Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"NEW SECRET FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK!"

Comments

• Options
    CerealmaniacCerealmaniac Posts: 24 Member
    I'm going with the CAS idea also. Seems like a perfect time to release something like that, with the styling career coming out.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    It could have something to do with the style influencer career. Maybe they added in a bunch of blank, white shirts and pants that you can paint your own designs on like with CAP. It would technically be a "small" feature, but a lot of people would like it.

Think you might have touched upon something here. Not necessarily blank white shirts but perhaps a tool that lets you combine some clothing meshes together how you would like, while also using a color wheel/patterns similar to create-a-pet. This would fit with the Youtubers saying it's a "game-changer" and "you'll lose your minds" over it, while the devs saying it's something "small but fun" - it fits both descriptions well.

Would be cooler if they did that for sims themselves. That way we'd be able to manually tattoo them and place custom birth marks.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    We will see tomorrow. All this wild speculation will end up with a lot of very disappointed wild people, that's for sure.

Yeah, it’s why I’m keeping my expectations low and just not hyping myself about this feature. I’ve been disappointed in the past with the hype, so I’m going to wait to see what this new thing is.

And a guru said it’s “small”, so who knows what the gurus consider small at this point. They considered the Get Famous world as “not small”, for example...

I personally want updated babies, but I’m expecting to be disappointed in that aspect, so I’m just going to relax and wait for the new stuff. (Good thing I recently got the new God of War game to keep me preoccupied, lol. :wink: )
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I've really only seen mention of one Gamechanger (Pixelade) hyping this feature. Are there any other ones that seem very excited? Just one or two Gamechangers out of all of the ones invited to SimsCamp doesn't seem like a high ratio. I'm again reminded of Kate's comment that this will be a small but fun addition.

Yes, SimmerJonny also mentioned this in a video. (2:55 and onwards).

https://youtu.be/meJAcBdWFDY?t=177

''You guys are gonna lose your minds over it! I promise you, it's a game changer, you are gonna love it!''

How can it be game changing when Kate is saying it's a small but fun? I wonder how many followers these people lose after this.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I've really only seen mention of one Gamechanger (Pixelade) hyping this feature. Are there any other ones that seem very excited? Just one or two Gamechangers out of all of the ones invited to SimsCamp doesn't seem like a high ratio. I'm again reminded of Kate's comment that this will be a small but fun addition.

''You guys are gonna lose your minds over it! I promise you, it's a game changer, you are gonna love it!''

How can it be game changing when Kate is saying it's a small but fun? I wonder how many followers these people lose after this.
    Lol, it’ll be like the gallery update
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Has anyone thought about online dating as a possibility? To me that wouldn't be so interesting, but I know a lot of simmers really want it.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Has anyone thought about online dating as a possibility? To me that wouldn't be so interesting, but I know a lot of simmers really want it.

It's sort of silly to me. I'm probably going to turn down the request no matter what Sim it would be, TS3 was full of non potiential Sims, and they were always hounding my Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I would hope it but they said they said it’s small, if they do online dating I would hope it’s fully fleshed out with a attraction system. If you have GT, you know for clubs you add requirements for a sim to join, I’d like for the online dating to be similar with a sim being able to choose what they would like in the other sim. Like having a particular trait, having a beard, or even a skill level. I remember in TS3 my sim would be able to request pretty much anyone and that made it too easy. I’m sure it’s not online dating, the small update, but in the future I wish it would come.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Good thing I always temper my expectations. This way, I can rarely be disappointed and IF it is game-changing, then all the better.
  • Options
    GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    "a lot of time" means its interactive, yes i know, of course it's interactive, its the plumming sims!

What i mean is, your sim interacts with this feature, they don't observe it or study it's occurrences, meaning it has to be something they can USE and be apart of.

My assumptions are babies being freed from cribs, maybe new careers or perhaps workable NPC jobs suck as repairman and so on, maybe your sim can be a burglar and risk getting caught by the police should they be added and spiced up.

Listen to what they say very carefully, they've been interacting, not watching how it works, they've been using it and the way it's said means this isn't something that just happens as a surprise.

Sorry for the confusing comment, I just think it's babies unlocked from their cribs.
  • Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    edited November 2018
    Wait are we actually getting the patch tomorrow?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    iBrow wrote: »
    Wait are we actually getting the patch tomorrow?

Nope. It is a livestream where they'll show the mystery feature. The patch will probably be out next week.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Whatever it is, it's not going to be bigger or as big as Terrain tools, or they'd have given it the same or bigger treatment. There's no way this is gong to be shorter teens or cars or freed babies most of the other speculation I've been seeing. Those would all get same-or-more treatment compared to Terrain tools.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Whatever it is, it's not going to be bigger or as big as Terrain tools, or they'd have given it the same or bigger treatment. There's no way this is gong to be shorter teens or cars or freed babies most of the other speculation I've been seeing. Those would all get same-or-more treatment compared to Terrain tools.

Yes! This makes the most sense out anything I've seen. The gurus have been very careful not to hype this feature. That might mean its something polarizing or something a lot of simmers won't care about at all while others will "lose their minds".
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    A streamer I follow went to sims camp, and when he returned he said the new feature will blow our minds. And while burglars, preteens, babies, CASt etc would be great additions, the only thing I can think that will collectively have our minds blown is CAW. The streamer who said this is a builder who doesn't really delve into gameplay, and we now have terrain tools, so I can't imagine it being anything else.
  • Options
    taydev wrote: »
    A streamer I follow went to sims camp, and when he returned he said the new feature will blow our minds. And while burglars, preteens, babies, CASt etc would be great additions, the only thing I can think that will collectively have our minds blown is CAW. The streamer who said this is a builder who doesn't really delve into gameplay, and we now have terrain tools, so I can't imagine it being anything else.
    But CAW would be something big, SimguruKate said it’s small, but fun. Besides one streamer doesn’t really speak for everyone, they might says it’s fun and a “gamechanger” but maybe they found it that way, and other won’t.
  • Options
    MaziMazi Posts: 22 Member
    I don't know how many realize that CAW is one of the biggest things.

Cars, Babies and other stuff are nothing compared to CAW in terms of production values and resources spent by creating it.

It would require at least a year only to create a good functional CAW, probably more than a game pack.

If it was CAW it would've been hyped to death and probably with a price tag on it.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Maybe it's body hair?One can dream.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    teajaylove wrote: »
    So in Urban Sims' acting video she went to do a risky kiss, and then stated that she wasn't allowed to show that portion. This is a longshot (as are all of the gueses, since no one knows for sure), but what if it has something to do with romance?

Others have shown the risky kiss. It was shown in the first GF Livestream as well but I'm wondering about that new hug. SimGuruGeorge didn't answer my tweet about that one.
  • Options

Yes

The Sims Commuity Jovan,Iron Seagull and others as well.
  • Options

A new gallery update doesn't seem like a feature the game changers would play more of then what's in GF.

Yes I have and the possibility that turn ons and turn offs are part of this as well. Those would be needed for an online dating feature.
  • Options

A new gallery update doesn't seem like a feature the game changers would play more of then what's in GF.

I’m not saying it’ll be a gallery update, I’m saying it’ll be like the gallery update where people were hyping themselves up when we were told it’s small and some people got upset. SimguruKate said it’s small again and some expectations seem to be set high over here.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    If it's anything CAW related, I'd guess it's a "world edit" function that would let you place or remove lots in the worlds. I think that has the potential to be "smaller" than terrain tools but still be game changing.
  • Options
    taydev wrote: »
    But CAW would be something big, SimguruKate said it’s small, but fun. Besides one streamer doesn’t really speak for everyone, they might says it’s fun and a “gamechanger” but maybe they found it that way, and other won’t.

i'm certain the grand majority of simmers would find CAW fun and a gamechanger.
  • Options
    Mazi wrote: »
    I don't know how many realize that CAW is one of the biggest things.

Cars, Babies and other stuff are nothing compared to CAW in terms of production values and resources spent by creating it.

It would require at least a year only to create a good functional CAW, probably more than a game pack.

If it was CAW it would've been hyped to death and probably with a price tag on it.

CAW in TS3 was free