Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"NEW SECRET FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK!"

Comments

• Options
    VittaVitta Posts: 26 Member
    I once mentioned, others might probably have too, that money vaults may potentially introduce long-overdue burglars to TS4. It has a feature to scan your Sim before allowing the access and can be sneak into, also. It'd be even more fun interacting with them for those in Police career.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    It makes me wonder that they are more interested with the secret feature than the GF.. Is GF is really not that good then?

If they spend more time with it, then it could be either CAW/life stages update.. :D

But if it's a feature you're able to utilize while playing the game how can you separate the feature from actual gameplay? 🤔 I think it's something like sizing objects up and down and nothing that really changes the core gameplay. We're already getting a free career and terrain tools in the patch. A third significant freebie is probably not in the cards.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    It makes me wonder that they are more interested with the secret feature than the GF.. Is GF is really not that good then?

If they spend more time with it, then it could be either CAW/life stages update.. :D

But if it's a feature you're able to utilize while playing the game how can you separate the feature from actual gameplay? 🤔 I think it's something like sizing objects up and down and nothing that really changes the core gameplay. We're already getting a free career and terrain tools in the patch. A third significant freebie is probably not in the cards.

I think it is a third freebee since why else would they be keeping it a secret?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

I agree it's a freebie but I don't think it's of the same magnitude as a free career and terrain tools. And I forgot about the self-employed feature we're also getting. So that's three freebies announced for the patch and one more to come.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

I agree it's a freebie but I don't think it's of the same magnitude as a free career and terrain tools. And I forgot about the self-employed feature we're also getting. So that's three freebies announced for the patch and one more to come.

See this is where opinion comes in. I personally don’t see a new career that huge of a thing. Terrain tools definitely. But all the game changers wouldn’t be freaking out about this new thing if it wasn’t somewhat big. Also it could be possible to get it later in the month and not with this upcoming patch.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

See this is where opinion comes in. I personally don’t see a new career that huge of a thing. Terrain tools definitely. But all the game changers wouldn’t be freaking out about this new thing if it wasn’t somewhat big. Also it could be possible to get it later in the month and not with this upcoming patch.

If all the gamechangers are freaking out then I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with story telling or let's plays or another build feature. Two more days and we'll all know. :)
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    For this pack I'm excited for the concept of Fame I guess. Maybe it'll make me actually make my Sims go outdoors more often. Honestly, I'd be more excited if the World that came with this "EXPANSION" had more effort put in it. Either way the ONE career + some new features and that tiny world isn't worth the price they're asking for, and I know some will argue that I shouldn't that. However as a paying Simmer, I'm addressing how we're getting the bare minimum for the maximum price
    tenor.gif?itemid=6123476

I just wish a lot more was put into this pack, like in TS3 late night, or Starlight Shores.
    tumblr_n0p18nYvnA1tpsg5eo1_400.gif

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

If all the gamechangers are freaking out then I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with story telling or let's plays or another build feature. Two more days and we'll all know. :)

I WILL be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if it’s some baloney just an fyi 😂😂 Like we need some added excitement in this game.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Hmmm... I think that it may be the addition of bouncers, mixologists, and celebrity npcs

We already have mixologist.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    I saw a comment on YouTube from a speculating simmer that caught my interest. They said that something in the last livestream caught their eye but it was quickly closed out by a Guru. The Simmer thought it had something to do with challenges. They surmised that it was some sort of "create your own challenge" system where you choose your own checklists and goals for your Sim. I have no idea if this is on the right track or not, but the theory sounds interesting.

Edit to add: OR...it could be a "create-a-career" system. Soon we'll be able to give our Sims any job title we want, that's been verified. So this kind of feature would tie in with that. The goals checklist would be chosen by the player and we determine what activities contribute to career advancement. (And even fame.)

I think that makes more sense and could be why there aren't many new careers offered, yet fame and reputation was created to be flexible with all existing careers, and jobs and such have been a huge part of the focus of this pack.

Okay, I'm sticking with this theory.

I hope that's not all it is.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I hope it isn't another build feature. Call me greedy but we're getting the terrain tools... that's a lot for builders. How about something for occult players?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm hoping it's the online dating feature and chemistry and attraction along with turn ons,turn offs and relaxing in beds. Oh and something like sims facing each other when dancing together would be big for a lot of players.
  • Options
    pearson3pearson3 Posts: 33 Member
    I'm hoping it's the online dating feature and chemistry and attraction along with turn ons,turn offs and relaxing in beds. Oh and something like sims facing each other when dancing together would be big for a lot of players.

I want slow dancing back so much.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

All of that would practically be a Game Pack by itself. I don't want to disappoint you, but it's not going to be that extensive. The Gurus said it's a small feature, as did at least one Influencer. So even though Pixelade is excited and thinks it's game changing, it's most likely just one single feature or addition that does something specific.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    So in Urban Sims' acting video she went to do a risky kiss, and then stated that she wasn't allowed to show that portion. This is a longshot (as are all of the gueses, since no one knows for sure), but what if it has something to do with romance?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2018
    teajaylove wrote: »
    So in Urban Sims' acting video she went to do a risky kiss, and then stated that she wasn't allowed to show that portion. This is a longshot (as are all of the gueses, since no one knows for sure), but what if it has something to do with romance?

I've been thinking about this, too. Racking my brain trying to figure out what could be possible outcomes for risky scenes. The attraction system would be nice. However, a different time she had to cut out her sim fishing and recording with the drone. I can't think of a link between the two, lol.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    We will see tomorrow. All this wild speculation will end up with a lot of very disappointed wild people, that's for sure.

Can't blame the community tbh, because the ''Game ''changers'''' are hyping it up so much that it makes people believe it MUST be something really amazing awesome and mind blowing.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    We will see tomorrow. All this wild speculation will end up with a lot of very disappointed wild people, that's for sure.

Can't blame the community tbh, because the ''Game ''changers'''' are hyping it up so much that it makes people believe it MUST be something really amazing awesome and mind blowing.

I'm thinking more along the lines of: it's something many simmers have been asking for. So I guess that would be mind-blowing to many, but not to everybody.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member

Yeah, that is a valid point. It can be something that we have been waiting for.. or something that's totally new & unexpected.. With that in mind, it can be about anything.. The question is, what will make us spend more time playing (the secret feature) than exploring the new EP..
    rudy8292 wrote: »

And I couldn't agree more..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I've really only seen mention of one Gamechanger (Pixelade) hyping this feature. Are there any other ones that seem very excited? Just one or two Gamechangers out of all of the ones invited to SimsCamp doesn't seem like a high ratio. I'm again reminded of Kate's comment that this will be a small but fun addition.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I've really only seen mention of one Gamechanger (Pixelade) hyping this feature. Are there any other ones that seem very excited?

Yes, but I don't remember who... I realise this isn't a great help, but Pixelade is the one I'm usually following, and it was definitely another guy who said we're going to lose our minds about it. So that's at least two game changers who like the new feature. I'm trying my best not to get too hyped myself, because if it's really just improved babies... meh.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2018
    LiELF wrote: »
    I saw a comment on YouTube from a speculating simmer that caught my interest. They said that something in the last livestream caught their eye but it was quickly closed out by a Guru. The Simmer thought it had something to do with challenges. They surmised that it was some sort of "create your own challenge" system where you choose your own checklists and goals for your Sim. I have no idea if this is on the right track or not, but the theory sounds interesting.

Edit to add: OR...it could be a "create-a-career" system. Soon we'll be able to give our Sims any job title we want, that's been verified. So this kind of feature would tie in with that. The goals checklist would be chosen by the player and we determine what activities contribute to career advancement. (And even fame.)

I think that makes more sense and could be why there aren't many new careers offered, yet fame and reputation was created to be flexible with all existing careers, and jobs and such have been a huge part of the focus of this pack.

Okay, I'm sticking with this theory.

Create-a-career sounds to me like the most plausible theory yet. That way we could make our own singer career for example, something they knew we wanted and expected to come with a fame pack.

It's already been revealed self employment is coming, by every youtuber that went to simscamp. It's something else.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2018
    I've really only seen mention of one Gamechanger (Pixelade) hyping this feature. Are there any other ones that seem very excited? Just one or two Gamechangers out of all of the ones invited to SimsCamp doesn't seem like a high ratio. I'm again reminded of Kate's comment that this will be a small but fun addition.

Yes, SimmerJonny also mentioned this in a video. (2:55 and onwards).

https://youtu.be/meJAcBdWFDY?t=177

''You guys are gonna lose your minds over it! I promise you, it's a game changer, you are gonna love it!''
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish I actually wouldn't mind improved babies; I'd be happy with that. I'm keeping expectations low so I'm sure I'll be pleased with whatever they release - except for if it's really that positivity challenge. That would be a huge letdown for me. :p

@rudy8292 Thanks for the link. He really does seem to be looking forward to it! I hope it's something most of the community will be very happy about. :smiley:
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    It could have something to do with the style influencer career. Maybe they added in a bunch of blank, white shirts and pants that you can paint your own designs on like with CAP. It would technically be a "small" feature, but a lot of people would like it.

Think you might have touched upon something here. Not necessarily blank white shirts but perhaps a tool that lets you combine some clothing meshes together how you would like, while also using a color wheel/patterns similar to create-a-pet. This would fit with the Youtubers saying it's a "game-changer" and "you'll lose your minds" over it, while the devs saying it's something "small but fun" - it fits both descriptions well.