marnetti wrote: »
    For once I appreciate how the gurus didn’t overhype this and now I’m less likely to trust most game changers.....

Game changers didn't do anything wrong. Some like it and some don't. The game changers must have liked it so they were excited. In fact game changers are always excited it seems. They are basically like living commercials for the sims now. How often do you see commercials speak badly about what they are promoting? I can't imagine them complaining about something when they are basically employed by the sims. So, did they do anything wrong? Not really, just doing their job I guess. Should you look to them for unbiased opinions....NO.

I'm pretty sure the gurus have game changers to take the heat off themselves while still maintaining hype of the products.
  • Options
    MuggyQuasarMuggyQuasar Posts: 169 Member
    Neutral
    As it’s a small free addition I’m pretty cool with it. It’ll be nice to see my Sims from a different perspective and I often do walkthroughs of my houses using the current camera to try and see what it’s like but the camera isn’t designed for it so it springs back again. As we won’t be able to control our Sims with WASD while we’re in first person, though, it might be harder seeing what we want? We’ll... see, haha.
    lgYUYx0.jpg
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    I'm keen to try it. I love the idea of being able to walk through my sim's homes and see the neighborhood from their perspective. Unfortunately, I do tend to suffer from motion sickness, so I am not sure whether I will be able to use this mode very much. But we'll see.

Funny, though, when the Sims 4 was first announced, one of the advertising blurbs contained the words "the eyes have it" and I was convinced that was a clue that we were getting 1st person POV. As it happened, we didn't get it and I've always wondered what that statement was about. The best guess I've been able to come up with is that it was an allusion to the Sims' wiggly eyebrows.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2018
    DeKay wrote: »
    So yes, I can blame it on them and myself but at the same time, if the devs knew this was just one fun feature that might not be worth the overhype, why did they make it a secret? It's almost like they purposely want us to hype about it, indirectly? They might as well just tell the game changers to have a go at it and announce it on their videos once the first embargo was lifted. I think terrain tools would have been a better "keeping it a secret" feature than this first person mode option. I just don't get it. 🙄

I believe it was stated that they originally planned on not telling the game changers but ultimately opted to tell them cause they thought it be fun. And potential reason for the separate embargo is they planned on showcasing it in their maxis monthly and I think the reason why they didn't do it in their last one or even mention it was because it wasn't in a state worth showing or maybe SimGuruGhost was still in the early phases on it. Also as it has been mentioned already SimGuruKate did say is was "small but fun" meaning they didn't want players to get hyped but be interested.

And speaking of maxis monthly I think players are putting to much hype and hope into it. Maxis monthy isn't for just announcing new features and content but an overview of what has happened in the last month and potentially a look at what is to come. Meaning that not every maxis monthly will showcase new features or packs and with Sims Mobile and The Sims Freeplay their is a chance some of those maxis monthly will focus more on them.
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey folks, I've moved this to General Discussion as this isn't a rumor or speculation. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    The problem that I have with this whole thing is, yes, the people who went to the game changer event overhyped it. My bad that I was foolish enough to follow along the hype train.

My thoughts exactly. It's okay that Youtubers got excited about - for all I know they genuinely are. It's a really interesting feature.
    However, the embargo on this was just stupid. No reason to have been a "secret" for WEEKS. Because this will naturally raise the hype - the longer it's kept a secret, the hype grows exponentially and then you end up with lots of people expecting it to be CAW. Hope they learned from their mistake...
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I actually do like the feature and plan to use it sometimes, but I can also see how others don't like it or are disappointed with it.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Not excited. I detest it.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.