Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You Want “Get Famous” But Don’t Want To Pay $40 USD, Get In Here!

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2018
    Could someone please explain how this "build your bundle" thing works? Whenever I click it in Origin it tells me "there are no bundles available because I've got quite a collection already" or something like that, even though I only have like half of the packs.

Yeah, I can't build a bundle either because I own all the GPs. I have to wait for another to be released before I can take advantage of this.
    I wish I would have known about it before I bought Jungle Adventures. Apparently, there was a bundle sale recently and I could've gotten Seasons and one of the SPs (that rarely come on sale anyway) that I don't have yet with it for dirt cheap.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimButtySimButty Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Cupid said:
    > When Seasons came out, I bought it for $25 and had it on release day. I bought it from a third party though, which is arguably risky depending on the source, but I'll probably keep doing that until the day it backfires.
    >
    > I wouldn't pay full price for any EP regardless of whether I felt it was worth the full value or not, simply because EA has that strange habit of tossing them on sale so soon after release and making the consumer feel like garbage for paying full price >:)

Yup I use mmoga all the time to get it on the release day and cheaper :)
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I always buy them 50% off, usually at Target, though Origin does a lot of sales, too, and it's very likely they'll have it on sale at origin even very soon after release.
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    Im debating whether or not I want to pre-order GF on cdkeys. Ive heard alot of good things regarding it, but knowing my luck the first time using it something will inevitably happen and I neither get my game or my money back. And I still have yet to buy an EP at full price! Not that I think the EPs arent worth the money, but its just I always got my EPs 1/2 off.

Im probably going to end up waiting for the sales to come. With black friday and plum monday right after release, Im certain it'll come on sale! Hopefully Target will have a 1/2 sale again a week later for GF like they did with Seasons!

I've bought a bunch of packs from CDkeys, they're safe, but if you're being cautious (which is good to always be) you can pay through paypal and if you're not delivered the key when they say they would then file a claim with paypal to get your money back.

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm not sure too. It doesn't seem to be big enough to be called an EP...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Ugh... this should've been a game pack. It seriously does NOT feel like an expansion pack at all... the trailer itself shows this.

Ah yes, a one minute trailer shows everything. Can we stop pretending that the trailers are absolute? Get Together had a GARBAGE trailer and it turned out to be one of their best expansions among the community.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Great idea OP. I'm not all that pumped for this EP anyway so I think I can hold off a few weeks to purchase it. Then again I said that for the Adventure pack and ended up buying it the day it was released.
    Sims players have been starved for good content for so long, whenever EA dangles a fresh piece of meat (aka a new EP,GP,SP) in front of them, fans go wild. If this new EP was a Build themed pack I'd have already pre ordered it. I also agree with @Lustianicia, It feels too soon to have another quality expansion pack. I feel this will be more like a game pack. They keep rushing these half done packs out with this game though. :/
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ugh... this should've been a game pack. It seriously does NOT feel like an expansion pack at all... the trailer itself shows this.

Ah yes, a one minute trailer shows everything. Can we stop pretending that the trailers are absolute? Get Together had a GARBAGE trailer and it turned out to be one of their best expansions among the community.

When 'Get Together' was announced, I never denied that it was an expansion pack... I never suggested it didn't look like one. I just said it looked ridiculous and pointless. "Get Together" always looked like an expansion pack (even when it was first announced). My judgment on it from the beginning was solely based on the fact that it didn't look interesting at all.

"Get Famous" DOES look interesting. It DOES look appealing to me... however, it just doesn't look like an expansion pack. This is the kind of thing that should be a game pack. That's all I'm saying.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I bought seasons day 1 first time in a long time. I will wait for a sale I think for this pack. I still haven't heard the omg I want it now yet. I am interested but they sort of killed my excitement with a few things. I know I am going to get it because I have a few sims I want to be actors. I literally downloaded a mod for it the other day. They are still children so I have some time before I need the pack....unless there is an option to be a child actor and can be homeschooled while acting. That could be the OMG I want it now.

They said something about children having drama club, whatever that means, but no job for child actors.

hrm not enough...waiting for the sale :)
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I actually do want this pack but I'd rather get it half price. It seems like it'll be fun but I rather pay full price for Uni or Tropical vacations
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm waiting for a Target sale it will for sure be on sale on Black Friday if not long before that pretty sure I got Seasons half off its first week there. There's no way this game pack-expansion is worth paying full price with its 11 lots and 1 trait.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    aobaob Posts: 904 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    When Seasons came out, I bought it for $25 and had it on release day. I bought it from a third party though, which is arguably risky depending on the source, but I'll probably keep doing that until the day it backfires.

I wouldn't pay full price for any EP regardless of whether I felt it was worth the full value or not, simply because EA has that strange habit of tossing them on sale so soon after release and making the consumer feel like garbage for paying full price >:)

@Cupid what third party?
    8b787dbb95ac5f2afbd53010e3e3a47f4c9ed619.gif origin id: grilledtempeh
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    Could someone please explain how this "build your bundle" thing works? Whenever I click it in Origin it tells me "there are no bundles available because I've got quite a collection already" or something like that, even though I only have like half of the packs.

Build Your Bundle on Origin just means you're able to buy one Expansion Pack, Game Pack and Stuff Pack all at the same time. You just have to wait until you see it on Origin. I'm waiting to do this with Seasons or Cats and Dogs (EP), Outdoor Retreat (GP) and My First Pet (SP).
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I can't do that because I don't have anymore money on my Origin and I already own every EP/GP that's out and I'm only missing three SPs(Romantic Garden, Fitness, and Bowling Night)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    aob wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »
    When Seasons came out, I bought it for $25 and had it on release day. I bought it from a third party though, which is arguably risky depending on the source, but I'll probably keep doing that until the day it backfires.

I wouldn't pay full price for any EP regardless of whether I felt it was worth the full value or not, simply because EA has that strange habit of tossing them on sale so soon after release and making the consumer feel like garbage for paying full price >:)

@Cupid what third party?

CDkeys. I haven't run into any issues with them but I can't recommend it because I have heard that sometimes EA will seize copies bought off of those sorts of third party retailers. So, buyer beware!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited October 2018
    I have all the packs so I’m not 100% sure, but I was under the impression the Build Your Bundle meant 1 Expansion Pack, 1 Game Pack, and 1 Stuff Pack. Do you own all of one of those categories and that’s why it’s not letting you build a bundle?
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't build a bundle either because I own all the GPs. I have to wait for another to be released before I can take advantage of this.
    I wish I would have known about it before I bought Jungle Adventures. Apparently, there was a bundle sale recently and I could've gotten Seasons and one of the SPs (that rarely come on sale anyway) that I don't have yet with it for dirt cheap.
    Build Your Bundle on Origin just means you're able to buy one Expansion Pack, Game Pack and Stuff Pack all at the same time. You just have to wait until you see it on Origin. I'm waiting to do this with Seasons or Cats and Dogs (EP), Outdoor Retreat (GP) and My First Pet (SP).

Thanks! I was aware of what Build Your Bundle meant, but I didn't understand why it wasn't giving me any options, as I only own half of the packs. But now I realise that I do own all the EPs, so that must be why it doesn't me offer any bundles :smile:
  • Options
    tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    It would depend. I may wait to see what bugs are in the pack, even though I don't use CC.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for a Target sale it will for sure be on sale on Black Friday if not long before that pretty sure I got Seasons half off its first week there. There's no way this game pack-expansion is worth paying full price with its 11 lots and 1 trait.

I'm waiting for Black Friday too which is just a week after release
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'll wait too. No way for me to buy it at full price.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

that doesn't surprise me. Right now, they're selling GF cheaply, but honestly, it's not cheap if EA decides your copy is invalid.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    WHAT ABOUT OTHER PC DIGITAL RETAILERS?
    Purchasing EA PC digital games from unauthorized sellers holds a variety of risks. The following information can help you protect your account and yourself.

Our games are sold at various online and in-store retailers across the world, but there may be some risks involved with purchasing from some unauthorized retailers including putting your account and personal information in danger.

At best, you might receive the wrong product or language version of a game you buy.
    At worst, unauthorized websites may be phishing for your EA Account or payment information. This can result in losing access to your account or fraudulent activity happening to your payment details.
    Additionally, any illegally obtained games and Product Codes will be disabled by us, and access to the product will be lost.
    Make sure you take steps to protect yourself.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I've got enough money to splash out on this. The gameplay additions look fun and there's a nice selection of Build/Buy stuff too.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I used to pay full price but now I buy in sales or websites offering it cheaper.

Mmhmm, that’s the real cheat code

Oh, I didn't mean illegal downloads😁 I meant cdkeys.com. I bought Seasons from them for £18.99 before it was released.

The Guru's are stating that EA no longer supports cdkeys.com and you account can get banned - so you better not buy from them as your won't get the game installed and lose your whole account. It is posted in the tweets from the Guru's - down near the bottom. Losing your entire game and account to buy from a third party seller is a very bad idea or you won't be able to play at all if your account gets banned.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited October 2018
    I messaged Kate about the possible ban and she said she needed to look into that and will get back.

The only info on EA help is this:

Additionally, any illegally obtained games and Product Codes will be disabled by us, and access to the product will be lost.

Nothing about your Origin account being banned. Just that specific game/code.