Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You Want “Get Famous” But Don’t Want To Pay $40 USD, Get In Here!

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    ernesdo wrote: »
    I think the only pack I've bought full price was Parenthood and that's because I wanted it on release day. Unless you want a stuff pack, it's easy to wait until a sale (come on origin, we need a stuff pack sale!).

I know some people hold off on buying packs individually so they can buy the bundle instead.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I bought seasons day 1 first time in a long time. I will wait for a sale I think for this pack. I still haven't heard the omg I want it now yet. I am interested but they sort of killed my excitement with a few things. I know I am going to get it because I have a few sims I want to be actors. I literally downloaded a mod for it the other day. They are still children so I have some time before I need the pack....unless there is an option to be a child actor and can be homeschooled while acting. That could be the OMG I want it now.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I bought seasons day 1 first time in a long time. I will wait for a sale I think for this pack. I still haven't heard the omg I want it now yet. I am interested but they sort of killed my excitement with a few things. I know I am going to get it because I have a few sims I want to be actors. I literally downloaded a mod for it the other day. They are still children so I have some time before I need the pack....unless there is an option to be a child actor and can be homeschooled while acting. That could be the OMG I want it now.

They said something about children having drama club, whatever that means, but no job for child actors.
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I don't think I'm going to buy this even if it is on 50% sale, I just don't care about celebrity stuff. I kinda need/want university, even though I don't really play the game much at all. But I'm kinda hoping something comes along and makes me want to play again.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited October 2018
    Ugh... this should've been a game pack. It seriously does NOT feel like an expansion pack at all... the trailer itself shows this.
    • New world and likely new premades
    • New active career
    • Impacts every current in game career (and probably future careers)
    • Probably plenty of new objects and CASsets (we've seen at least three new hairstyles)
    • Two new in-game systems (@SimGuruKate in her livestream schedule Tweet mentioned both a Fame and a Reputation system)

There is probably a lot "under the hood" that doesn't show well in a 1 minute trailer. People called GT "just a party pack" till we learned the intricacies of the club system. I'm not going to judge an entire pack based on just what we've seen in the trailer.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Ugh... this should've been a game pack. It seriously does NOT feel like an expansion pack at all... the trailer itself shows this.

Really? New world, new career, lots of new stuff that I saw. I'm looking forward to this.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I pre-ordered Seasons on another website and got it for £18 instead of £34.99. I'm hoping the same site lists Get Famous for pre-order soon and has the same sort of price.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    So far I've been pretty lucky and have bought all of the expansions and most of the game packs on sale. I find if I wait a week or two, Target, Best Buy, or even Amazon will have a sale. I'll do the same for Get Famous, keep my eyes out for a sale.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited October 2018
    I never buy packs at full price I always get them from a website that sells them for cheaper :D
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2018
    They've been putting the EPs on sale at 50% on Origin for quite some time now (and a sale usually comes shortly after release).
    Seasons was the exception to this. I suspect they are milking it for all they can since it was such a popular request. It's been on sale for 25% off twice now, while all the others have been the usual 50% off.

I'm sure GF will appear somewhere on a half off shortly after release, but we'll see if they have broken the trend or if Seasons really was the exception "to the rule" on Origin.

*Also the base/Seasons bundle is $10 more than the base/Cats & Dogs bundle, so I'm leaning towards the milking theory.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I can wait - I have better things to spend $40 on.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I just got way too many packs this week.
    Origin had (has?) the diy bundle for half price. How could I resist?
    I had just got spooky stuff for half price, and gave into the temptation: Seasons + parenthood + kids room stuff.

I've noticed that sales like that arrive around the time a new big pack is announced or released.

But the question is would I be getting Get Famous if it's on sale soon after release?
    The temptation is real.
    For all that it appears to lack drums and bands, I do really like the look of it.

I also don't yet have Jungle Adventures, and a bunch of stuff packs, so I may end up waiting to bundle it... But it's 50% off... I may just have to have it on it's own. (in a 50% off bundle would be better)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I don't have option but wait, here in my country these games are seriously expensive. Good times those when I bought Get Together, Vampires and City Living right away; all the rest, except a few SPs, was on sales.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    If the Fame and Reputation systems are good like the GT club system, and if I really liked the CAS/BB items, and the movie career is still looking good, then I would most likely buy it at full price, like I did for most of my Sims packs. :smile:

I love having more new worlds, so that is definitely an awesome positive for this pack (for me)! :smile: I could always use more worlds! :blush:

I’m waiting for more info to officially decide, but I feel I may end up getting this full price.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    The big holiday sales happen literally like 2 weeks later, lol. Even if this pack isn't on sale then, you'll get quite a few deals to make up the difference.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Boxing day sales are a thing here in Oz... they're the day after Christmas.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I still have about 5 packs I need to get (Outdoor Retreat, Seasons, C&D are the 3 I really want). I will wait for another build your bundle and get them (I still have $20 from my birthday money last month that's going on a GameStop gift card that I can add money to for a BYB). I'm on the fence about Jungle Adventure and MFP. I DON'T want Vampires. But before I get ANY of those, I need University to get here before I lose complete faith in the game.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    I just got way too many packs this week.
    Origin had (has?) the diy bundle for half price. How could I resist?
    I had just got spooky stuff for half price, and gave into the temptation: Seasons + parenthood + kids room stuff.

I did that a couple months ago but there was no Build a Bundle at the time. I went on Origin and bought about 7 SPs at once LOL Oh and I just picked up Parenthood and Dine Out about 2 weeks ago after trying to decide what I wanted to spend the GameStop gift card I got for my birthday on.
    Holiday wrote: »
    I pre-ordered Seasons on another website and got it for £18 instead of £34.99. I'm hoping the same site lists Get Famous for pre-order soon and has the same sort of price.

Same!
    So far I've been pretty lucky and have bought all of the expansions and most of the game packs on sale. I find if I wait a week or two, Target, Best Buy, or even Amazon will have a sale. I'll do the same for Get Famous, keep my eyes out for a sale.

Didn't know it was the same for Best Buy too, that's good to know!
    I never buy packs at full price I always get them from a website that sells them for cheaper :D

Lol same!
    I can wait - I have better things to spend $40 on.

Do you know how much pizza I can buy for $40?!?!?!
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    That is a good tip. I get a lot of my packs on some third party sites for much cheaper than retail as long as I wait a couple weeks!
  • s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    Yeah I do this with every pack i've ever purchased. I don't think i've ever paid full price except for the base game. Just wait for it to go on sale, it always does eventually.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im debating whether or not I want to pre-order GF on cdkeys. Ive heard alot of good things regarding it, but knowing my luck the first time using it something will inevitably happen and I neither get my game or my money back. And I still have yet to buy an EP at full price! Not that I think the EPs arent worth the money, but its just I always got my EPs 1/2 off.

Im probably going to end up waiting for the sales to come. With black friday and cyber monday right after release, Im certain it'll come on sale! Hopefully Target will have a 1/2 sale again a week later for GF like they did with Seasons!
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited October 2018
    Could someone please explain how this "build your bundle" thing works? Whenever I click it in Origin it tells me "there are no bundles available because I've got quite a collection already" or something like that, even though I only have like half of the packs.
    Could someone please explain how this "build your bundle" thing works? Whenever I click it in Origin it tells me "there are no bundles available because I've got quite a collection already" or something like that, even though I only have like half of the packs.

I have all the packs so I’m not 100% sure, but I was under the impression the Build Your Bundle meant 1 Expansion Pack, 1 Game Pack, and 1 Stuff Pack. Do you own all of one of those categories and that’s why it’s not letting you build a bundle?
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Holiday wrote: »

Same!

Said website put it up for pre-order yesterday and I managed to get it for £19.39, just slightly more than what I paid for Seasons, but still a massive discount on the Origin price! Just a waiting game for it to be released now... :)