Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do We Really Need Another Three Years? TS4 at Four Years Old

Comments

• Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Sounds like a running virus, no one was having as much trouble as you were. Not sorry its just a game delete your problem, start over. Get your sims that you saved in your library, then make new pets. Well sometimes you just need to delete like all in the household, the complete household, It sounds more like a virus. replace the lot, if you got something form the gallery like the house or a Sim delete that as well. So how did you fix it, I am sure you do not have that none working household.

I once had a Virus bug (a running virus) in a household, I knew it was a Virus bug, so I had to delete the entire household that included toddler kids and parents, also the lot, and that stopped the problem.
    This was before we got Cats&Dogs

Connecting to the topic. But yes this is part of the reason Simmers do not want more years of Sims 4. I do understand a Company that Needs the money. For new projects, but is it fair to us.?

I was far from the only simmer reporting them. My game was clean, I did try restarting, problems did persist, later issues were patched. If you were lucky to not experience issues do not assume that others didn't either.

cat scratching post glitch that got fixed in the first patch:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-CD-Kitten-Stuck-on-object-and-Cannot-Be-Reset/td-p/6411078/page/1
    object range glitch that got fixed in the first patch:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/929370/cats-name-would-like-a-nice-clean-litter-box
    "pet will not eat" glitch:
    http://modthesims.info/t/332656

issue megathread from November 2017:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928859/combined-list-of-most-pet-issues-that-simmers-are-having/p1
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Sounds like a running virus, no one was having as much trouble as you were. Not sorry its just a game delete your problem, start over. Get your sims that you saved in your library, then make new pets. Well sometimes you just need to delete like all in the household, the complete household, It sounds more like a virus. replace the lot, if you got something form the gallery like the house or a Sim delete that as well. So how did you fix it, I am sure you do not have that none working household.

I once had a Virus bug (a running virus) in a household, I knew it was a Virus bug, so I had to delete the entire household that included toddler kids and parents, also the lot, and that stopped the problem.

Connecting to the topic. But yes this is part of the reason Simmers do not want more years of Sims 4. I do understand a Company that Needs the money. For new projects, but is it fair to us.?

I was far from the only simmer reporting them. My game was clean, I did try restarting, problems did persist, later issues were patched. If you were lucky to not experience issues do not assume that others didn't either.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-CD-Kitten-Stuck-on-object-and-Cannot-Be-Reset/td-p/6411078/page/1
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/929370/cats-name-would-like-a-nice-clean-litter-box

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928859/combined-list-of-most-pet-issues-that-simmers-are-having/p1

Ugh the pets not eating glitch is still a problem and the strays are also an issue... I've just come to the point where I'm avoiding pets in a household until all the bugs gets fixed... 😟
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited November 2018

I saw the complaints when they came in, even then I thought it was a good way to add more bad, it did get worst.

Post edited by Stormsview on
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,653 Member
    @mirta000 i was unaware of all the problems from cats and dogs that you mentioned. i only got cats and dogs for the additional lots, so i never had a pet in my household and i never lived in that town.

Your problems that you experienced are one more example of many that have happened since the inception of The Sims 4. It seems that every time a patch or pack comes out, we have to deal with various bugs in our game. That is the biggest reason that i have lost all faith in their ability to give us a stable game in The Sims 4 and why i have been ready for quite some time for them to move on to a newer and hopefully better version of the sims. I don't want to say that they are unable to do quality work. I just get the impression that the base is very unstable for whatever reason.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Second most fun EP to hit Sims 4 was Cats & Dogs our Pets, wow everyone loved the Pets it started off so well no bugs really for a good while, Well see someone does not wish us to enjoy this game. So whoever that is went and patch in our dogs whining all the time, head down unhappy. if we leave the dog and return home it will be disease and dirty, every day without fail,

I beg to differ. On Cats and Dogs release I was very upset due to being unable to control our pets, because of all the bugs I've been experiencing.

My worst bugs from that time were:
    - cats and kittens getting stuck on the cat scratcher. You needed to delete the cat scratcher entirely and reset all of your bugged animals.
    - weirdly limit reach on cats being able to detect the object that they need. I was playing in a 8 sim household at the time, so it was a very big house, just one floor, but big lot. So if my cat was all the way to the left, somewhere inside the bedrooms and said cat needed to pee, as the litter box was in the bathroom all the way across from the room that they're in, they acted as if there was no litter box in the house. Resulting in me having to keep like 4-5 litter boxes for one cat.
    - my pets, for whatever reason, would randomly refuse to eat. Once again they would act as if the food bowl was not there and this one was without the food bowl being a certain distance away. This was remedied by spamming a sim to tell the pet to eat. 10-20 commands used to do it, but it was seriously upsetting me, as I had no direct control of the pet, but I still needed to "control" them, so the only difference was that I had to use a sim with a rather inefficient command to tell my pet to eat.

then of course, if you didn't live in the new pets neighborhood, to see strays, you needed to apply the trait to your house for either cats or dogs. But instead of the trait spawning passerby strays that my sim could get a relationship going with, it would always have 6-10 cats at my door, they were all hungry and needing to pee, but despite me putting out a food bowl outside for them, they would never eat. So I had a lot of moody, upset animals sitting directly at my front door, making moving in and out of the house difficult.

I agree. Two of those problems still exist to this day.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    The last two pages of this thread shows people aren't playing some parts of this game because the very things that are supposed to be the attraction or feature to the pack they are having problems with are the very reasons they aren't playing that part of the packs. I don't know, I'm the sort of player who won't buy anymore, will stop, and yes, report the bug or glitch and also provide feedback and complain until it is improved. What is the point of CL if players have problems with the apartments whatever that problem would be. What is the point in playing toddlers if the high chair is the annoying problem? What is the point of C&D if players ignore playing the pets because of too many strays sick, or animals getting stuck or whatever. Then it means the very thing that is supposed to be the feature of something new is not working correctly and or bugged or not implemented correctly or broken later either by a change on puropse or patched and broken by mistake.

I don't know, I'm more inclined to think wait, if I spent $40 on something or even $20 and the features that are supposed to be in that pack no longer function correctly then I wasted money, right? Doesn't matter if there are some clothes or furniture or object I could use somewhere else, the point is you paid for the full pack and most of it was unusable or set up in such a way the player is avoiding it because of the broken feature. So, I don't know how anyone can defend that. Or want three more years of it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The last two pages of this thread shows people aren't playing some parts of this game because the very things that are supposed to be the attraction or feature to the pack they are having problems with are the very reasons they aren't playing that part of the packs. I don't know, I'm the sort of player who won't buy anymore, will stop, and yes, report the bug or glitch and also provide feedback and complain until it is improved. What is the point of CL if players have problems with the apartments whatever that problem would be. What is the point in playing toddlers if the high chair is the annoying problem? What is the point of C&D if players ignore playing the pets because of too many strays sick, or animals getting stuck or whatever. Then it means the very thing that is supposed to be the feature of something new is not working correctly and or bugged or not implemented correctly or broken later either by a change on puropse or patched and broken by mistake.

I don't know, I'm more inclined to think wait, if I spent $40 on something or even $20 and the features that are supposed to be in that pack no longer function correctly then I wasted money, right? Doesn't matter if there are some clothes or furniture or object I could use somewhere else, the point is you paid for the full pack and most of it was unusable or set up in such a way the player is avoiding it because of the broken feature. So, I don't know how anyone can defend that. Or want three more years of it.

I will not report any longer a problem that I know will not get fixed,
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

After 4 years of them laughing and making jokes as to what they pretended to fix we understand things will not be getting better. I will not report any longer a problem that I know will not get fixed, if anything gets fixed it was by pure accident lol. what do they call it, (they tweaked this or that) and then they would laugh, well, of course, they can laugh it's not their money going down the drain.

Your right I do not have the game I paid for. I can not use toddlers, I can not use pets. Now I am trying to go back and play some of the older EP's because I will not come home to a dirty diseased dog, that's starving with 3 bowls of food 3 feet away. This is every time I leave the house.

That's no bug to report they added that to the game. Not broken, they made all those spawning townies, not broken, nothing to report. They will not change what they do, It is not like they play the game we do.

And add to all that the packs are much less in gameplay than the past EPs of the older games. That is just a fact. Hair and clothes don't make up for gameplay. Someone who never played cafes never knew how many bugs it developed and yes, was patched a long time ago, but I wonder with everyhing today, if those bugs didn't reappear where the NPC who was running the cafe bar switches just as your Sim tried to order and never got their order, or there was a bug at one time where the game didn't even serve the food etc. The more they add to TS4 the worse it's getting, and though I'm sure players want more things to do and play, just like in all of them, at some point players have to say, enough, because half of what I have doesn't even work correctly and more than half the gameplay that was previous games is still missing and look at all that money we spent. ETA: Last time I played the scientist career the game didn't generate something my Sim was supposed to find to reach a high level, it was supposed to be out there in the desert somewhere, where the lab is located. I'm not inclined to reinstall to playe linear play just to find out that was never fixed. There are those sort of bugs all over this game, and considering how much aren't in these packs like in older games, then half doesn't work correctly I think four years was long enough to fix all those things and fill all those packs with actual gameplay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

I couldn't agree more.

It's bad enough that we are not getting a quality product with The Sims 4. It's even much worse when problems either take months to fix or do not get fixed at all.

We are waaay overdue for them to scrap The Sims 4 and move on. Unfortunately, as long as people continue to throw good money after bad in this game, nothing is going to change. It's obvious that they only care about making money and quality is a very low priority.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

It's not personal to EA/Maxis, it's not you, it's just a business,

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    wrt to the main features being not played due to annoyances, that's something I think EA have pitched badly. They were keen to give downsides pay-offs to everything that could be positive so as to give it all "gameplay challenge" value, but I think this is the wrong game for that. Most simmers I know don't play sims long-term for the challenge aspects of it, but more for the situational evolution of their families. I know some people play for the challenges but they're more likely to move on to other games once they have "won" all the challenges, which isn't hard enough in The Sims to keep that type of player satisfied anyway. I don't think this game can be all things to all people and I think it could benefit from them stop trying to make it so.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Well your post obviously played off of what I said. So yes City Living apartments have (or had) more problems for me. Yes I have (or did have) the time backup thing that happened there. Yes I do have more pausing that happen (or happened there). I haven't had my sims live in apartments for some time now and haven't checked back. I did write that out too.. go check. I've been complaining about it right now up till this point as though it's still actually occurring and really... I don't know if it is. I don't enjoy having my sims live in apartments (they feel claustrophobic) so I really haven't checked. I haven't checked myself or even researched why it might be a problem for me. I may have even been playing certain mods in my game when I played it .. that I know give my game issues. I even think this has been a lesson to me to check before complaining.
    I think my distaste for that type of gameplay actually could have me exaggerating any issues I have or had. I don't know and the only way I will know is to check. I might... when I feel like doing it. It doesn't appeal to me so I'm not sure when I will check. I'm kind of curious now though..
    So anyway I'm not "avoiding" because of a broken feature. I'm avoiding it because living in apartments really doesn't appeal to me in the first place.
    I don't have any other problems in this game that I consider real issues. I have the science garden thing that bothers me and I have reported it. I do think reporting it will help. I'll come back and give you the thumbs up if it's been fixed in the next few patches. I have a work around and it doesn't really impede my game play.. and right now I'm not playing a scientist. I was a few weeks ago. I don't avoid that part of gameplay because I enjoy it.

Now why would I want 3 more years of it? For the same reason I posted on it before. Because I enjoy the game tremendously. I don't play every part of the game.. I never said I did. I might try something out but if it won't suit a story I want to tell it just sits there until I feel like using it again. Most of the stuff and gameplay that comes in packs I incorporate somehow in my game at some point though, if only to see how it works. I don't really use the wishing well anymore that doesn't mean I don't use much of the rest of that pack or will never use it again. It is a chance item though and they aren't my favorite things so I might not use it again. In the past games I did the same thing. Every pack added to the game overall but I didn't use everything in them. It's not any different for me now in that respect. Of course now I haven't had to remove packs from my line up because they were too invasively irritating to run. Not saying it won't ever happen it just hasn't happened yet. I like ways to avoid that irritation up front. So far I've been given that with this game and that's a huge plus for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I couldn't agree more.

It's bad enough that we are not getting a quality product with The Sims 4. It's even much worse when problems either take months to fix or do not get fixed at all.

We are waaay overdue for them to scrap The Sims 4 and move on. Unfortunately, as long as people continue to throw good money after bad in this game, nothing is going to change. It's obvious that they only care about making money and quality is a very low priority.

Another example of a half a pack would be the festivals. They sometimes spawn over top of the last one. Or if you can't wait and your Sim can't stay there until it's finished, and I have frequent whims where I want to go do something else, then there is chance the next time the festival (just even to have somewhere to go or something to do) will spawn over another one. Broken pack feature. So, someone who paid $40 doesn't even get the benefit of that part of the pack as long as it remains broken. I know I was pretty ticked for a couple of years when Lice Freezers remained broken even with a patch for it. The more they make, the more it breaks. I stopped visiting my grocery stores (avoidance) because the Lice Freezer I had in my library could no longer show all the veggies and fruit my Sim had worked so hard to fill so others in my game didn't have to do that. Waste of hard work, and time, and I've got a huge list of things people say aren't a problem in their game, but hey, if you never build one and work at one, and or try to run one, then of course they wouldn't know. There are so many problems with TS4 in so many small ways, it's not worth it for some to keep buying other stuff for three more years, and hope beyond hope the new game is gone over with a fine tooth comb before they release it.

ETA: And I wonder why gamers don't treat games like other things they buy, if everything is not working, we return it. We don't keep a vacuum cleaner if the hose part is broken and can't pick up a dust bunny, but it sweeps the floor just fine. We wouldn't pay that much for it to half work. It's time we all start treating games like any other product.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,258 Member
    Well, whether we need 3 more years or not looks like we might get them. And more.

Andrew Wilson on 10/30
    In our Sims 4 live service, fans have downloaded nearly 30 million expansion packs life-to-date, and with our monthly average players continuing to grow year-over-year, we see a long future ahead for this game and its thriving community.

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2018/10/30/electronic-arts-ea-q2-2019-earnings-conference-cal.aspx
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Andrew has been saying that more or less all year - so it does not surprise me at all. Just the way he talked the last 9 month it very much looked like Sims 4 was far from an end time. I just hope they get that performance thing under control and do not make it a bad experience by making our creative part of world which is lots better - not less.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2018
    ETA: And I wonder why gamers don't treat games like other things they buy, if everything is not working, we return it. We don't keep a vacuum cleaner if the hose part is broken and can't pick up a dust bunny, but it sweeps the floor just fine. We wouldn't pay that much for it to half work. It's time we all start treating games like any other product.

This is something that always bothered me. Why do people treat this game as something different? At the end of the day we are all paying customers and have a right to give feedback or complain about the product if it's defective for us. And just like any other product some will get a defective one and others won't. For example, back when I worked in retail we were getting a lot of returns on the Keurig 2.0. a lot of customers were saying there we're issues with the water dispenser in the machine. I also had a few curious customers who asked about the returns and once they found out about it they would mention the one they had works perfectly fine for them. At the end of all that I believe the company created and new Keurig system and of course honored said returns of the defective product. I just wish EA would do the same or something similar. I know games are a bit of a different ball game but the bottom line remains we are all customers here and if people are going to blow the fact that EA is a business in our faces we should be able to proudly say we are customers and have every right to complain about the product if it's defective for us.

*Came back to edit the typos as during me writing this post, my daughter kept trying to take my phone away from me lol*
    Post edited by Noree_Doree on
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member

*Came back to edit the typos as during me writing this post, my daughter kept trying to take my phone away from me lol*

@MzPigglyPooh LOL!! Too funny! Sorry to be off topic, but how old is she?

And I love your screen name!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    @MzPigglyPooh LOL!! Too funny! Sorry to be off topic, but how old is she?

32 :)

• Options
    @IngeJones LOL! :D

@Goodywood Thank you! :) and she's 10 months old.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,626 Member
    @IngeJones LOL! :D

@Goodywood Thank you! :) and she's 10 months old.

Aww! Too cute!

LOL @IngeJones
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    If more and more people will bump into bugs I’d imagine they’ll indeed stop buying. It would be a sad affair though if that would be a reason. I simply don’t understand why this is offered as a solution so often (don’t buy, don’t play) when it’s rather the problem and not the solution. It’s like telling the deaf man he doesn’t have a problem, he just can’t hear.

Okay wait if you are referring to my statement about not buying if they had an unplayable game due to bugs no where did I say not to report it or to go away. I didn't say it was a solution either. I simply said they shouldn't buy anything else at that point. It might compound the problem to add to it.
    Do you think people should keep buying when they say their game is unplayable due to bugs?
    Maybe what I said wasn't taken at face value but that is how I meant it.
    I meant that part rather in general, just triggered by your post (which is why I didn’t quote, the part about not buying being a solution wasn’t adressing what you said but rather a conclusion I see stated in general frequently). No, I don’t think people should buy if the game becomes unplayable for them (and it would be a very sad reason if that someone would like the game). Unless their equipment is the reason or an overload of CC, then they could look into that. Not sure if that’s a cause for Sims 4 bugs and issues, I presume it could be if not everyone has them.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

I couldn't agree more.

I could be way off base here, but I believe the reason we treat this game differently from other things that we buy is because The Sims is the only product of its kind out there to my knowledge. If there were other companies out there making a similar game, there would be competition for our business. Then I believe the quality would improve and the price be lower.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

But if you prepay you can get a refund before the game is released. but not after.
  • Options

You know the Guru that said he had the wheel and he knows how to make it work, well I think, he could not get cars to work, that's the reason we have an EP that looks like its made for cars even with driveways, and no cars, not even ones we can stretch and add the empty driveways, Our old ones I suppose will do, but I want the limos. I hear you can not move the limos and they are no place to be found in build buy. ? :|
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Since others have posted Maxis says TS4's EPs had 30 million downloads over the course of this game (kaching!) and many more years of success left, then I will state it here, are you kidding me, Maxis, what excuses are there anymore for all the bugs, the half done packs, and the lack of gameplay in most of them if TS4 is stacking up a pile of money. Let us hope that big fat amount of money they have made goes into a better game than this one because it shows we will buy any broken product or less for more just because of the Maxis Logo. I'm starting to think I'm part of that 'there is one born every minute' because I kept buying too, up until C&D. Trying hard to 'make it better'.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top