Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New blog post: first reactions from sims camp.

phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
Just saw this new article for Get famous, has some nice new info.

ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/sims-camp-get-famous-reviews

ALSO THAT MONEY VAULT LOL. I saw that and I was like your kidding me right, that's the coolest thing I've ever heard of.

EDIT: takeaways-you can build your own set, lots of new build/buy objects, and money vault.
Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
JOVa2Sn.jpg

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

ALSO THAT MONEY VAULT LOL. I saw that and I was like your kidding me right, that's the coolest thing I've ever heard of.

EDIT: takeaways: you can build your own set, lots of new build/buy objects, and money vault.

Excited for the money vault. Hope our Kleptomaniac Sims can still it 😃
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

EDIT: takeaways: you can build your own set, lots of new build/buy objects, and money vault.

Excited for the money vault. Hope our Kleptomaniac Sims can still it 😃

I didn't think about that, what a fantastic idea for a tie in for that trait.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• FRENZIIFRENZII Posts: 29 Member
    I knew it! I just knew the sets were similar to the stage customisation in showtime. This is great! :* :D
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sounds interesting. Waiting for the embargo release on Monday. Only thing that makes me nervous comment about sims being able to become famous for donating to charity. I really hope it’s not a simple system.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What's the money vault?
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What's the money vault?

“So far, I love the CAS items. Being able to build your own sets is really cool. I absolutely love the vault, and being able to add so much money to it and play with it. From what I’ve seen, it looks amazing!” - Neecxle

Its a room to store all your cash probably like a decently sized bank vault. Being able to actually play with it leads me to believe its not a floor safe but like an actual bank vault. Put all your cash in there and roll around in it.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2018
    I can see where a sim may need a vault...with the fans... this way the famous has a place to put there star stuff at.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I am so pleasantly suprised that we can build the set. I was preparing for the possibility that they were set in stone, like festivals.
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    Money vault with klepto sims. Would be great if they could be broke into/stolen like mentioned above. ALSO, pushing for burglars, because COME ON!? Money vault, mansions, bouncers (maybe bodyguards?) burglar alarms with the mansions? lol I think they'd work great in this pack, or an update.
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm really happy about the sets, too. and curious about the money vaults, since i've built more than a few vaults in various households (higher level criminals needing places to store their gains, interstellar smugglers doing similar, ancient vampire households storing things they've gathered over centuries and so on). my klepto sims tend to just display their collected items out in the open, with few exceptions (my klepto child keeps sending back all the dirty dishes he steals from school since they give him a moodlet for a while)
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Are we sure the quote is referring to movie sets? Or CAS sets? 🤔
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I wish they said more info. Guess I’ll just wait til Monday :cry:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    If it's that many objects I hope there is a chance the photobooth is included.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    What's the money vault?

“So far, I love the CAS items. Being able to build your own sets is really cool. I absolutely love the vault, and being able to add so much money to it and play with it. From what I’ve seen, it looks amazing!” - Neecxle

Its a room to store all your cash probably like a decently sized bank vault. Being able to actually play with it leads me to believe its not a floor safe but like an actual bank vault. Put all your cash in there and roll around in it.

LOL I can create a Sim version of Scrooge McDuck.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »

That is a very good question.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    So that's why they had a green ball bit at sims camp where they dug themselves down to the head. It respresented the money vault! Graham posted a few tweets about it.
  • DopieDopeSimDopieDopeSim Posts: 84 Member
    Would loove a vault for my rich sims!

Makes sense that we get police again, right? I’ve noticed a police car in one of the photos of Del sol valley.
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Would loove a vault for my rich sims!

Makes sense that we get police again, right? I’ve noticed a police car in one of the photos of Del sol valley.
    It made also sense to get NPC policemen with Get to Work. ;)

Furthermore you can see a limo in the trailer although Grant has already confirmed that there won't be any cars in Get Famous.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    So that's why they had a green ball bit at sims camp where they dug themselves down to the head. It respresented the money vault! Graham posted a few tweets about it.

I thought it was because of The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff...
    a256aFi.gif
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    You know you have been watching too much of the curse of oak island. when the Sims 4 comes out with a new money vault and you think money pit. LoL
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    oh, never thought i would feel excited for a new sims 4 EP ever again, but lets just wait and see how far this hype train will go.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »

That is a very good question.

I think it's very clearly discussing movie sets. This was actually one of my first questions when I saw the acting career on the trailer. This makes me very happy because it gives us creative control to make up a variety of movie scenes from our minds! Sims is at its best when it allows the player creative control!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Sounds interesting. Waiting for the embargo release on Monday. Only thing that makes me nervous comment about sims being able to become famous for donating to charity. I really hope it’s not a simple system.

Well, you have famous philanthropists in real life who are famous for giving away money -- it's probably dependent on the amount; someone who donates §100 Simoleons wouldn't get the fame of someone who donated §10000. I wonder if it extends to donating other items, like you can donate items to charity in Scouting, or donate artifacts to the Simsonian in JA. Would be cool to be an archaelologist/philanthropist.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    What's the money vault?

I hope we can store other items, like all the valuable Omiscan treasures. If we need a vault to store our valuables, could that mean that burglars could be making a reappearance? (If not in the pre-pack patch maybe in a future patch?)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    Sorry, money vault is about as exicting as a talking toilet. Not interested at all in that wasted resource. And stealing borrowing a Disney idea of the Uncle duck rolling around in some gold coins or cash? Sounds silly to say the least and wasted talent. :s Now, being able to set up your own scenes is much more interesting.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.