Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New blog post: first reactions from sims camp.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sounds interesting. Waiting for the embargo release on Monday. Only thing that makes me nervous comment about sims being able to become famous for donating to charity. I really hope it’s not a simple system.

Well, you have famous philanthropists in real life who are famous for giving away money -- it's probably dependent on the amount; someone who donates §100 Simoleons wouldn't get the fame of someone who donated §10000. I wonder if it extends to donating other items, like you can donate items to charity in Scouting, or donate artifacts to the Simsonian in JA. Would be cool to be an archaelologist/philanthropist.

Or these Sims might be able to become 'famous' just as frequently as those in TS3 which everyone disliked such an easy avenue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I can't wait to see what this all looks like! :smiley:
    I'm very happy that we can build or own sets. This will allow for so much creativity! I hope that what we film can be seen on TV or somewhere, in the world, so that it really feels like what we did exists and didn't disappear without a trace.
    By the way I wish the books written by our sims could be bought and read in libraries as well. It would be weird that a famous writer's novels remain impossible for other sims to read and nowhere to be found.

The money vault would be the perfect opportunity to add burglars and police so I hope they didn't miss it. I can't wait to see how it works
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »
    I'm very happy that we can build or own sets. This will allow for so much creativity! I hope that what we film can be seen on TV or somewhere, in the world, so that it really feels like what we did exists and didn't disappear without a trace.
    By the way I wish the books written by our sims could be bought and read in libraries as well. It would be weird that a famous writer's novels remain impossible for other sims to read and nowhere to be found.

The money vault would be the perfect opportunity to add burglars and police so I hope they didn't miss it. I can't wait to see how it works

I wonder does it work the same as that chest where we just add inventory? How exciting. :expressionless:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

I wonder does it work the same as that chest where we just add inventory? How exciting. :expressionless:

From the description it seems we can add certain amounts of money to it
  • Options

But the Sim won't be using a wheelbarrow to roll that cash into it will they? Is it like the big closet where we can't see what is happening or like the chest for inventory? It would seem it works more like GTW business where we just click a screen and transfer some money. (IMHO)
  • Options

But the Sim won't be using a wheelbarrow to roll that cash into it will they? Is it like the big closet where we can't see what is happening or like the chest for inventory? It would seem it works more like GTW business where we just click a screen and transfer some money. (IMHO)

I was thinking maybe it worked like the bookcases on which more books appear when they contain more (the way it was in sims 3, I'm not sure they do that in 4) except maybe there would be more interactions with them
  • Options
    But now that I think of it ts4 objects are indeed rabbit holes more often than not so it is possible they work like GT closets, we probably won't see what's inside
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    People keep talking about a money vault, but the given links don't seem to mention it. Did they remove those bits from the articles? Perhaps someone could tell me what on earth it is
  • Options
    @IngeJones
    “So far, I love the CAS items. Being able to build your own sets is really cool. I absolutely love the vault, and being able to add so much money to it and play with it. From what I’ve seen, it looks amazing!” - Neecxle
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Only thing that makes me nervous comment about sims being able to become famous for donating to charity. I really hope it’s not a simple system.

If it's like the vampire system, unless you do it repeatedly and all the time (giving away all your money in the process) I very much doubt one donation will make you level up one entire rank of fame.
    It's more likely just one of the many actions giving you fame exp.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    @IngeJones
    “So far, I love the CAS items. Being able to build your own sets is really cool. I absolutely love the vault, and being able to add so much money to it and play with it. From what I’ve seen, it looks amazing!” - Neecxle

Yes that's what I mean. They say "I love the vault" but don't say exactly what it is. Usually it means some sort of cellar.

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    Are we sure the quote is referring to movie sets? Or CAS sets? 🤔

That is a very good question.

I mean I think it is a valid one. I don't know where people are getting this idea that we can build and create our own sets. I have not seen anything that specifically says we can build movie sets. It would be a wonderful feature, don't get me wrong, but something tells me it's similar to other active careers where the sets are locked and only accessed through the opportunities.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I mean I think it is a valid one. I don't know where people are getting this idea that we can build and create our own sets. I have not seen anything that specifically says we can build movie sets. It would be a wonderful feature, don't get me wrong, but something tells me it's similar to other active careers where the sets are locked and only accessed through the opportunities.

"Being able to build your own sets is really cool." is where we are getting the idea. It sounds exactly like something I wanted when I saw that trailer! :)
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2018
    the last blog they say something like "Building sets" but if that is movie sets or for the acting career we'll know Monday, I'm sure someone will say something.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Monday will be a busy, interesting day. I can't wait to see all their raw reactions.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I've never heard anyone use the term 'Build a CAS set.' The wording just doesn't fit. Has to be movie sets.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited October 2018
    So...the fame perk system will be similar to the vampire perk system? Unsurprising really.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Similar, but not a clone. ;)
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Excited to find out about all the new stuff, sounds like this pack really is full of surprises.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,435 Member
    Luckily this Monday the embargo lifts, can’t wait to see exactly what make your own sets mean. 11am est, 8am pst it lifts.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    The more I see about this pack the more excited I get. I don’t even like famous sims, but it really seems like it’s going to be a cool system compared with past games. Sims 3 had a terrible system and they apparently took the criticism from that and made it better this time. I’m looking forward to the lifts as well and the livestream next week.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I think this pack sounds better in the fame system then in the sims 3 fame system... I hated the rumors in TS3 with the fame, I lost more couples and fame that way.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Monday (Or Tuesday my time) can't come sooner!!
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sounds interesting. Waiting for the embargo release on Monday. Only thing that makes me nervous comment about sims being able to become famous for donating to charity. I really hope it’s not a simple system.

Well, you have famous philanthropists in real life who are famous for giving away money -- it's probably dependent on the amount; someone who donates §100 Simoleons wouldn't get the fame of someone who donated §10000. I wonder if it extends to donating other items, like you can donate items to charity in Scouting, or donate artifacts to the Simsonian in JA. Would be cool to be an archaelologist/philanthropist.

Or these Sims might be able to become 'famous' just as frequently as those in TS3 which everyone disliked such an easy avenue.

They said they learned from what we didn't like in sims 3 while creating the game syste.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    So...the fame perk system will be similar to the vampire perk system? Unsurprising really.

Well it is a great system that they will probably use many more times, especially if they create more supernatural sims.