Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which cultures do you want to see represented next?

In TS4, the sims team has already patched in content representing Hispanic culture, in Dia de los Muertos, Indian Cultures in the Diwali update and Afro-Caribbean culture and style in a more recent patch. Which cultures would you like to see represented next?

Which cultures do you want to see represented next? 127 votes

Eastern European:
15%
KolbyPlayerSinger2010Echovafallenangel66PapayaSkyKniga_SitaraDoloresGreyluxsylvanChadSims2FreezerBunnyCowplantSimTrippyRexySimmerpoltergeistAirakaleNorthDakotaGamerEmmyGeeEvie0602Claire88FifinezSimsterLiv 20 votes
Middle Eastern/Arabic:
13%
Akl500PasimbsimluthienrisingJennyggBriel24etoniaAlanSimscaliposshappyopiMgalbReallysoawkward23lar0jaSassycottonJasonschick80MuggyQuasarSimsFinest1kr823 17 votes
Asian(Chinese, Japanese, Mongol):
32%
IcewolfMadameLeeBlkBarbiegalVkittyWritin_RegIsb917cchant86Jprp83fruitsbasket101Nivyxmock68SuicidalSpidersAmj1995panamakiraChanty25Katiardgueznastyjmanashcrash19duhboy2u2CeCeDot 41 votes
Inuit/Eskimo
3%
applefeather2SusanaLeotealanmichael1sekojranaSimtown15 5 votes
Southern European
11%
Frn0731HowGreatThouArtTWSimGamer82ZenobiaPomponMariefoxprice83annaliese39bombtorirjssimsaarlandbabe2Shira3000AgentJuliaAliisavasRememberJoyThisISMarialushlifesimly 15 votes
Indigenous America
7%
GalacticGaljoelygirlsims2papertongueBreazonaDestin2016elumaepuderosasimsSAEldarinthatsnotswegCaelai 10 votes
Indigenous Australia
0%
zefron 1 vote
More Hispanic
3%
jcp011c2Lucofizzfranny89VentusMattCa11am 4 votes
More Indian
1%
Bagoas77meenakshi 2 votes
More African
9%
AlexaiTrimothImSandsMzB06DominicLaurenceEricasFreePlayHoney_Pie_360Bhawkins0402soko37citysimmerJC1979lydiaofmemeteam 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    Middle Eastern/Arabic:
    Still waiting for a legit hijab. The hair wraps just don't really do it for me.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Asian culture (China, Japan). Also Native Americans.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2018
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Asian culture (China, Japan). Also Native Americans.

Agree - would love both too.

I would probably enjoy having all cultures represented. Seeing the simming community represents all cultures - it would make sense for players to have representatives of theirselves in this game. So the more - the better - in my view.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Inuit/Eskimo
    This would be cool, especially with a new world!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I would actually like to see a French vacation world.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Indigenous America
    Primarily because I'm playing an ancestral game save which takes place in 18th century colonial America.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    you left out - Irish, Dutch and none of the above
  • Options
    RexySimmerRexySimmer Posts: 171 Member
    Eastern European:
    As Irish and Dutch myself, i feel Ireland does not need much representation due to the fact that it is pretty close to what we have already, (there is a leprechaun hat if you ant to go over the top!). If you feel there are more I haven’t included but would be a good addition, feel free to comment. :smile:
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    More African
    It says MORE African. What African stuff do we already have? There's no food, clothes, decor or accessories...
  • Options
    Eastern European:
    @soko37 sorry if that was phrased incorrectly but by African I was referring to the Afro-Caribbean patch we got :smile:
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    More African
    Also want some Middle Eastern and Asian content.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Generic Australiana.

I want lamb for the bbq, pavlova to argue over with kiwis, vegemite sandwiches, vegemite on toast, stubbies and thongs, Shazza, Bazza and Dazza, backyard/beach cricket, Yeahnah, Nahyeah. It could be done with a stuff pack.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Eastern European:
    My family is Polish, so I voted for Eastern European.
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Eastern European:
    Movotti wrote: »
    Generic Australiana.

I want lamb for the bbq, pavlova to argue over with kiwis, vegemite sandwiches, vegemite on toast, stubbies and thongs, Shazza, Bazza and Dazza, backyard/beach cricket, Yeahnah, Nahyeah. It could be done with a stuff pack.

I too am Australian and not gonna lie, seeing that would make me cringe. I only ever see bogans partake in that part of the culture and I don't think it really showcases what we really are.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Inuit/Eskimo
    Generic Australiana.

Ah! I want to know what all of that is. I wish I could taste vegemite. Need to put it on my bucket list. :smile:
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Southern European
    I think it would be cool to have wooden shoes canals and windmills. And a little dutch boy who puts his finger in the dike. They could add speed skating and weird looking orange costumed fans cheering them on . It's kinda southern europe.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Indigenous America
    Native Americans
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Generic Australiana.

Ah! I want to know what all of that is. I wish I could taste vegemite. Need to put it on my bucket list. :smile:
    You should check the import sections of your grocery store. I’ve seen little jars in that part of Walmart, and I live in Canada.

Anyway I don’t know. Maybe Korean?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Generic Australiana.

It's like beefy soy sauce.

Echova wrote: »
    Generic Australiana.

I too am Australian and not gonna lie, seeing that would make me cringe. I only ever see bogans partake in that part of the culture and I don't think it really showcases what we really are.
    What?
    This is normal, modern australian culture.
    Have you never had a juicy bbqed lamb chop?
    Never had a cream and fruit covered pavlova? ( I do mean the whole thing)
    Never had a vegemite sandwich or vegemite on toast (its unaustralian to not have ever had either)
    Stubbies and thongs are pretty standard summer clothing in most of this big brown country. If you can't run in thongs, then you're failing at being a true aussie.
    If ridiculous nicknames aren't used for at least a few of your friends, then... well, are they really your friends?
    And as for the cricket... You don't have to like it, but if you've never played, then your childhood is lacking.

Aussie teens all sound the same. Yeahnah, nahyeah, is just an extension of the vocab.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_veIGGP1Uh4
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited November 2018
    Eastern European:
    Generic Australiana.

... What? I know what vegemite and lamb are but I don't know what anything else in that sentence means.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'd like to see them all but I chose Asian cultures because I feel like to have that one first. I say the more variety and cultural diversity the better.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited November 2018
    More African
    RexySimmer wrote: »
    @soko37 sorry if that was phrased incorrectly but by African I was referring to the Afro-Caribbean patch we got :smile:

That was nice for CAS but there was no gameplay added with it. I want some African food and build mode options.

I'd also love a gele:
    6sCzerG.jpg
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Eastern European:
    So I voted Eastern European, but honestly I think all of them could still use a little more attention. I'm not sure what I want, but I want more. If that makes sense.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    None of the above though I do find it hilarious seeing white sims wearing Carribean clothing.
  • Options
    Eastern European:
    I voted Eastern European because it definitely has a very unique and distinct culture in terms of clothing, food and architecture which is often overlooked in mainstream media. As well as this, I have two Czech sims and I would love to create their culture in the sims as part of their backstory.