Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what was your first sims game?

Comments

• Options
    Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    Easy! The Sims 1. The paper box with the tiled design on it, that I got at a time when PCs were the dominant force and stores didn't really even have a Mac game section any more. Go figure. Now I'm PC and Macs have had a bit of a resurgence. and both are more on an even playing-field.
    It just drew me because you could go in there and do whatever you wanted with it. Endless possibilities!
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,251 Member
    May have been the sims 2. Didn't last long though as for some reason my mouse cursor got stuck. Started leaving copies of itself behind, overlapped. And no I didn't have it set to leave a tail.
    image.png
  • Options
    ConzalosConzalos Posts: 6 New Member
    the sims world adventures app on the iphone (if it counts lol)
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I'm happy to say The Sims
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    I'm happy to say The Sims

:)
  • Options
    Louise_WordsworthLouise_Wordsworth Posts: 33 Member
    The Sims. It had about fifteen discs needed to install it, and one to play it. I lost one of the discs, and then when I changed computers, I couldn't re-install it D: I played mostly with Michael Bachelor, and had him marry... Mortimer Goth? I believe? Michael Bachelor was his friend at first, and all of a sudden a romance option popped up, and I was happy and surprised that the game 'allowed' that (it was the year 2000 or 2001... a lot of that stuff was still not mainstream at all yet, but Queer as Folk was my favourite TV show).

I believe I skipped The Sims 2, and went straight to 3, with the World Adventures pack. I also lost the disc to that when I moved to America, but I contacted EA and proved I owned it (I had registered it on here or the EA forum I believe) and they gave me the codes. My computer always struggled to play it, and I couldn't really build, because entering the 'create a style' mode took about 4 mins to load each set of swatches.

Then in 2014, I got The Sims 4, and have never looked back.
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    The Sims 2 in 2006. I bought the base game and University. I played the base game only for a while and then got too scared to installed Uni because I had read that installing EP's could mess up your saves. But months later I finally installed Uni, and it worked, so I started buying more EP's. ^^
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    XxJoshuaSimxXXxJoshuaSimxX Posts: 63 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    The Sims 2 in 2006. I bought the base game and University. I played the base game only for a while and then got too scared to installed Uni because I had read that installing EP's could mess up your saves. But months later I finally installed Uni, and it worked, so I started buying more EP's. ^^

2006?! wow
  • Options
    AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    My first Sims game was The Sims. My mother gave me the disc which had come with her Gateway computer. She didn’t know what she was starting. It wasn’t unheard of for me to play for several hours at a stretch. My first sim was a character based on Todd Rundgren. I gave him the hipster head and Mortimer’s suit. I later gave him the head with the long blonde hair and painted it black. I still keep the 2001 Gateway around just for the purpose of playing Sims 1. I also keep a Mac Classic around because it’s my Tetris machine.
  • Options
    rosemagwinrosemagwin Posts: 25 Member
    I got the Sims Deluxe edition, for what I believe was my eighth birthday. Since then, the descent into the fandom started
  • Options
    VershnerVershner Posts: 59 Member
    Technically, given The Sims grew out of Sim City, my first Sims game was the original Sim City, on the ZX Spectrum, back in 1990.
    I played the first The Sims in 2000. I haven't played 3 or 4 at all.
  • Options
    HenrinatorHenrinator Posts: 55 Member
    Sims 2
    Hello there (• _ •)
    You can also find me here: Origin ID: Henrinatoren | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057159691/
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    The Sims (1)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sims 1. Addicted instantly but after five hours of playing I never reopened it because I couldn’t manage to keep my sim alive and I didn’t like that.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lbird2002lbird2002 Posts: 20 Member
    The Sims 1
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Sims 2
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    the sims 1 on my friend's computer. She started the obsession for me, was a bad influence lol
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    The Sims FreePlay on my iPod Touch when I was around 9. I didn’t get to play the old ones so my second was The Sims 4.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Azreal_RouAzreal_Rou Posts: 22 Member
    sims 2 was my first game and TBH I still love it more than any of the other Sims game. That being said however I sadly don't have all of my sims 2 CC so I don't play it much anymore. Sims 4 has been pretty fun I just for the life of me couldn't get into Sims 3 due to how awkward the sims looked.
  • Options
    33Angie3333Angie33 Posts: 33 New Member
    The sims free play when I was ten when it was popular at school, then the sims 3.
  • Options
    LordThebesLordThebes Posts: 19 Member
    The first game which I started playing all the way back in that far off year of 2002.
  • Options
    lydiaofmemeteamlydiaofmemeteam Posts: 32 Member
    My first Sims game was The Sims 2, and shortly afterwards I played The Sims for the GameCube before moving onto the others.
  • Options
    NellionkingiNellionkingi Posts: 28 Member
    Sims 2 on PS2! And then Sims 2 pets :)
    I’ll show you the dark side.
  • Options
    GxbbyCatGxbbyCat Posts: 49 Member
    The sims 1 unleashed
    33ljytw.gif